Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Ultra Fighting Bomber helped a LOT with keeping Bardock alive. Just followed him around in-between dash combos and exploded the world every 15 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warrencanadian
Nov 22, 2013
This Buu story mission can eat all the dicks. Like all of them. At once. I'm just going to grind PQ's until my eyes bleed and then hopefully brute force it via being overleveled,

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Just got Captain Ginyu as a mentor. :krad:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

Just got Captain Ginyu as a mentor. :krad:

I hope you did a pose promptly after

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Here is a twelve-minute video on what might have happened if Krillin killed Vegeta on planet Earth, in case you were wondering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AgsnceFghc

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Anonymous Robot posted:

Here is a twelve-minute video on what might have happened if Krillin killed Vegeta on planet Earth, in case you were wondering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AgsnceFghc

I'm sorry, I'm obligated to stop watching anything as soon as it tells me to like it. That usually happens at the end of a video, so it's not normally a problem.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Flytrap posted:

Ultra Fighting Bomber helped a LOT with keeping Bardock alive. Just followed him around in-between dash combos and exploded the world every 15 seconds.

This move owns btw, it takes like four seconds to charge up but while you're doing it the cpu will usually stand next to you watching in awe and then get blitzed

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

projecthalaxy posted:

Well that makes it make even less sense!

Super Vegetto makes anything short of Beerus and go 'squish' regardless of demonic powerups, I guess. So you've got nothing to fix.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Man, just like in the show, Krillin keeps on dying during missions, and its really annoying.

When I was playing that mission where you needed to fight Final Form Frieza Krillin died in one basic combo. No super moves or anything, just 5 punches to the face.

Of course then I played another mission where I needed to fight Krillin and all of a sudden he's just a wall of health

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Random Freiza grunts being playable is the dumbest poo poo over actual characters.

My other big complaint besides literally everything being RNG in quests is the sever lack of music. It's so quiet.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I'm beginning to suspect that Android 18's denim jacket isn't in this game. Damnit.

Also just finished it The final boss was...amazingly easy. Because it wasn't cheating. It was also really fun even though it was easy!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Just bought the game because I wanted to be the ultimate Goku.

Crashed in the first 10 minutes and caused my computer to blue screen. Some sort of in page kernal error :(

Is my computer too old for this? I have a GTX 560 Ti. But my processor is a first generation i7.

My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/doh004

Doh004 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 1, 2015

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Tae posted:

Random Freiza grunts being playable is the dumbest poo poo over actual characters.

My other big complaint besides literally everything being RNG in quests is the sever lack of music. It's so quiet.

Letting the cannon fodder be playable is a time honored DBZ fighting game tradition and it is awesome.

Honestly, rolling into a fight with three of those guys that have blasters on their wrists and just wrecking someone through sheer skill is hilarious. It's the equivalent of pulling out Dan Hibiki and curb stomping someone.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Doh004 posted:

Crashed in the first 10 minutes and caused my computer to blue screen. Some sort of in page kernal error :(

Is my computer too old for this? I have a GTX 560 Ti. But my processor is a first generation i7.

GTX 560 with an i5 here and haven't had any problems. I've been playing single player offline until the servers stop making GBS threads themselves, though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tae posted:

nobody's gonna pay dlc money for random frieza grunts.

my biggest complaint about this game just like almost every game i play ever is the lack of documented mechanical information on what exactly is going on. the biggest and simplest one that INFURIATES me is the loving hex readout of your stats rather than numbers ANYWHERE. "hey, let me see if my cac has more ki blast power than ssj4 vegeta! well, let me just hold a trading card on my monitor to indicate where my ki blast is for my cac..."

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Doh004 posted:

My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/doh004
Yeah, that should run the game perfectly. I have a 560, but my processor is almost seven years old. The crash you got MAY have been because of the servers. I've had the game crash a couple times trying to connect to it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I love screenshotting this game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

man gently caress the dog god and his stupid assistant.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I don't know who else might want it but I saw a bunch of people try to match the canon Z-Fighter orange outfit colors so I thought I'd make a little image and share which swatches are the right ones for the look:

I've tried a bunch and these are as close to the canon character models as you'll get with CaC. Anyways I thought this might be useful to somebody. You can mix-and-match default clothing with the Goku's Turtle Gi and Krillin's stuff or whatever pretty close with these colors, if you'd like pants or something similar.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Reiley posted:

I don't know who else might want it but I saw a bunch of people try to match the canon Z-Fighter orange outfit colors so I thought I'd make a little image and share which swatches are the right ones for the look:

I've tried a bunch and these are as close to the canon character models as you'll get with CaC. Anyways I thought this might be useful to somebody

You've done well.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

mabels big day posted:

Th...that's a cat.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Why does my character scream Space Australia? When using energy ball?

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

How do you get the blue objectives to show? Also what constitues a high grade rank? Is it the little bonuses you get at the end? E.g. high combo, most damage dealt, never ko'd, etc?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Beerus is a cat, right down to his mercurial temper and being a self-centred rear end in a top hat.

And the egyptian-styled accessories too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

UberJumper posted:

Why does my character scream Space Australia? When using energy ball?

Because you're using voice 8, whch is based on DBZAbridged, where Jeice being Space Australian is played to the hilt.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Beerus is a cat, right down to his mercurial temper and being a self-centred rear end in a top hat.

And the egyptian-styled accessories too.
I thought he was a of rip-off of Anubis? Or is Anubis supposed to be a dog? Or was it a wolf?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

rizuhbull posted:

How do you get the blue objectives to show?

You get them to show by fulfilling them.

rizuhbull posted:

Also what constitues a high grade rank? Is it the little bonuses you get at the end? E.g. high combo, most damage dealt, never ko'd, etc?

Yes.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

rizuhbull posted:

I thought he was a of rip-off of Anubis? Or is Anubis supposed to be a dog? Or was it a wolf?

Nope. He's Egyptian themed, but not styled after any specific deity.

He's just a hairless cat.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I thought he was a chihuahua. Either way, he's a piece of poo poo.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Do any of the Mentors teach Strike Supers other than Gohan/Videl?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

rizuhbull posted:

Anubis is a jackal. Beerus was based on Toriyama's sick cat.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Just beat the mission with the small army of mini Buu on my first try. :smugdog:

Although, if Ultra Fighting Bomber wasn't in my arsenal, it probably would have been a lot harder. The small Buu are more than happy to gather on you and take the explosion to the face.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

mabels big day posted:

I thought he was a chihuahua. Either way, he's a piece of poo poo.

Beerus is actually a really cool guy who decided to destroy the earth because Majin Buu ate all the puddings.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Krillin teaches you Orin combo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I know Krillin teaches the Orin combo

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I beat the Buus yesterday, after remembering my training with Krillin and spamming scatter kamehameha.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Real shame this game doesnt seem to have the Kaioken attack (the one Goku used on Nappa and Burter where he slams them down and breaks their loving spine when he catches them on the ground) I think it was in all the other DBZ games and it was my favorite move.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Testekill posted:

Beerus is actually a really cool guy who decided to destroy the earth because Majin Buu ate all the puddings.

Yeah, on second thought, it's his assistant who is the rear end in a top hat. I can beat beerus but that stupid teleport thing lets him escape out of all of my supers

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
loving poo poo.. The sword moves are Human/Saiyan only. So long, sword-wielding Frieza dude. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Whis gives 0 fucks ever and is awesome.

• Locked thread