Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Aha! The real joke is on you all in that Simpsons Hit and Run is actually a pretty decent game and has a buncha pretty good little nods hidden everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
man is there a good way to watch the Simpsons or is owning the DVDs the only way?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
You can either have this washer and dryer where the lovely Smithers is standing, or you trade it all in for what’s in this box.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

cmykjester posted:

man is there a good way to watch the Simpsons or is owning the DVDs the only way?

You need to be 'murican and have a subscription to FX, but simpsonsworld.com has every episode.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
MAD WORLD TIME

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-play-madworld-part-1/

(powered by Dolphin? lol.)

Holy poo poo, madworld looks PHENOMINAL in HD.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 2, 2015

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Oh no, someone has cancer, that's gotta be it. Which one of you has the incurable butt cancer so you're going out of your way to play all the fun games back to back?

EDIT: Also god drat Black Baron especially his boss fight is the best part of Madworld.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 2, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
In case anyone was curious, the only Platinum games that the Zaibatsu haven't made at least 1 video about (yet) are Infinite Space, Bayo 1, and Vanquish.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I think Woolie might be dead after the end of the Simpsons Mystery Box.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You guys gotta stop talking about music and other game audio that we can't hear at all

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Max is taking up the challenge to beat Biofreaks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Time for me to have my Old Man Moment! I hate it when streamers have some loud soundbite that plays whenever someone subscribes to them and then the streamer thanks the person profusely for subscribing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Eh, thanking them is just a nice gesture but the sound clips are a bit annoying. Some streamers set theirs to play loud jump scare sounds when they're streaming horror games so that it scares them, and that's just a nuisance to the people watching, really.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Time for me to have my Old Man Moment! I hate it when streamers have some loud soundbite that plays whenever someone subscribes to them and then the streamer thanks the person profusely for subscribing.

Yeah, for as much as I like Max as a dude, those sound effects and outbursts are really unwelcome. I won't begrudge the banner, because you should show appreciation for people liking you enough to give you money, but it shouldn't interrupt the stream itself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I once watched a dude who was playing FTL on Twitch because he was doing some ~impossible run~ and apparently he has a big following, whenever he'd get a new subscriber it'd play an annoying sound clip and he'd do the exact same "welcome doobuhdeedoodly" spiel and dance, every single time.

It's possible to do it well, there was one fellow who had a quiet legend of zelda chime and quick "thanks for subscribing!" as he played instead of "WHOOOOAAA BOY THANK YA SO MUCH BUDDY! BIG INTERNET HUGS" that often needed pausing of the game to do

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I once watched a dude who was playing FTL on Twitch because he was doing some ~impossible run~ and apparently he has a big following, whenever he'd get a new subscriber it'd play an annoying sound clip and he'd do the exact same "welcome doobuhdeedoodly" spiel and dance, every single time.

It's possible to do it well, there was one fellow who had a quiet legend of zelda chime and quick "thanks for subscribing!" as he played instead of "WHOOOOAAA BOY THANK YA SO MUCH BUDDY! BIG INTERNET HUGS" that often needed pausing of the game to do

Yeah, my golden rule with all of those gimmicks is that as long as they don't interrupt or distract from the game itself, well, it's pretty hard to object to that. I also wouldn't mind if before or after a break they just showed all the subscribers/donations on one splash screen, blast those sound clips to the heavens, then move on. That whole obnoxious automatic Internet hug mega-graphic and noise coming up constantly does probably really get more donations than a more subdued response; that's why I don't really hold it against Max, dude's gotta eat.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm actually surprised at how subdued Max's is

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

tower of druaga posted:

You guys gotta stop talking about music and other game audio that we can't hear at all

The balance of audio is really tough. We turned down the commentary, and the music a bit, cuz we can't have all the heavy lyrics of the music, the two commentators, and us going all at the same time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Madworld is a bad game to lp.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I don't think so. We've had 2 recording sessions of it, and i'm having a great time. *shrugs*

