Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Pureauthor posted:

Yes they are and yes there is.

I just beat the Cell Saga and there wasn't anything from the androids...although I guess in a Time Travel plot we could do Androids post-Perfect Cell?

EDIT:

Maleketh posted:

They are, and there is an Android chapter, but it's not the one you'd probably expect.

Is it History of Trunks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Athropos posted:

Hey man :D

Also it's crazy that one of the best ki specials comes from RADITZ of all people. Weekend is seriously powerful as hell.

how do you get weekend to shoot off in a V form? Mash the left stick?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

jivjov posted:

I just beat the Cell Saga and there wasn't anything from the androids...although I guess in a Time Travel plot we could do Androids post-Perfect Cell?

Go back to Trunks and do the next chapter.

Exmond posted:

how do you get weekend to shoot off in a V form? Mash the left stick?

Left stick down. (Down, not in)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

UberJumper posted:

Put 2 hours into the game, i am having an absolute blast. Trunks sounds really odd though.

I am confused about a bunch of stuff since the game doesn't seem to explain very much stuff. The game gave me a big run down of the controls really early on in the tutorial and i kind of forgot it.

- What exactly do certain stats mean? Like Max Ki, Basic Attacks, Strike Supers, Ki Blast Supers?

- The tutorial mentioned stuff like stepping and dodging, and i cannot figure out how this works.

- How do i throw people? Actually how do i see the full list of controls again?

- My combo list seems to want me to use charged up Y attacks except no combo seems to come of it? Like X->Charged Y->Y, doesn't seem to do a combo.

Also beating the poo poo out of Krillin was amazing.

Go towards the time nest. there's a little robot with a green question mark over his head. He has all the tutorials.

In other news, Ginyu is a loving liar. Doing the last mission and literally all of them showed up at once.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

UberJumper posted:

Put 2 hours into the game, i am having an absolute blast. Trunks sounds really odd though.

I am confused about a bunch of stuff since the game doesn't seem to explain very much stuff. The game gave me a big run down of the controls really early on in the tutorial and i kind of forgot it.

- What exactly do certain stats mean? Like Max Ki, Basic Attacks, Strike Supers, Ki Blast Supers?

- The tutorial mentioned stuff like stepping and dodging, and i cannot figure out how this works.

- How do i throw people? Actually how do i see the full list of controls again?

- My combo list seems to want me to use charged up Y attacks except no combo seems to come of it? Like X->Charged Y->Y, doesn't seem to do a combo.

Also beating the poo poo out of Krillin was amazing.

-Most of the stats should be pretty self-explanatory, Max ki and Stamina increase their respective bars. Basic attacks increases the damage of your regular attack strings, Strike and Blast supers increase the damage of physical and energy Supers respectively.

-Most dodge type stuff is done with A(assuming Xbox controller) and the left stick; I'm really bad at getting the flash step and whatnot to happen on command though.

-Throw is block+ki button (B on Xbox)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hey dudes, does this game have local MP?

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Additionally the super move "instant transmission" can be used at any time to teleport behind somebody and beat them up, so long as you have Ki.
How do you do this? Just A (360 controller)?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

rizuhbull posted:

It's a super move. So, find it, equip it, and use the appropriate button combination.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

rizuhbull posted:

A does it within a combo, the super does it at any time.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Trying to Z-Rank PQ09 is going to be hell. Goku only revives about 1/3 of the time if you hit the bonus objective and it is entirely likely that he kills the AI Vegeta because he has unlimited evasion bursts and will use them over and over (literally, I saw him chain them 3 in a row without moving otherwise).

All this combined with the fact that there are barely enough points to earn to get Z, gonna be loving hell.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is there a trick for getting the Z soul "strongest one" for the Vegeta mentor track? I've done that pq enough times to get all the drops but that one.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

omg chael crash posted:

Hey dudes, does this game have local MP?

Local versus play yes, but that is it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I really want to play this game but I am violently opposed to paying full price for steam games, is this on sale at a weird discount anywhere yet? I checked the usual suspects (GMG and nuuvem) but it's not listed on either of them

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I notice that every character you play scales with your level. IE - A level 80 SSJ4 Goku has better stats than level 1.

Equipment is the same way. The increase in stats is a %.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 28, 2015

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Evil Canadian posted:

Local versus play yes, but that is it.

