Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Coming soon from Ramirez "Sea of Ink 2: The Inkening"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

There's a face in there, Jim, and by God we're going to find it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Dammit.

I left my terrorist ID at home.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mister Beeg posted:

Dude, TIMG that! It's breaking my tables!
Have some tiny pictures instead, you whiner.

(You can see where Latuff draws his inspiration from)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

TheDarkFlame posted:

I quite like this one, actually. Poor baby fat cat, so innocent and naive. And the government rat struggling to escape. Nice touch. Two-Bulls is generally really good with imagery and has a neat style. But, and this might be down to me being on the wrong continent, I don't really get his "weed is guns" comic. If someone could explain, that'd be great, thanks.

Indians have a bad relationship with drugs, specifically alcohol. Alcoholism rates and all the troubles that go with them are magnitudes higher among Amerindian populations and on reservations--this is not helped by people who want to profit off of misery (exhibit A: Whiteclay, Nebraska.) So Two Bulls is looking at the licensing of pot growing on reservations as the US giving the tribes another gun with which to shoot themselves in the foot, repeatedly, in the same manner as alcohol.

I don't know if it's accurate, given that weed and booze effect the body in dramatically different ways, but I certainly can't blame him for being leery.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Two Bulls continues to show that he can draw some metal as gently caress poo poo. That elephant :black101:

TheDarkFlame posted:

I quite like this one, actually. Poor baby fat cat, so innocent and naive. And the government rat struggling to escape. Nice touch. Two-Bulls is generally really good with imagery and has a neat style. But, and this might be down to me being on the wrong continent, I don't really get his "weed is guns" comic. If someone could explain, that'd be great, thanks.

Yeah it's really well done, he's one of the best cartoonists the thread sees. I'm not exactly well-informed on Native American issues, but I suspect his apparent opposition to weed is rooted in the historical Native experience with other substances? I know Native communities have a pretty rough alcohol problem, so I can certainly see the reasoning behind distrust and/or fear of another thing that might fall into that same category.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Much like Liam Neeson in his Taken movie series, President Obama has a very particular set of skills for dealing with his adversaries. AGC

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
That Russian cartoonist is basically just the Soviet Latuff and I love it :allears:.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

"Yer gettin' taken out to the cleaners" is an archaic phrase that no one uses outside of nursing homes. Ramirez is old and stupid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tuvok died too? :ohdear:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Tuvok died too? :ohdear:

Mister Adequate posted:

Wait Tuvok died as well?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I just wanted to say I posted the Ramirez "Keystone jobs" cartoon on my Facebook, and someone who doesn't read political cartoons commented on it saying "I couldn't even tell that was a face." I think I ruined her day though, she's an artist and I mentioned that Ramirez had won two Pulitzer prizes, and her only response was a sad emoji.

First Leonard Nimoy dies, and now Tim Russ? Geez.

edit: god drat it I was hoping to be the first to make the Tuvok joke

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Twelve by Pies posted:

First Leonard Nimoy dies, and now Tim Russ? Geez.

edit: god drat it I was hoping to be the first to make the Tuvok joke

This counts as three independent confirmations! RIP Russ :smith:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Rusty Venture really got into growth rays and patriotic cosplay, I see.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
1919 & 1920 cartoons by Art Young, from the American communist paper Good Morning

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Exclamation Marx posted:

But, but- BENGHAZI

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

1. You're swiping my Sunday School stuff :argh:
2. :ironicat:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

I thought the problem was that SS was going to run out of money? How can it be on the brink of failure, but also taking in more money than it pays out?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I thought the problem was that SS was going to run out of money? How can it be on the brink of failure, but also taking in more money than it pays out?

Liberal bloodsucking bureaucrats!!! :argh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

It's both wasteful and poorly planned, so people on it now are getting way more than they put in, and by the time Jenkins needs it the thing will be almost bled dry.

He's not right (well, he might be if he gets his way), but it's internally consistent, I guess. Awesome citation, though. I'm sure whatever op-ed he read will be on the front page of money.cnn.com for the rest of time. Eighty hours of research a week.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ha! Funny joke! Big laugh.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Horrible story but i'm still laughing at SCUBA Klansman. Now there's a nifty visual metaphor.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

drat, they really hate Fred.
Give Fred a chance.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Redeye Flight posted:

Indians have a bad relationship with drugs, specifically alcohol. Alcoholism rates and all the troubles that go with them are magnitudes higher among Amerindian populations and on reservations--this is not helped by people who want to profit off of misery (exhibit A: Whiteclay, Nebraska.) So Two Bulls is looking at the licensing of pot growing on reservations as the US giving the tribes another gun with which to shoot themselves in the foot, repeatedly, in the same manner as alcohol.

I don't know if it's accurate, given that weed and booze effect the body in dramatically different ways, but I certainly can't blame him for being leery.

And didn't settlers sort of prey on the natives with that in mind? So maybe Two Bulls is also saying "whitey is loving us again," or something along those lines? Can't say I blame him for that sentiment.

Also, Two Bulls is rad as hell. Thanks, guy who posted him.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Redeye Flight posted:

Given the one with the lich-demon labeled Organized Crime, I suspect he is also concerned about the likelihood that organized crime will be encouraged to expand its activities on and influence over the reservations' inhabitants as a way to easily procure marijuana for resale.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Now I'm curious as to whether or not she's actually been pregnant for nine months.

EDIT: And I also think Muir has a serious pregnancy fetish, because it seems like every year there's been a character giving birth or becoming pregnant. Last year Skye gave birth to twins, and I think before that Jan had a kid. Or maybe it's the other way around. And this year it's heavily implied that Waifu and Muiry Sue are trying to have another sack of flour. It's just really loving creepy when you think about this poo poo and what it tells you about Muir :stonk:

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 28, 2015

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Rorus Raz posted:

Now I'm curious as to whether or not she's actually been pregnant for nine months.

:cry: "My mal'chik, my little boy, he is coming! Is too soon, too early! Bozhe moi, he might be dying if does not get to hospital quick! Please help!"
:smug: "Russians. So emotional."

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

New Bennett:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kegluneq posted:

New Bennett:

Noooooooooooooooooooo. Bennettttttttt

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kegluneq posted:

New Bennett:

loving poo poo. Had to check, but this isn't an edit.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

No more chain gangs!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kegluneq posted:

New Bennett:

ah ha ha ha ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:unsmigghh:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Alacron posted:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somfin posted:

Ha! Funny joke! Big laugh.

I understand why we lay into Tinsley, he's not funny and incredibly awful, but his comic serves as a counterpoint to Doonesbury right? I know enough to know that Doonesbury is well regarded and on the left spectrum of things but is it also consistently funny? As a political daily comic how does it manage to be incisive and funny at the same time whereas Tinsley continuously fails? I ask this never having really read Doonesbury.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Alacron posted:

:kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

Awesome citation, though. I'm sure whatever op-ed he read will be on the front page of money.cnn.com for the rest of time. Eighty hours of research a week.

Compare that citation to the one here

Tinesly is a loving hack.

• Locked thread