Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

johnfw50 posted:

Fine. Gruden.

Turned the Buccs into a dumpster fire after winning a superbowl with someone else's squad. 4-12 his penultimate year and ended the year with a four game losing streak his last year.

You want an American role model, s/he has to overstay his welcome. That and being way too drat loud are our calling cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Eifert Posting posted:

Those people all got fired for being old and/or terrible first.

Jimmy Johnson resigned and left the Dolphins after winning a playoff game. Twice, actually (first time Marino convinced him to stay).

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I still think he should leave Wrexham while on top to keep the Triple H shovelman burial champion comparison alive.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Jimmy Johnson isn't American. He descended on high from the celestial realm.

(The hair and the dreamy smile are the tells.)

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
God drat, habeas. I feel like I shouldn't have been as tense as I was reading that MBM, but I was. And I legitimately danced when Stringel scored the finishing goal set to the music you linked. It was amazing.

This is my favorite LP.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
Yeah, the music was eerily perfectly cued up there, congrats!

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I'm sad that we can't take Bailey with us.
:smith:

I adore this team, the fallout when Brown goes...

I will laugh if Tosh gets his position.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So now the question becomes "where do we go?", since I'm pretty sure most teams would jump at taking Brown. I heard Germany's pretty nice...

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Not Tackleford!

However, I hear Americans love going to the middle east for oil no loving reason.

Let's go to Iraq, it's our favorite vacation spot.

Brown will build the Usood Al-Rafidain a defensive line so solid they'll be able to hold off ISIL all by themselves.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 27, 2015

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Would it be any fun to take a smaller team in Ligue 1 or La Liga and try to top PSG or Real?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I want to see him break either PSG/El Classico/Old Firm with a small club. Failing that I really want to see him revive AFC Wimbeldon. He should also edit whatever team he plays as to become a fan trust.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Go to Man U and completely ruin them from the inside.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
What you should really do is tell me what that freaking mystery boon was.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

the JJ posted:

"Scott Brown retires at the end of the year"

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

the JJ posted:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
If he leaves Wrexham he should retire and just win the world cup to bring the story to a fitting end. Then he goes into the soul crushing Football Super League business :cheeky:

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

CVE posted:

If he leaves Wrexham he should retire and just win the world cup to bring the story to a fitting end. Then he goes into the soul crushing Football Super League business :cheeky:

I second the Football Super League idea. Though if he has to pick another team I'd recommend a team in the Welsh Premier League to truly become the God-King by winning a Champions League with two Welsh sides.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Take a 1-2 year vacation and see what state football is in after Scott Brown changed everything they knew and then vanished without a trace.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Jenner posted:

I'm sad that we can't take Bailey with us.
:smith:

I adore this team, the fallout when Brown goes...

I will laugh cry if Tosh gets his position.

Fixed for you

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, I think this is a good place to leave it. Everything has been achieved.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Not everything. There's still a world cup to win.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Quinntan posted:

Not everything. There's still a world cup to win.

And the Europa League :colbert:

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Which of the top European leagues has been the most dominated by a single team? I guess France with PSG? If so then I suggest taking over one of the newly promoted sides in Ligue 1 and setting yourself three years to unseat them as champions of France.

Alternative suggestion - take over a South American team and try to win the Copa Libertadores and then the World Club Championship.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is it possible to set up games between clubs and national teams? What I'm saying is, I wanna see Wrexham win the World Cup.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

We still haven't achieved being undefeated too. Let's go one further and expand it to winning every game in all competitions.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Does Scott Brown have close enough ties to anyone that they'll follow him wherever he goes? Might be cool to see him rock up in bumfuck nowhere with a couple of loyal followers and build another club up from scratch together.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
/\/\/\
Iraq is a wasteland of sand and despair nice this time of year.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
:siren:Emergency Board Vote:siren:

There are two questions in the wake of my resignation from Wrexham after proving myself a greater club manager than anyone before likely anyone after me.

Question One: New Management

I believe the best person to replace me is my long time assistant, Paul Williams.

He's been with the club for over a decade now, knows the organization backwards and forwards, and I think he's the clear choice to step into my boots. But as the board, it is your choice.

A) (Morosely) We agree to your handpicked successor, but are you sure you won't reconsider your resignation? Please? (Paul Williams will be installed as manager on a 3 year, £50,000/wk contract, an amount that is just above the Premier League average)
B) (Frustratedly) I'm sorry, you don't get to leave and still tell us what we should do. We won't be appointing Paul Williams to take your place. (The ingame board will hire a successor of it's own choosing)

Question Two:Simulated Leagues

Which leagues would you like to remain fully updated on each year? We are currently able to look at every player, coach, fixture, and event in the following:

English Championship
English League One
Spanish La Liga
Italian Serie A
German Bundesliga
French Ligue 1
Portugese Liga Zon Sagres
Dutch Eredivise
Russian Premier League
Belgian Jupiler Pro
Scottish Premier League
Turkish Super Lig
South Korean K-League
Australian A-League
Brazilian Brasileirao
Argentine Primera Division
American Major League Soccer
Mexican Liga MX

(Pick up to five leagues to keep at full detail level. This is so it's not taking my computer thirty minutes to sim through a month where I have nothing to do as USMNT coach.

The Premier League will remain, of course, and I'll keep the top four vote-getters as well. For those leagues that are removed we'll be able to see their winners and some information about their top players, but the league tables won't be available)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I won't be taking another club job. It's time to focus on winning the world cup.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

B). I want to see just how much the AI can run Wrexham into the ground, and picking a terrible coach is a good start.

As for the leagues, can I not just give five votes to the Bundesliga and be done with it? Bah.

Spanish La Liga
Italian Serie A
German Bundesliga
French Ligue 1
American Major League Soccer

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
German Bundesliga, English Championship, French Ligue 1, Spanish Primera Liga, Italian Serie A. Aside from the Prem, those are the big ones.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Quick question habeas: is Paul Williams still going to be your assistant coach for the US world cup stuff, or are you going to have to scout for other staff?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

English Championship, English League One, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
A.

English Championship because I want to see Tackleford some more.

MLS, on the slim hope the Rapids do something.

Bundesliga, because Germans.

Italian Serie A, because Thaigo

and Japan's J-League, because of hilarious nationalism.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
B, if Pawwwwwwwwwwlllllll was anything other than an Arn Anderson he would have been scooped up for a head job long ago.

As for the rest, I know nothing about them so do whatevs.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

B mostly because watching ai teams hire managers is hilarious.

German Bundesliga, Spanish Primera Liga, Italian Serie A, and MLS

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Traditional powerhouse leagues Serie A, La Liga and the Bundesliga

MLS, Your national league for obvious reasons.

Championship
, so in theory it'll keep the promoted teams fresh.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

1: B
2: English Championship, American MLS, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga

Hope you don't get bored with the downtime.

EDIT: Changed to B because I want Brown and Paul to stay together.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 1, 2015

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Quick question habeas: is Paul Williams still going to be your assistant coach for the US world cup stuff, or are you going to have to scout for other staff?

If he gets the Wrexham job I'll be getting a different rear end Man for the USMNT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

B, because the AI knows best :colbert:
English Championship, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, and MLS

• Locked thread