Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Has anyone had any luck farming up Instant Transmission from PQ 19? I've played it a few times through now and haven't been able to trigger the ultimate finish... not sure what I should be looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Legendary Super Saiyan PQ is tricky, I've only gotten Goku to go Super Saiyan once but Frieza is a pinata every time. The road to true power isn't easy......

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do you find out these special requirements?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Prophecy120 posted:

Has anyone had any luck farming up Instant Transmission from PQ 19? I've played it a few times through now and haven't been able to trigger the ultimate finish... not sure what I should be looking for.

Instant transmission is purchasable from the skill shop. I think after buu stuff, maybe cell. Though in my experience it's an awful skill. Tons of vulnerability frames and it has not once teleported me behind the enemy, even when im touching them it teleports me in front of them. YMMV though. I can dash to a guy and get in a combo in the time transmission takes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I bought this game and want to like it, but I'm having some weirdass issues.

During the intro sequence, and with my female majin CaC, I can't combo. Everyone seems to get knocked back out of reach of my follow up attacks so I can never land more than a hit or two at a time.

Also pre-rendered cutscene video tends to run at half speed compared to the audio, and my character runs around at about half speed on the hub compared to others.

What's the deal with this? I've changed all the settings but nothing seems to help. It seems to be performance based, but I'm running an Nvidia 8400 with 5 gigs of ram and a decent processor. Is that not enough, or is something else wrong that I should be looking into? It's really cutting into my enjoyment of the game. :shrug:

An 8400 is ancient and terrible, I'm sorry to say. That's almost certainly your issue.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Usually it's either "kill everything quickly" or "let krillin die"

Speaking of PQs, I have yet to get more than a D in online matches, even when we demolish everything quickly, anyone else experiencing this?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh! If Goku doesn't turn Super Saiyan after you've killed Krillin, just don't attack him. After a while, he'll transform.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Terper posted:

Oh! If Goku doesn't turn Super Saiyan after you've killed Krillin, just don't attack him. After a while, he'll transform.

Goku: Sorry that took so long

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Does it matter if you bring two helpers to sort of spread the damage off of Frieza if you're going for the SSJ power? I tried with the other two Friezas and the important one still gets himself killed. Babysitting AI seems to be where missions get really hard for whatever reason.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The AI in this game only exists to kick your rear end. If you try and team up with them they sulk about it and just stand around while the opponents kick the poo poo out of them and then you.

I've had ssj4 Vegeta knocked out by loving yamcha once.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well what the gently caress, us sitting around not attacking Goku triggered his SSJ online, why didn't it work offline. I even waited until there was five minutes left, what is this non-canon bullshit.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
I felt it only necessary to pose next to such a well named player...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just how do I get I'm the Strongest on Earth?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just how do I get I'm the Strongest on Earth?
It's a reward for one of the PQs, but it also becomes available in the item shop once you get far enough in the story (pretty early)

at least im psure. that's the one you need for vegeta's mentoring, right?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

cams posted:

It's a reward for one of the PQs, but it also becomes available in the item shop once you get far enough in the story (pretty early)

at least im psure. that's the one you need for vegeta's mentoring, right?

Yeah, I was wondering how I get it through that PQ.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, I was wondering how I get it through that PQ.

It's a random drop like virtually every other PQ item.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

It's a random drop like virtually every other PQ item.

So I don't have to trigger one of the alternate conditions?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

So I don't have to trigger one of the alternate conditions?

You do, and it's still a random drop.

Killing all the saibamen is the trigger.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Online lists, I've been using this one from GameFaqs

code:
01 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat Piccolo

02 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat Goku

03 Raditz HP over 50%
Defeat Gohan

04 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat Nappa

05 No Saibaman Escape
Defeat all revived Saiyans

06 Clear with Nappa Surviving
Defeat Revived Goku

07 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat time patroller

08 Beat Guldo
Get 7 Dragon Balls

09 Vegeta HP over 50%
Defeat Revived Goku

10 Clear in 10 min
Defeat Ginyu Burter and Jeice

11 Guldo HP over 50%
Defeat Ginyu

12 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat Frieza

13 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat Frieza and revived Enemies

14 Defeat Krillin before Goku
Defeat Super Saiyan Goku

15 Clear under 3 minutes
Defeat Time patroller

16 Befriend Vegeta and Vegeta Survives
defeat SSJ Vegeta

17 Hercule hp over 50% defeat
Revived Vegeta

18 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat Frieza

19 Clear with Vegeta and gohan transformed
Defeat Revived Gohan

20 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat Cell

21 Defeat Piccolo and Goku before Gohan
Win without defeating Cell

22 Defeat all Enemies
Defeat all Revived Enemies

23 Clear under 3 minutes
Defeat revived Cell

24 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat Revived Gohan and Cell

