Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The only reason I suggested it is because I played against a guy running IG88B and D last night, and I suggested Predator for his EPTs (he had Marksmanship before). He spent so much time doing the S-loops to keep my A-wings in arc that he was stressed half the game. He always had a TL and predator, though by dint of the cannon gunner, and predator was less than useful.

Using Adv Sensors and lots of loops is unpredictable as hell. Especially with the D, the one that lets you do the funky hard 3 k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Strobe posted:

The only reason I suggested it is because I played against a guy running IG88B and D last night, and I suggested Predator for his EPTs (he had Marksmanship before). He spent so much time doing the S-loops to keep my A-wings in arc that he was stressed half the game. He always had a TL and predator, though by dint of the cannon gunner, and predator was less than useful.

Using Adv Sensors and lots of loops is unpredictable as hell. Especially with the D, the one that lets you do the funky hard 3 k.

Oh, I dig it. It's a very good call! :)

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
IG88-C (49)
Aggressor (36), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Sensors (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Inertial Dampeners (1)

IG88-D (49)
Aggressor (36), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Sensors (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Inertial Dampeners (1)

Here's what I settled on after a few games. It's been working pretty well so far.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I hadn't realized that the Star Viper and the Aggressor were the same size. The peg goes in them from different directions, though, so one's base is 4x larger.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I hadn't realized that the Star Viper and the Aggressor were the same size. The peg goes in them from different directions, though, so one's base is 4x larger.

Yeah, base size is crazy in this wave.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

StuG Jeebus posted:

IG88-C (49)

IG88-D (49)

Here's what I settled on after a few games. It's been working pretty well so far.

I can't say I like the C as much as the B. You get one evade when you use a boost on the C, but on the D you effectively double your firepower because you can fire the HLC twice at long range, or switch targets if you really want for some reason.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Strobe posted:

I can't say I like the C as much as the B. You get one evade when you use a boost on the C, but on the D you effectively double your firepower because you can fire the HLC twice at long range, or switch targets if you really want for some reason.

My first build was B & D, but it seemed like I wasn't taking a second shot nearly as often as I was boosting. I have found it helpful enough that I think about dropping the D for the B, but I'm definitely keeping C.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm probably a bit biased. If you're flying against things like Decimators then yeah you're never using that second shot. If you're flying against high agility arc dodgers or phantoms then that second shot is invaluable. B and D would probably be my preferred set up, and I'd also use a Mangler instead for the all range murder.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Flew against a Ten Numb with mangler cannon last night. Apparently evade tokens count as dice results now? So that pretty much guarantees him at least 1 uncancelable crit every round of firing. :psyduck:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Irom posted:

Flew against a Ten Numb with mangler cannon last night. Apparently evade tokens count as dice results now? So that pretty much guarantees him at least 1 uncancelable crit every round of firing. :psyduck:

I think it was FAQed that they do.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yep, evade tokens, C3PO, none of them stops Autoblaster or Ten Numb anymore.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I don't get why people don't use Lando as crew anymore.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

bunnyofdoom posted:

My green dice have plenty of opportunities to gently caress me already. Why spend an action giving them another?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

bunnyofdoom posted:

Gunner is just plain better since people have started using phantoms again. It's even worse now with auto thruster so interceptors and star vipers are in.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I guess. However, I do still like using Lando, because he all comes through on my outrider. Anyways,

Terrible LIST!

Tycho, with a-wing test pilot, stay on target, PTL, proton Rockets
Tala pilot with Ion Pulse
Dash Rendar, with outrider, HLC, Lando

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Suggestion: swap PTL on Tycho for EI, and use the second EPT slot for Expert Handling. Then you can boost/barrel roll in addition to your swapping directions if you want.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

Suggestion: swap PTL on Tycho for EI, and use the second EPT slot for Expert Handling. Then you can boost/barrel roll in addition to your swapping directions if you want.

EI vs. Autothrusters at that point.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Why EI? Tycho has no cards that are applicable to it instead of push the limit.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

^^^If you have Expert Handling, you can use the action to Barrel Roll with EI

Also being forced to use one of your actions as a Barrel Roll or you only have action. To be honest, if you really want to barrel roll, you might as well use Jake (with or without VI).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tekopo posted:

^^^If you have Expert Handling, you can use the action to Barrel Roll with EI

Also being forced to use one of your actions as a Barrel Roll or you only have action. To be honest, if you really want to barrel roll, you might as well use Jake (with or without VI).

Yeah, old list had Jake there with just stay on target, and the z was cracken.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

picked up
1 Most Wanted
2 StarVipers
2 IG-88s
2 Scyk interceptors

This should be able to field some decent lists. Now to make sure it all fits in my storage box

this game :negative:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I've been thinking long and hard about the Starviper and I never see myself in a position where I would want to run 2 of them in a 100 point squad. I'm really struggling to even place one in a squad :(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

I've been thinking long and hard about the Starviper and I never see myself in a position where I would want to run 2 of them in a 100 point squad. I'm really struggling to even place one in a squad :(

I justified getting 2 by keeping 1 permanently on my desk if it turns out to be another E-wing

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Dulkor posted:

Think I'm gonna give something like this a shot for casual games tomorrow. Kinda want to see how the new upgrades and pilots impact the older ships before I start trying to build around the new ones.

