Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ederick
Jan 2, 2013
I just want to thank the guy who has the Shaman of Cum. Since yesterday I've seen him always to the right of the Hercules statue. My friends and I use him as a landmark to get into the same instance so we can do stuff together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
"I want to thank the Shaman of Cum" might just be threat title worthy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Firstborn posted:

Also, there is Saiyan Armor without tails, or you can cover the tail up with certain pants.

You can get Krillin and Gohan's Namek armor. They don't have tails.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
You can also get Ginyu armor, or Freeza Saga Vegeta. Or Cooler Squadron, if you want to look like Salza.

And like I said... a lot of pants will cover up the tail and even the flaps on the bottom.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you're a Strike Dude then learning Evil Explosion is a cool move from Piccolo, it is a nice combo finisher with very little startup or recovery, but having Kamehameha is never a bad idea, obviously.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Yeah, gently caress PQ 26. It wouldn't be so bad if you had someone helping you out but the second bit with Piccolo & Vegeta is just you getting shitstomped by two guys who will hit you often enough that they'll knock you out of your ultimate attacks before you can pull them off.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

New Leaf posted:

ON THAT NOTE- I wished for more characters, which gives you SSJ4 Gogeta, and for some loving reason I can't actually CONTROL him. He's grayed out. I can choose him as an ally though.

When you're picking your first char, highlight SSJ4 Vegeta and press down. I was able to select to play as him that way, I don't know why you can't just press right, or left from the very start but :shrug:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFtOQrI_NPg
My face hurts from laughing...
The Real SSJ Spam.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Firstborn posted:

The Real SSJ Spam.
Yeah I had this happen to me a few times when I was trying to finish that quest. Nearly godamn impossible solo. I managed to cheese it out by zoning out, maxing out my ki, going back in, burning ultras, repeating.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

You can also get Ginyu armor, or Freeza Saga Vegeta. Or Cooler Squadron, if you want to look like Salza.

And like I said... a lot of pants will cover up the tail and even the flaps on the bottom.

Honestly with how much Cooler-based content there is, I'm shocked they didn't just toss him up as a playable character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure any obviously missing characters are probably gonna be DLC.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I really want to unlock Goku as a mentor. I want Spirit Bomb super, and his quotes are really :unsmith: when you do missions and stuff. I went from Vegeta to Hercule to Cell and they all berate me no matter what. :(

It's really dumb that Goku gives you Super Kamehameha as his Ultimate, though, when Cell's Perfect Kamehameha is way better and available way sooner.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I really want Freiza as a mentor so I can throw around black holes and supernovas :getin:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
He gives you Supernova, Emperor's Sign, and I forget what else.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Is there a way to get Goku to consistently go Super Saiyan in The Legendary Super Saiyan? I'm killing Krillan before Goku and nothing is happening. He used to do it all the time but I haven't seen him do it for like 30 tries now and I just want to be a Super Saiyan too.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Save yourself the frustration. After the Cell Saga, you can buy SSJ1 in the store for 40,000.

Seriously.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Firstborn posted:

The Real SSJ Spam.

It compliments the first one(where you(?) comboed the enemy to death) well. If it's you? Keep going.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tae posted:

You get a bunch of strike buffs working together if you're a human, kaoken x3, and keep the ki meter full. So at least there's major damage incentive for going melee.

I'm a human with Kaioken X3. Maybe I should start slotting in melee supers again.

What are some good ones?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Meteo Crash (I think? The spammable one available from the beginning), All Clear, Orin Combo, that sword combo that killed Freeza, Drains all come to mind immediately.

\/\/\/ Yes. You also get the Z Soul that makes you invincible during it if you spar with him after. So it's unblockable and completely invincible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do you get the Perfect Kamehameha as an Ultimate from Cell's tutelage?
Because that move owns and I want it (and Cell is my teach at the moment so I want to be hype for that).

