Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

quote:

I use GLD, vents and optics on my Luchs, and I have an absolutely absurd number of battles in it

Wn8 explained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
even on the E-50 ramming is such a rare opportunity that it's really not worth giving up any part of the holy trinity of rammer/optics/vstab for.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

yaay posted:

even on the E-50 ramming is such a rare opportunity that it's really not worth giving up any part of the holy trinity of rammer/optics/vstab for.

But its such a satisfying thing to kill a RhM from full health in one ram and take no damage, that I personally sacrificed optics on my E-50m. 67% winrate.

Aeneas
Jun 27, 2005

Historia est vitae magistra
Any of the on sale premiums worth picking up? How about the package will all of them?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Aeneas posted:

Any of the on sale premiums worth picking up? How about the package will all of them?

I would only consider the Su-122-44. Its badass.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Animal posted:

I would only consider the Su-122-44. Its badass.

More like poo poo.

LETS GET THIS DERAIL STARTED.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Saint Celestine posted:

More like poo poo.

OH YOU SON OF A BITCH, NOT AGAIN!

:argh:

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Saint Celestine posted:

More like poo poo.

Burn in hell Camador. A hell in which your STB-1 whizzes every single shot.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I think the Covenanter is a good tank which is good at seal-clubbing.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
gently caress these light tank missions. I've got a FV 304, is it worth going further up the tree with british arty?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

maev posted:

gently caress these light tank missions. I've got a FV 304, is it worth going further up the tree with british arty?

It's not worth playing ANY other arty.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

maev posted:

No
You are at one of the two worthwhile and currently available pub match artillery, and you already unlocked the other in researching the FV304.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

maev posted:

GC is a tactical nuke being shot by a bunch of drunk inbreeds.

So yes it is worth it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The Comet is probably better than the 122-44 even if it is less fun and vastly more difficult.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

MoraleHazard posted:

Thanks for the advice. The logic behind the torsion bars and spall liner was to help from being tracked when active scouting and to be able to drive off steep inclines and keep from being tracked. I'm going to go w/ your advice though.

pun pundit posted:

There has been some talk that the torsion bars reduce track damage taken from jumps and such, but I don't know if anyone has tested it.

According to the description, they increase track hp by 20%, and reduce impact damage (jumping, possibly ramming?) by 50%. So in theory they could be worth it. Less chance of being tracked is never a bad thing! In practice though....who knows. Could be that % is as fake and useless as the % on spall liners.

maev posted:

Haven't played anything past it, but from what other people say they range from bad to mediocre, until the CGC which is pretty much the best arty in the game. Think T92 with much steeper arc.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

maev posted:

Nope.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

maev posted:

Wn8 explained

Git gud scrub

seriously though, it's a fun tank, why not make it even more fun by having be even better?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Valle posted:

Haven't played anything past it, but from what other people say they range from bad to mediocre, until the CGC which is pretty much an arty in the game. Think T92 with a slightly steeper arc.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

James Garfield posted:

No
You are at one of the two worthwhile and currently available pub match artillery, and you already unlocked the other in researching the FV304.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not playing any arty to have fun. I just want the missions done. :wargaming:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Aeneas posted:

The SU-122-44 is definitely worth it and gives you a tier 7 if you want to help someone with a grind. It's also a great russian crew trainer, as it's crew layout is standard commander/driver/gunner/loader. I used mine to train up a second medium crew for the 140 and a heavy crew for when I bought back my KV-1s. Gun handling can piss you off at times but it hits like a truck.

I mean, 30% off is really nice.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

The Southern Dandy posted:

slightly steeper

It's all relative I guess!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

maev posted:

I think you misunderstand, I'm not playing any arty to have fun. I just want the missions done. :wargaming:

Don't bother with the arti missions. The light ones are about waiting for the right map rotation and hoping your teammates shoot at the enemy hope your platoonmates can farm enough damage.

The artillery ones are basically impossible unless you get the right map with the right enemies sitting in a clump, have your teammates actually spot them, and you need to hit the RNG roulette just for your shell to deal damage.

Valle posted:

I appreciate those graph makers who were sure to note the Bat155-58 existed and then not actually put a line on the graph for it.

E: oh poo poo wait can someone teach me how to make 3D graphs real quick I wanna photoshop a Bat155 shotgunning the other four at 0m.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 27, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Hellsau posted:

I appreciate those graph makers who were sure to note the Bat155-58 existed and then not actually put a line on the graph for it.

E: oh poo poo wait can someone teach me how to make 3D graphs real quick I wanna photoshop a Bat155 shotgunning the other four at 0m.

Bat arc is apparently equal to the T92 arc, you kinda see the yellow line has a pixelwide shadow or something there for parts of it. But your idea is better.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
What the gently caress when did they remove the T-34-85M along with the Fury from the premium shop?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Almost 2000 free XP to go from 99% in a skill to 100%? No thanks.

Agrajag posted:

What the gently caress when did they remove the T-34-85M along with the Fury from the premium shop?

Fury's been gone for a while, I think. No Grosstraktor either. :smith:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Valle posted:

Play it and you'll see what I'm saying. That firing arc, while nifty, isn't even close to the 304.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

Almost 2000 free XP to go from 99% in a skill to 100%? No thanks.

