Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I've been a huge fan of FiddlersThree Jagged Alliance 2 LP featuring the cast of Burn Notice, and unlikely as it is to be finished now, if there was any other military themed LP's that featured the same sort of get up. I read through the 7.62mm stories on the archive already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
perochialjoe's Dishonored LP just finished the main game. It's a first person narrative speed run LP. Somehow it's not an unbearable trainwreck like you'd think with that description, but instead absurd and hilarious and you should watch it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Xerophyte posted:

perochialjoe's Dishonored LP just finished the main game. It's a first person narrative speed run LP. Somehow it's not an unbearable trainwreck like you'd think with that description, but instead absurd and hilarious and you should watch it.

Speaking of, how are his STALKER LP's? I really wanted to get into the series, but after a few restarts I'm ready to call it quits and just watch someone play them.

Any other recommendations on STALKER LP's would be appreciated as well.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Perochialjoe's STALKER LPs are great. I've watched all of them and that's what got me into the series. :v: Those games become way more accessible when you've seen what you're supposed to do at all times/where's useful hidden stuff.

Also, I just tried to watch The Man with the Hat's Dead Space LP and all the links are dead :(

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Azran posted:

Perochialjoe's STALKER LPs are great. I've watched all of them and that's what got me into the series. :v: Those games become way more accessible when you've seen what you're supposed to do at all times/where's useful hidden stuff.

Also, I just tried to watch The Man with the Hat's Dead Space LP and all the links are dead :(
https://archive.org/details/LP_Dead_Space

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Azran posted:

DumbRodent is also currently working on a Dead Space LP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697968

Heck, the entire trilogy is being LPed at the moment.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Blind Sally posted:

DumbRodent is also currently working on a Dead Space LP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697968

Heck, the entire trilogy is being LPed at the moment.

gently caress yes. Thanks!

andreyin
Jul 31, 2014
Since Lowtax stopped doing videos for lovely Game Maker/Unity games, is there anyone else around doing them? I'd love to watch more of that.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Lunethex posted:

I want to read LPs of 4x games, strategy games in general, preferably ones already on the archive, content in the vein of Distant Worlds and Star Wars: Rebellion.

What are some good recommendations?

Provided that you like Star Trek, James315's Birth of the Federation LP is a good read.

Lindy Hopscotch
Mar 30, 2010

You know the story about the scorpion and the frog?

Ghostwoods posted:

Just finished watching CannibalK9's incredible LP of The Void (or Tension, as it was known in Russia). Wow. Truly amazing experience.

The game is beautiful, strange, eerie, and wildly imaginative, and CK9 handles it all with the grace and love that it deserves. My only regret is that it had to end. I know it's one of the recommended LPs at the start of this thread, but honestly, the write-up there doesn't do it justice.

I still hope that he'll do an LP of Cargo or Knock Knock some day.

I want to watch this one so bad but the sound on the videos doesnt work :(

nevermind i found it on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wZZ8SaLVU

Lindy Hopscotch fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 26, 2015

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

COUGH. Alternatively :v:

http://www.archive.org/details/LP_The_Void

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

TheVoid LP is what convinced me that LPs could be more than miscellaneous fun time chuckles and instead an actual artful experience that can communicate more than "hey check out this game".

Aiursrage2k
Jan 24, 2007
Anything by SGF Ive watched all his videos but the best is probably

Deadly premonition.

Eyeballs
System Shock 2

Slowbeefs
Dead 2 rights
Snatcher

Double Fines speed run of Psychonauts -- cant get any better then the old dev team of Psychonauts sitting around with a speedrunner.
Psychonauts "The SMK Speedrun

Rockelessmile - nick plays the weirdest indie games each day so who better to play this
Jazz Punk

Aiursrage2k fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 27, 2015

Aiursrage2k
Jan 24, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Has anyone seen a decent youtube LP of D4 yet? (The SWERY game that just came out a few days ago.) Pretty sure I will never get an Xbox One and the Giant Bomb Quicklook really made me want to see more. The game had me at strangling a guy with an oxygen mask on a plane. :allears:

Something called DSP gaming has done it, but the guy is immediately kinda shouty and annoying.

