Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gaz-L posted:

She did Smallville.

Somebody save her career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

I like Laurel, okay?! She's plucky and endearing :mad:

Haha, don't worry, I like her too, I just couldn't help myself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Calista Flockhart's still working?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

jscolon2.0 posted:

To honor my friend's memory, I can't be the killer I once was. I must be someone else. I must be something else. I am the Demon's Head, leader of the League of Assassins.

A+

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Honestly though, at this point Oliver has every reason to accept Ra's offer and little reason to decline. He can do a lot of good with the League (...of Assassins). He has little to keep him in Starling. Hell, a some distance from the small army of women who are really angry at him for being hella stupid lately will probably do all of them good.

So, naturally, I expect Ollie to be an idiot and refuse the position.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BrianWilly posted:

Honestly though, at this point Oliver has every reason to accept Ra's offer and little reason to decline. He can do a lot of good with the League (...of Assassins). He has little to keep him in Starling. Hell, a some distance from the small army of women who are really angry at him for being hella stupid lately will probably do all of them good.

So, naturally, I expect Ollie to be an idiot and refuse the position.

I can think of one good reason to reject the offer: Ollie is the kind of person who would try to make the League into a kinder, gentler organization of non-killers, and the old guard wouldn't stand for that. Unless he can successfully execute a quick and bloody purge, he'd be dead within a week.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Pththya-lyi posted:

I can think of one good reason to reject the offer: Ollie is the kind of person who would try to make the League into a kinder, gentler organization of non-killers, and the old guard wouldn't stand for that. Unless he can successfully execute a quick and bloody purge, he'd be dead within a week.

It's going to be great when Ollie absolutely refuses to kill Malcolm after he and Dig wasted half a dozen League members on their way in.

Speaking of which, has there ever been any indication of the size of the League? How big of an organization does Ra's have that he can just let a bunch of his dudes die in order to offer Ollie a job?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It's an ingenious way to cut back on redundancy payouts during this phase of restructuring.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

JohnSherman posted:

It's going to be great when Ollie absolutely refuses to kill Malcolm after he and Dig wasted half a dozen League members on their way in.

Speaking of which, has there ever been any indication of the size of the League? How big of an organization does Ra's have that he can just let a bunch of his dudes die in order to offer Ollie a job?

Ollie is doing Ra's a favor because the League will be more effective when there are fewer ninjas. its the Law of Inverse Ninja Strength: a small group of ninja always over powers a larger group of ninjas

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

JohnSherman posted:

I'm pretty sure Ra's is one of those villains who treats their underlings as expendable. If they get killed off by some dude with a bow and arrow, then they're not proper league material. A true assassin could catch an arrow in mid-flight, and stab a guy with their own arrow. He's surrounded by a bunch of loving amateurs that he can use as arrow fodder.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I like to imagine that each of those ninja mooks has some kind of tragic backstory that led them to join the League, like Malcolm, Sara, and Masseo. We'll never know the true depth of your story, Guy Who Got Shot with his Own Flaming Arrow.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Ra's killed a bunch of assassins in a single training session earlier in the season. With no Lazarus pit yet it currently looks like he just doesn't loving care.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Pththya-lyi posted:

Yes, they should definitely go all Angel season 5 on the show. Keep Malcolm as a regular, give Roy a beard and have Thea eventually be possesed by an evil god Trigon.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

ShakeZula posted:

I like to imagine that each of those ninja mooks has some kind of tragic backstory that led them to join the League, like Malcolm, Sara, and Masseo. We'll never know the true depth of your story, Guy Who Got Shot with his Own Flaming Arrow.

Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead Assassins.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead Assassins.

There's one guy who joined for the Dental.

he's the best one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if the show's version of the Pit isn't a Fountain of Youth thing, but some sort of mystical repository of all the Ra's that have bathed in it. The new Ra's gets dunked in and gains the knowledge and memories of all his predecessors.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

JohnSherman posted:

Ollie kills tons of lower-class mooks while sparing the leaders. He gasses the common people in order to protect police and banks. He was terrible as a CEO of a Fortune 500 company... so he fails upward into CEO of the League of Assassins.

For a Green Arrow story, this show is sending all the wrong messages :smith:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ollie kills tons of lower-class mooks while sparing the leaders. He gasses the common people in order to protect police and banks. He was terrible as a CEO of a Fortune 500 company... so he fails upward into CEO of the League of Assassins.

For a Green Arrow story, this show is sending all the wrong messages :smith:

Lets be honest, the police of Starling really actually need a helping hand. I mean earthquake machines, Gangsters who just shrug off bullets, and loving mirakuru armies are not something they can deal with. Also he tried to help out the Card gang so they could stop robbing banks.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
On the other hand, he fired the gas arrows, people dispersed, nobody got hurt.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nephthys posted:

Ra's killed a bunch of assassins in a single training session earlier in the season. With no Lazarus pit yet it currently looks like he just doesn't loving care.

