Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Baton Zelda, Fi, and Ruto all down. Should be smooth sailing from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko posted:

Found a imgur album with all costumes for all characters including the new dlc enjoy.
http://imgur.com/a/UhDYZ

Like half the masks make no sense while the other half make perfect sense.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm just sad that Ganondorf didn't get the Mask of Scents.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Like half the masks make no sense while the other half make perfect sense.

I really need the circus troupe leader mask for zant

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm just sad that Ganondorf didn't get the Mask of Scents.

The Ottawan mask or whatever the gently caress its called does look really good on him though.

mabels big day posted:

I really need the circus troupe leader mask for zant

It doesn't cry :qq:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

The Ottawan mask or whatever the gently caress its called does look really good on him though.

It doesn't cry :qq:

did it cry in mm?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Found a imgur album with all costumes for all characters including the new dlc enjoy.
http://imgur.com/a/UhDYZ

I take it some of those costumes are only pre-order bonuses from certain stores? Or re they all unlockable through the Master Quest/Twilight/Majora's Mask maps?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kin posted:

I take it some of those costumes are only pre-order bonuses from certain stores? Or re they all unlockable through the Master Quest/Twilight/Majora's Mask maps?

All the costumes that are reskins of designs of older games (except Illia and Shadow Link) of Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda are all purchasable online as separate packs right now. The rest are rewards for the adventure maps.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The Ganon mode is miserable. The tiny ant enemies hit you for massive damage and you can't see them at all.

Somehow the camera is a lot worse too which surely is a monumental achievement considering how rear end it was to begin with.

At least the loading times shortened.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Just to make sure, the Boss Pack where you are playing as giant pig form Ganon is only out in Japan right?

Also, Hyrule Warriors is such a great game. I'm afraid the DLC will terminate indefinitely after the Ganon Fury pack :(

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Spectacle Rock posted:

Just to make sure, the Boss Pack where you are playing as giant pig form Ganon is only out in Japan right?

Also, Hyrule Warriors is such a great game. I'm afraid the DLC will terminate indefinitely after the Ganon Fury pack :(

Japan and Europe.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spectacle Rock posted:

Don't worry, they'll release more when Hyrule Warriors 2 comes out. :v:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

This statement is patently ridiculous!

Everybody knows the title for the sequel is already confirmed as Musou Grooso.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Whelp! Ended up getting the second tier Great Fairy and Summoning Gate weapons before the first tier ones.

Also made some leeway on the Master Quest map, including getting Wizzro's Tier 2 weapon. That'll help his offense.

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.
I just got my second five-star, eight-slot weapon. And it's for Young Link, who I just downloaded today and very quickly ended up my favourite warrior by a mile. So I couldn't be happier. I just wish I knew what to do with those eight slots.

Is it worth working on creating a "farming" weapon? That is, one with all of the Bonus skills (uh, other than Hearts+), with the three remaining slots taken up with damage boosters. Do skills like Rupees+ give enough of a bonus to justify losing a weapon skill slot? Are the bonuses big enough to justify losing *five* weapon skill slots?

Or, am I best served putting all eight skills on my frequently-played warrior's weapons towards boosting damage?

This would be a lot easier if the game mechanics weren't so obtuse. If the Loot+ skills aren't worth it, I'm not even certain what Young Link's eight weapon skills would be. Because everything just "increases damage". To say nothing of Darkness+'s worth, which, uh, :iiam:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Which means we get to craft the badges alllllll over again.

I'll be really sad if the sequel doesn't have Wizzro and Cia as playable characters too, though the latter obviously can't be in the plot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Which means we get to craft the badges alllllll over again.

I'll be really sad if the sequel doesn't have Wizzro and Cia as playable characters too, though the latter obviously can't be in the plot.

Pffft like they can't just make another Zelda universe where Cia is good or just a shop keeper dragged into the battles or something. But yeah I too would be sad if Cia was not there for a dumb reason like being dead.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Dynasty Warriors games are known for nothing if not their strict adherence to historical accuracy and canon over pomp and doing things that are cool just because, so alas, I think Cia would have to be eliminated for canon reasons

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It's nice to have a farming weapon but I wouldn't suggest using your 5 star 8 slot weapon for it. Here's what I have on my Young Link weapon:

No Healing - All-purpose damage boost
Focus Spirit+ - Increases damage during Focus Spirit, and since Young Link should be putting all his special meter toward his FS meter anyway, he should be in Fierce Deity mode more often than not.
Regular Attack+ - With Young Link, I'm often using C6 (the glowing triforce combo) until I have Focus Spirit, and then I'm using C5 almost all the time. Finishing Blow+ is also an option here but often you can just bully officers/PCs to death with repeated C5s to juggle instead of waiting for weak point smashes.
Strength 5 - Boost that C5.
Strength 6 - Might as well boost this for those times when you're stuck in Young Link mode.
Darkness+ - Lets you trigger the darkness effect on multiple enemies at once, good for when you're fighting multiple captains/PCs, like in Rack Up KO maps or whatever.
Special+ - Gives you another bar of special for every 300 KOs

I can't remember the eighth slot. You could do a VS skill like VS Dragon, or you could do Strength 2, since Young Link can sometimes juggle things with repeated C2 combos and opting to not do an air hit.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bicyclops posted:

Everybody knows the title for the sequel is already confirmed as Musou Grooso.

