Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Anyway, I'm loving Part 6 and I can't understand how it ends up on the bottom of so many people's rankings of Jojo parts. I heard things get even better after the prison, so...???

arc 6 is genuinely up there but it does have stiff competition from parts 4, 7, and 8 at the very least which automatically puts it around the middle. in general most, if not all, of jojo's averages out above mediocre and ultimately you're going to be comparing cool things with great things and it's part of why making tier lists is kinda discouraged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Iwasuke is like a hyena and a rat Gappy'd together. The one thing he isn't is a dog.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

didn't yasuho name josuke after a dog she said she had in her childhood? if she pulls out a photo at some point and araki draws it the same way as iwasuke i'll be too busy laughing to catch any plot point from that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She did, yeah. I don't remember if it was from fan-art or the real deal but there was a picture of it with Gappy's hat on at some point too.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Aurain posted:

She did, yeah. I don't remember if it was from fan-art or the real deal but there was a picture of it with Gappy's hat on at some point too.

It was one of those quick doodles in a text bubble to tell you who she's talking about. He's been doing that a lot in parts 7-8, though I remember him doing it a bit in part 6 too.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Aurain posted:

Iwasuke is like a hyena and a rat Gappy'd together. The one thing he isn't is a dog.

Ma'm, this isn't a dog. This is a sewer rat. And it has rabies.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

arc 6 is genuinely up there but it does have stiff competition from parts 4, 7, and 8 at the very least which automatically puts it around the middle. in general most, if not all, of jojo's averages out above mediocre and ultimately you're going to be comparing cool things with great things and it's part of why making tier lists is kinda discouraged
I appreciate part 6 for being utterly bonkers, but I think it's my least favorite Jojo part. I don't really know why, outside of the ending killing off the whole series up to that point. I think it's mostly Florida.

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

It was one of those quick doodles in a text bubble to tell you who she's talking about. He's been doing that a lot in parts 7-8, though I remember him doing it a bit in part 6 too.
I think we know Gappy's true identity.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I went ahead and got the Phantom Blood 1 book despite probably not really being able to afford it. It's pretty.

Here's a size comparison compared to the Stardust Crusader volumes you can get just incase anyone wanted to get a handle on the size of it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
My Phantom Blood 1 copy turned up today too. It feels extremely strange to be in England holding Jojo in my hands, it's such a handsome book.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

With two handsom men on the front and back covers too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/32.html

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Impressive.

I know this fight doesn't tend to hang with the "Greats" for a lot of people, but I like it just the same. Alessi's the best world-class weasel since Steely Dan.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

itskage posted:

I love DIO as much as the next straight yet questionably homosexual male, but my god man there's no way he's going to live up to this hype.

Although it would be awesome if he does.
People in the anime thread have such little faith.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't wait to see the conclusion of this fight next week. :allears:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Moltrey posted:

You're right they should have gone full gay way before this point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wanting to gently caress DIO is not limited by sexuality. It's as normal as gravity.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
I expected this fight to last one and a half episode with the last five minutes being Hol Horse and DIO, but i dont think they can fit it in the next episode anymore.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wasn't so crazy about this episode. I don't think the 5 minutes at the start recapping last week were super necessary and could have been used to put towards Shooting DIO. Very surprised they went with that. Probably the weakest of the Egypt eps to date, but still pretty good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

T-Minus 2 weeks to D'arby.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The GIG posted:

You're right they should have gone full gay way before this point.

If someone is not gay for DIO, this may not be the series for them.

Dio Brando is a motherfucker, he handsome though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

GoldenPrice posted:

I expected this fight to last one and a half episode with the last five minutes being Hol Horse and DIO, but i dont think they can fit it in the next episode anymore.

Yeah this episode was basically 2 chapters and a third. Maybe without any Iggy filler they could fit it?

At least next episode will have peperorerore

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 27, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope someone on Tumblr makes a "It's Friday" thing, only with Alessi's Shining scene replacing Polnareff. :allears:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Moltrey posted:

DIO has ascended beyond the weak human concept of sexuality and they should really come to grips with that

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
This seals the deal that D'Arby is gonna be 2 episodes.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I wonder if people will get bent out of shape due to the nudity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

From Twitter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Interesting, in the previews last week the French subs used the "well done" translation for Alessi's catchphrase, but they went back to the one used in the French translation of the manga this week "you're/what a big boy (you are/I am)".

I prefer this one as it accentuates the creepiness.

Maybe "grown-up" would be a better term in English, rather than "big boy"? Telling kids they're grown-ups as a compliment, I mean.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 28, 2015

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

From Twitter.

Holy poo poo, I'm just realizing young Polnareff is in his exact same weird rear end pose from after they first meet him.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Young Polnareff is a good rap name

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Interesting, in the previews last week the French subs used the "well done" translation for Alessi's catchphrase, but they went back to the one used in the French translation of the manga this week "you're/what a big boy (you are/I am)".

I prefer this one as it accentuates the creepiness.

Maybe "grown-up" would be a better term in English, rather than "big boy"? Telling kids they're grown-ups as a compliment, I mean.
VIZ Media translated it "Good boy," which is definitely the way to go I think.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Did Polnareff get his penis rubbed by the lady and poop in the tub in the anime

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Did Polnareff get his penis rubbed by the lady and poop in the tub in the anime
Yes, and not yet.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Stardust Crusader's is easily the most erotic arc of Jojo's. The women's prison arc is among the least erotic. Hirohiko Araki is married to Asami, a lady, and is not gay.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Stardust Crusader's is easily the most erotic arc of Jojo's. The women's prison arc is among the least erotic. Hirohiko Araki is married to Asami, a lady, and is not gay.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So I just started rereading part 4 today and I forgot how loving hardcore Josuke was.

Let me just punch through this woman's stomach!

Oh, it's okay. I swallowed a glove!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Let me just punch through this woman's stomach!

It was his mother, actually.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It was his mother, actually.

Oh no, he punched through two women!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Re: the anime thread, while I'm typically one of those schmucks who thinks the source material should rarely be deviated from, I would be pretty okay with David Productions changing things up so Alessi bumps into Joseph.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Bad Seafood posted:

Re: the anime thread, while I'm typically one of those schmucks who thinks the source material should rarely be deviated from, I would be pretty okay with David Productions changing things up so Alessi bumps into Joseph.

I'm praying for this to happen. Alessi gets the poo poo beaten out of him by Polnareff and Jotaro, escapes, tries to attack Joseph...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love how weird the part 4 character look in the beginning chapters. Okuyasu, what the gently caress.

• Locked thread