Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggStankDogg
Nov 20, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

What are you arguing? Are you saying these CM Punk concepts are genius? That they're selling a lot because the concepts are super clever? Because they're selling simple due to the fact the shirt says CM Punk on it.

I'm not arguing anything. People on the last page were asking questions/discussing PWT. As a designer for them, I thought I could offer insight to the discussion on the... discussion board. Someone then argued that wrestlers make money by wrestling not by coming up with shirt designs, and I offered that they make money for both. Then it was said I can't take criticism for my crappy designs, and I stated that them selling well helps with taking the criticism.

Not sure what the confusing part of that is. It was a pretty easy dialog to follow.

I never said they were clever or genius, if I did I'd like to see where I even hinted at that. I know they sell better than if they were Ahmed Johnson shirts, all I'm saying is that CM Punk liked them, and he makes money because a lot of other people like them. And as a wrestling fan, I like being a small part of it. I'm not looking at this through the lens of a jaded super-cynical rear end in a top hat that hates when kids are on my lawn, I'm looking at it as a fan that is loving what he's doing for a wrestler he loved watching.

What are YOU arguing?

BiggStankDogg fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

BiggStankDogg posted:

I'm not arguing anything. People on the last page were asking questions/discussing PWT. As a designer for them, I thought I could offer insight to the discussion on the... discussion board. Someone then argued that wrestlers make money by wrestling not by coming up with shirt designs, and I offered that they make money for both. Then it was said I can't take criticism for my crappy designs, and I stated that them selling well helps with taking the criticism.

Not sure what the confusing part of that is. It was a pretty easy dialog to follow.

I never said they were clever or genius, if I did I'd like to see where I even hinted at that. I know they sell better than if they were Ahmed Johnson shirts, all I'm saying is that CM Punk liked them, and he makes money because a lot of other people like them. And as a wrestling fan, I like being a small part of it. I'm not looking at this through the lens of a jaded super-cynical rear end in a top hat that hates when kids are on my lawn, I'm looking at it as a fan that is loving what he's doing for a wrestler he loved watching.

What are YOU arguing?
your shirts suck and PWT is a lovely website, sorry you had to find out this way man

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BiggStankDogg posted:

It comes with the job and believe me, I take a LOT of criticism - especially for the terrible designs CM Punk told me to make, but them being their biggest sellers of all time in week or two soothes the ego a bit. I'm sorry you can't stand when people make money from stuff you don't like. Or that people can do more than one thing and get paid, apparently.
You're every bit as pleasant as the gentlemen who run PWT.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I like PWT

fight me i don't care

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BiggStankDogg posted:

What are YOU arguing?

I wasn't arguing anything. Just asking for clarification. The "wrestlers can be good at more than one thing" part of your post confused me as I didn't think you or anyone else was arguing that the concepts were that great.

BiggStankDogg
Nov 20, 2006

WadeBartender posted:

your shirts suck and PWT is a lovely website, sorry you had to find out this way man

Flameingblack posted:

You're every bit as pleasant as the gentlemen who run PWT.

But you guys, the concepts are clever and super genius!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I am legit going to buy these two Muta shirts

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/rising-sun-1.html
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/muta.html

Best poo poo on this site.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I am legit going to buy these two Muta shirts

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/rising-sun-1.html
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/muta.html

Best poo poo on this site.

The Cactus Jack KOTDM shirt is decent too. I also liked the Kevin Nash Nighthawks shirt of all his gimmicks, and the step by step instruction of how to DDT somebody in Jake's section.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

I wasn't arguing anything. Just asking for clarification. The "wrestlers can be good at more than one thing" part of your post confused me as I didn't think you or anyone else was arguing that the concepts were that great.

I pointed out that wrestlers usually get paid for wrestling because they're good at it, not professional designing. the fact that they sell, as has been pointed out, has nothing to do with the terrible designs Punk or whoever came up with for these shirts. It could be a giant picture of a cock and probably still sell as long as it said "CM Punk" on it. They're bad designs on a bad website ran by assholes.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I pointed out that wrestlers usually get paid for wrestling because they're good at it, not professional designing. the fact that they sell, as has been pointed out, has nothing to do with the terrible designs Punk or whoever came up with for these shirts. It could be a giant picture of a cock and probably still sell as long as it said "CM Punk" on it. They're bad designs on a bad website ran by assholes.

As we have seen with the Val Venis cocked and loaded shirt.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
After this last week, you'd probably all buy a CM Punk's rear end shirt. Get on it, BiggStankDogg!!!

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

BiggStankDogg posted:

It comes with the job and believe me, I take a LOT of criticism - especially for the terrible designs CM Punk told me to make, but them being their biggest sellers of all time in week or two soothes the ego a bit. I'm sorry you can't stand when people make money from stuff you don't like. Or that people can do more than one thing and get paid, apparently.

Holy cow, man. I'm a designer, I've been given some silly designs to do for various projects or had okay ideas then spoiled but timing issues, but I'm not getting salty with anyone about it. Sometimes you can make the client listen, sometimes you can, sometimes you take the money and do the best you can because we all gotta eat. No one is personally attacking you.

BiggStankDogg
Nov 20, 2006

SirDippingSauce posted:

Holy cow, man. I'm a designer, I've been given some silly designs to do for various projects or had okay ideas then spoiled but timing issues, but I'm not getting salty with anyone about it. Sometimes you can make the client listen, sometimes you can, sometimes you take the money and do the best you can because we all gotta eat. No one is personally attacking you.

