Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Agent Interrobang posted:

Generally you get two supers, a Z-soul or two, and then finally their Ultimate.

Getting Body Change from Ginyu was hilarious, I feel like 'trap builds' with it might be really viable. Basically you make a purposely terrible, underleveled character who just lets themselves get pummeled, then you CHAAAAAANGE NOWWWWWWWWWWW and use your opponent's body to kill yourself for the win. I love that this is actually a VALID TACTIC in a fighting game.

Huh, I got Orin, then Destructo Disk and then his Z-soul from Krillin in that order, might have to go back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Nuebot posted:

So I'm having a lot of trouble Z ranking story missions. Between all the cutscenes and the fact that you barely ever get to kill dudes, at least as far as I am. I frequently wind up with A ranks or lower. What's giving me trouble right now is the battle with nappa and vegeta. No matter what I do I can't seem to get any bonuses. Is there something different about story missions or am I just bad at this game?

I honestly have no idea how the ranking system works. I sometimes get C's on story missions despite doing them fast and not getting hit very much, B ranks on PQs with at least 12 bonuses and hidden objectives, or Z ranks on PQs without doing the hidden objective.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Further experimentation has been done: Parapara Dance + Body Change + intentionally lovely character is the trollingest poo poo I have ever done in a fighting game. You need four full bars of ki to make it work so you have to develop your character a LITTLE, but essentially you just let yourself get whaled-on until you're at 25% health, pop Parapara Dance right in a dude's face, then fire Body Change while they're stuck in boogie-mode and obliterate them with their own body. It only ever works on a dude in multiplayer ONCE, but once is enough for glorious satisfaction. There was more salt in those pubbie tears than the Dead Sea.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Zagrod posted:

I honestly have no idea how the ranking system works. I sometimes get C's on story missions despite doing them fast and not getting hit very much, B ranks on PQs with at least 12 bonuses and hidden objectives, or Z ranks on PQs without doing the hidden objective.

I did the PQ today for Great Saiyamen, and got the Z rank on it even though I lost it when Cell and Frieza got back up and wrecked both Videl and Gohan. I have no idea how the ranking works.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Further experimentation has been done: Parapara Dance + Body Change + intentionally lovely character is the trollingest poo poo I have ever done in a fighting game. You need four full bars of ki to make it work so you have to develop your character a LITTLE, but essentially you just let yourself get whaled-on until you're at 25% health, pop Parapara Dance right in a dude's face, then fire Body Change while they're stuck in boogie-mode and obliterate them with their own body. It only ever works on a dude in multiplayer ONCE, but once is enough for glorious satisfaction. There was more salt in those pubbie tears than the Dead Sea.

I wish we could edit the DBZ characters' move sets, because god drat do I want to give a Saibaman Parapara and Body Change just for trolling purposes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042347614/ Here I am on the steams, my Original Character Do Not Steal is the GE Brisk.

I'm aiming to make something magical out of the saiyaman helmet soon as I get my hands on it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I wish we could edit the DBZ characters' move sets, because god drat do I want to give a Saibaman Parapara and Body Change just for trolling purposes.

You can probably make one out of a Namekian or something

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Dan Didio posted:

It's weird because at first he doesn't have a question mark over his head once you've beaten the game, but if you leave and load in again, it should pop up and he should give it to you. So really, you have to talk to him twice for no real reason.

I finally got it to show up and it's loving Strike Supers. Oh well.. Goku's GT gear it is. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Can you get the Saibamen's self-destruct, actually? That'd be another hilarious build.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Is Naruto in this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You can make Naruto

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

uhhhhh

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Generally you get two supers, a Z-soul or two, and then finally their Ultimate.

Getting Body Change from Ginyu was hilarious, I feel like 'trap builds' with it might be really viable. Basically you make a purposely terrible, underleveled character who just lets themselves get pummeled, then you CHAAAAAANGE NOWWWWWWWWWWW and use your opponent's body to kill yourself for the win. I love that this is actually a VALID TACTIC in a fighting game.

Why wait? The body change ability can be used once per body. Your victim cannot swap back. Make a useless character with all Hercule's abilities and no damage (Ki or Otherwise). Fill his stats with Ki maybe just so you get multiple chances to pull it off.
You might need to also add in some sort of parallelization ability in order to attempt to chain in the bodyswap. Once you use the move it is disabled for the other person so using it at full health won't help your enemy; they'll be trapped inside of a weak character who can't hit for poo poo and has no useful ability.
Also in spite of what it says in the description body swap works in all VS matches but, NO PQs or storyline missions. So feel free to try it in a 2v2 or a 3v3 setting.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Started actually watching DBZ.

Gohan's robot. :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Also poison doesn't wear off. A saibaman poisoned me in one PQ and so I just spent the whole mission making annoying noises and slowly, but not life threateningly, losing minor amounts of HP.

EDIT: I really hate this saibamen mission. They're so annoying to deal with. There's always one that just floats off somewhere and spams blasts at you to interrupt any attacks.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 2, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So uh... Hercule's friendship bar doesn't go up when you use him as a helper.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

BattleCattle posted:

Started actually watching DBZ.

