Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Toona the Cat posted:

I just got emailed the agenda for admitted students day. I'm partly stoked and partly curious to see if there are any other 30-somethings starting this fall.

Ohh Toona, honey, no don't.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
There always are.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Look Sir Droids posted:

There always are.

Yes, and most of them are very broken people.

Admittedly, so are all law students

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.

Toona the Cat posted:

I just got emailed the agenda for admitted students day. I'm partly stoked and partly curious to see if there are any other 30-somethings starting this fall.

nm posted:

Yes, and most of them are very broken people.

Admittedly, so are all law students

I'm mid-30s, starting this Fall, and very, very broken.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

And soon you'll just be broke. Law school!

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs
I was cleaning my office and found this:

Album - http://imgur.com/a/xxYbJ

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Canada.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Eh?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
That...might be the best transcript these eyes have ever seen

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Who's down for a fantasy baseball league?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zarkov Cortez posted:

I was cleaning my office and found this:

Magnificent

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I sell the human suffering, eh.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Judge Hyde is amazing. He will straight up offer accused persons that he will meet them out back of the courthouse if they challenge him to fisticuffs.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

blarzgh posted:

Who's down for a fantasy baseball league?

Sounds intriguing. I'm in.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
What in the world did I just read

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

tau posted:

Sounds intriguing. I'm in.

Sure.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm so jealous of all the judges/clerks that get Casimir Pulaski day off, the jerks.

On the bright side, I just started reviewing title on a property and saw a 70B maritime lien, with the 'name of vessel' box showing the name of the homeowner. I can't stop snickering.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I'm so jealous of all the judges/clerks that get Casimir Pulaski day off, the jerks.

On the bright side, I just started reviewing title on a property and saw a 70B maritime lien, with the 'name of vessel' box showing the name of the homeowner. I can't stop snickering.

I have today off for Texas independence day. However, I'm at work, because I get the hours I work today "back" as vacation.

I'm taking my "vacation" on Wednesday to visit 4 different kinds of doctors, because my health insurance finally kicked in at the new job.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I'm taking this week off solely for the reason that I have leave to burn.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I'm not taking today off, but I spent the whole day working on blocking notes for a play I'm directing and not writing briefs.

Go to law school!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

ActusRhesus posted:

I spent the whole day working on blocking notes for a play I'm directing

:negative:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
why so negative?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol @ ur life and career if u have outside interests other than bourbon and self-harm

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Drank bourbon last night for the first time in years. Also recovering from a sinus infection (med lurkers: when does it go from allergies to cold?).

The burn on my throat was so good, but now I'm croaking like a :frogc00l: all day.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

ActusRhesus posted:

why so negative?

inward reflection

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol @ ur life and career if u have outside interests other than bourbon and self-harm

Why can't it be both?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

What about scotch?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Drinking and self-harm sounds like theater people to me so :shrug:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Probad posted:

Nah that's recklessly harming your loved ones and everyone else around you.

Lawyers don't have people around them to harm.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Probad posted:

Never known a theater person who could hold their alcohol, but they do love their drugs.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
Tomorrow is national pancake day err'a'buddy!

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

SlothBear posted:

Lawyers don't have people around them to harm.

Except clients. But you can't harm them because ethics. :|

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
Any other prospective law students here? Look like the LSAT scores will be released on the deadline this time. I am hoping for a really good score, otherwise I am headed for the dual JD/Masters of Philosophy program at a good regional school.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

furiouskoala posted:

Any other prospective law students here? Look like the LSAT scores will be released on the deadline this time. I am hoping for a really good score, otherwise I am headed for the dual JD/Masters of Philosophy program at a good regional school.

Too obvious.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

furiouskoala posted:

0/10

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

8/10 if that was a troll post. Would have given you a 10, but philosophy was a too obvious troll.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
Frankly, I'm surprised new people find this thread to troll it.

nm posted:

What about scotch?

Scotch is a tasty and viable alternative, but Bourbon is where it's at.

Green Crayons fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 3, 2015

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Both bourbon and scotch are acceptable as long as you do them neat. :colbert:

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Toona the Cat posted:

Both bourbon and scotch are acceptable as long as you do them neat. :colbert:

What about when things get messy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

18 year old scotch is fantastic. Not 18 year old scotch is filth. On the other hand, all types of bourbon have their charms.