I didn't say anyone was. The "make money" and "people doing more than one thing to get paid" was about the wrestlers, not me. Its being inferred that since designing isn't their day job and some grognards don't like the shirts, that wrestlers shouldn't do it or make money from it. They make the lions share of the profit and I'm fine helping with that. I have no illusions about that, or my place in that chain.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BiggStankDogg posted:

I didn't say anyone was. The "make money" and "people doing more than one thing to get paid" was about the wrestlers, not me. Its being inferred that since designing isn't their day job and some grognards don't like the shirts, that wrestlers shouldn't do it or make money from it. They make the lions share of the profit and I'm fine helping with that. I have no illusions about that, or my place in that chain.

It's more that if their best ideas for shirts are #FLOCKU or something kind of racist they probably shouldn't design their own shirts and should leave that up to the professionals.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It's more that if their best ideas for shirts are #FLOCKU or something kind of racist they probably shouldn't design their own shirts and should leave that up to the professionals.

Yes, this. If they can get paid making terrible designs good for them, but they should still probably fuckin' stop.

BiggStankDogg
Nov 20, 2006
Yeah! Or else - 'cuz I hate things or something!

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

BiggStankDogg posted:

Yeah! Or else - 'cuz I hate things or something!

Dude, just 'cause you have a shovel doesn't mean you need to keep digging.

Anyhow, on the subject of bad t-shirts, I still can't decide wether the Rock's "Poontang Pie" or test's "I love my Testicles" shirt ere more worthy of the "who the hell thought someone would wear this in public ever?" question.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SirDippingSauce posted:

Dude, just 'cause you have a shovel doesn't mean you need to keep digging.

Anyhow, on the subject of bad t-shirts, I still can't decide wether the Rock's "Poontang Pie" or test's "I love my Testicles" shirt ere more worthy of the "who the hell thought someone would wear this in public ever?" question.

They both land on the same level, slightly below the Venis "Ready to Unload" cum shirt.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I know colt pushes PWT on his podcast, but does he have a l got ownership stake in the company?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Michael Elgin used to sell this really lovely shirt that said, "Your Workout is my Warm Up" but I can't find an image of it.

I'm starting to realize what made Stone Cold such a bad rear end is his character wasn't saddled with layers of sexual innuendo.

BiggStankDogg
Nov 20, 2006

Nystral posted:

I know colt pushes PWT on his podcast, but does he have a l got ownership stake in the company?

To be honest with you, I'm not sure. I think he does, as he's looked at some stuff and had say so on things, but I've only dealt personally with the guy everyone hates on Twitter. Birds of a feather and all that I guess.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Nystral posted:

I don't know that, but I do know he's on all their advertisements all throughout Chicago.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Michael Elgin used to sell this really lovely shirt that said, "Your Workout is my Warm Up" but I can't find an image of it.

I'm starting to realize what made Stone Cold such a bad rear end is his character wasn't saddled with layers of sexual innuendo.

The rock cut multiple promos, and even wrote and performed a song about how much he liked cunnilingus and he was almost as over.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Retromancer posted:

The rock cut multiple promos, and even wrote and performed a song about how much he liked cunnilingus and he was almost as over.

Right. It feels like because that innuendo and explicit material got the Rock over they decided that's what they needed to do to get everyone over. But really the only reason why it wasn't embarrassing when the Rock did it is because he's the loving Rock.

Imagine Stone Cold talking about titties all the time.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Strawberry Panda posted:

Imagine Stone Cold talking about titties all the time.

I fail to see the problem. Stone Cold could read a phonebook and I'd pop for GIMME A HELL YEAH at the end.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I fail to see the problem. Stone Cold could read a phonebook and I'd pop for GIMME A HELL YEAH at the end.

"If you want me to go home and motorboat Deborah for 45 solid minutes GIMMIE A HELL YEAH!"

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
The majority of PWT designs might be shitarse but I can at least get them in a soft cotton fitted womens size, which is my dream and means I don't have to cut up and re-sew a tee for once *contented sigh*

I would unironically wear this out though

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
After three years of gym use my CM Punk best in the world shirt has been condemned and thrown out. A sad day, literally the only thing I ever bought from Shopzone. My yellow GTS one has mysteriously gone missing too.

PWT here I come, I guess.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Right. It feels like because that innuendo and explicit material got the Rock over they decided that's what they needed to do to get everyone over. But really the only reason why it wasn't embarrassing when the Rock did it is because he's the loving Rock.

It was pretty embarrassing when the Rock did it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gaz-L posted:

It was pretty embarrassing when the Rock did it.

In the context of the Attitude Era, it worked because there was sexual innuendo all over the place. When he came back and started doing it, it was completely out of place.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

All of the Rock's innuendo was worth it for making a little Charles Gnarwin tell his parents that he's going to ask the server for some poontang pie at a Marie Callender's without having any idea what it meant.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gene Okerlund has a PWT store now.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Hoping for "gently caress it!" and "Put that cigarette out!".

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

We're live!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

njsykora posted:

Gene Okerlund has a PWT store now.

This is a Good Shirt.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I had no issue with PWT up until I realized they wanted 5 dollars extra just to put the bullet club logo on the side of the sleeve

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Thats a drat fine Batista shirt.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

I actually think this is a Good Shirt, and it's on sale for $9 but not in my size :saddowns:

http://merchnow.com/products/164148/optimum-punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Jericho launched a PWT store today

• Locked thread