Emon Azzameen (36)
Seismic Charges (2)
Seismic Charges (2)
Seismic Charges (2)
Andrasta (0)

Drea Renthal (22)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)

Binayre Pirate (12)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Ran this list today. Can't say for sure exactly how competitive the other lists were since everyone was fumbling their way through new S&V lists.

Thoughts:

Hot Shot is a nasty little surprise whenever someone tries to segnor or barrel roll away from your cheap Z-95s. Didn't do quite as much damage as I'd have liked, but that was more due to my messing up my maneuver the phase before and not getting focus due to bump.

People keep forgetting Emon has more bombs, and are currently not used to the idea of having to worry about bombs from unexpected angles hitting more than once. I think he needs an engine upgrade in future lists to buy some more options for positioning, but those Seismic Charges more than made their points back each game regardless.

Drea is a murder machine if you can get behind another fighter and lock them down. BTL and Ion give you a fun little double tap, and once you land that ion hit you're free to refresh your target lock and eat that stress. You know exactly where that fighter is going to be, after all. Unhinged Y-Wings in general can cover a stupidly good amount of ground as well. Getting towards 'kinda pricy' for a skill 5 pilot, though.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I ran:

Kavil with R4 Agromech and Blaster turret
Binayre Pirate with Feedback Array x5

Demolished ZZZZAAB, 2x BTL Ys with Boba, and Soontir/Whisper/OGP, but lost hard to a Dash/Keyan/A build. Partly due to insane defense dice on Dash, and partly just because my list doesn't function that well at range. Only triggered Feedback Array about half a dozen times, but it was very useful when I did, inluding roasting Whisper after I blocked her decloaks and maneuver. Fun list to fly!

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I'm really liking Scum so far. It doesn't seem to be as crazy-go-nuts of a change as cloak and wave V were to the meta, but it's a needed shake up and their unique options are really interesting and underhanded.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Lost pretty hard with TIEx3 TIE/Inx3 today, which was not unexpected. Took a single modified win out of 4 matches, against the only person at the tournament that I've played against before, and that one just barely. Got my alt art Baron card tho, and pick up an M3-A, with Most Wanted on the way tomorrow.

The dice were not with me today, as I'm coming to realize a swarm of naked ships with no abilities will rely heavily upon. I had so many instances where I would drop ten attack dice against an E-Wing or Star Viper across three attacks and end up dealing one damage to the thing against nothing but defensive dice, it was crazy. Had a good time at my first tournament though, and would like to do it more often.

There were a few instances of people gaming the system that I didn't care for, just people who were clearly regulars at the league at that store getting rules wrong in their favor unless called out, but I imagine that's just something you have to watch for in anything like this.

nilstryfe
Dec 22, 2004
Hong Kong Cavalier
I played against:

IG88B & D with:
Stay on target
FCS
HLC
Inertial Dampners
Autothrusters
IG-2000

And holy poo poo that is a tough list to lock down or do any damage to at all. It creamed a SuperDash/B-Wing combo, and Etan/Wedge/Keyan didn't fair much better. With Stay on Target and the IG-88D pilot ability making EVERY SINGLE 3 speed move an option during activation, and the ability to do them all as loops on the fly, plus the dampners "nah, on second thought I'll just stay here" option. Between all that, the 4 dice with TL every round, and auto-thrusters eating a hit nearly every other shot, it was a really good list. Oh, and it's got an incredible dial to boot.

It'll take some more testing, but I'd say it could really competitive.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Today I ran four Greens with PTL, Outmaneuver, and Autothrusters.

It's a beautiful, beautiful list if you hate your green dice. At one point I dodged 22 consecutive hits (not red dice, hits) from a Predator/Gunner Decimator. At another, I dodged two consecutive rounds of an HLC Krassis getting four hits. In between I went 2-3, lost to guy who went undefeated in the regular tournament and was #1 seed, lost to the guy who won the tournament overall, and lost to a guy running three shuttles and a Super Soontir.

I'm not disappointed in any of those and Holy gently caress is it fun to fly turtled A-wings.

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

What is the recommended card sleeve sheet for the upgrade cards again? I know it was mentioned a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to write it down.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Commissar Canuck posted:

What is the recommended card sleeve sheet for the upgrade cards again? I know it was mentioned a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to write it down.