This is a golden opportunity.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Do you guys really think they'll make a Hyrule Warriors 2? While I'd have to buy it anyway, it just feels like they've already done almost all they can. We got Tingle for crying out loud. There was very little we didn't get in some form. We somewhat got playable skull kid.

I know, we didn't get Groose. Other than him, we'd need a really good story mode to make a new purchase worth while.

I could see a Hyrule Warriors 2 on the next Nintendo console, but a sequel on the Wii U? They already have such a large install base they should just go the way of "Mario Luigi U" and make another "game" that is glorified DLC but has actual new levels, areas, and characters. That would probably be the smartest thing to do.

That, or just charge $25 for DLC that drastically modifies the game by adding in different levels, characters, enemies, etc...

I really don't think Hyrule Warriors 2 would be cost effective as a stand-alone title. People will want to use the DLC they've already got. They should go all "Team Fortress 2" and just keep upgrading the existing game indefinitely as long as people give it money.

Short version of what I just said is I'm not comfortable buying a brand new Hyrule Warriors game. I would happily keep paying for DLC however. Playable Anju? Why not!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Spectacle Rock posted:

Do you guys really think they'll make a Hyrule Warriors 2? While I'd have to buy it anyway, it just feels like they've already done almost all they can. We got Tingle for crying out loud. There was very little we didn't get in some form. We somewhat got playable skull kid.

Hyrule Warriors 2: A Link to the We Actually Included Characters From the 2D Games This Time

Character List:

Link (Game Boy Color Palette Edition)
Link (Game Boy Pocket Monochrome Edition) (has unlockable costume for the yellow and green of the original game boy screen)
The entire playable cast of Hyrule Warriors 1

end of list

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

13/f/cali posted:

Hyrule Warriors 2: A Link to the We Actually Included Characters From the 2D Games This Time

Character List:

Link (Game Boy Color Palette Edition)
Link (Game Boy Pocket Monochrome Edition) (has unlockable costume for the yellow and green of the original game boy screen)
The entire playable cast of Hyrule Warriors 1

end of list

I really want a Roc's Feather weapon.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

13/f/cali posted:

Hey, at least they didn't forget Bow Wow.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to be in the mood for more Hyrule Warriors once I finish the Adventure Map that comes with the game, but just in case, is there an optimal order to take on the DLC maps? I think I read in the thread that it was Majora -> Master Quest -> Twilight, but I'm not sure. Majora and Master might be swapped, I just remember Twilight being the hard one.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spectacle Rock posted:

Celda style cartoon visuals, to make it a more distinct looking game and also because I think it would look bitchin'.

All the 2D Zelda characters we didn't get, including Ravio, Linebeck, Vaati, Byrne, Din, Nayru, Ralph, Veran, Onox, Sahasrahla, Agahnim, Yuga.

All the 3D Zelda characters we didn't get, including Tetra, Groose, Skull Kid, Nabooru, Twinrova, Darmani III, Mikau, Zubora and Gabora, Orca, Medli, ‎Makar, Fairy Queen, Ashei, Rusl, King Bulblin, Batreaux.

These are all in addition to redesigned Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, who all look like they walked right out of Wind Waker.

New stages based on unused locations from the series, so we'd get Koholint Island, or Subrosia, or The Great Sea, or Termina, or the Great Palace, or the Dark World.

There's still material in the series they can use, I mean, they can't empty the well when they're only drawing from three games out of the whole series.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Complexcalibur posted:

I'm still not sure if I'm going to be in the mood for more Hyrule Warriors once I finish the Adventure Map that comes with the game

I was super excited about the DLC but I haven't touched the game in over a week, and I never finished the Termina or Twilight maps. I feel like the reason for that is the huge mistake on making rankings important for unlocking things and progressing. I just don't have the drive to be the world's most perfect player to get the cool stuff in the game. Locking so much behind A-ranks just really hurts the game for me, I want to be cool Link swinging around an 8-bit raft but nope, I didn't beat the level without taking any damage so I get nothing, and just endlessly grinding for Rupees to level is tedious and boring, not to mention that levels don't even help all that much anyway.

I mean I like the game but it's become a chore to play instead of being fun to play solely because of the ranking system. The Conquest mode that Dynasty Warriors 7 had was like the Adventure maps but better because they didn't require you to play perfectly to unlock neat stuff and advance the map.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was super excited about the DLC but I haven't touched the game in over a week, and I never finished the Termina or Twilight maps. I feel like the reason for that is the huge mistake on making rankings important for unlocking things and progressing. I just don't have the drive to be the world's most perfect player to get the cool stuff in the game. Locking so much behind A-ranks just really hurts the game for me, I want to be cool Link swinging around an 8-bit raft but nope, I didn't beat the level without taking any damage so I get nothing, and just endlessly grinding for Rupees to level is tedious and boring, not to mention that levels don't even help all that much anyway.

