Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
(3x)1x1, actually, maximize the bun/lettuce/tomato balance. and grilled onions, always grilled onions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am going to New Orleans/Austin at the end of the month.
What are the best burger places in these cities? And what chains in the area are worth checking/which should I avoid?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
eat a po boy in new orleans

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

This. I bet austin has some good burg spots tho

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
some brave soul with immense intestinal fortitude needs to do a side by side comparison of the big mac, the bonus jack and the big king.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I want a crawfish po boy now

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

I want a crawfish po boy now

they really are the best

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Dyna Soar posted:

Where? Central grocery or whatever it is called?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i think im about to burg

my buddy has a buy one get one coupon for big mac meals whutup

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't care what anyone says. Big Macs are good eating.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

want one now

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Hopper posted:

Where? Central grocery or whatever it is called?

idk, never been there but i guess you should get them everywhere there?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

I don't care what anyone says. Big Macs are good eating.

It wasn't bad but they need to be hot still to be remotely good. Mine had cooled off a bit in transit and was kinda lackluster as a result

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

It wasn't bad but they need to be hot still to be remotely good. Mine had cooled off a bit in transit and was kinda lackluster as a result

Full confession. I like cold McDonald's cheese burgers out of the fridge. Can't help it. When McDonald's did 34 cent cheese burgers when I was young and broke, I lived off them for a while. Still love them for some reason.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Norns posted:

Full confession. I like cold McDonald's cheese burgers out of the fridge. Can't help it. When McDonald's did 34 cent cheese burgers when I was young and broke, I lived off them for a while. Still love them for some reason.

:eyepop:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

Honestly I think cold would have been better than the lukewarm experience that I had

BK probably makes a better cold burger

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't get why McDonalds is so goddamn expensive. Like a #1 meal with a coke is close to $7. That's ridiculous.

Also the last time I went whatever I got, the bottom of the bun was like, freeze dried or over-microwaved to a point of hard chewiness. The burgs aren't even really burgers at this point. I'm afraid I'm not a fan.

Go look at a regular whopper, which (I believe) is cheaper than a Mac and just look at it side by side.

That being said, like once every 6 months I pretty much have to get a mac. Also, I haven't had them recently, but yes, fridge cheeseburgers from mcd's are oddly delicious. It's something about the weird space onions they use I think.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

I don't get why McDonalds is so goddamn expensive. Like a #1 meal with a coke is close to $7. That's ridiculous.

Also the last time I went whatever I got, the bottom of the bun was like, freeze dried or over-microwaved to a point of hard chewiness. The burgs aren't even really burgers at this point. I'm afraid I'm not a fan.

Go look at a regular whopper, which (I believe) is cheaper than a Mac and just look at it side by side.

That being said, like once every 6 months I pretty much have to get a mac. Also, I haven't had them recently, but yes, fridge cheeseburgers from mcd's are oddly delicious. It's something about the weird space onions they use I think.

That's like 1500+ calories for the medium, maybe 1000 if you get diet coke/water. $7 for 3/4 of your daily calories is a good deal.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

pentyne posted:

That's like 1500+ calories for the medium, maybe 1000 if you get diet coke/water. $7 for 3/4 of your daily calories is a good deal.

you're gonna be hungry 3 hours after that meal tho

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Large baconator combo is almost $12 here

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

Large baconator combo is almost $12 here

Owch.

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime
Brioche buns yes/no?

I think they are nice but too rich if you want more than 1 burger.

Also, expensive:

http://burgeranarchy.com/news/ms-ultimate-burger-buns

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Ive never had brioche with a burg afaik

I wouldn't mind a sourdough bun. Never had that either

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

driving while burgin

Its a vehicular burgacide.

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime

LeoMarr posted:

driving while burgin

Quote so people can see the enormous pic.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

driving while burgin

Toss that wretched lookin tomato and youre in business partner

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

her0n posted:

Brioche buns yes/no?

I think they are nice but too rich if you want more than 1 burger.

Also, expensive:

http://burgeranarchy.com/news/ms-ultimate-burger-buns

brioche rolls are really good so are pretzel rolls

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

her0n posted:

Quote so people can see the enormous pic.

mobile pic posting is a bad idea.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
get the imgur app and you too can mobile pic post

Or even just use the desktop site on mobile

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

you're gonna be hungry 3 hours after that meal tho

well yeah but that applies to any diet consisting of fried salty food and cheap beef.

Any take-out/fast food meal is generally going to be at least $5-6 and minimum. A big mac by itself is about $4, and in CA you can get 2 burgers for the same price and In-n-Out or a 1/3-1/4 burger at any of the tons of small time burger joints. A huge batch of fries/onion rings is cheaper too, maybe $2-3 for a styrofoam container packed to the brim.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 2, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Burgers that arent fast food are healthy as gently caress. I like a burger between lettuce so I taste the meat without the extra bread curttailing my ability to enjoy a hearty 1\4th pound of beef.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Now that Cook Out has some locations here it is by far the best and cheapest fast food burg imo. A tray with two sides and a drink is like ~$6 after tax iirc.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

LeoMarr posted:

Burgers that arent fast food are healthy as gently caress. I like a burger between lettuce so I taste the meat without the extra bread curttailing my ability to enjoy a hearty 1\4th pound of beef.

Even fast food burgers aren't really that bad. It's the fries and gallon of soda that'll get you.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
club soda 4 lyfe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ron Jeremy posted:

Even fast food burgers aren't really that bad. It's the fries and gallon of soda that'll get you.

I dont drink soda so I can gorge on some mean fries.

I eat a burg a day mostly homemade

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

I dont drink soda so I can gorge on some mean fries.

I eat a burg a day mostly homemade

6-8 oz. of meat is a healthy amount. It's fried food and HFCS that will gently caress your body up.

A Big Mac has 460 calories, which is pretty much a healthy meal by itself. It may not be filling because a lot of the calories come from fat and bread but by itself in a healthy diet it's completely fine. Even a double quarter pounder is 740 calories, which can be a complete meal by itself.

The fast food trend of sandwich +fries/side and a soda is probably one of the leading causes of obesity as people gulp down 500+ calories of sugar while chowing down not realizing they've eaten at least 2x as much as the actual burger.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 2, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
soda is so loving gross

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I enjoy a good soda with my fries and burger thank you very much.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i just cant drink it anymore

maybe if its got sugar instead of hfcs and has a lto of ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Ice cold coke w real sugar goes excellent with any burg :colbert:

• Locked thread