First skill takes 210k xp. Second skill takes 420k, third 840k, fourth 1.68 million experience.

This is how female crews are incredibly generous. Free two skill crews that train as fast as one skill crews? Sign me the gently caress up.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Don't bother with the arti missions. The light ones are about waiting for the right map rotation and hoping your teammates shoot at the enemy hope your platoonmates can farm enough damage.

The artillery ones are basically impossible unless you get the right map with the right enemies sitting in a clump, have your teammates actually spot them, and you need to hit the RNG roulette just for your shell to deal damage.

Don't go spreading those lies! The arty missions are pretty easy. Hell I finished the last one in my tier 8 Lorraine (of all things) with ace tanker, HC, and Gore's.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 27, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
well, I' sure glad all the t10 arty can only shoot out to 500m. Is there a graph that covers the 700-800 meters normally shot at. I usually can't render what I'm shooting. Still stands though that the conq does have the highest arc. However, It is also the shortest range to the others I believe. I think the t92 also can't shoot corner to corner on the larger maps, but can still further than the conq. I know the bat chat can cover it all.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

JuffoWup posted:

well, I' sure glad all the t10 arty can only shoot out to 500m. Is there a graph that covers the 700-800 meters normally shot at. I usually can't render what I'm shooting. Still stands though that the conq does have the highest arc. However, It is also the shortest range to the others I believe. I think the t92 also can't shoot corner to corner on the larger maps, but can still further than the conq. I know the bat chat can cover it all.

Yes. Read some post saying that the max angle of all the arty is something like 40 degrees, which the CGC hits at 950 meters or so, which is its max range. The 261's max range is apparently 1450m, which uh, isn't possible on current maps. Even the 1000x1000 maps are only 1414m diagonally. Anyway, since all the tier 10 arty can shoot over 800m, I do believe the difference will be the same. After you pass the CGC's max range the other arties will be "catching up" so to speak.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

Don't go spreading those lies! The arty missions are pretty easy. Hell I finished the last one in my tier 8 Lorraine (of all things) with ace tanker, HC, and Gore's.

Oh yeah the final arti mission is easy enough, it's the loving horrible RNG ones like "track two vehicles that get destroyed" or "destroy two lights" (in a tier six+ arti, okay I'll sabotage my team) or "splash three enemies" that aren't things that are under your control.

Still going to do the early ones for the credits but I'll get the other crew members if they tone the poo poo missions down.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Agrajag posted:

Fury was only on sale for a month or so while the movie was in theatres

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I think the Covenanter is a good tank which is good at seal-clubbing.

I liked mine. It's a fast, nimble tank that dodged the curse of scout matchmaking, with a decent gun and excellent gun depression. I ended up with a 70% WR in mine. Then again I have a 70% WR in the AMX 40 so maybe I'm just great at horrible tanks.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

Hellsau posted:

Oh yeah the final arti mission is easy enough, it's the loving horrible RNG ones like "track two vehicles that get destroyed" or "destroy two lights" (in a tier six+ arti, okay I'll sabotage my team) or "splash three enemies" that aren't things that are under your control.

Still going to do the early ones for the credits but I'll get the other crew members if they tone the poo poo missions down.

I'm busting my balls on the light one which involves platoon mates. Not only is mission 11 a poo poo rng fest of needing to spot damage in the first place, but you get sabotaged by your own team who scout poo poo instead of you, the map pool, enemies dissapearing and the damage not being counted as yours etc. I'll try them again when I get my RU but with the tier 6 I can't be hosed anymore. Arty missions seem well easier, at least you can actually do damage and not sabotage your own mission (and wn8) by shooting something you spot.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

maev posted:

I'm busting my balls on the light one which involves platoon mates. Not only is mission 11 a poo poo rng fest of needing to spot damage in the first place, but you get sabotaged by your own team who scout poo poo instead of you, the map pool, enemies dissapearing and the damage not being counted as yours etc. I'll try them again when I get my RU but with the tier 6 I can't be hosed anymore. Arty missions seem well easier, at least you can actually do damage and not sabotage your own mission (and wn8) by shooting something you spot.

The light tank platoon mission combined spotting damage between the three of you but not tracking damage! Just get Prok or Fiery Salient like every other light tank mission, or setup one of you to spot and the other two to snipe. Also be ready to sabotage your team by not firing since it doesn't count damage you do yourself, and any damage you do it HP that you can't get for spotting.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Thing is the cgc can drop shells into the engine deck/turret roof and 1shot anything thats not a superheavy it can also highroll an e100 for full hp. Its the best t10 arty hands down.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
If only tier 10 wasn't the Worst Tier

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Crazed, Kombat and I just the most amazing 15-0 game. Nobody carried, just strong damage across the board. As soon as tank was lit, it got focused. 10/10 would play again.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

The light tank platoon mission combined spotting damage between the three of you but not tracking damage! Just get Prok or Fiery Salient like every other light tank mission, or setup one of you to spot and the other two to snipe. Also be ready to sabotage your team by not firing since it doesn't count damage you do yourself, and any damage you do it HP that you can't get for spotting.

This is the worst thing about many of these missions, intentionally playing not to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Let's bring it home, patriots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLQI8X2R6Y