I mean I like the game but it's become a chore to play instead of being fun to play solely because of the ranking system. The Conquest mode that Dynasty Warriors 7 had was like the Adventure maps but better because they didn't require you to play perfectly to unlock neat stuff and advance the map.

If only it was perfect play but A ranking essentially is spamming light arrows and only using your safest and most effective crowd clearers instead of having fun with your arsenal. And smashing a giant boss weak point for 15 times.

That being said give Termina map another go and ignore the dumb ranks, the battles are quite fun when you get into a mindset that you are here to wreck poo poo and a few hearts will have to be broken in order to make an enemy omelette or something.

Termina has very few maps with actual rewards and you can just no-fun arrow spam A rank those.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Or Nintendo could have them make a Mario World Warriors instead.

It's lot like there isn't a hell of a lot of scope there to give each character unique moves and "weapons".

I've also just started the Twilight map (after completing the Master Quest) is there anything i should know about this map that might give me huge headaches? the first few levels seem pretty linear, but i have noticed the enemies are able to absorb a bit more damage. What's the average recommended level to have an easier time of things on this?

I'm also assuming that due to the double drop rate, i'll soon be swimming in enough mats to finish off the badge progress on all of my characters? I've been holding off on wasting any boss drops on defence/support (except the base capture one) because i think it's more valuable to max out the attack one, but it would be good to complete those for all of the characters eventually.

Also, i've not seen it mentioned, but in addition to the boss rush mode there are new a few new potions that help with large bosses. One to deal more damage in general, one to make the gauge fall quicker and another that i've forgotten. The gauge one is great because without specials, i've been able to wipe out the gauge in one knockdown.

Not sure how good the damage one is, unless it lets you start dealing regular levels of damage to giant bosses outside of the gauge meaning you can just beat the crap out of them like you would anything else.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Hyrule Warriors 2 is just Wand of Gamelon remade.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yep, I put down the $20 for DLC but might be regretting it as I'm already getting a little frustrated with the first adventure map. Just don't think I care for trying to A-rank everything. If they make a sequel it would be nice if it was cosmetic stuff behind the A-rank.

The game is fantastic though and already got my monies worth. I also have never enjoyed a Dynasty Warriors game, it's amazing what a little polish and actually being interested in the characters will do.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
So the Ganon dlc has a new unlockable character.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/28/hyrule-warriors-dlc-ganon-wii-u/

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Complexcalibur posted:

Hey, at least they didn't forget Bow Wow.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to be in the mood for more Hyrule Warriors once I finish the Adventure Map that comes with the game, but just in case, is there an optimal order to take on the DLC maps? I think I read in the thread that it was Majora -> Master Quest -> Twilight, but I'm not sure. Majora and Master might be swapped, I just remember Twilight being the hard one.

Master Quest is about as difficult as the regular Adventure Map, Termina expects levels around 60-80, Twilight is around 80-100.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bean posted:

Boss pack: redeemed

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

If only it was perfect play but A ranking essentially is spamming light arrows and only using your safest and most effective crowd clearers instead of having fun with your arsenal.

That would work a lot better if you couldn't just get smacked out of nowhere by a Moblin spear or a Darknut blade, and it seemed to happen constantly when I used the item potion to try and get Lana's 8-bit spear. I'd look around the surrounding area, make sure there were no other enemy officers, start spamming the light arrows on the lone Moblin in the room, and then suddenly out of nowhere some other Moblin rear end in a top hat comes up behind me without knowing and then I get hit by a spear in the back that I didn't see coming.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Bean posted:

From what I've seen, it doesn't seem to have too many particularly unique combos. Just animations that were already present for cuccos, being pecking and crowing, and that's about it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finally unsealed The Master Sword (aka Link's most exciting weapon), and managed to break the lock on it in a single playthrough of free mode. Now free of mu responsibilities to iconic blades, I'm dicking around the Master Quest map with Twili Midna and she's some kind of crowd busting beast. I love her.

E: While looking up game info for Twili Midna...

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 2, 2015

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
So right now I'm sort of haphazardly wandering around the Termina Adventure mode map. I haven't collected any of the items that are unique to this map (such as the deku mask, goron mask, etc...)

What should I really try to do? Is it in my best interest to activate as many Owl Statues as possible? I don't see an obvious "go this way" path I should take.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I try to pretend that people don't do anything weird with Midna because she's a lot more interesting as a sassy imp.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Here's your info for Twili Midna: hit buttons, win whole game.

Seriously, she's a monster even by DLC character standards. Ganondorf on steroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Here's your info for Twili Midna: hit buttons, win whole game.

Seriously, she's a monster even by DLC character standards. Ganondorf on steroids.

I was trying to find out why her level 3 weapon wasn't dropping (and if she had an 8-bit one).

But yes, she's amazing. And fun. I really like her move sets, and I wish there was some in game content for her.

• Locked thread