Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Special Beam Cannon with the Piccolo Mentor soul is pretty goddamn powerful. The AI really likes to block when you use an ultimate, and it'll always bypass their block so they take it full on.

I did the Gohan "Beat 100% Freiza!" mission to test it - took him to half-HP when he tried to block it and the soul went off with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Faster refill/drain and larger stat boosts

What are the ratios? 50% stat boost, 50% faster drain on x3? 100% on x20?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hey, 17 & 18. I know it's not too much to ask for but I was assuming that we would be a team when you said that we'd beat up the Z Fighters and Vegeta. Can you please stop standing on houses and help me out?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If anyone is having issues with block breaks- there's a loving amazing ability from PQ05 called Arm Crash. It breaks their block for several seconds and lets you get some really valuable hits in, and it seems relatively hard for them to counter. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Also, I beat the final Vegeta training on my first try.. I just needed a bunch of capsules. Feels cheap, but they're there for a reason I guess. I was really hoping for Big Bang Attack, I love using that as SSJ4 Vegeta, but Final Flash will do nicely. :getin:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the nail/piccolo/kami combine z soul is cheating

health regen with max ki
less damage with max stamina
all stats are higher

you can buy most of the z souls from the shop and mix them at the shop right across from it

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

health regen with max ki
all stats are higher

you can buy most of the z souls from the shop and mix them at the shop right across from it

I just crafted the health regen at max ki and less damage at max stamina too. there's more to come? drat...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

health regen with max ki
all stats are higher

What's it called?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

got the stamina thing wrong but what ever this is still stupid op

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Jesus Christ how many buus am i supposed to kill?

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Looking for more gokus to play with on PS4 psn is Hansell

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any point to going SSJ2 over 1? Being able to infinitely spam supers as long as I can retreat to charge back up is pretty redic, I'm not sure if some more damage is worth it draining even faster.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so apparently the game thinks naming your character "DIO" is inappropriate for online play so I had to compromise

also this guy really wants to do it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Holy poo poo.. not only is that insanely easy to get, it's absolutely absurdly strong. I wonder if that was meant to be Namekian only?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I have yet to see the supposed ps4 multiplayer lobby, I think you are all photoshopping

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

New Leaf posted:

Holy poo poo.. not only is that insanely easy to get, it's absolutely absurdly strong. I wonder if that was meant to be Namekian only?

It should be, you loving sayian filth.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Captain Oblivious posted:

Seriously though how does one do a Ki Cancel

And are Friezamen just incapable of doing the rapid fire weak ki blasts or what. Mine only ever fires off one for some reason.

Punch, Punch, Punch, Ki Blast. You will stop short and have better recovery than your punch. Some characters even do a little backdash.

Freeza dudes have a stunning ki blast instead of rapid fire ki blast.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 28, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Someone did some match and determined Kaioken effects:
Kaioken = +5~6% basic attacks, + 9~11% increase in specials
Kaioken x3 = +9~10% basic attacks, +13~16% increase in specials
Kaioken x20 = Kaioken x3 with evasion spam

They also increase speed, which is a little harder to discern.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Firstborn posted:

Someone did some match and determined Kaioken effects:
Kaioken = +5~6% basic attacks, + 9~11% increase in specials
Kaioken x3 = +9~10% basic attacks, +13~16% increase in specials
Kaioken x20 = Kaioken x3 with evasion spam

They also increase speed, which is a little harder to discern.

Is x20 eventually buyable?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'd hazard a "no".

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 28, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I could really do without this game not immediately trying to connect to the XENOVERSE server. It's an alright single player and offline game when the servers are completely off.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

where do I get these Z-souls and how do I fuse them

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They are the same as equipment. They drop from missions and are buyable at the shop. You can combine them at the mixing place next to the other stores.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Crabtree posted:

I could really do without this game not immediately trying to connect to the XENOVERSE server. It's an alright single player and offline game when the servers are completely off.

My biggest gripe so far is that everytime you do anything it ports you back to the same corner of the stupid hub, and you can't chain PQs, offline or otherwise. Has lobby technology not reached them? You end up playing 5 minutes and you need to run to the booth again. I guess forming a team removes that problem though?

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The item shop in the shopping district sells quite a few. And then you can mix together a bunch more in the mix shop across the road.

In unrelated news, I'm the best dressed guy in town.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Whitey Ford is loving this poo poo.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

To clear up some earlier posts I saw:

Ki canceling is when you just cancel whatever basic attack animation you are doing into a vanilla ki blast.

Z-Assists are when your mentor shows up to help you with your ultimate attack(Mentors only help with the ultimate they gave you, so vegeta-final flash, piccolo-special beam cannon, etc).

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Pq12 seems to be really good for farming dragonballs. Turn on your scouter when it starts and you have a decently high chance of a Patroller being in the distance just in front of you, don't even need to change the camera angle. If you fight them they seem to have a really high chance of dropping a Key Item, which is your Dragon Ball. After that just finish the level like normal. If the Patroller isn't there or doesn't give you a Key Item, just restart the mission.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just started the Future Androids Saga in story mode and haha I'm getting completely jobbed, which I guess is canon-accurate. Back to the PQ experience mines for me!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Finally got Super Vegeta to drop.