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

If you want to easy-mode the story, play a Namekian with Nails z-soul (I must protect lord guru, which adds HP regen at max ki) and a focus on HP and Ki boosts. Namekians naturally recharge health up to 80% and Nails z-soul stacks to double your regen, while also allowing you to go back up to 100%.

Achievement related: This annoys me way more than it should

Zaphod42 posted:

Sweet, hit level 20 and got shine shot.

I guess all that's left now is Final Flash and then I'm done with Vegeta :cool:

Oh you poor bastard. Vegetas final mission is insanely difficult at lower levels for several reasons. Spoiled below in case anyone wants to be surprised/annoyed
First you have to take his normal form down about 25%. Then he goes super and you have to take that down about 50%. Then he goes super saiyan 2 which heals him and provides two giant health bars and the ability to no-sell hits. You have to get rid of his first bar and about 1/3 of the second one to win. He also loves to spam that explosion wave to knock you around, hes fast, and aggressive as hell. Also hes invincible during his attack chargeups while you are not. You will eat many a big bang attack if you try to chuck supers at him. Oh, and you only have 5 minutes to do this.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Just cleared Vegeta's training directly after beating Frieza. Fighting off an SSJ2 as a plain jane super saiyan who can barely maintain the form is uhm, interesting. Thank christ for that one weird arm charge move of Nappa's, that guard break is a lifesaver.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Great Beer posted:

Oh you poor bastard. Vegetas final mission is insanely difficult at lower levels for several reasons. Spoiled below in case anyone wants to be surprised/annoyed
First you have to take his normal form down about 25%. Then he goes super and you have to take that down about 50%. Then he goes super saiyan 2 which heals him and provides two giant health bars and the ability to no-sell hits. You have to get rid of his first bar and about 1/3 of the second one to win. He also loves to spam that explosion wave to knock you around, hes fast, and aggressive as hell. Also hes invincible during his attack chargeups while you are not. You will eat many a big bang attack if you try to chuck supers at him. Oh, and you only have 5 minutes to do this.

That's why it stands as my favorite battle in the entire game. It's one of the only fights where I felt like my opponent was progressively getting stronger and more clever as the fight went on and it was all contained in one battle. The story missions and PQs either break up the action too much or throw too much poo poo at you. Vegeta's mastery battle felt like a classic DBZ fight to me.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I just picked this up. I'm trying to stick to strike based attacks, and right now I'm diving my points pretty evenly between basic and super strikes, and HP.

Am I doing it wrong, 'cause I'm having a really hard time with some missions. Frieza whoops my rear end.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Finally went super saiyan! :ssj: Feels really good. With Full Power Charge its not actually too hard to maintain it indefinitely. I like that people can knock you out of SSJ but if you're beating on them and charging you can keep it going, and obviously the more ki you have the longer you can hold out, that works pretty well. And drat, hitting with ultimate ki attacks while SSJ hits really hard. Awesome :aaaaa:

Also big bang attack just dropped, sweet.

Great Beer posted:

poo poo, only 1/3rd? I nearly did it on my first try then, I assumed you had to clear his full bar twice and decided to go level up a second. In that case, I'm gonna go finish him, I want final flash like now.

Bubba Smith posted:

That's why it stands as my favorite battle in the entire game. It's one of the only fights where I felt like my opponent was progressively getting stronger and more clever as the fight went on and it was all contained in one battle. The story missions and PQs either break up the action too much or throw too much poo poo at you. Vegeta's mastery battle felt like a classic DBZ fight to me.

Yeah its a great fight. I was already SSJ when I beat him the first time, so him going SSJ was like him answering my call. Then when I beat him again I was feeling pretty cocky, but he drops the SSJ2. Oh poo poo, now it gets real. Then I beat him again but surprise motherfucker, I have two health bars.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Jazz the Namekian heard that it was Bulma's birthday, and decided to dress up.

Things escalated.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

gently caress. Vegeta can't kill me, but I can't barely mange to finish him off before the time runs out. Just 30 more seconds and I could do it. Fuuuuuuck.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Aurain posted:

Do you get the Perfect Kamehameha as an Ultimate from Cell's tutelage?
Because that move owns and I want it (and Cell is my teach at the moment so I want to be hype for that).