SGF is doing it right now. Hes the only one that could do it after the D4 and spy fiction LPs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y7Jkoyj4E0&list=PLaSPgE4K0SB2mjG6ykaskASNQp5iCuVrL&index=1

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've been looking to play Endless Legend, but I am generally incredibly bad at 4Xes. The only LP I've seen of it is by the Yogscast, who are probably more having fun with it than actually being any good.

Anyone know of any good on or offsite LPs of the game, especially with an ear toward novice advice?

manyleeks
Apr 22, 2010

Just another day at the office

Ciaphas posted:

I've been looking to play Endless Legend, but I am generally incredibly bad at 4Xes. The only LP I've seen of it is by the Yogscast, who are probably more having fun with it than actually being any good.

Anyone know of any good on or offsite LPs of the game, especially with an ear toward novice advice?

I don't know about novice advice, per se, but Get Daved did a runthrough. His stuff is pretty relaxed and he's a veteran of Endless Space, so I found it enjoyable.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

Aiursrage2k posted:

Anything by SGF Ive watched all his videos but the best is probably

If you like other stuff he's done I'd also recommend checking out some of the game nights on his channel too. He plays some really off the wall stuff. My current favorite is Laser Lords. They are streams though and not true organized LPs, but he's generally good about keeping a couple of games going throughout.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

manyleeks posted:

I don't know about novice advice, per se, but Get Daved did a runthrough. His stuff is pretty relaxed and he's a veteran of Endless Space, so I found it enjoyable.

I've liked several of Get Daved's Let's Plays, including his Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda LttP, and Cat Mario (aka Super Mario 3D world).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I know it's pretty old, but Chip and Ironicus' LP of Spider-Man is good stuff. I remember liking this game a lot when I was a kid and that it was a lot of fun, and now...

I'm not so sure.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Aesclepia posted:

I've liked several of Get Daved's Let's Plays, including his Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda LttP, and Cat Mario (aka Super Mario 3D world).

I watched until he started talking about earning getdave points :jerkbag:

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

I know it's pretty old, but Chip and Ironicus' LP of Spider-Man is good stuff. I remember liking this game a lot when I was a kid and that it was a lot of fun, and now...

I'm not so sure.
There was a recent, more informative LP of the same game by GamesAreSupernice which does a great job dissecting its surprisingly bold design, especially for the time.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Sneaky Fast posted:

I watched until he started talking about earning getdave points :jerkbag:

Which is a long-running gag of sorts but hey if you're going to let one injoke ruin good LPs for you, who am I to judge?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a good LP-r for the Persona series? Something with either audio clips or video.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well, there's the ones on the LP Archive that are basically hybrid LPs. Persona 2 and 3 by Schildkrote, but these seem to have lost their videos due to being on Googlevideo. There's Persona 3 Portable (female route) and 4 by Feinne. There's also P4 the Golden but that's screenshots only. Note that all of these are narrative LPs.
If you're in the mood for stupidly long youtube video playthroughs, I'm currently halfway through this one and enjoying it. It's 180+ videos of P3 FES with all social links maxed, and it isn't loud or too annoying but that could just be me. I think he also did P4 at some point.
I don't think anyone's really attempted P1 because of how annoying it actually is to play.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

HGH posted:

Well, there's the ones on the LP Archive that are basically hybrid LPs. Persona 2 and 3 by Schildkrote, but these seem to have lost their videos due to being on Googlevideo. There's Persona 3 Portable (female route) and 4 by Feinne. There's also P4 the Golden but that's screenshots only. Note that all of these are narrative LPs.
If you're in the mood for stupidly long youtube video playthroughs, I'm currently halfway through this one and enjoying it. It's 180+ videos of P3 FES with all social links maxed, and it isn't loud or too annoying but that could just be me. I think he also did P4 at some point.
I don't think anyone's really attempted P1 because of how annoying it actually is to play.

If you have a high tolerance for people loving around in a game and making dumb mistakes as they play it blind, the Giant Bomb endurance run of P4 is pretty fun. Also REALLY long.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

HGH posted:

Well, there's the ones on the LP Archive that are basically hybrid LPs ... There's Persona 3 Portable (female route) and 4 by Feinne.

