Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hagop posted:

Yes you can. Thought if doors have 10x the heath they used to this is going to take a long rear end time.

Has spear damage against walls been patched? Pretty easy to get an inventory full of spears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

DOOMocrat posted:

Has spear damage against walls been patched? Pretty easy to get an inventory full of spears.

patch notes posted:

Increased base health by 10 times.

Melee weapons will now lose more durability when hitting player built structures that are made of metal.

So I am guessing you can still spear your way in it will just take a hell of a lot longer. Which seems fair to me.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I wonder how many IEDs it'll take to open a door.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tab8715 posted:

One hostage, they double the amount of zombies with at least 20-30 outside the police station.

It makes the game much more difficult as you don't want to waste your ammo on zombies but any melee fight you'll still lose health.

Not sure what you're saying here, are there certain servers which have increased zombie amounts?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Not sure what you're saying here, are there certain servers which have increased zombie amounts?

Yes, they only unfortunate change is they rarely drop anything.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Tab8715 posted:

They really aren't great against structures. Before the patch I did some testing and one won't even take a quarter off of a metal door.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
They changed the recipe for crafting a backpack. I cant figure it out.

Edit. Figured it out.

South fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 25, 2015

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

They really aren't great against structures. Before the patch I did some testing and one won't even take a quarter off of a metal door.

I thought at one point it only took two?

Anyway, this makes IEDs useless.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Tab8715 posted:

This makes me want to kill a bear with one.

One of us is gonna die.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Tab8715 posted:

I thought at one point it only took two?

I am not sure the heath bars lined up well with the door heath last patch. I seemed like it took 3 quarters of the total take down time to get through the first quarter of the health bar.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

:siren: The Q key to push off a zombie isn't working, don't get grabbed, it'll kill you :siren:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

DOOMocrat posted:

:siren: The Q key to push off a zombie isn't working, don't get grabbed, it'll kill you :siren:

tried rebinding it? i haven't played since the patch but if shoving off won't work at all... :stare:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hotfix coming.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Soon, I hope. The shove is vital to my recent bow-free style of playing. If you time them right you can quickly and easily kill any zombie with even a branch.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
You guys sure have had a different gameplay experience than I. After about 10 hours played I've yet to see another player on the Redemption server (or any other I've tried). I've only died to zombies, wolves, and starvation but I'm awful at this type of game anyway so that's no surprise to me. I think I'll wait until the hacker situation gets ironed out... if I'm this bad on a zero population server I'd get absolutely wrecked anywhere else :( I don't have a mic so I guess I can't play with goons.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

There is zero reason to die of starvation. Get on that Blackberry grind.

I am playing on Ground Zero and on occasion, Romero. Romero is few and far between, but I run into people on GZ all the time. I think that's where most goons are playing.

If you don't have a mic, you can usually use a webcam. If you don't have a webcam, you can scream DON'T SHOOT ME into a pair of earbuds plugged into your mic port.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 25, 2015

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
you deserve to get diarrhoea if you're surviving off of blackberries

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

King Vidiot posted:

So is this game worth buying now for any reason? I've been wanting to give an open-world zombie sandbox game a shot and I heard this one was now "the best" but all this talk about hackers murdering me in minutes has me a little wary. It'd probably be funny the first few times it happens, but not if it's every single time I respawn. I'm not paying 20 bucks so a twelve-year-old kid can jack off over the power of inconveniencing people.

Emergent gameplay like this makes it sound amusing though.

It's not. Maybe when its Free to Play it might be worth it to gently caress around a bit.

Hackers everywhere, barely any zombies. Every single type of hack you can think of is possible in their game engine, which is completely inexcusable considering that every other type of game like this is also filled with the same hacks and they really should have seen it coming.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Tab8715 posted:

The real question is how many IED's it will take to blow up a speeding car driving carelessly down a road.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Do you know of any other unguarded set gun spawns? There's almost always a shotgun in the rich outskirts of Pleasant Valley, x-173, x-868. I'm pretty sure one of the backyards on the Northeastern side of Lone Pine ALWAYS has a .308. I've checked several times, and there's almost always 2-4 rounds and a shotty.

Edit: If you are on Ground Zero and check this out watch for land mines :ssh:

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 26, 2015

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Dvsilverwing posted:

The real question is how many IED's it will take to blow up a speeding car driving carelessly down a road.

IEDs are timed to 15 seconds, that would be a landmine.

