Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well how about that Dungeon Train episode that shows an old Finn and old Jake still together? Both of them looked drat old in that. Unless you're going to say that glass orb was unreliable for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

IUG posted:

Well how about that Dungeon Train episode that shows an old Finn and old Jake still together? Both of them looked drat old in that. Unless you're going to say that glass orb was unreliable for some reason.

It was unreliable. It didn't even show the real future. Rated it 1/5 Gold Stars

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Alternate explanation: this episode emphasized that TV was extremely susceptible to suggestion and has an overactive imagination just like his dad. So to show that Jake is also susceptible to suggestion, Jake jokes that he's an old man, and then suddenly feels old because the thought crossed his mind.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Steve Yun posted:

Alternate explanation: this episode emphasized that TV was extremely susceptible to suggestion and has an overactive imagination just like his dad. So to show that Jake is also susceptible to suggestion, Jake jokes that he's an old man, and then suddenly feels old because the thought crossed his mind.

This is also extremely likely.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
lol if you think there will ever be any permanent changes to the main cast, at the most there will be an episode where jake's age start to be an actual problem but at the end they find a way to revert it back to the way it was.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

MariusLecter posted:

Jake is old.

Also doesn't add a lot to the plot when you have a damned near immortal shape shifting hero, the show has been good about giving him a personality that doesn't have him always saving the day with his powers.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jake is going to feel awfully old when he finds out he's a Grandfather.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
We got clarification that Jake's kids stopped aging quickly at the relative age of 30, and his grandkids stopped at 15. Maybe he stops at 60?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gildiss posted:

Do kids even enjoy watching adventure time anymore? Only man children with liberal arts degrees? I do not think they would aim a large film release for a kids cartoon that would be a complete flop with kids. Fart jokes here we come! And I thank Glob (RIP) for that.

Don't let the internet fool you more kids watch Adventure Time then man children, hell even the demographics on MLP are believe it or not are mostly young girls.

Consider your mind blown.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Mimir posted:

We got clarification that Jake's kids stopped aging quickly at the relative age of 30, and his grandkids stopped at 15. Maybe he stops at 60?

Where did we get any info on his grandkids besides that photo?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Gildiss posted:

Do kids even enjoy watching adventure time anymore? Only man children with liberal arts degrees? I do not think they would aim a large film release for a kids cartoon that would be a complete flop with kids. Fart jokes here we come! And I thank Glob (RIP) for that.

Kids are actually smarter than adults

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

program666 posted:

lol if you think there will ever be any permanent changes to the main cast, at the most there will be an episode where jake's age start to be an actual problem but at the end they find a way to revert it back to the way it was.

Nah, this is foreshadowing for when Jake dies in the climactic final scene of the movie.

Or it could just be a little joke, either way.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Kids are actually smarter than adults

I think I saw a tv show about this once

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

XboxPants posted:

https://twitter.com/wolfhard/status/571310793687498753

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Internet Webguy posted:

Nah, this is foreshadowing for when Jake dies in the climactic final scene of the movie.

Or it could just be a little joke, either way.

yeah, also this, jake sweating is most likely just a fat joke

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

XboxPants posted:

Wiki says her name is Bronwyn.

Genetically she's
1/2 Bear
1/4 Rainicorn
1/8 Dog
1/8 Shape-shifter.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Bass Bottles posted:

I think I saw a tv show about this once

It's evidenced by how kids just watch the show adventure time and don't post big paragraphs analyzing it online. Instead they do something else.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

like enjoying the show

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

program666 posted:

like enjoying the show

Heck, I enjoy it to. I don't even care if it's childish to do that: I like to watch it

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

For a fair chunk of that episode I thought the diary writer would turn out to be Doctor Princess. She's a little bit more of a recurring character. But then maybe that's the point, to put a lens over the past of an insignificant background character, to make some grand point about your teenage years not ultimately mattering that much or every little thing having a history or whatever.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tenebrais posted:

For a fair chunk of that episode I thought the diary writer would turn out to be Doctor Princess.

"I am not actually a doctor. Doctor is just my first name."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Steve Yun posted:

How To Eat Forty Humans, it's a Simpsons shoutout

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Well yeah, but it sounds closer to "How to cook for forty humans" than "to serve man"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

No new episode tonight?
Wikipedia seems to imply that "Walnuts & Rain" is listed as TBD.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah on tumblr they've said its not on tonight for some reason.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
It was preempted by some stupid ninja thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No new eps for the whole month now, it seems.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit the ads they were running today still said there was a new AT. I wonder what happened.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
TV just said new AT next. What is going on?!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

foxatee posted:

TV just said new AT next. What is going on?!

It's been sharing the 7:30 EST timeslot with Regular Show for the past few weeks, although it was 7:00 last week for some reason.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yep I guess the new episode is on right now :stare:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

We had a new episode, and it was good fun.

"I don't give a toot."

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
So at the last second, CN's schedulers decided to pull a new episode of Adventure Time and forgot to tell anyone, including the show's creators and the people in charge of broadcasting (who put it on at the wrong time).

...Who the gently caress is running CN's scheduling department? It doesn't feel like anyone at that network is talking to each other when it comes to these things.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

So at the last second, CN's schedulers decided to pull a new episode of Adventure Time and forgot to tell anyone, including the show's creators and the people in charge of broadcasting (who put it on at the wrong time).

...Who the gently caress is running CN's scheduling department? It doesn't feel like anyone at that network is talking to each other when it comes to these things.

Oh what the gently caress. I guess it's not even gonna get a rerun with the current scheduling, then, either? Thank god for the internet. (by which I mean only legitimate channels such as itunes)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Well that sucks. I checked my TV guide and it said Ninjago so I didn't even do what I did last week and copy the rerun just incase. That is the only reason I saw last week's episode, because I felt something was wrong about it being a repeat when I didn't recognize the description.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The episode was a good one.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

No Adventure Time in Washington State, I'm assuming all West coast.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

7thBatallion posted:

No Adventure Time in Washington State, I'm assuming all West coast.

Well they played it at a different time (at least on the east coast). They had Ninjago on in the normal slot and then instead of two Regular Shows it was an Adventure Time and a Regular show

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

axleblaze posted:

Well they played it at a different time (at least on the east coast). They had Ninjago on in the normal slot and then instead of two Regular Shows it was an Adventure Time and a Regular show

Oooohkay then. Need to change recording settings for the third time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

axleblaze posted:

OH what? Then my DVR probably got it since it recorded two Regular shows!

• Locked thread