Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah scout isnt too bad i find i have a way easier time landing heads with it that with an awp. Also you can do jumpshots which are always cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Ferret King posted:

So I'm using this training map to warm up and work on my various aim skills, and I was wondering.

There's this Training Map that places you at the end of a ridiculously long corridor with guys running toward you. Even with their movement toward me being fairly constant, I have a hard time clicking their heads at the farthest ranges. The small dot of my crosshair is bigger than their head at that range. Is there a trick to landing those kinds of shots reliably or is it more luck?

None of the rifles ever reach 100% accuracy iirc. At really really long ranges your aim can be dead-on and you'll still miss.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

ArfJason posted:

Yeah scout isnt too bad i find i have a way easier time landing heads with it that with an awp. Also you can do jumpshots which are always cool

I always go for body shots with the awp, only time I try for the head is when wallbanging someone who is likely at 100 health, like people crossing doors on D2.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Necc0 posted:

None of the rifles ever reach 100% accuracy iirc. At really really long ranges your aim can be dead-on and you'll still miss.

It feels like the Ak and the UMP both have ridiculous long-distance accuracies, though. (I've spent the past two days in Aim_botz)

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Luigi Thirty posted:

When would I want to use the SSG 08? I never buy one and I don't see too many people that do in my games. It's an early round peashooter sniper rifle, right? Really cheap, accurate, you better get a headshot or hope they can't afford armor?

Scout ist gud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPycUftNjR4

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Luigi Thirty posted:

When would I want to use the SSG 08? I never buy one and I don't see too many people that do in my games. It's an early round peashooter sniper rifle, right? Really cheap, accurate, you better get a headshot or hope they can't afford armor?

Buy it second round CT when you lose pistol on Mirage, run to B and jumpscout the opposing team to death when they rush.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Ernie. posted:

Well against a big ol' idiot it's super powerful. A lot of people will assume you're not a threat because it's a 2-hit sniper, but it's only 1 to the head. It's my favorite thing to flip a save round around. Just aim at head level and it becomes super useful.

Doesn't it also allow you to take accurate jump shots unlike the AWP? I vaguely recall hearing about that. So there's a bonus right there; it gives you more freedom of movement when sniping.

EDIT, gently caress, BEATEN. You guys post fast...

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I remember some pro, I think from that good German team, saying its overpowered at the moment.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Always bet against na :angel:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

bpower posted:

I remember some pro, I think from that good German team, saying its overpowered at the moment.

It is, which is why I didn't mention the jumping and shooting bonus that comes with it. Within a couple of patches valve will probably take that out, but that's not where its advantages end.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
gambling is so bougie

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

bpower posted:

some pros also recommended the sweet deag buff that made it 75 thru armor at all ranges lmao

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I sometimes buy a scout if I'm forcing and watching long A on dust, window on mirage, etc. Or if I'm watching those things alone and can't afford an AWP but don't want to gift anyone an M4 in a 1v4-5.

One time I bought one on round 17 Mirage as CT kind of on a hunch and killed 3-4 guys to win the round. I can't remember if we had won or lost pistol. Regardless they were angered and confused that someone bought a scout then and that's what it's all about.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mac 10 counter ecos are still better than tec 9 counter ecos but both are drat brilliant

Scouts have their place, too, if you're aware of the shots you can attempt with it

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Luna Was Here posted:

i will always stand by the CT side round 2 p90 hut rush

Me and my brother do this as a legit strat every 4 or 5 rounds as CT on Nuke and it catches people out 90% of the time at MG2 level. Both P90, I go squeaky, he goes hut, if their team is going anywhere but outside it ends well

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 27, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Ernie. posted:

It is, which is why I didn't mention the jumping and shooting bonus that comes with it. Within a couple of patches valve will probably take that out, but that's not where its advantages end.

What was jumping accuracy like 1.6 ? I think its a bit lovely when the guy jumping has the advantage. Especially retaking A 1v1 on d2 from CT.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

down with slavery posted:

gambling is so bougie

I stopped betting on csgo since it is so unpredictable. With dota2 you at least have only the variance of heroes being picked changing, apart from human factors like people just playing like poo poo. For CSGO betting you don't know the map typically or what side the teams will be starting which play a very very big part in which team will win.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

bpower posted:

What was jumping accuracy like 1.6 ?

Zero

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Alighieri posted:

I stopped betting on csgo since it is so unpredictable. With dota2 you at least have only the variance of heroes being picked changing, apart from human factors like people just playing like poo poo. For CSGO betting you don't know the map typically or what side the teams will be starting which play a very very big part in which team will win.

but you do, hltv

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

My crate gambling pays off! :toot:

(Don't open crates please I wasted too much money getting to this point)

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

pandaK posted:

but you do, hltv

for some of the bo1 matches sure, but for bo3 they typically do the map selection when the match starts and by that time bets are locked. I don't bet on bo1's at all since those are even more unpredictable. Maybe i'm just bitter over the matches I lost that should have been easy wins, but the team I bet on played like poo poo.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Since we're talking about accuracy, does anyone know how CS:GO calculates bullet collisions? It feels like it doesn't favor it based on trajectory of the bullet, but based on location of the target. Anyone know of any tests or knowledge on the matter?

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
What?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Since we're talking about accuracy, does anyone know how CS:GO calculates bullet collisions? It feels like it doesn't favor it based on trajectory of the bullet, but based on location of the target. Anyone know of any tests or knowledge on the matter?

That is correct. The tracers are for show.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Anyone able to MM?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

True and Real posted:

That is correct. The tracers are for show.

im almost certain theres a gif out there where two dudes awp shot each other near point blank and you can see where the bullets connected mid air, i'll try to see if i can dig it up

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Luna Was Here posted:

im almost certain theres a gif out there where two dudes awp shot each other near point blank and you can see where the bullets connected mid air, i'll try to see if i can dig it up

No. This game is hitscan not trajectory based. If you saw a gif like that it was probably made in source moviemaker or w/e

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Ernie. posted:

CSGO is hitscan there are no actual projectiles involved

Luna Was Here posted:

lol no

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Make sure to lead your targets at long ranges

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

If bullets were projectiles there would be a lot more 1:1 kill trades.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Have you considered War Thunder, a game where if you manage to put a tank shell down your opponent's barrel it will detonate both shells and blow up his tank

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

e:nvm

mcvey fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 27, 2015

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

you forgot about grenades!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I know!

:argh:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I have recently turned down my sensitivity by about 2/3rds and there and now like 3/5ths of my games are Silver IIIs instead of Silver IIs like me. Thanks, thread!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Luna Was Here posted:

hahaha, no, but that does remind me of this classic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzfxt3UqLs

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Fat Lou posted:

hahaha, no, but that does remind me of this classic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzfxt3UqLs

this might've been what i was thinking of, lmao

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Just had a really bad mirage game. We won, but I got completely carried. I'm usually okay, but this time I was just completely worthless. Anyone want to give me some tips? I made some real bad decisions that got me yelled at, which didn't help. My teammates were rude and loud but I shouldn't have let that fluster me. :(

Game's here.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

JAssassin posted:

Just had a really bad mirage game. We won, but I got completely carried. I'm usually okay, but this time I was just completely worthless. Anyone want to give me some tips? I made some real bad decisions that got me yelled at, which didn't help. My teammates were rude and loud but I shouldn't have let that fluster me. :(

Game's here.

Steam Name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Ixtlilton posted:

I have recently turned down my sensitivity by about 2/3rds and there and now like 3/5ths of my games are Silver IIIs instead of Silver IIs like me. Thanks, thread!

McVeys eyes and heart swell

• Locked thread