Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fnox
May 19, 2013

this is a really dumb game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

fnox posted:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

fnox posted:

:suicide:

halwain
May 31, 2011
this sure is a game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ahahahahaha

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
That was a baron throw to potentially top Elements from last week.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

What the gently caress was that

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
What the hell was that?!

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Well, I was about to comment on T8's failure to split push.......and then that happened.

NALCS EVERYBODY!

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Hahahahahahahaha loving no shoes four-foot-nothing maplestreet freaking out on stage

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

What the gently caress is Cali building? He's up against a team that has three people that do significant amounts of magic damage (Ez ult, corki rockets and Mao) and he's got no hp and no mr.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

NovemberMike posted:

What the gently caress is Cali building? He's up against a team that has three people that do significant amounts of magic damage (Ez ult, corki rockets and Mao) and he's got no hp and no mr.
Twitch chat told him to do it

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

halwain posted:

this sure is a

fnox posted:

really dumb game.

Seriously what the gently caress happened. :psyduck:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Maplestreet, American Badass

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
NA and EU LCS suck for such different reasons. Oh well, at least it's fun to watch.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Was this a case of both teams winning up until they lost ?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lol

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Maple is the best, and I love him deeply. :love:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Holy gently caress :boom:

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
He's Canadian, right?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Yeah, he's from Alberta, same with Oddone

Schiavona posted:

Hahahahahahahaha loving no shoes four-foot-nothing maplestreet freaking out on stage

He did do really well in that baron fight, so I can understand it - him dueling Apollo was big. (even if TIP did help out with the bad baron call)

e: LS bringing the Victor pic to Gravity!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 28, 2015

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Victor game!

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
HORSE AND VIKTOR :getin:

fnox
May 19, 2013

wow, that's one of the craziest pick phases I've seen in a while.

halwain
May 31, 2011
I love playing viktor, hopefully he does good here.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I think Viktor plus a triforce adc (basically, corki) is a pretty strong combo judging from the LCK games yesterday, the midgame powerspike is huge.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
IWD setting Quas ahead seems to be winning Liquid the game here. Gravity cant do anything about the powerful Kennen it seems.

Saint also had a really bad early game and was shut out. As Jatt (or was it Kobe?) mentioned, they should have expected the early gank onto Hecarim and counterganked instead of trying for ganks for lanes with less than sure CC.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 1, 2015

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

It pleases me to see two champions I hate (Viktor and Hecarim) losing.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Phrasing posted:

It pleases me to see two champions I hate (Viktor and Hecarim) losing.

It hurts me that Evil Curse is losing to Curse

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

#keepkeith

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Well that was a dumb draft.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Braum: sup

Is jungle Nidalee a thing or was that saintvicious just being dumb.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Phrasing posted:

Braum: sup

Is jungle Nidalee a thing or was that saintvicious just being dumb.

Jungle Nidalee is a powerhouse right now. Saint just played horribly and so did GV's solo laners.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Interesting. I'm in Gold/Silver so stuff like that takes ages to filter down.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

picking hecarim into lissandra/unknown is so bad and liquid did a good job punishing it

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Libertine posted:

Well that was a dumb draft.

A single predictable gank destroyed their toplane. Viktor had to flash on cooldown. Braum basically shut down their entire comp because they couldn't land any poke on Liquid.

Gravity kind of just rolled over and died before five minutes.

e: Really the fuckup was FP'ing the Hecarim, it's too easy to counterpick. Oh and don't pick it into freaking Lissandra.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
They might have fared better with a more CC-oriented jungler, Sejuani even! But really, as Mistaya mentioned the Hecarim reveal gave away far too much. FP Corki would have been way better, and then letting the Nid go in the 2nd rotation. Still, they either had to go Hec or Victor last pick, so I think that it would have been tough.

Honestly what I find stranger is the Rumble ban. Does Rumble do well vs Hecarim? Why wouldn't they ban Liss, who is a much more difficult flex pick?

e: Random marriage proposal, okay then!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 1, 2015

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

even ignoring the easy counterpick, running a carry toplaner and a carry jungler seems excessive, especially when you end up picking one of the highest damage midlaners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah, great place to propose you idiot!

• Locked thread