Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Spock getting beamed up by Scotty (to heaven) cartoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ClownSyndrome posted:

Spock getting beamed up by Scotty (to heaven) cartoons

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Even people Bish likes look awful when he draws them.

quote:

Wait Tuvok died as well?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Met posted:

35 permanent jobs, Ramirez.

I love the elephant roadie

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What the gently caress?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Obama is Spock. A...well, it's a cartoon.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

R.I.P. Obama.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

edit: nevermind

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 27, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

I like it, I don't know why exactly.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

What the hell? Obama is the logical alien overlord that we need? Two Things Happened and one is just "Obama is president"?

The lazy tributes are bad enough, but this is just baffling.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Of course Latuff is a Trekkie

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

WitchFetish posted:

Ahahahah

Seriously though, Polandball comics are completely retarded and entirely based on stereotypes, but you know, they are not Humon or Hetalia so there's that.

They are supposed to be mocking sterotypes, but someone with as little subtlety as you I could see the confusion.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Polandball is good because it mocks Polish nationalism and stereotypes in a cute, inoffensive way.

SatW and Hetalia are bad because they embody nationalism and try to apologize for racism/war crimes and whatever.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
It's bad because it is unfunny primarily.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm going to assume people started working on these when he was admitted to the hospital several days ago. Except for the google-tracers.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
No, Dave, your "joke" is highly illogical becaus dying at 83 isn't.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

It's bad because it is unfunny primarily.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Don't change your av ever afraid of audio, it's gold

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Some Lying Bill O'Reilly cartoons:

And one about a politician named Butt:

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Of course Latuff is a Trekkie

try to imagine a reality where someone who is latuff doesn't have a starfleet uniform in his closet.

Really the only question is what color is it?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Disappointed by the lack of cartoons mentioning Nimoy's main piece of work, Seaman.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was expecting these to be bad but drat, this thread never fails to exceed my expectations.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

forbidden lesbian posted:

Don't change your av ever afraid of audio, it's gold

I love it.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

steinrokkan posted:

Disappointed by the lack of cartoons mentioning Nimoy's main piece of work, Seaman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Venom Snake posted:

They are supposed to be mocking sterotypes, but someone with as little subtlety as you I could see the confusion.

The good ones mock stereotypes, but the bad ones revel in them, however I could expect someone with as little brain as you to miss such a simple concept.

edit : ok, I'm being an rear end in a top hat here, but I've seen too many thinly veiled racist polandball comics to not think "most are good, but some are kinda poo poo".

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 28, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

And one about a politician named Butt:

Because Nimoy died this will probably be the only cartoon about that bit of Tennessee news. I mean a woman with the last name Butt said something incredibly stupid and racist, the cartoons draw themselves. Unfortunately something more newsworthy happened first.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has this thread seen Marty Two-Bulls yet? Here are all of his cartoons from 2015.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

WitchFetish posted:

The good ones mock stereotypes, but the bad ones revel in them, however I could expect someone with as little brain as you to miss such a simple concept.

edit : ok, I'm being an rear end in a top hat here, but I've seen too many thinly veiled racist polandball comics to not think "most are good, but some are kinda poo poo".

It's literally something anyone with MS paint can do, the racist ones are bad, the rest are not. Do apply such standards to every form of media?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

This is rad as gently caress. Also love demon Uncle Sam.

quote:

This is sad as gently caress. Also the poo poo about the hockey game. Who in America can feel as if we haven't given the Native Americans enough poo poo over the centuries? Pretty sure we hit our quota of human misery way, way back in the day.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

steinrokkan posted:

You probally forgot about Nimoy being Moundshroud in Halloween Tree, you jerk. :colbert:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Mellow Seas posted:

a lazy pearly gates cartoon where Peter says "Well you certainly prospered but we wish you could've lived a little longer!

That is a loving awful idea and I just know that it's not the worst one that's going to turn up.

Okay wow, now I've read the most recent page, my god was that true. That Obama-Spock thing is horrible. The Granlund comic of Nimoy calling his own obituary illogical looks more like something you'd print if he actually wasn't dead. And Beeler, goddamn dude.

That is a horrible GIS auto-trace chop-job. Get a new job, you worthless hack.

Edit:
I quite like this one, actually. Poor baby fat cat, so innocent and naive. And the government rat struggling to escape. Nice touch. Two-Bulls is generally really good with imagery and has a neat style. But, and this might be down to me being on the wrong continent, I don't really get his "weed is guns" comic. If someone could explain, that'd be great, thanks.

TheDarkFlame fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 28, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That is a downright disappointing Latuff, and sadly the weird ear wings lose their punch after seeing Taylor's bizarre Obama Spock.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

This is just the weirdest drat thing ever.

e: Erase the speech bubble and that's a pretty good avatar though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean the comic isn't that weird, but it's a really ham-handed way of combining "A Thing Happened" with "A Political Thing That is Pretty Much Always Happening"

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Oh, shipload.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Rorus Raz posted:

I mean the comic isn't that weird, but it's a really ham-handed way of combining "A Thing Happened" with "A Political Thing That is Pretty Much Always Happening"

I dunno, get a load of those purple Vulcan lips though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Oh, shipload.
IT'S SHIP

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

TheDarkFlame posted:

I quite like this one, actually. Poor baby fat cat, so innocent and naive. And the government rat struggling to escape. Nice touch. Two-Bulls is generally really good with imagery and has a neat style. But, and this might be down to me being on the wrong continent, I don't really get his "weed is guns" comic. If someone could explain, that'd be great, thanks.

Poor baby fatcat looks like it's carrying a human corpse for a doll. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Leonard Nimoy, famous for his 4-foot-wide torso.

• Locked thread