I've also noticed landmines tend to be bugged or delayed?

Vittek
Nov 8, 2006
Some of the little stores also spawn a shotgun under the counter. But its actually glued to the top of it. So you'll have to crouch and look up to see it.

South
Apr 9, 2001

Any suggestions on where to build a base? I was thinking around 2813, -2521in the north west, or 2687, 860 in the north center.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

South posted:

Any suggestions on where to build a base? I was thinking around 2813, -2521in the north west, or 2687, 860 in the north center.

Bases are like big "free loot" signs to people with axes, craft a shovel and use dirt mound stashes if you want to store stuff. They're a little noticeable if you have an eye for them but if you can get one in a bush or something off the beaten path I don't know how a non-hacker would find it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Knightmare posted:

Bases are like big "free loot" signs to people with axes, craft a shovel and use dirt mound stashes if you want to store stuff. They're a little noticeable if you have an eye for them but if you can get one in a bush or something off the beaten path I don't know how a non-hacker would find it.

They upped the health x10 with the latest patch.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Tab8715 posted:

They upped the health x10 with the latest patch.

Yeah, and as a note don't gently caress up your large shelter placement unless you have an army of guys with axes.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

South posted:

Make sure your sources of scrap and wood aren't too far away, I'd say. Also: Don't leave a hillside for someone to dome you with a .308. Put your crafting stations inside a shelter, for the same reason.

:siren: new glitch :soe:

Rebinding your shove key, then pressing it, speeds up melee attack speed in the current patch. You can get four machete or combat knife swings in the time of two.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DOOMocrat posted:

Make sure your sources of scrap and wood aren't too far away, I'd say. Also: Don't leave a hillside for someone to dome you with a .308. Put your crafting stations inside a shelter, for the same reason.

:siren: new glitch :soe:

Rebinding your shove key, then pressing it, speeds up melee attack speed in the current patch. You can get four machete or combat knife swings in the time of two.

Ooo, I gotta try that. Maybe now I'll have a chance at killing someone with melee before they run away.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

With location based damage on melee swings, I can use this trick to drop someone or get them to 20% and moderately bleeding with a machete in about a second. Made a character on Misery called KillOnSight and have been YOLO attacking everything. It's amusing because people see your name, stop talking, and throw down.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So what server are you guys on now? Got this game a few days ago and need to team up.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012

zapplez posted:

So what server are you guys on now? Got this game a few days ago and need to team up.

Ground zero seems to be the place to be.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I'm playing on the Hatred server with some real life friends.

There is a really weird group of what I assume are Asian players. They all have a three digit number for a name like 601 or 520. The leaders names are a G followed buy two digits like G19. Its kind of like a queen bee and worker bees. The G's are always armed with a shotgun or AR and the Numbered guys only have really basic gear. They G's always travel with a group of Numbers, but the Numbers can be alone or in groups. If they are alone they will say they are friendly but if they are in a group they will attack. Its really weird. They have a huge base straight north of Ranchito Taquito

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
I play on that server from time to time and I have run into those guys too. If you see me, don't shoot!

E: How loving cool would it be to goonrush their base? Goons don't do fun stuff anymore :(

Legdiian fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 2, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i don't play because cheaters still exist and dgc hasn't done anything about em

South
Apr 9, 2001

Legdiian posted:

I play on that server from time to time and I have run into those guys too. If you see me, don't shoot!

E: How loving cool would it be to goonrush their base? Goons don't do fun stuff anymore :(

What is your ingame name? Mine is Illusive.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
Legdiian.

I'm not on very often but I'll keep my eyes open!

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Blazing Zero posted:

i don't play because cheaters still exist and dgc hasn't done anything about em

They do, but they don't go into detail much as to not reveal to the hackers how they're finding them. Reddit has some people in the cheater forums that screenshot people whining about getting banned and stuff. Most patches have some sort of anticheat stuff in it I believe.

That said, there will always be hackers and I'd be surprised if it was mostly-hacker free when this does become F2P.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
This game is dominated by hackers. PV is just a hacker shootout on my server, every time.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The reporting-on-death feature has mostly gotten rid of speed hacks and instant kills. What it hasn't gotten rid of is object detection and clipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i don't really care about anecdotes from reddit or here. i logged in yesterday during primetime on blackout and no one was near me out in the woods, then a dude was on top of me voice blasting allah ackbar as i instadied. i reported and closed the client.

hackers are still in charge of the game.

• Locked thread