Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

odiv posted:

I managed to draw one of my 8 fatties before he drew one of his lands.

Thanks for putting me on the whitelist, march.

No problem dude, you've got my paypal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Filthy Monkey was able to dredge up a victory over the course of three games. I can only survive so many zombie token beats.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, I won, 2-1. Game one I dredged my way to an army of zombies and a 15/15 grave-troll. He had some computer problems resulting in a disconnect, and conceded the game.

Game two I got thoroughly burned out before I could establish much presence.

Game three I had a turn two kill, thanks to the help of two LEDs in my opening hand. Dredged my way into four narcomebeas and three bridges. Cast dread return on a flame-kin zealot for the kill.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I won 2-1. I feel bad because both games were lost not in the least due to xmage.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Haven't heard back from Procastinator yet which is totally understandable. I offered him the draw but I guess if he's not able to play in the top 8 I'll just take the win.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Partial Octopus posted:

Haven't heard back from Procastinator yet which is totally understandable. I offered him the draw but I guess if he's not able to play in the top 8 I'll just take the win.

Get in the loving IRC dude, he's there 24/7

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Moatman posted:

I won 2-1. I feel bad because both games were lost not in the least due to xmage.

Confirming I went 1-2, also I'd like to drop.

E: The third game it wouldn't have made a difference, it was just infuriating at the time.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Get in the loving IRC dude, he's there 24/7

Oh. Thanks a bunch. I'll hop on.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lonely Bridge's Imperial Painter beats my Soldiers 2 nut draws to 1 nut draw. Highlight was him having the combo in hand game 2, but unable to cast it and go off due to needing Ancient Tomb mana at 2 life. Ah well.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Lonely Bridge's Imperial Painter beats my Soldiers 2 nut draws to 1 nut draw. Highlight was him having the combo in hand game 2, but unable to cast it and go off due to needing Ancient Tomb mana at 2 life. Ah well.

Dude, that 2nd game was awesome. G1 I was able to pull out the mill just in time (I somehow got the combo in hand all 3 games, gotta thank RNG for that). Game 2 really was awesome, and a great example of how legitimate the soldier deck is. I mean, with access to chrome mox you're able to put something in to play on turn 1 that can give you the extra turn or two to just kill your opponent before anything becomes relevant in any way. I loving love legacy for this. Game 3 he threw down a suppression field against my top and I was able to look at my top 3, draw the grindstone I found, draw it off my top and fetch the top away, and untap to draw the painter's servant. It was pretty surreal to see it all come together so quickly. Despite them being really short games it was quite interesting to me. A hatebear deck that can end a game in 2 turns of attacking is no joke.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lonely Bridge posted:

Dude, that 2nd game was awesome. G1 I was able to pull out the mill just in time (I somehow got the combo in hand all 3 games, gotta thank RNG for that). Game 2 really was awesome, and a great example of how legitimate the soldier deck is. I mean, with access to chrome mox you're able to put something in to play on turn 1 that can give you the extra turn or two to just kill your opponent before anything becomes relevant in any way. I loving love legacy for this. Game 3 he threw down a suppression field against my top and I was able to look at my top 3, draw the grindstone I found, draw it off my top and fetch the top away, and untap to draw the painter's servant. It was pretty surreal to see it all come together so quickly. Despite them being really short games it was quite interesting to me. A hatebear deck that can end a game in 2 turns of attacking is no joke.

A power lead is something like Turn 1 Thalia or Field followed by turn 2 Preeminent Captain, then swing turn 3 to drop Captain of the Watch or Enlistment Officer. It's a fun deck and pretty effective for $400 paper, but as I said in the chat it's super one-dimensional and dead to anything that can't be removed via combat damage. I'd love to build something like it in Modern but losing Enlistment Officer and the fast mana is probably too much. It's an aggro deck that trades a bit of speed for some prison elements too, I never drew any Chalices which probably wouldn't have helped me, but that I can get around with Cavern of Souls :frogc00l:

E: I'm wondering if Leyline of Sanctity might be a worthwhile inclusion when I finally have the money for them. Right now I have a Kor Firewalker playset in the board, they're less versatile (only stopping Burn as opposed to stopping Grindstone, LotVs etc.) but they do fit the soldier theme.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 1, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
last call post for this round, get your results or extension requests in by tomorrow at 8am est

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
StarvingAutist takes it 2-0.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

muon posted:

StarvingAutist takes it 2-0.