Yup. Just cleared his training and got it. Which is nice because Special Beam Cannon is not doing a ton of damage now and I need a new Ultimate.

Just got my 7th dragonball and was wondering if anyone can confirm that the skills/ultimates from wishing are only accessible through wishing. I would assume so but I don't want to waste these dragonballs on something I could potentially buy or grind from a PQ later.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Pleased to add me to steam group for fightgokus http://steamcommunity.com/id/onipanda

I have a few minor gripes about the game, but so far it owns. Here is my goku, I seriously cannot stop laughing at the stunna shades and smirk when it zooms in on one of the cell games missions

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I changed out of my raditz armour and glasses when I unlocked online and half the characters were wearing the exact same thing.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Zaphod42 posted:

gently caress. Vegeta can't kill me, but I can't barely mange to finish him off before the time runs out. Just 30 more seconds and I could do it. Fuuuuuuck.

I had to give up on trying to maintain SSJ and just pour my energy barrage ult onto him at close range until the form ran out. Trying to weather the storm while your stamina recharges is sort of pants-poo poo inducing and often very painful, so bring healing items in every slot. If you're about as strong as me you can probably get it done with about 30 seconds left, given some luck.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Oh hey, if you want Dragonballs do Explosion of Namek. If you beat Frieza in under 3 minutes a Time person automatically appears and they have a chance of dropping a Dragonball. SSJ+Z-assist Final Flash spam let's me finish the whole thing in under 2 minutes.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jsor posted:

Oh hey, if you want Dragonballs do Explosion of Namek. If you beat Frieza in under 3 minutes a Time person automatically appears and they have a chance of dropping a Dragonball. SSJ+Z-assist Final Flash spam let's me finish the whole thing in under 2 minutes.

I'm thinking this is actually a better way to hunt the balls because PQ15 itself apparently has the best EXP to farm under PQ 53.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Man whoever designed Vegeta's Mentor quest specifically set out to be a dick "Okay, go get a random drop ability from a mission and you can only get this drop by unlocking the inconsistent secret part"

Yes Vegeta, that'll totally happen. Twice now I've gotten no Z-Soul drops and once despite fulfilling all conditions the thing didn't go through.

I guess I'm getting levels out of it.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Well that Buu quest sure wasn't bullshit that I had to strafe for 13 minutes to beat.

Reco fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 1, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I just started and I went the lame path of punchmans freezer type. No lasers for me and I regret it because lasers look cool. So do we ever get a chance to switch that choice up or does that initial choice not matter at all in the long run? Secondly, I'm having a hard time Z-ranking stuff. But I think that's mostly just because I'm bad at fighting games.

But regarding the mentor thing this game has going, can you have multiple mentor characters?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nuebot posted:

I just started and I went the lame path of punchmans freezer type. No lasers for me and I regret it because lasers look cool. So do we ever get a chance to switch that choice up or does that initial choice not matter at all in the long run? Secondly, I'm having a hard time Z-ranking stuff. But I think that's mostly just because I'm bad at fighting games.

But regarding the mentor thing this game has going, can you have multiple mentor characters?

I chose "Punchmans" as my build for my Saiyan. I now exclusively fire beams with no Strike finishers at all. Granted that'll swing back around when Trunks and Swords~

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

cams posted:

The more I play the more I think specializing in strike supers is objectively inferior to ki supers. The only real advantage I see in strikes over ki is that there are some neat utility options in strike, like the stamina stealing one, the guard break one, and... That is all that comes to mind.

Which one is that?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nuebot posted:

If you haven't completed story mode yet you can delete your character and start a new one. You keep everything except levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nuebot posted:

Max level is 80 which means 240 points so I don't think wasting 15 or so is a big deal. If it matters that much to you, one of the things you can wish for with the dragonballs is a respec.

• Locked thread