If it helps, it seems you have to finish it before the clock hits 8 minutes in order for Vegeta to transform. I got him to transform 3 times in a row with this. The clock starts at 15, so you don't have a lot of time to make it work.

Tips:
I used Perfect Cell (Full Power). He does obscene damage, Perfect Kame is invincible and unblockable, and his Hyper Drain combos very naturally off his strings. You could also use your CAC with the "dirty fireworks" Z-Soul you get from sparring with Vegeta after he is your Master. It gives you attack boosts for every enemy you kill, and you have to start with killing like 6-7 Freeza Soldiers. By the 5th, I was killing them in one attack string with literally 0 put into Basic Attack.

A lot of this is going to depend on how quickly Krillin gets killed, so you may want to go it alone.

I didn't need to finish with an Ultimate. You also don't need to wait around for Freeza to finish his speech, he can't die before he transforms both times. His HP will reach a sliver and not be depleted anymore. Don't wait around, you can smash his face in now.

I must've done this PQ close to 30 times, and he transformed probably 8, 4 of which have been today with more than 8 minutes on the clock. I didn't check the clock yesterday when I got him to transform.

I really want Chain Destructo Disc, and I imagine it involves recruiting Krillin and then killing Freeza... but I never want to play this PQ again.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

-Fish- posted:

Pq12 seems to be really good for farming dragonballs. Turn on your scouter when it starts and you have a decently high chance of a Patroller being in the distance just in front of you, don't even need to change the camera angle. If you fight them they seem to have a really high chance of dropping a Key Item, which is your Dragon Ball. After that just finish the level like normal. If the Patroller isn't there or doesn't give you a Key Item, just restart the mission.

I think I missed something on how Dragon Balls work in this game. I did two dragon ball missions, one that explicitly had me get all 7, but nothing happens at the site. I have 10 dragon balls for fucks sake.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

cucka posted:

I think I missed something on how Dragon Balls work in this game. I did two dragon ball missions, one that explicitly had me get all 7, but nothing happens at the site. I have 10 dragon balls for fucks sake.

Some missions have Time Patrollers randomly show up. If you talk to them you can fight them, and they have a chance of dropping a Dragon Ball.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

cucka posted:

Those were the namek balls not the same thing.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

-Fish- posted:

Some missions have Time Patrollers randomly show up. If you talk to them you can fight them, and they have a chance of dropping a Dragon Ball.

What I'm saying is that I collected 3 balls the first time, namek mission, then got 7 in a replay,. Am I just failing to get the concept? Can you only get dragon balls as random drops or something?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The 6-7 Super Buus you fight no bueno.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

cucka posted:

What I'm saying is that I collected 3 balls the first time, namek mission, then got 7 in a replay,. Am I just failing to get the concept? Can you only get dragon balls as random drops or something?

Yes, they only show up as random drops from Time Patrollers.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Finally got Super Vegeta to drop.

I've been following this discussion a little bit, and I don't understand what this is. Did you unlock a character (Super Vegeta) to select in PQs? Did you unlock Super Vegeta's abilities to use on your CAC? Not sure what's so good about it all.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

-Fish- posted:

Yes, they only show up as random drops from Time Patrollers.

Ahh, i thought i read about someone spamming the namek ball hunt for some reason. I wanna reroll my character, but I don't wanna lose my progress. can i use the dragon balls to pick a diff race?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

texasmed posted:

I've been following this discussion a little bit, and I don't understand what this is. Did you unlock a character (Super Vegeta) to select in PQs? Did you unlock Super Vegeta's abilities to use on your CAC? Not sure what's so good about it all.

Super Vegeta is a transformation. It's the same thing as Super Saiyan, just with an emphasis on Ki Supers instead of Strike Supers.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

Super Vegeta is a transformation. It's the same thing as Super Saiyan, just with an emphasis on Ki Supers instead of Strike Supers.

Nice! I prefer comboing into Ki supers myself, so I'll have to try to get that pretty soon.

edit: For anyone wondering, Double Weekend (Raditz's Ki super) shoots off really fast and combos well. I got it from an early PQ, 4 or 5. That with a Vegeta master giving you Galick gun lets you shoot lots of sick lasers everywhere.

edit 2 \/\/\/ : whoops, had the name wrong, it's Double Sunday (I'm terrible at remembering these names)

texasmed fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I wish they had something similar for other races, since saiyans are the most boring CaCs.

texasmed posted:

Nice! I prefer comboing into Ki supers myself, so I'll have to try to get that pretty soon.

edit: For anyone wondering, Double Weekend (Raditz's Ki super) shoots off really fast and combos well. I got it from an early PQ, 4 or 5. That with a Vegeta master giving you Galick gun lets you shoot lots of sick lasers everywhere.

Weekend shows up pretty early in the shop too.

• Locked thread