The fantasy flight sleeves in the yellow packaging.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Today I ran my S&V stuff for the first time. First of all, the IG-2000s: I really liked them, they seem to work pretty well but I didn't try them against a phantom/soontir etc, so they might suffer against them. I then tried a Kavil + Z swarm and although it struggled against an outmaneuver Kath Skarlet, it did alright. My opponent flew a lot of blaster turret/agromech Y-Wings and they worked pretty well, actually and could pump out quite a bit of damage. I then tried the M3-A and Starviper: the M3-A worked more or less as I expected but the Starviper just felt mediocre all around. The builds for it seem to expensive for what you get out of it: a worse arc-dodger than anything the Rebels/Imps can fly. I just don't get it and I'm not gonna get another one of them. Xizor especially seems poor, although I guess you could fly him with a swarm to some effect.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Commissar Canuck posted:

Tip: if you look at the back of pretty much any FFG product, they will show a number in a coloured square. This is the number of packs (each containing 50 cards) of that particular colour from FFG's own range that you need to sleeve everything in the box.

So the back of the base set, for instance, should say “Fantasy Flight Supplies, [ 1 ] (grey box) [ 1 ] (yellow box)”.

Of course, it'll still say you need 1 pack if there are just two cards in that size, and they come in 50-packs… so keep track of your left-overs. :D

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
How about if I want to store upgrade cards (unsleeved) in a binder? Is there a good binder sheet for them?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I use 9 pocket pages, upgrade cards fit nicely sideways and 2 to a pocket

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My Turtle Squad A-Wings ended up going 2-3 at the tournament. First round was against the eventual #1 seed who went undefeated flying five Zs and Xizor. I should have won this game, but shot myself in the foot by suggesting something that isn't actually a legal thing anymore (I thought that executing a zero maneuver meant ships were no longer in base contact. I know for a goddamn fact that this used to be true, but it apparently got changed back) and lost an A-wing early. The final margin was 26 points at time, and I lost the A-wing at like 15 minutes. What could have been. I'm pretty good friends with the guy, though, so no hard feelings. Lost 50-24 at time.

Second round was against three Shuttles and a Super Soontir. The shuttles did what they were supposed to do and blocked my A-wings all over the place and kept me from raking in the tokens that list needs. I still shot down all three of them, but didn't scratch the paint on Soontir. Lost 100-63 (at time).

Third round was against a Oicunn and Krassis. I critted Oicunn to go first (Damaged Cockpit) which was a Good Thing for him, and then the next turn I critted him to take damage when he bumped things (Stunned Pilot) which was the most hilarious combo of crits I've ever seen. Oicunn ended up killing himself ramming an A-wing. The A-wing survived the match. Also notable highlights of this match: Krassis landed four hits from an HLC at range 2, and my A-wing tossed three evades and a token to whiff completely. :allears: Won 100-50 (5 minutes left).

Fourth round was against an old school TIE Swarm. Howlrunner with PTL and Stealth Device, a Black with Wingman, and five Academies. Shot down three Acadmies and had four points of damage spread over three other TIEs. Lost 75-36 at time. Would have been 50-36, but I went for broke on the last turn and lost an A-wing to return fire without tokens.

Fifth round was against Kenkirk with Isard, Gunner, Predator, and Tac Jammer, along with three Black TIEs. Hounded Kenkirk around the board, Outmaneuver meant I took away the piddly green die he had, and shot the Decimator and a TIE down before time. Lost one A-Wing to concentrated fire halfway through, lost another on a throwaway shot from the Decimator that I blanked. At one point, the latter A-wing dodged 22 consecutive hits from the Decimator. Not red dice thrown, hits. :allears:. Won 71-50 at time.

Such a fun list to fly.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah the 0 maneuver was quietly changed and never really announced. I had someone confused at that too since they used to be able to do it with their shuttles.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It was a bit annoying. I was a good sport, and suggested he use his Inertial Dampners to get a shot on my A-wing (like I said we're good friends). He did so, rolled four hits. I dodged three (two and a token) and took the final hit on my A-wing. It happened at the very beginning, so I wonder if that wasn't the point at which I lost the game.

He also managed to have Xizor take the killing blow on him and give it to an unhurt Z, so that one stung while also being a helpful demonstration of why Xizor is so good.

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the sheets for like a binder, not the FFG individual card sleeves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I got to play a few games with my S&V ships today and I'm a little disappointed with the Star VIper. It feels like a too expensive Interceptor. On the other hand, I had a lot of fun with Kavil and Drea and the M3-a Heavy Scyks. I'm thinking about using this list at the tourney next week. I'm not very comfortable flying swarms but sadly don't have any Firesprays or IG-88s.

100 points

Pilots
------

Drea Renthal (31)
Y-Wing (22), Autoblaster Turret (2), R4-B11 (3), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), Engine Upgrade (4)

Syndicate Thug (26)
Y-Wing (18), Bomb Loadout (0), Autoblaster Turret (2), “Genius” (0), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), Engine Upgrade (4), Seismic Charges (2)

Tansarii Point Veteran (24)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (17), Wingman (2), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Ion Cannon (3)

Cartel Spacer (19)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (14), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Ion Cannon (3)

The idea is to have the wing man Scyk escort Drea to keep her in target locks and have the Ys blast hell out of ioned ships at close range.

• Locked thread