25 Vegeta and Piccolo Survive
Defeat Android 17 and 18

26 17 and 18 Survive
Defeat Trunks

27 Beat all Cell jr
Defeat Cell and revived 17 and 18

28 Beat all cell jr
Get 7 Dragon balls

29 Clear under 5 minutes
Defeat all Enemies that appear

30 Great Saiyaman Survives
Defeat revived Frieza and Cell

31 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat Majin Buu

32 Clear in 5 minutes
Defeat SSJ3 Goku

33 Clear in 5 minutes
Defeat Revived Piccolo

34 Majin buu HP 50%
Defeat Revived Hercule

35 Clear in 5 minutes
Defeat Ultimate Gohan

36 Clear in 5 minutes
Defeat Hercule and Revived Majin Buu

37 Super buu hp 50%
Defeat Super Vegito

38 Majin buu Survives
Defeat Revived Kid Buu

39 Defeat Videl and Piccolo Before Gohan
Win without Defeating Cell

40 Clear without any Allys KO
Defeat Whis

41 Defeat Gotenks before Vegito
Defeat SSJ3 Gotenks and Super Vegito

42 Clear in 3 minutes
Defeat Revived Goku

43 Clear by defeating 3 enemies
Get 7 Dragon balls

44 Clear in 5 minutes
Defeat revived Beerus

45 Clear in 5 minutes
Defeat Goku and Revived Gohan and Vegeta

46 Clear by defeating all Enemies
Get 7 Dragon balls

47 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat Vegito and Gotenks

48 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat Revived Frieza, Cell, and Kid Buu

49 Raditz and Nappa survive
Defeat Vegito

50 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat Bardock, Raditz, and Goku

51 Goku survives
Defeat Revived Broly

52 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat Time patroller

53 Defeat Broly with Gohan surviving
Get 7 Dragon Balls

54 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat All revived Enemies

55 Clear in 10 minutes
Defeat Gohan, Broly, and Bardock
I'm still not sure what the difference between s/z rank is on the unlocks though, but if you scroll left on the PQ it will tell you the possible rewards.

OP put this in the first post.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also be aware that for who knows what reason sometimes the extra objectives just don't trigger.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm still early on, is there some trick to surviving the saibamen once they start just constantly barraging you with ki blast spam? My strategy up to that point was to beat them with combos/the starting meteor rush special move, which was working OK until, well, the five I wasn't fighting decided it was great to chip on me.

Also blocking is hard. How do you block successfully :(

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, So I just beat the main story and got into the post game episode and holy poo poo, teaming up with great ape Bardock to fight Broly while saiyan saga Vegeta gawks from the sidelines is amazing.

Why couldn't' the whole story mode be more like that?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Another applicant for the Goonyu Force
http://steamcommunity.com/id/emmkay/

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Once you've done the android saga you actually buy the super saiyan skill for about 40,000$, found that out after doing PQ 14 for several hours.

taishi28012
Aug 9, 2007

RedLobster posted:

Once you've done the android saga you actually buy the super saiyan skill for about 40,000$, found that out after doing PQ 14 for several hours.

A little further down the road SS2 pops up for 100,000$. So don't bother grinding for that one either.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"Females can use Z Assists more frequently"

i have no idea what a z assist is and i beat this game

edit: lol, so when you make a new character, the items on your other character stay equipped to them (have to unequip them before putting them on another character) for some dumbshit reason.

cams fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 28, 2015

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Reiley posted:

The Legendary Super Saiyan PQ is tricky, I've only gotten Goku to go Super Saiyan once but Frieza is a pinata every time. The road to true power isn't easy......

On the other hand, I did it in an online group and we got him to go Saiyan the second run. He dropped the SSJ trans on that same run. I felt like the smuggest son of a bitch when I saw that pop up in the loot screen.

The trick is to stay on Goku once he transforms. Even if you get ripped to shreds one person can break off and res the person who got downed while the other combo locks Goku. If Goku breaks free he'll wreck Frieza, so don't let him do that. So basically, just dig in and be :black101: as gently caress about the fight.

It's basically a harder version of the Nappa versus Goku PQ event. I can't wait to see how later versions of that event are if people are having trouble with them that early. :getin:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 28, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So how difficult is the game as a single player experience over the multiplayer? I don't plan on picking this up until it goes on sale and usually the communities have all died off by then.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I've done that one several times. He's turned SSJ twice, Frieza has never died, and right now, neither he nor Krillin has spawned. We're just waiting for the timer to run out. :(

The story's pretty difficult! You'll need to do PQs to be strong enough, and though they can be done solo/with NPCs, they're funner with people.

Terper fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 28, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kin posted:

So how difficult is the game as a single player experience over the multiplayer? I don't plan on picking this up until it goes on sale and usually the communities have all died off by then.

It's basically same except you might have a harder time farming certain PQ's (which are all pretty much optional unless you really want to get a particular item right this second) because the AI partners suck in some of them.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I can't seem to ever connect to multi, any reason why in particular?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this might be my new favorite game to take screenshots in

my frieza ended up being pretty photogenic

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I think I've hit the point where I need to grind some PQs for power. I've hit Mira at the start of the Buu saga and he is just effortlessly slapping my poo poo around.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ahaha it's about to get much, much worse

e: and then really easy for a while and then MUCH worse soon after

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
I went super saiyan and weekended the poo poo out of him

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Wait...is this like an MMO or something?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TescoBag posted:

Wait...is this like an MMO or something?

In the same way Monster Hunter or PSO is an MMO.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want a Vegeta/Trunks Saiyan Armor set from the Cell era, but I don't even know if it exists in the game, and I'm sure grinding it is going to be 1000% hell.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Kild posted:

In the same way Monster Hunter or PSO is an MMO.

Easier comparison is Destiny.

Single player but pretty much everything (except story) can be done online coop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like how much fun you can have with the outfits. I have a Saiyan female, but she wears kid gohan's top and piccolo's pants because Piccolo is her master atm, but still wears her Sayian boots. It's not something you would see in the cartoon, but it still looks cool/fitting.

• Locked thread