These were excellent. Feinne did a great job.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Gotta recommend Fleve's Revenant LP. It's a very charming action RPG about an undead rear end in a top hat being forced to save a kingdom and not liking it in the slightest. It's surprisingly elaborate and well done for such an obscure title and the commentary is pretty drat great.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Homefront floated into my mind today, not really pleasantly, and I remembered that someone did an LP a while back eviscerating it. I can't find it on the Archive, though, or remember who that was. Can anyone help me out here?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Redeye Flight posted:

Homefront floated into my mind today, not really pleasantly, and I remembered that someone did an LP a while back eviscerating it. I can't find it on the Archive, though, or remember who that was. Can anyone help me out here?

I think you're talking about this one. Technically a non-SA LP?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Gotta recommend Fleve's Revenant LP. It's a very charming action RPG about an undead rear end in a top hat being forced to save a kingdom and not liking it in the slightest. It's surprisingly elaborate and well done for such an obscure title and the commentary is pretty drat great.

Aw-shucks, thanks :shobon:

The first two episodes were still recorded without a pop filter, from part 3 that's fixed. I think I've got one, perhaps two more parts and one bonus to go, and then we're done. The game really turned out to be way better LP material than I expected.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Redeye Flight posted:

There was also this one by Habermann. You'll need forum archives to access the thread in all its glory, but here's his youtube account if you aren't so lucky.

Edit: oh wait, that is the one linked above. oh well!

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 2, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Ted posted:

There was also this one by Habermann. You'll need forum archives to access the thread in all its glory, but here's his youtube account if you aren't so lucky.
It's a bit older and offsite, but Evil Tim did one in his impeccable style.
edit: Offsite as in I think he's a goon but didn't post it here.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 2, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Redeye Flight posted:

There's also an LP of it going on right now on the forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692284 and pretty much every LP of the game will eviscerate it because it's not a good game.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

It's a bit older and offsite, but Evil Tim did one in his impeccable style.
edit: Offsite as in I think he's a goon but didn't post it here.

He was a goon. Dunno if he still is. But he doesn't do his LPs here anymore, probably because a component of his style tended to be quietly abandoning LPs midway through. Homefront's one of the few of his I've seen that he actually finished.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm sick and can't do much beyond sitting in bed or shuffling to the kitchen to make tea/really uncomfortable mucusy noises. Any recommendations of VLPs to chill out and watch while I recover? I'm thinking along the lines of something chill and informative like Diabetus's Mario Galaxy 2, or something with a fun dynamic like Geop's Dark Souls.

e: Dan&Dad's Mercenaries 2 was a masterwork

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I would suggest the crackdown LP by Ambisargrus & A Wooden Palisade http://lparchive.org/Crackdown/

Cool vibe of two friends just kicking it

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm sick and can't do much beyond sitting in bed or shuffling to the kitchen to make tea/really uncomfortable mucusy noises. Any recommendations of VLPs to chill out and watch while I recover? I'm thinking along the lines of something chill and informative like Diabetus's Mario Galaxy 2, or something with a fun dynamic like Geop's Dark Souls.

There is frozentreasure's Fez LP The videos are very chill. He does all the platforming/exploration in the first round and leaves all the puzzle stuff for NG+.
Fair warning, The thread drifts in and out of chillness.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Habermann's LP was the one I was trying to think of, thanks guys!

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Binge watching FaerieFortune's blind Ocarina of Time LP served me well when I had a stomach bug a few weeks ago. It has pretty much the same dynamic as Dark Souls (a blind player with experienced copilots), coupled with some wonderfully enthusiastic friendship. If you hate friendship you will not like the thread.

If you've played OoT before, it's also nice because you can zone out a bit and listen without paying full attention to the visuals, since you probably know all the dungeons by heart. I find this is an important quality for things I watch when I'm sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
If you like hosed up adventure games, holy poo poo, corn in the bible's Jack Orlando thread is right up your alley. It's kind of mind boggling and this is coming from someone who watched an LP and playthrough of Hopkins FBI.