Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What the gently caress was that Mini Majin Buu mission, that was so awful.

It gets worse, but thankfully the rest of the Buu saga isn't hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Pro-tip for the Ginyu mission versus the 20 Freeza soldiers, don't forget about wall combos. You pretty much have an infinite in Punch, Punch, Punch, Punch -> Milky Cannon, then doing the thing again when they hit the wall. I'd also fight in the command room or whatever, because gently caress the hallway.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbZ7hZihlY

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdFy2lWc3lo Toonami style.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

I play this on loop on my mic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I too wish Bulma was playable.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Firstborn posted:

I've done all those steps x5. Vegeta never goes SSJ, and I just end up killing Freeza.

One time Vegeta said something like, "Just stand back..." that I didn't recognize as his normal "I got hit by an Ultimate" speech, but he didn't do anything.

Not really sure what I'm missing.
1.) Killed Freeza Soldiers
2.) Recruited Krillin
3.) Krillin dies
4.) Goku turns up, goes SSJ
5.) Beat up Freeza, he transforms x2
6.) Vegeta shows up

.. Then I just kill Freeza.

Maybe you need to keep Vegeta above some hp point? I dunno all I did was kill Freeza after Goku and Vegeta showed up.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mabels big day posted:

I too wish Bulma was playable.

Nothing's stopping you from making a female human with blue hair :)

And hilariously the game doesn't even stop you from naming your character "Bulma" or "Goku" if you want to.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Zaphod42 posted:

And hilariously the game doesn't even stop you from naming your character "Bulma" or "Goku" if you want to.

It's true! Some dude made an Adult Gohan clone named Gohan and it really confused me until I saw his name was white.

Unrelated: I want to join the Taima Force why can't I join the Taima Force.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

That's not even remotely close to being the same.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

How do you do the follow up attacks after sending someone flying? I'm confused.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Anyone got tips for Z-Ranking PQ08?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What the gently caress was that Mini Majin Buu mission, that was so awful.

I found the Ultra Fighting Bomber Ultimate to be a godsend in that fight. The mini-Buus don't block much, so when you pop it they'll pretty much all take damage.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Holy poo poo I haven't heard this in so long. Thanks for posting it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

rizuhbull posted:

How do you do the follow up attacks after sending someone flying? I'm confused.

Certain combos will do it automatically. Have you bothered opening up your combos list to look at how deep it is? The really long combos will involve you following up attacks, as long as you keep the combo going and don't cancel into another move.

Additionally the super move "instant transmission" can be used at any time to teleport behind somebody and beat them up, so long as you have Ki.

The Green Calx posted:

Holy poo poo I haven't heard this in so long. Thanks for posting it.

Nostalgia is a helluva drug. You're welcome :)

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Firstborn posted:

Pro-tip for the Ginyu mission versus the 20 Freeza soldiers, don't forget about wall combos. You pretty much have an infinite in Punch, Punch, Punch, Punch -> Milky Cannon, then doing the thing again when they hit the wall. I'd also fight in the command room or whatever, because gently caress the hallway.

Milky Cannon is clutch in that mission because you're fighting in such close quarters that it's pretty much unavoidable. I actually like Milky Cannon a lot: it comes out pretty fast, hits like a truck, and it's purple, objectively the best ki blast color. The range never really bothered me since I usually use energy blasts after ki cancelling out of a melee combo anyway.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
silver lining though, you can still join online pqs from offline mode. although its not the same as goofing off in an online lobby.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I have a PS4. Do I need Playstation plus to do the online stuff?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i got online just fine on PC, i think it's back up?

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

i got online just fine on PC, i think it's back up?

Not letting me sign in or even get to the offline portion, kind of sad you can't even play the offline portion if the servers are acting up.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Volume posted:

I have a PS4. Do I need Playstation plus to do the online stuff?

Yes. :sigh:

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

If you're having trouble getting in even if you want to just play offline, sign into offline mode on steam and then launch the game again.

