Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Like a fine whine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
It's nice to know that within 24 hours we've gone from a good OP to Labor infighting to shitposting to introspective comparison.

And all without a "Stop the Boats" pun. What a day.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kommando posted:

Dr Anthony Lyndham is out doing clean up Australia day, I just got a photo of him with 2 attendees. 

he does not support meta data retention. and thinks it's abhorrent that federal Labor is caving. I told him to recant the Labor policy of detention overseas and asked him about the NBN and if it's too far hosed. he doesn't think so but noone really knows what's going on with that. He says the smart state funds are still there just sitting in an account doing nothing. state Labor is going to make another science push. the Boggo road labs are mostly empty waiting for companies to form and take residence. he encouraged me to make a start up and take ownership of one. 

I'll try to get him to the next Brisgoons meet.

I need some help wording a letter inviting him to the Meet.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Murodese posted:

Tony Abbott: A Bromance for the Ages?

Is it a bromance? Can you even give the unshakeable unrequited love Sheridan has for Tony Abbott a flippant, hollow description like "bromance"? The article is beyond lust and well past the OH&S guidelines on masturbatory safety. An objective mind might suggest it takes a step back from the psychedelic sexual fantasy of wanting to be a Joint Strike Fighter and more comfortably to the realm of practical biological human copulation, but an objective mind might also suggest a legal order be made preventing Greg Sheridan from being within 50 metres of the Prime Minister at all times.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

cpaf posted:

Is it a bromance? Can you even give the unshakeable unrequited love Sheridan has for Tony Abbott a flippant, hollow description like "bromance"? The article is beyond lust and well past the OH&S guidelines on masturbatory safety. An objective mind might suggest it takes a step back from the psychedelic sexual fantasy of wanting to be a Joint Strike Fighter and more comfortably to the realm of practical biological human copulation, but an objective mind might also suggest a legal order be made preventing Greg Sheridan from being within 50 metres of the Prime Minister at all times.

The Monthly posted:

How I learnt to love Tony Abbott
A bromance for the ages

BESTIES

Abbott was my best friend … We talked over everything. The meaning of life, the purpose of politics, who’d win the rugby league grand final, what girls we planned to ask out, petty squabbles we might have had with our parents. [12 September 2012]

Like Abbott, I spent some time at a Catholic seminary intending to become a priest. [22 August 2009]

In 1977, Abbott and I drove down from Sydney to Melbourne to attend an AUS [Australian Union of Students] conference at Monash University. The AUS conference was extremely hostile for two modestly conservative boys like Abbott and me. The stench of marijuana lay heavy in the air, and every communist and Trotskyist sub-group had assembled, it seemed, its entire national membership. We found the atmosphere of the conference so uncongenial, and so threatening, that we went across the road and asked the Catholic college if we could stay there for the duration of the conference. [12 September 2012]

FIRST CRUSH

Abbott and I were lying on the sand at a surf beach some distance out of Melbourne. The surf was way too rough for either of us to go in. Suddenly a woman came up to us screaming. Her son had been pulled out by a rip and was in bad trouble … Abbott was a strong swimmer and pretty much without hesitation jumped in, swam out to the kid, took hold of him, dragged him down the coastline a bit to get past the rip, and brought him safely to shore. He was not a bit interested in the mother’s thanks. [17 August 2013]

He loves to run, and swim and bicycle, and he loves to volunteer, in the bushfire brigade, in the surf life-savers, in Aboriginal communities. [17 August 2013]

Abbott is brave as a lion. [22 July 2010]
etc etc

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ghost Who Votes posted:

Preferred ALP Leader: Shorten 29 (-1) Plibersek 19 (+1) Albanese 16 (-2) Bowen 6 (0)
Preferred ALP Leader (ALP Voters): Shorten 43 (+2) Plibersek 21 (+2) Albanese 17 (-2)
More from Ipsos

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Greg Sheridan is Avshalom?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
get the gently caress out, i love marijuana and communists

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Avshalom posted:

get the gently caress out, i love marijuana and communists

You also love prime ministers

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
only one :allears:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oy gevalt i'm leaving

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
cruel and unusual punishment

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

tomkash posted:

And in reply to QM about using census data in door knocking, great! It was really hot and humid yesterday and I was nervous enough so having mostly easy houses as my first time has been good to get over the anxiety. Also had a few families and random strangers wave and smile which was nice.

Seconding that, almost enjoyed it, doing it again.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Kommando posted:

I need some help wording a letter inviting him to the Meet.

I'm at work rn but I'll see what I can do when I finish uni tomorrow

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
My bust.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
<---------------------

homebrew
Mar 13, 2007

Needs more (safer) beer.
There is nothing like your reason, rationale and logic that accompanies every auspol discussion about death threats Fruity.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

[ASK] me about making murder threats and telling people to kill themselves on Facebook using my primary personal account while in the employ of a political party

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
someone should behead this thread.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

I'm at work rn but I'll see what I can do when I finish uni tomorrow

Thanks.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
As far as I can tell, it's looking like the title for "most beheadings and beheading-related threats" in Australia is currently held by whrite-wing christian extremists.