Gohan's robot. :(

He was the Yamcha of Automatons.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, are y'all talking about 16, because 16 owns and is rather unlike Yamcha (partly because he only gets clowned once and never comes back).

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Also, are y'all talking about 16, because 16 owns and is rather unlike Yamcha (partly because he only gets clowned once and never comes back).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You have to use his moves too. It just seems to go up much faster if you have them with you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Him being there isn't what gets it up, it's still using his moves, it just goes up faster when he watches you use his moves.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
16 really does own

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

how is this guy always online

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I still can't decide my new character should be a majin guy/girl or a freeza guy, no transformation really does bum me out in regards to Freeza Clan.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Is there any way to disable the leaderboards thing? I know its only like a second after every mission. But an additional second between finishing a mission and having to walk back to the counter is slightly annoying.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I still can't decide my new character should be a majin guy/girl or a freeza guy, no transformation really does bum me out in regards to Freeza Clan.

Yeah it's a bit of a let down but the freezas are cool. I'm still not entirely sure what kind of gimmicks they get, if any. The game seems like it really, really wants you to be a goku.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Freeza Clan fixes the lack of transformations by looking really good in shades

Nuebot posted:

Yeah it's a bit of a let down but the freezas are cool. I'm still not entirely sure what kind of gimmicks they get, if any. The game seems like it really, really wants you to be a goku.

Their main gimmick is that their ki blast is paralyzing if it hits, which is the perfect setup to any combo you want. It also pierces any other basic ki blasts from what I've seen

cams
Mar 28, 2003

People were talking about the time patrol outfit earlier... I have no idea how to get it. I've beaten the game, talked to everybody, the "ginyu force" 5 are in the PQ area, I talk to the robot, and he doesn't give me poo poo. Help?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok my turn to ask a question, anyone got a hang on what auto patrol actually is? I know its vaguely like a dragons dogma pawn kind of thing, however I have no clue how to hire other characters, or to have my character hired.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Nuebot posted:

Is there any way to disable the leaderboards thing? I know its only like a second after every mission. But an additional second between finishing a mission and having to walk back to the counter is slightly annoying.

Freezers are absolutely magical if you like to ki-cancel.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nuebot posted:

Really? Because it seems like human is preferred because of regenerating Ki which seems perfectly newbie friendly.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

No more standby :smith:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Does the level of the PQ you run matter in terms of building your mentors 'friendship meter'? I've been running the 17) Challenger Hercule over and over with 2x Gotenks, while spamming Glactic Donut and his meter seems to fill up only a tiny sliver of progress each time. Its such small progress that it's hard to determine if it is actually moving at all.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok my turn to ask a question, anyone got a hang on what auto patrol actually is? I know its vaguely like a dragons dogma pawn kind of thing, however I have no clue how to hire other characters, or to have my character hired.

No idea. I just logged on today and got some things. I notice if you are connected online but in an offline lobby, it is populated with online characters. I guess if someone hires you, you get stuff.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Shoehead posted:

No more standby :smith:

He was cranky, but in the end, he'll fight for someone he barely knows. :smith:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

People were talking about the time patrol outfit earlier... I have no idea how to get it. I've beaten the game, talked to everybody, the "ginyu force" 5 are in the PQ area, I talk to the robot, and he doesn't give me poo poo. Help?
Also can't get Great Saiyaman to show up on PQ30 so I can get his outfit =[

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

Frozenfries posted:

I finished the game last night as Afro Namek. GOTY. :haw:

Hell yes. Black Namekian supremacy:

This game is a loving blast and makes me feel like I'm 12 again.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Tenzarin posted:

It is nothing like monster hunter.

There is a Single Player you can progress through with kind of a barebones story, a lot of the game is in PQ's which are online unless you hire npc's or whatever. (i have only did them online)
PQ's are rated by stars and require you to progress your character to beat them.
Has character progression, albeit a lot differently then MH.
You form small groups of players to complete the missions.
It doesn't have a subscription, just buy to play.

I'm not saying the gameplay is like monster hunter, but the structure feels closer to a game like MH or PS then a full blown MMORPG.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I really need to get around to finishing the story, I have so many characters I want to make. Just finished Buu Saga.

I'm kind of annoyed that the stuffed all of Future Trunks' attacks and clothing into one PQ, and it's a PQ where you have to fight 6 different dudes, 4 of which are Super Saiyan. I guess I should go up to Trunks, kill him, see if he drops something and then Retry. I have no idea how to activate the Ultimate Finish here, either, or what it even is or what rewards are behind it.

I want Future Trunks' shows, and I'm curious if there's a hand item.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kelp Plankton posted:

how is this guy always online

I am the beacon in the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

teknologik posted:

There is a Single Player you can progress through with kind of a barebones story, a lot of the game is in PQ's which are online unless you hire npc's or whatever. (i have only did them online)
PQ's are rated by stars and require you to progress your character to beat them.
Has character progression, albeit a lot differently then MH.
You form small groups of players to complete the missions.
It doesn't have a subscription, just buy to play.

I'm not saying the gameplay is like monster hunter, but the structure feels closer to a game like MH or PS then a full blown MMORPG.

You can tell it does not play like an MMO because the gameplay has depth, and is enjoyable.

• Locked thread