Confirming, good games.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
ChewyLSB over Toshimo 2-1

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

gang sines posted:

13) lonequid vs Archenteron

I won this one 2-0. Turns out Chalice for 1 substantially fucks over Miracles.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Big Anime Fan Here absolutely crushed me 2-0

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League

Archenteron posted:

I won this one 2-0. Turns out Chalice for 1 substantially fucks over Miracles.

This is the everyone gently caress over lonequid tournament! First my last round loss (thanks Mr. "Bye"), now my 1 CMC spells :cry:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Here's the video. Sorry the mic is too close to my mouth and also sorry for calling arfjason gay, since he's my friend, but he started it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLsmbFNqUqM

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Despite a Teeg/Thalia lockout of my spells:

Kraus: 2

FMLD: 1

I gotta thank my opponent for making me aware of what Teeg does to my deck, exactly.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Kraus pooped on me, 1-2. Made a bad keep game 1 and got combo'd on, he scooped to hate game 2, game 3 the lucky bastard dredged up 3 ichorids and 2 bridges by turn 3 and I couldn't recover. GG's!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Here's the video. Sorry the mic is too close to my mouth and also sorry for calling arfjason gay, since he's my friend, but he started it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLsmbFNqUqM

More people need to be recording their matches, it's really not hard to do and talking about the plays you're making will help you get better.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I guess I need that extension. Dr. Stab, I have the next two days off, hit me up whenever.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ok extension to tomorrow at 8am est

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
vintage thunderdome thread up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703876

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
How many more rounds are there

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
this is the last one then top 8

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Oh do I get to be in the top 8

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oops i meant so say there's one more then top 8

if you win next round you're definitely in top 8

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'll get around to updating ~scores~ and ~tiebreakers~ before the last round is over (hopefully before it starts) so you can all figure out how you need to game your tiebreakers and hopefully it'll be accurate.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

What's the minimum top 8 record?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I guess I need that extension. Dr. Stab, I have the next two days off, hit me up whenever.

Dear Babylon Astronaut, I have ~2 hours free right now. If you see this, get on IRC or xmage

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I blame chewylsb for having these out right now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rtte-X6lDYmEzWQErgA3FfCYRKQE5EY4vJlUEhkA4TA/edit#gid=711843486

top 8 is 12 points and above so far, there might be typographical errors but i hope not

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Oh man do I go for the draw or do I play for seeding. Yessss this is the best position.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Ugh, my breakers are bad enough that I think I can't ID in.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
It's nice to finally not go 0-X :unsmith:
And look at that top 8, not a single repeated deck type.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Thanks for existing and making the 12-pointers actually play it out LonelyBridge, I might actually T8 if I win this next round (my OMW is insane).

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I don't think I can make the top 8 but I'm still down for another match in the for fun legacy tournament.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ROUND 6 PAIRINGS
the final round of swiss, we'll be cutting to top8 next

1) Fingers McLongDong vs DrStab
2) always be closing vs Archenteron
3) C-Euro vs PERPETUAL IDIOT
4) Toshimo vs lonequid
5) Kraus vs TenjouUtena
6) Hobojim vs Trilas
7) Moatman vs Auralsaurus Flex (2-0)
8) Chamale vs Babylon Astronaut (2-1)
9) PhyrexianLibrarian vs LordSaturn (1-2)
10) instantrunoffvote vs odiv
11) Snacksmaniac vs born on a buy you (2-1)
12) LGD vs suicidesteve
13) Ableist Kinkshamer vs Filthy Monkey (1-2)
14) ChewyLSB vs Wadjamaloo (0-2)
15) The March Hare vs muon (2-0)
16) Lonely Bridge vs Jabor (0-2)
17) wildfire1 vs Ranpire (0-2)
18) GottaPayDaTrollToll vs Big Anime Fan Here (0-2)
19) Partial Octopus vs gang sines (1-2)
20) Procrastinator vs TheLawinator

black potus fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Bullshit that guy actually runs basics

• Locked thread