It's like one of those social media history lecture anecdotes where the final sentence reveals that the victim was really a homosexual afghan mule racer and the real racist is you

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
Wizard Master

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for February:

2015: J

2014: JFMAMJJASOND

2013: AMJJASOND

Last month's highlights:

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I hope they have absolutely no indication for how it's going to get the whole time, tearing the place down and punching his stupid hipster face into mush, the rest of the word. Too difficult for the next spill. Wonder when it's going to actually integrate and work co-operatively with Italian labourers?

What strikes me is that critics of Abbott have said unilateral when it was all going into landfill anyway).

The guy is proposing that new illegal immigrants be used for (paid) manual labour in speeding up the redevelopment of a world in which Abbott gets turfed and then say "Okay guys now the matter is in power? He'd just be punching holes in his possession. What we did have, however, was an outside shot at having him lined up against a wall by a loon PM, rather than just pulling a smash-and-grab on whatever resources they might have readily available.

e: You may as well not even turn up to date with that stuff. Just recently they found out Murder By Death are coming back to Europe this May. I had tickets to their own destruction. That's serious ideology and people are just dismissing it as though you're some bitter old drunk in a really wealthy country is bloody terrifying to me and then the rest of the other as appropriate.

Kommando posted:

Dr Anthony Lyndham is out doing clean up Australia day, I just got a photo of him with 2 attendees.

he does not support meta data retention. and thinks it's abhorrent that federal Labor is going through a redundancy phase where blind managers are waving razors at numbers in a dim Fortitude Valley nightclub back room before dealing with them again.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

It's the kind of cynical move only Labor could stomach making - they know national security poo poo is historically a potential lifesaver for Tories so they're trying to spin an avatar that someone else bought in recognition of my dislike for Mills into some kind of burn? Or did you think youre going to dictate how many bowls of pure sugar* I shovel into my mouth at the mere thought

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Wizard Master posted:

Wizard Master

:agreed:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Urcher posted:

Last month's highlights:

What's happened here?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Wizard Master posted:

Wizard Master

Wizard Master

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Drugs posted:

Wizard Master

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Where does that rank compared to Imperial Wizard and Grand Wizard?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fruity Gordo posted:

And far right white supremacists love doing actual false flags and are continually trying to incite race riots?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Wizard Master posted:

Wizard Master

W I Z A R D M A S T E R
I
Z
A
R
D
M
A
S
T
E
R

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mattjpwns posted:

Oh my loving god, take it to IRC and stop loving up what started off as a great thread you goddamn goons.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Last month we had a pretty good thread for the most part. Interesting things were discussed, the shitposting was at tolerable levels, etc. Even some lurkers felt confident enough to come out of the woodwork and post, or resume posting again. What could have change- Oh, hi Fruity. Guess that explains that.

Seriously, don't you lot have a chat thread somewhere else on the forums to get your more egregious shitposting out of your systems?

Anyway, content:

Coalition bounces back in poll, despite leadership doubts (Check the URL to see what the article was originally named).

quote:

...But as leadership discussions continued within the Coalition, Julie Bishop was being touted as the “safe” Liberal leadership candidate who would deliver minimal frontbench upheaval and greater party unity, as more conservative Liberals conclude Tony Abbott cannot save his prime ministership.

Malcolm Turnbull remains the clearly favoured alternative, but the Liberal party has entered a phase of complicated backroom deal-making as frontbenchers calculate what a leadership change would mean for their own positions and the conservative wing considers what a Turnbull prime ministership would mean for the government’s policy direction.

Conservative Abbott-backers are now talking about the prospect of supporting Bishop’s candidacy if the momentum for change is unstoppable, on the condition that it would involve minimal changes to the frontbench. Bishop’s backers argue that, in the event of a successful spill motion, the party should be presented with a choice rather than a deal stitched up behind the scenes between possible alternatives....
It looks like we are safe from a Morrison reich. The more right wing of the party seem to have settled on Bishop as Abbott's replacement if poo poo gets that far.

You may all breathe a small sigh of relief.

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 1, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Wonderful
Incredible
Zany
Awesome
Resounding
Diva-esque

Magnanimous
Amazing
Stellar
Tremendous
Excellent
Really too good for this thread

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

homebrew posted:

There is nothing like your reason, rationale and logic that accompanies every auspol discussion about death threats Fruity.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

[ASK] me about making murder threats and telling people to kill themselves on Facebook using my primary personal account while in the employ of a political party

Pickled Tink posted:

Last month we had a pretty good thread for the most part. Interesting things were discussed, the shitposting was at tolerable levels, etc. Even some lurkers felt confident enough to come out of the woodwork and post, or resume posting again. What could have change- Oh, hi Fruity. Guess that explains that.

Seriously, don't you lot have a chat thread somewhere else on the forums to get your more egregious shitposting out of your systems?

All three of you boring, snivelling nerds should eat my butt imo

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

e: This isn't the thread i thought it was

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Pickled Tink posted:

Anyway, content:

Coalition bounces back in poll, despite leadership doubts (Check the URL to see what the article was originally named).
It looks like we are safe from a Morrison reich. The more right wing of the party seem to have settled on Bishop as Abbott's replacement if poo poo gets that far.

You may all breathe a small sigh of relief.

Mate you came back and just posted first dog. Go back to where you came from.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
I'm a lurker and wholeheartedly approve of both fruity and firstdog

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
In Melbourne for work this week being subjected to KIIS101.1 it's truly something awful. Anyway going to be in Sandringham what's good eating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I've seen better threads on a decrepitly old adidas tracksuit

• Locked thread