Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm a big fan of his silent tears as his scheme to take control of Dennis' plot with the Waitress blows up in his face in Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
To backtrack a bit: The Gang Runs for Office has the best cut to title :colbert:

Tom P. Baxter
Apr 26, 2005
How do you know my language!?!?!
I didn't get the show at first, couldn't get through more than a minute or two. I'd heard good things but the characters were just so nasty. I finally watched "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis." I was laughing pretty hard the whole time, then completely lost my poo poo at the end of it. I've since seen every episode many times. I could only get one friend to like it, and he didn't really care for it before I showed him a full episode. I don't remember the episode I showed him, it might have been the same one. I think that's a good episode to start with and pretty easy to follow, except for not knowing who Bruce is. Actually, that might have made it even funnier and it can be easily explained in a few seconds.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Tom P. Baxter posted:

I didn't get the show at first, couldn't get through more than a minute or two. I'd heard good things but the characters were just so nasty. I finally watched "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis." I was laughing pretty hard the whole time, then completely lost my poo poo at the end of it. I've since seen every episode many times. I could only get one friend to like it, and he didn't really care for it before I showed him a full episode. I don't remember the episode I showed him, it might have been the same one. I think that's a good episode to start with and pretty easy to follow, except for not knowing who Bruce is. Actually, that might have made it even funnier and it can be easily explained in a few seconds.

Solves the Gas Crisis is my go-to episode to show new people. That and Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I just finished watching every episode. I barely watch tv but stumbled on this show somehow when I was bored one day and binge watched on netflix. I'm really depressed that I can't binge watch anymore.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Doghouse posted:

I just finished watching every episode. I barely watch tv but stumbled on this show somehow when I was bored one day and binge watched on netflix. I'm really depressed that I can't binge watch anymore.

Next what you do is go through and rewatch them, but focus on the characters who are not delivering lines for their facial expressions and reactions. That's the great part about Sunny; it was practically made to be rewatched.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I've been looking forward to this for months!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Brock Samson posted:

I've been looking forward to this for months!

Same, I have such high expectations, I hope I'm not let down. I love the Feud

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

JakeP posted:

Same, I have such high expectations, I hope I'm not let down. I love the Feud

The opening was pretty weak, hopefully it gets better.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I hope they place this like it's a real god drat episode.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This is gonna be incredible.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Another great use of cinematography. This looks absolutely terrifying.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

:lol:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Hahaha Dee you whore.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

:love: Keegan.

:laffo: Dragon was correct.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How the gently caress is dragon an answer?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol Charlie took the survey didnt he

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Charlie's answer was exactly as awesome as I'd hoped.

And it's on the board! :laffo:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Keegan is also nailing it.
This episode is great. Episode of the season already.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Ah, Dennis' one weakness, the Family Feud buzzer.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

kefkafloyd posted:

Ah, Dennis' one weakness, the Family Feud buzzer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8u4CEBVq7s

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

haha Toe knife makes a return.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yeah, Charlie totally took the survey.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

The NightMan!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brock Samson posted:

The NightMan!

I do not even know what that is

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

:vince:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Fainted onto the fart keychain.

Wow, Dennis has really fallen apart this season.

Broken Box fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 5, 2015

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
And naturally the 5-1pt answers from Charlie would've won the game.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Probably Infected posted:

And naturally the 5-1pt answers from Charlie would've won the game.

I hadn't even made that connection.

That set must have cost a fortune.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I was really looking forward to this episode since I heard about it and was a little disappointed. Maybe it's because I built it up so much but the first act was kind of flat for me. Mac screwing up the game rules was good as was Charlie (Cottage Cheese killed it), but Dee wasn't funny until she broke the buzzer and I didn't think Frank was worth a anything until he killed every answer which was great. Dennis was good in the middle but the end part with him on the ground was kind of weak. This season is just weirdly uneven to me so far but it's still better than 95% of what's on tv.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah, overall this was my least favorite episode this season, but overall I'd say this season has been killing it.

This episode of Man Seeking Woman has been phenomenal though. I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread for it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Dennis has been super lame.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
I feel like I spent more time fast-forwarding through commercials than I did watching the actual show.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hugh Manturd and Vlad Putin have been busy I see.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Drakkar Noir callback with Mac :toot:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

An episode where the Gang is forced to interact with sane people and the sane people recoil in horror will never not be funny to me. Especially now that it's been firmly established that Dennis is the most messed up of them and has lost all ability to interact with the normal people.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Loved this episode. For one thing, it was funny. For another, I love Family Feud. But there's another reason.

Earlier today, I was talking to my sister-in-law. We both telecommute for the company we both work for, and we were watching Family Feud. One of the questions was, I think, name something that a police officer might expect to find in a suspect's pants. Something like that. Four answers. Gun? yes. Knife? yes. Drugs? I think that was there. Nobody got the fourth one. It ended up being ridiculous, like a small wild animal. Not even very much of an innuendo, just... some critter. Police expect to find animals in the pants of those they arrest. I told my sis-in-law that it looks like there might have been a Peter Griffin in the survey. (An episode of Family Guy had Peter getting the all important last point in Fast Money by giving a ridiculous answer; when Lois asks how he knew that was in there, he states matter-of-factly that he was in the survey.)

Then this episode happened, and on the same night. Pretty cool!

And I loved that Frank gave a series of very good answers, hitting #1 with each one. It would have been cheap to have him go nuts. I didn't see the sudden burst of normalcy coming!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

tarlibone posted:

And I loved that Frank gave a series of very good answers, hitting #1 with each one. It would have been cheap to have him go nuts. I didn't see the sudden burst of normalcy coming!

And to have Dennis do the same.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Frank was at least once a very successful (if not normal) person, so I always imagine he's got like a 50/50 shot of being able to pass in regular society, depending on where his head's at that day. None of the other characters can really do that, outside of rare moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Good lord that was an amazing episode. I hope they just keep making this forever.