Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
drat, m5 only has two russians now. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Betsy's sub performance has vastly exceeded anything Niq has done in his entire time there.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
I just noticed that the Twitch livestream has its audio balance hosed up (as in it's much louder on the right speaker) while the youtube stream has its sound centered properly. Anybody else getting that?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
http://www.azubu.tv/LoLEsports

Never has performance issues.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK

Freaksaus posted:

Nothing special tonight:

CST - C9
T8 - TiP
TL - Gravity
TSM - Dig
CLG - Wfx

I think the storyline of Team Curse-rejects trying to go 2-0 over Team Curse is compelling enough to want to see that game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Libertine posted:

Betsy's sub performance has vastly exceeded anything Niq has done in his entire time there.
I'd probably agree because I am struggling to remember niQs great moments.

Plus now I can keep saying heavens2betsy whenever he makes a play, bonus!

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
I know CST is going to get wrecked but part of me can't help but root for EvilDyrus.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Flipswitch posted:

I'd probably agree because I am struggling to remember niQs great moments.

Niq's very first game for Gambit was a 0/0/0 affair while the rest of the team imploded. That's all I can remember about him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Lol@niq getting wally pipped

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay if you are going to target ban C9 beyond Rumble why would you ban Veigar over Zed?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Niq had some games where he carried but they were few and far between and most of his games were just passive stall offs. He was probably an above average replacement when they got him but he's just sort of hung around and everyone is always getting better. Betsy seems hungry for blood and Gambit has looked like a team full of blood lust again with him in mid and that's a good thing for spectators.

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

Balls got blown.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Great initiate for c9... by sheep

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Betsy may be better but man that sucks for Niq.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

mash sucks he never uses his ult in any of these teamfights. CST has no idea what they want to do in any of them.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lmao they couldn't even get lemon nation there. I can't believe I'm watching anyone play syndra in LCS right now

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Mash just pulled a doublelift there.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Meteos looks really good in this game. He instantly turns on to Syndra whenever the opportunity opens up and she isn't even a factor.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ahaha Coast just watching their nexus die with 4 people up because fighting was such a fool's errand by that point

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Did anyone get a screenshot of coast's coach

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You don't know how communication works on a team where 4 members speak the same language, Sneaky?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

rabidsquid posted:

You don't know how communication works on a team where 4 members speak the same language, Sneaky?

It's kind of a big deal when that's a five man team.

And that member is expected to take control of the game as it goes on.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hypocrisy posted:

It's kind of a big deal when that's a five man team.

And that member is expected to take control of the game as it goes on.

I bet it's going to work the same way it works when the fifth guy is speaking Korean instead of English.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, when I heard that WFX communicates in Korean in-game, I assumed that meant that both Pobelter and Altec are Korean-American and speak at least some of the language. Looks like that applies to Pobelter but not Altec.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pobelter is fluent in Korean, I imagine that Altec has learned some if he's not a lazy idiot. He's an ADC so he doesn't even need to know a ton of comms.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Pobelter is fluent in Korean afaik. I don't think Altec knows much of it if any.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Altec just needs to understand "JINX JINX JINX JINX MORGANA MORGANA MORGANA REKSAI REKSAI REKSAI REKSAI.......NAAAIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

exethan posted:

drat, m5 only has two russians now. :smith:

:ssh: niQ is Polish and Edward is Armenian :ssh:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Jonny Angel posted:

Yeah, when I heard that WFX communicates in Korean in-game, I assumed that meant that both Pobelter and Altec are Korean-American and speak at least some of the language. Looks like that applies to Pobelter but not Altec.

Altec's Chinese-American IIRC, but apparently he's learning Korean at a decent pace.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
If he speaks Chinese he'll have a small advantage in picking up Korean.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Disinterested posted:

If he speaks Chinese he'll have a small advantage in picking up Korean.

I thought it was Japanese that is similar

stump collector
May 28, 2007
rush???????????????

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
That was an... interesting strategy, Rush

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
From even in gold to 4k down in a few minutes. GJ Rush :thumbsup:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol the bleeding can't stop / won't stop

fnox
May 19, 2013

what are they loving doing at this point.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Kobe stop pretending that this game isn't over

Edit: Lol, I take it back. Where's that Scarra picture?

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 28, 2015

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
Rush valiantly gives his life multiple times to show that Korean solo queue can be just as garbage as NA.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Jerkface posted:

I thought it was Japanese that is similar

It is, but bilingualism is an enormous advantage in learning any new language, and certain forms of very formal Korean writing use Chinese characters (most obviously, names).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
This game was swung almost entirely by a 10% crit. Cool mechanic.

• Locked thread