Ra's just admitted to being over 150 years old. His Lazarus Pit may not be the same as the comics version (though there's also no proof that it's not the same), but he clearly uses one.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

JohnSherman posted:

Well to be fair he is there to save Malcom.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I wonder if the show's version of the Pit isn't a Fountain of Youth thing, but some sort of mystical repository of all the Ra's that have bathed in it. The new Ra's gets dunked in and gains the knowledge and memories of all his predecessors.

"I want you to become my successor."
"Okay."
"EXCELLENT! NOW YOU MUST BE SUBMERGED IN THE SLOUGHED SKIN CELLS, RUN-OFF DIRT, AND REMNANT BODY FLUIDS OF A THOUSAND THOUSAND RA'SES!!"
"What was the other option, again?"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Well to be fair he is there to save Malcom.

"I don't want Thea to live with the guilt of killing the sperm donor who killed the father who actually raised her, and then mind-raped her. But living with the deaths of dozens of guys, who likely have children of their own, is totally cool"

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

King of Solomon posted:

Ra's just admitted to being over 150 years old.
League of Assassins has a very good dental plan.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

ShakeZula posted:

I like to imagine that each of those ninja mooks has some kind of tragic backstory that led them to join the League, like Malcolm, Sara, and Masseo. We'll never know the true depth of your story, DJ Skrillex.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"I don't want Thea to live with the guilt of killing the sperm donor who killed the father who actually raised her, and then mind-raped her. But living with the deaths of dozens of guys, who likely have children of their own, is totally cool"

Oliver's already a killer and messed up because of it. It's not unreasonable for him not to want his little sister to have to handle the same issues.

I mean a lot of his reasoning was torturous and questionable but that part seemed fair enough.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Thea can't be the killer Oliver once was. She must become something else. She must become...someone else.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Whizbang posted:

Thea can't be the killer Oliver once was. She must become something else. She must become...someone else.

But to return to the Arrowverse, Caity Lotz can't be the character she once was. She must become something else. She must become... someone else.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Didn't the producers confirm that Lazarus pits exist, but that they wouldn't be used for Ollie? Or did I just make that up?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That was Amell saying that in reference to how they were bringing him back.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Barry Allen's time fuckery has some amazing repercussions.

Actually that's... very plausible. All hail the mother F*&^(*$% speed force!

Also potentially multi-show breaking, but hey I'm willing to give it a try.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The "alternate timeline" cosmological theory has to be correct for the Arrowverse because of the separate shows, but it would be hilarious if, whenever Flash does its thing, we get an episode of Arrow where a bunch of have things have suddenly changed with no explanation

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The "alternate timeline" cosmological theory has to be correct for the Arrowverse because of the separate shows, but it would be hilarious if, whenever Flash does its thing, we get an episode of Arrow where a bunch of have things have suddenly changed with no explanation
"My name is Robert Queen..."

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Lord Hydronium posted:

"My name is Robert Queen..."

My name is Tommy Merlyn...

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I suppose they could do a "previously on The Flash" at the beginning of the Arrow episode. All kidding aside, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened temporarily. I could see Arrow having a field day with it for one episode. Could Barry's mom have repercussions that could stretch all the way to Arrow? Was she a scientist/politician or anything?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

She did spend like the better part of a year living and bonding with him.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

With last episode's reveal, my money is on Rhas knowing in advance everything about Oliver's survival at the duel. Doesn't explain how Oliver survived the sword thrust, but it becomes a bit easier to take if Rhas whole plan was to severely wound Oliver to test him.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Maybe that ointment Oliver had to use on his wounds was given to katana by Ras and it's just the pond scum from the laz pool.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ashez2ashes posted:

I suppose they could do a "previously on The Flash" at the beginning of the Arrow episode. All kidding aside, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened temporarily. I could see Arrow having a field day with it for one episode. Could Barry's mom have repercussions that could stretch all the way to Arrow? Was she a scientist/politician or anything?

"Hey Queen, why don't you take off that stupid mask!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

greatn posted:

She did spend like the better part of a year living and bonding with him.

And not everyone is as "beep boop" as to simply see Malcolm as a "sperm donor." Thea clearly has some mixed and confused feelings about Malcolm as her father. She's deeply troubled that her parents lied to her and that Malcolm saved her life. And in Malcolm's twisted, evil way he really does seem to want to protect her and keep her by his side (by making her a killer and putting her in the cross hairs of the League). You'd have to be ignoring the show to see that Thea is seriously conflicted on this whole thing.

I mean, why is this a matter of debate? Thea started regretting turning Malcolm over the very same episode. Oliver was right.

• Locked thread