Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

This is like... really surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Who are the two guys commentating? They're really good.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Lost first match 7-16!

2nd match...uh...who knows...

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400666265

de_inferno_promod lookin cute..

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Did I miss it?! Where can I find the VODs?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
We got 10-5d ct side mirage, came back to 14-11, then threw 5 rounds oops

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Sitting Bull posted:

We got 10-5d ct side mirage, came back to 14-11, then threw 5 rounds oops

Good effort though, Meatball was going nuts with the AWP t-side.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Won our 2nd game 16-9. Gotta win the next one to go through.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I played esea today. Got my butt whooped by roca and frozt. It was a lot of fun. Then went and dropped a 30 bomb on face it. Won my Cevo match too. So if you suck like me, play esea to get better.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Go Daeno go!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I had a really good game that we were winning handily but it ended at halftime when the enemy team started teamkilling each other, 2 of them abandoned, and the remaining guys surrendered. Do I still gain any ranking points for it?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
In the last 4 MM games in NA I had 2 blatant hackers. At Nova 4 level. wtf is happening to this game.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

I know this is quite a few pages back, but silvers, especially silvers that are mystified by the AK-47 should watch this video. I see players at my rank (GN2) that will go 16-5 with the M4A1-S, and then as soon as they hit T side will proceed to tank the entire game because they cannot land more than two shots with the AK.

The only problem is now instead of always tapping with the AK I end up spraying at ranges I shouldn't be spraying at, just because of how satisfying it is to land a 6 round spray kill from, say, B to CT on Inferno. But I feel much much less reliant on AWPing on T side, which is really good.

The rest of the stuff in the video is pretty handy. For those of you that can't stand his voice (can't say I blame you), the most important thing I pulled out of the video that I hadn't really recognized before is that the recoil on rounds 4 and 5 from the AK is significantly higher than rounds 2 and even 3, so the suggestion appears to be "1, 2, start pulling down, 3, crouch, 4, 5, etc." This isn't always applicable, but since I started breaking it down and counting shots, my spraying has become much more reliable with the AK.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
What's the code to make bullet holes glow read like in that video?

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
sv_cheats 1
sv_showimpacts 1

Daeno
May 29, 2007

lost 6-16! The dream is dead. Churchill is still in it though!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I went back and looked at this demo and figured out how I died so fast here. The perfect flashbang throw :saddowns:

Mimetic posted:

Didn't reverse dust2 get played on one of the goonman servers ages ago?

I remember that, we had to stop playing it a few rounds in because the reverse maps gave people vertigo and :barf: and stuff.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009

Daeno posted:

lost 6-16! The dream is dead. Churchill is still in it though!

his dreams dead too rip

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Let's go to that big annual LAN that's in Calgary(Edmonton?)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mcvey posted:

I'd go.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Luigi Thirty posted:

I went back and looked at this demo and figured out how I died so fast here. The perfect flashbang throw :saddowns:

It's actually pretty poor. With how far away from the door you are when it detonates the players will have fully recovered their vision by the time you'd get in to site in the best case scenario. All you'd have accomplished is letting them know you were coming.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
We're out in the group stage too. 14-16, 16-1, 13-16. Both the matches we lost we started CT side, and did really poorly (5 rounds, 7 rounds). Since we were a pug, and didn't really practice at all, it was sort of weird to be hitting executions T side, but no idea how to hold a site on CT.

It was overall very fun, but I was really annoyed for a couple of reasons. Our first match we were forced to play on the main stage, on their computers, some of which were missing essential drivers (sound, LAN). this match also ended up being delayed by 3 hours, and because no outside food/drink was allowed, and the only food they had at the event were child size doritos bags, our team basically had to play our 2 important matches on an empty stomach. The organizers also didn't setup our matches, we were responsible for using the RCON execs, which I thought was super dodgy. Whats to stop me from turning on sv_cheats and noclipping into my spot?

Regardless, it was fun. I hope they put a VOD of our casted match up soon. Thanks to everybody who tuned in to watch us =]

Also, Daeno is very loving tall.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Necc0 posted:

It's actually pretty poor. With how far away from the door you are when it detonates the players will have fully recovered their vision by the time you'd get in to site in the best case scenario. All you'd have accomplished is letting them know you were coming.

I was trying to flash the guy in front of the door. The :saddowns: part was I accidentally threw it through the door and didn't notice. Of course I never remember to use flashbangs outside of obvious situations so that may not have been the best idea either.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 1, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

mcvey posted:

:saddowns:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

They put us in the loser bracket for big babbies, still a chance to be king of the trash heap.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was trying to flash the guy in front of the door. The :saddowns: part was I accidentally threw it through the door and didn't notice. Of course I never remember to use flashbangs outside of obvious situations so that may not have been the best idea either.

keep your gun out in that situation tbqh

like, flashbangs aren't really a thing where you literally think, "im gonna flash that guy", especially because of how often it fails. they're more for setting you up to force them to turn it or whatever while you peek them. but where this guy was behind that box there was no way you could use it well even if it full blinded him.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Daeno posted:

They put us in the loser bracket for big babbies, still a chance to be king of the trash heap.

i wish our teams had played right when i joked about that, since my whole team bailed right after.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

i wish our teams had played right when i joked about that, since my whole team bailed right after.

Now we will never know (you guys would have stomped us into paste)

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK

icantfindaname posted:

They're there for historical reasons / tradition. All of them are hilariously imbalanced and badly designed

Office isn't bad, but yeah, nobody plays cs_ maps for real.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I really liked back alley

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Loser finals :toot:

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Office is the best map in the game.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Daeno posted:

Loser finals :toot:

:toot:

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
I would pay to see a tournament where they played hostage maps/reserve maps. Vertigo is balla as hell as a defuse map, and I would love to see pros take it on. Militia and Office would be great to watch as they seem to be the most balanced of the hostage maps, and Assault would be hilarious because gently caress Assault.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I've tried to play Assault and holy poo poo, people used to play a version of it with less entrances?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Carecat posted:

I've tried to play Assault and holy poo poo, people used to play a version of it with less entrances?

I haven't played the GO version of Assault, but back in the old CS days, it was just the garage door, squeaky, and the vents. It was hilariously T-sided but fun to play anyway.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

ProfessionalNinja posted:

I would pay to see a tournament where they played hostage maps/reserve maps. Vertigo is balla as hell as a defuse map, and I would love to see pros take it on. Militia and Office would be great to watch as they seem to be the most balanced of the hostage maps, and Assault would be hilarious because gently caress Assault.

Audible sigh

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Vertigo is balla as hell as a defuse map, and I would love to see pros take it on.

I hope you enjoy watching 15-0 CT sides over and over again

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Nuke is pretty close to that as is so its not exactly a big leap. I thought that map in the old harbour last pack was pretty cool and I could have watched people play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So, I take it Source can't do killcams? Those would be nice to have.

• Locked thread