Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
4 months? hosed up long wait if true.

Kanye's performance of Runaway and Power on SNL from 2010 was his best on that show and possibly the best performance of any artist on that show in the past 10 years.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
That's Kanye's (and mine's) birthday

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

4 months? hosed up long wait if true.

what made you think it would come out before June/summer?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

thathonkey posted:

what made you think it would come out before June/summer?

There's been so many tracks coming out lately that I was expecting it to be sooner. Plus, it was originally rumored to be out last year.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
It's fake you guys

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
There's only one person who really knows when the album is done and that is yeezus. He could say it comes out Saturday, then change his mind and never even release it. Do not question his ways, praise yeezus.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Is this true would he do that

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
He changed the title and the tracklist of MBDTF loads in between its announcement and its release.

Also, isn't the iTunes release and CD release of Yeezus different because he changed his mind about something after it was sent to manufacture?

anything576
Sep 26, 2010

Answers Me posted:

He changed the title and the tracklist of MBDTF loads in between its announcement and its release.

Also, isn't the iTunes release and CD release of Yeezus different because he changed his mind about something after it was sent to manufacture?

I'm not sure about Yeezus, but according to Rick Rubin, Only One ended up changing the day after its release

Rick Rubin posted:

I was in St. Barths two days before the single came out. Kanye said, “I’m thinking about putting out ‘Only One’ tomorrow at midnight.” I said, “Should we mix it?” He was like, “It hasn’t really changed — it’s pretty much what it was.” I hadn’t heard it in almost two months, so I asked him to send it to me, and he did. And I said, “I think this can sound better than it does.” We never really finished it finished it.

So we called all the engineers — and I’m trying to get all this to happen all remotely — and we got maybe three different engineers. This is the day before New Year’s Eve, and we’re all finding studio time, getting the files. Then they all start sending me mixes. I thought one was better than the others, and Kanye agreed. One guy mastered it, because it was due, and they turned it in. I had another guy master it, and it was better, but it was already too late. I think it switched the following morning. It was in real time! Like as soon as it was better, we had to switch it.

That’s how it works in Kanye world. It used to really give me anxiety, but now I just know that’s what it is. That’s how he likes to work.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Apparently Kanye was doing an interview on a breakfast radio show somewhere this morning and said a bunch of misogynistic poo poo and kind of defended pedophilia or something - can anyone elaborate?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

bubblelubble posted:

Apparently Kanye was doing an interview on a breakfast radio show somewhere this morning and said a bunch of misogynistic poo poo and kind of defended pedophilia or something - can anyone elaborate?

He said some poo poo about Tyga dating Kylie "He got in early" I assume he got a Kardashian or whatever early.

Also he basically poo poo all over Amber Rose.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Skeezy posted:

He said some poo poo about Tyga dating Kylie "He got in early" I assume he got a Kardashian or whatever early.

Also he basically poo poo all over Amber Rose.

"Defending pedophilia" is a bit of stretch, though, the age of consent in California is 18. And Kanye's comments about Amber Rose are more petty and personally immature than broadly misogynistic. If Kanye's going to be called misogynistic he's had plenty of lyrics that fit the bill much more than that. These really aren't worth discussing that much though.

The rest of the interview is honestly pretty tame and he comes across a lot clearer and composed than he did in the Yeezus era. This interview is pretty good as well if you're interested in 'Ye fashion: http://www.style.com/trends/fashion/2015/kanye-west-adidas-originals-interview

BOAT SHOWBOAT fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 21, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh hey, Kanye officially did All Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWTocA7RXfY&t=6332s

1:46 mark

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Dexo posted:

Oh hey, Kanye officially did All Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWTocA7RXfY&t=6332s

1:46 mark

taytay's white girl dancing next to kim lol

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
New link http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2i476h_kanye-west-debuts-all-day-at-the-brit-awards_news

Between this and Only One I am at a complete loss for this album.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Kinda sad that despite watching the BRITS live last night I had no idea what this song actually sounded like until today because of the ridiculous butchering job the censors pulled on the live broadcast. What was the point in even airing the performance if they were going to cut it up like that? It sounded worse than listening to a youtube vid that won't buffer properly.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rn0hDB6Z8k

Cliff notes:
Calling himself a genius isn't a good way to get respect
FASHION
Cries when talking about Louise Wilson
FASHION
Drake is the hottest rapper out
The guitar is a percussion instrument
New album will be about the joy and the struggle, not just struggle (Yeezus)
New album this year

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
Freddie Green would agree with his assessment of the guitar

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

temple posted:

Cliff notes:
FASHION
FASHION
New album this year

i think ye is gay

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Judge Clayjar posted:

i think ye is gay

frank ocean hopin so

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
e: duplicate link.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 27, 2015

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Judge Clayjar posted:

i think ye is gay

Well he is male and likes Drake :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

no ring

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Streaming at yeezy.cx

temple posted:

Cliff notes:
FASHION
FASHION
New album this year

Anyone know if the video edit is the same as the aired audio? There are some noticeable cuts and some of Ye's digressions might have been interesting.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

"So Help Me God" is a decent album title but it's no "Good rear end Job"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

GET MONEY posted:

Anyone know if the video edit is the same as the aired audio? There are some noticeable cuts and some of Ye's digressions might have been interesting.
IDK.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The album has supposedly been submitted to Def Jam

https://instagram.com/p/zrJv0GlrZ1/

"Leaked" (Most likely fake) Tracklist

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Uncensored CDQ of All Day

Don't know if it's final or not

http://www.audiomack.com/song/straightfreshdotnet/all-day-3

ahh

different verses from the brit awards show so who knows

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 2, 2015

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
not kanyes voice

edit: here's an alright one from the BRIT awards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvDvsOJ34K8

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
when Ye says 'straight from the chi" it sounds like "straight from the shire" lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

echronorian posted:

when Ye says 'straight from the chi" it sounds like "straight from the shire" lol

HURRY UP WITH MY drat LEMBAS BREAD

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Intel&Sebastian posted:

HURRY UP WITH MY drat LEMBAS BREAD

In Devil in a New Dress, when Rick Ross says "God Bless the man I put this ice over," I always picture the scene in Return of the King where Aragorn is crowned King by Gandalf, only with Kanye as Aragorn and Rick Ross as Gandalf.

An all hip hop Lord of the Rings short movie would be dope as heck is what I'm saying.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

In Devil in a New Dress, when Rick Ross says "God Bless the man I put this ice over," I always picture the scene in Return of the King where Aragorn is crowned King by Gandalf, only with Kanye as Aragorn and Rick Ross as Gandalf.

An all hip hop Lord of the Rings short movie would be dope as heck is what I'm saying.

suge knight is the mad king and lil wayne voices the eye

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Something Afwul

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
glad i'm not the only one who attaches such crazy, vivid, highly fictional scenarios to my silly personal interpretations of random rap lyrics

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epi Lepi posted:

this is the gooniest thing i ever read

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If anything that should be hitting your brain as a Song of Ice and Fire reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
e: I'm an idiot.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 3, 2015

• Locked thread