Also, just got evil explosion from Piccolo. What a great move. :allears:

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Am I the only one who thinks we should be able to fly around the hub area?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is there a tier list for this game yet.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Green Calx posted:

Also, just got evil explosion from Piccolo. What a great move. :allears:

It's SO good. The range is surprisingly long (the hitbox is definitely bigger than the wave animation shows) and it hits like a drat truck at full charge.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

The Green Calx posted:

the hub is way too big, flying would be great but at least a sprint would be welcome. also all your senpais move around so you gotta go hunt down krillin or whatever when it's time to learn destructo disk and it takes ages. at least there's an item shop on both ends of the industrial sector though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Green Calx posted:

Not just that, but I would love to be able to just fly around Snake Way or like part of Earth and Namek. :allears:

Budokai Tenkachi had a thing where you could fly around a continent on Earth and Namek kinda like a Final Fantasy game, and find items or encounters on the map. That'd be really cool in this game.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I haven't been able to watch past the cyber Gero arc, and this pink bastard is seriously pissing me off. Someone explain to me what Buu is, why he splits into 6 small buus, and why Goku runs away and lets me deal with all of 'em like an rear end in a top hat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

I haven't been able to watch past the cyber Gero arc, and this pink bastard is seriously pissing me off. Someone explain to me what Buu is, why he splits into 6 small buus, and why Goku runs away and lets me deal with all of 'em like an rear end in a top hat.

Basically its Toriyama's attempt to create another Freiza, while also making him... silly and cute?

Buu goes through a million different transformations but he's pretty much an evil magic spirit.

In one form (which playable Buus are kinda descendant from) he's not really all that bad, but in other forms he's a real rear end in a top hat. Well, even in the 'good' form he's an rear end in a top hat. He buddies up with Hercule though which is pretty funny. And he has a magic beam that turns people into chocolate (and you can learn this move in-game apparently).

Pretty much Freiza + Cell. :shrug: 6 small buus is just like the mini-cells. (Hey Gotenks gets to barf up ghost clones too; Toriyama is a silly dude)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

BattleCattle posted:

He's a super demon that likes to fight for fun. Goku runs away because he can only be SSJ3 for like five minutes at that time of the series.

Buu splits because he's basically dragonball Kirby and can do what he wants.

In other, news, sick of Ginyu's thing being all red but he keeps talking about milky canon.

Also, that buu fight was pretty easy. The fight with piccolo afterwards? pain in the rear end.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Eonwe posted:

I've seen you a few time in the lobby! I'm Jorts

Hey man :D

Also it's crazy that one of the best ki specials comes from RADITZ of all people. Weekend is seriously powerful as hell.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Has anyone compiled a list of all the post-fight bonuses to get higher ranks on quests? Managed to beat PQ08 by doing it alone (points), getting a 20 hit combo (points), 3 throws (points), 3 guard breaks (points), defeating 10 enemies (points), and finishing with at least 80% health (points).

Would make things a lot easier if I knew all the various ways to get points.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I just recently realized you can jump in toki toki city. It's useless, because you can't actually jump over anything. But still.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Server seems pretty seriously borked right now, I'm gonna take steam fully offline for a bit.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nasgate posted:

He's a super demon that likes to fight for fun. Goku runs away because he can only be SSJ3 for like five minutes at that time of the series.

Buu splits because he's basically dragonball Kirby and can do what he wants.

In other, news, sick of Ginyu's thing being all red but he keeps talking about milky canon.

Also, that buu fight was pretty easy. The fight with piccolo afterwards? pain in the rear end.

He's a Gennie, Jinn is another word for Gennie.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm really disappointed that there wasn't an Android chapter to Time Patrol...17 and 18 are in this game, right??

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

jivjov posted:

I'm really disappointed that there wasn't an Android chapter to Time Patrol...17 and 18 are in this game, right??

Yes they are and yes there is.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Put 2 hours into the game, i am having an absolute blast. Trunks sounds really odd though.

I am confused about a bunch of stuff since the game doesn't seem to explain very much stuff. The game gave me a big run down of the controls really early on in the tutorial and i kind of forgot it.

- What exactly do certain stats mean? Like Max Ki, Basic Attacks, Strike Supers, Ki Blast Supers?

- The tutorial mentioned stuff like stepping and dodging, and i cannot figure out how this works.

- How do i throw people? Actually how do i see the full list of controls again?

- My combo list seems to want me to use charged up Y attacks except no combo seems to come of it? Like X->Charged Y->Y, doesn't seem to do a combo.

Also beating the poo poo out of Krillin was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

jivjov posted:

They are, and there is an Android chapter, but it's not the one you'd probably expect.

• Locked thread