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not saying it's a bad game, I'm saying it's bad to LP because the game is very audio-based due to the dialogue, music, and commentary. It makes it difficult to get the game across in a good way beyond anything that's visceral while two guys talk over it. It's not anything against your commentary, but Proops and Dimaggio are like half of the reason the game is great.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

In the early game, that might be true, but as you go deeper into it, the story takes center stage, and it gets crazy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Freaks difficulty is Ed Boon personally punching you in the face

I know boon didn't make this game but he's still the puncher

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 2, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

cmykjester posted:

You can buy and watch the first three seasons through Youtube, I imagine more seasons are to come.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Mystery box 2 came out at the perfect time... I was binge watching the treehouse of horrors all Sunday long

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey Matt, I was wondering, how often do you guys do postmortems on the games you've finished LPing? Like, with SMRPG, it feels like they were just in a rush to get out of there by the end, but I'd love to hear/watch even a 15 minute video about what they thought of the game, liked/disliked, etc after looking back on it once they've finished it. I feel like it'd be a nice cap to each LP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's kinda obvious what the issue with Life is Strange's dialogue is: the writing team is a bunch of French dudes trying to write American teenager speech based on whatever 90's high school flick made it overseas. If you went over the script and excised all the "slang" and outdated clichés, you'd have a decent coming-of-age-with-magical-powers story. To be fair, even with "awesome sauce" thrown in, it's still decent, but they just wreck the setting loving up those details. I like the pseudo riot grrl kid rocking out to indie-folk and pop-rock tho.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Silentman0 posted:

In case anyone was curious, the only Platinum games that the Zaibatsu haven't made at least 1 video about (yet) are Infinite Space, Bayo 1, and Vanquish.

Oh man I'd kill for a full LP of Vanquish.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've listened to the last few minutes of podcast #81 like 10 times. That was the best way to end a podcast. I love Pat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

It's kinda obvious what the issue with Life is Strange's dialogue is: the writing team is a bunch of French dudes trying to write American teenager speech based on whatever 90's high school flick made it overseas. If you went over the script and excised all the "slang" and outdated clichés, you'd have a decent coming-of-age-with-magical-powers story.

So it actually IS a David Cage game then :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Still better than Obscure and Obscure 2 dialogue though.

Like, I'm not joking, at least Max has an actual personality compared to the casts of those games.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Compendium posted:

Still better than Obscure and Obscure 2 dialogue though.

Like, I'm not joking, at least Max has an actual personality compared to the casts of those games.

Oh my Lord, you're hella right!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

So it actually IS a David Cage game then :v:

Reserving judgement until Max goes back in time to fix a broken zombie dick.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

French depictions of America are in the uncanny valley of national stereotypes. Too close to be hilarious, too far to be taken seriously.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey Matt, I was wondering, how often do you guys do postmortems on the games you've finished LPing? Like, with SMRPG, it feels like they were just in a rush to get out of there by the end, but I'd love to hear/watch even a 15 minute video about what they thought of the game, liked/disliked, etc after looking back on it once they've finished it. I feel like it'd be a nice cap to each LP.

That's actually not a bad idea, man!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh heh, I thought you had done them before and I couldn't remember what games they were for, you've not done them at all? :v:

Must be thinking of spoilercasts.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh heh, I thought you had done them before and I couldn't remember what games they were for, you've not done them at all? :v:

Maybe the panels? A lot of them have been look backs at recent LPs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hoobajoo posted:

Maybe the panels? A lot of them have been look backs at recent LPs.

I was hoping for something a bit more close to the end of an LP, as an epilogue of sorts.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I was hoping for something a bit more close to the end of an LP, as an epilogue of sorts.

I know, I would too, I just meant that maybe you were thinking of the panels, since those are sort of the closest thing they've done like that.

I'm totally on board for 10-30 minute retrospective videos, that'd be awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Captain Invictus posted:

It's usually during the credits that there's a bit of denouement, but a full analysis / opinion episode would be great!