Does it have to be unlocked or anything fancy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nope

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm such a sperg. Considering restarting my character for silly things like "height". I think I'm too tall for a Saiyan. :shepface:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Firstborn posted:

I'm such a sperg. Considering restarting my character for silly things like "height". I think I'm too tall for a Saiyan. :shepface:
broly was huge

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Endorph posted:

broly was huge

words to live by

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love that sometimes Piccolo will show up to help even if I don't need it, what a great Master.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also, Nappa

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jake Blues posted:

The fights in this game look absolutely loving amazing. Load times between cutscenes and scenery are surprisingly fast for a game on the XBONE.

The system requirements are really low, especially for a game released this year. Pretty much if you can play Team Fortress 2 without problems than you'll probably be able to play this.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

I really want to play this game but I am violently opposed to paying full price for steam games, is this on sale at a weird discount anywhere yet? I checked the usual suspects (GMG and nuuvem) but it's not listed on either of them

This game owns and is worth the full price easy. Also it literally just released so don't expect any sales for a bit.

Fighting as a Frost demon, against Friaza, with two Friezas as my allies to get a Frieza super and increase my favour with Frieza so i can learn more from Frieza.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm thinking about maybe getting this in Steam, but I'm debating if it's worth it or not. I have friends to online with, but the price and lame lazy reuses of animations and attacks plus some weird choices (why does Teen Gohan start in SSJ? Why is every Freeza and Cell form their own character? Why did Super 17 get in but not Baby?) leave me wondering if I should.

I trust the goon opinion, is this game worth its price?

EDIT: Oh wow, I post this and someone posts an answer right before me. How weird is that?

taishi28012
Aug 9, 2007
So what exactly do Super Saiyan/Kaioken do? I'm having a hard time telling if there is a significant damage output difference amidst the face-stomping (or at least significant enough to warrant the ki/stamina drain).
And does increased ki damage from Super Vegeta apply to super/ultimate moves or just the wussy ki blasts?

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
My Goku is a stone cold sex machine.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I don't even see the loading screen most of the time. Also there is already high level player massacring people in VS.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

taishi28012 posted:

So what exactly do Super Saiyan/Kaioken do? I'm having a hard time telling if there is a significant damage output difference amidst the face-stomping (or at least significant enough to warrant the ki/stamina drain).
And does increased ki damage from Super Vegeta apply to super/ultimate moves or just the wussy ki blasts?

from my understanding. Use Kaioken to zwee around punching dudes, SSJ to spam supers and ults.

there are also tons of ways to regain stamina and energy, so it's pretty easy to build around.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm thinking about maybe getting this in Steam, but I'm debating if it's worth it or not. I have friends to online with, but the price and lame lazy reuses of animations and attacks plus some weird choices (why does Teen Gohan start in SSJ? Why is every Freeza and Cell form their own character? Why did Super 17 get in but not Baby?) leave me wondering if I should.

I trust the goon opinion, is this game worth its price?

EDIT: Oh wow, I post this and someone posts an answer right before me. How weird is that?

Baby is in future DLC im pretty sure. I can't explain Teen Gohan except maybe it's meant to be the one that matters? Also at that "Age" he can keep up SSJ almost indefinitely. As for Cell and Frieza, i believe they said it was engine limitations. Or maybe it's because they want every character to have useful ults.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I have Ginyu as my master. The only time he shows up to help is when I'm fighting Ginyu. Ginyu is a weird dude.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Baby Babbeh posted:

I have Ginyu as my master. The only time he shows up to help is when I'm fighting Ginyu. Ginyu is a weird dude.

Well, clearly the one you're fighting is actually some other guy with whom he switched bodies.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So when you finish the story, when you make new characters can you just play parallel quests to level up instead of the story missions again?

Crate!
Nov 4, 2005

Game of the year

Group invite please and thank you: http://steamcommunity.com/id/crate

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Going to reconfirm that the super vegeta mission blows. Have had vegeta chillin around 3 times and he's only turned on us once. And when he did he dropped literally nothing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

How do you get body change to work?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there a one-all site for all the requirements for missions?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I'm really having fun with the game, but hoo boy, am I not good at it. It also doesn't help that the drop system absolutely hates me. I just want to get Android 18's extreme 90's jacket. Is that so much to ask?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

heenato posted:

I'm really having fun with the game, but hoo boy, am I not good at it.

Same here. It doesn't help that I didn't build my dude to take advantage of his racial benefits.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Next time, on Dragon Ball Xenoverse...

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I finished my Piccolo training so now it's time for the real master, Mr. Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Maleketh posted:

Same here. It doesn't help that I didn't build my dude to take advantage of his racial benefits.
Also same.

• Locked thread