Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't know if Hauntzer or Avalon have been watching LPL but the successful top Hecarims almost always go two tank items first. Hecarim with Tabis and Triforce after both ADCs on the other team have last whispers is a worthless turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

Firebert posted:

I don't know if Hauntzer or Avalon have been watching LPL but the successful top Hecarims almost always go two tank items first. Hecarim with Tabis and Triforce after both ADCs on the other team have last whispers is a worthless turd.
I think Jatt even mentioned that in commentary, saying most Chinese Hecs go Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart first.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage, triforce...

Are we talking about Hec or Nasus here?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Allaniis posted:

I think Jatt even mentioned that in commentary, saying most Chinese Hecs go Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart first.

Yeah, Hecarim has always been a champ that scales his damage on CDR. Getting the triforce for procs on cooldown is good late game but getting tank and walking into the other team will let him do more damage late game.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

NovemberMike posted:

He's normally pretty good when he doesn't pick AP runes on Vi.

Yeah, he basically started Karth jungle and is an amazing fiddlesticks with just absurd gank paths, he's pretty much been the standout player in every Challenger team he's been on. That said, AP Vi is perhaps not a good innovation...

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

foutre posted:

Yeah, he basically started Karth jungle and is an amazing fiddlesticks with just absurd gank paths, he's pretty much been the standout player in every Challenger team he's been on. That said, AP Vi is perhaps not a good innovation...

Just wait until he perfects it and it becomes the new terror of solo queue

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Watching wfx vs clg and heard this:

Jatt posted:

All Winterfox can do at this point is pray that CLG just d/c's

:laffo:

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I remember back in the day a few seasons ago Azingy was the only one playing Maokai top and it seemed really different and interesting back then.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I feel like Liquid is going to loose today to CLG.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Calax posted:

I feel like Liquid is going to loose today to CLG.

I guess they'd better tighten up :v:

Anyway
GV - Cst
C9 - Wfx
Tip - TSM
CLG - TL
T8 - Dig

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Freaksaus posted:

I guess they'd better tighten up :v:

Anyway
GV - Cst
C9 - Wfx
Tip - TSM
CLG - TL
T8 - Dig

I agree with these, I just hope today's games are more competitive but it's not looking like it in particular with this schedule.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

The only ones I'm really seeing as not being one sided is the C9 WFX game and the T8 Dig game.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
T8 vs Dig should be either a terribly boring game or a fun slopfest.

Agree with the predictions but I think T8 might be able to beat Dig.

Jatt smacktalking LS and calling him a Korean copycat, haha. Though he's right that the P/B yesterday was pretty bad.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
T8 vs. Dig should be a fun bloodbath.

Don't really see Winterfox holding up against C9 unless C9 massively shits the bed. Avalon seems outclassed and Balls is still one of the best.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Leather jackets won't win you the LCS.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

T8 vs. Dig should be a fun bloodbath.

Don't really see Winterfox holding up against C9 unless C9 massively shits the bed. Avalon seems outclassed and Balls is still one of the best.

Winterfox beat C9 last time and they can do it again :unsmigghh:

Unless C9 is back babay, with their innovative world first inventive picks such as mid Zed and jungle Rek'sai.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Were there any decent games yesterday?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The T8 - TiP game was some kind of wild throwfest with an out of nowhere surprise ending if that's your sort of thing, otherwise no.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

theshim posted:

Were there any decent games yesterday?

Yes T8 vs TiP was a high quality game

edit: damnit beaten

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Phrasing posted:

Leather jackets won't win you the LCS.

Haha yea.... Well it does win you the coolest lcs team award, as well as the biggest badasses in lcs award, and the sexiest gamers award. So it wins you a lot of things. But not lcs.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
1-17 the dream

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Coast's execution is so bad. Even with all the chances Gravity gave them and a weak lane (Ez beats Kass), they can't do poo poo.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I feel like ezreal goes even or loses every single matchup in mid. Also Kassadin started flask and ez started Dblade so it's pretty much impossible to slug through all of that sustain without getting yourself super low.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He does go even or lose every matchup, it's the mid game power spike that people value

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

everyone go on kassadin.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Watching these guys play is painful

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

"Competitive" league of legends

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I just pray our dark Lourde azingy carries today

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
This game makes me sad because of the impending Veigar nerfs :(

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he was a counterpick to Kass mid - I remember them talking about it on OGN anyways.

Either way Coast is bad and will be gone soon.

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
Reminder that Cris had the highest kda of any top laner week one :lol:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Impaler picking Rengar with absolutely no other champion to setup Rengar engagements is about as effective as I thought it would be.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Cris dropped his ultimate on his own team's backline before Gravity even engaged on them and then he walked forward and died :downs:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Coast: 1 kill 1 turret 1 win

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I don't pay attention to the Challenger series, but is there a team that is clearly better than Coast in there right now?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he was a counterpick to Kass mid - I remember them talking about it on OGN anyways.

Either way Coast is bad and will be gone soon.

I think it is okay against any assassin midlaner in that it's hard to kill your opponent. Jatt seems to think Ezreal should have won the lane but I dont think that's possible without a massive skill deficit in the matchup.

NTT posted:

He does go even or lose every matchup, it's the mid game power spike that people value

yea the triforce / muramana is insane

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Flash into a wall followed by completely missing the equalizer.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Schiavona posted:

I don't pay attention to the Challenger series, but is there a team that is clearly better than Coast in there right now?

Coast unfairly robbed us of the Maknoon dream to poo poo up this season and for that they cannot be forgiven.

Cris flashing into a wall and ulting nothing for no reason whatsoever was the highlight play of this game for sure.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Schiavona posted:

NME looks pretty good.

Fusion is a bit better now that they're not choking (Nien is still a very good ADC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
gently caress you, Cris. Your new personal goal is "Hit a skillshot". I'll even be generous - Flash counts.

• Locked thread