Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Does it sim backstage incidents for AI feds? The only way I'd see financially hale feds dropping workers is by their developing a dislike of either the booker or owner.

Current-day real-world mods and the game's algorithms don't play well together. The WWE essentially cannot lose, at least in the absence of something like the entire US randomly gaining a passionate demand for puro.

I've had a weirdly opposite situation, in which the WWE lost like everyone useful and became a clown promotion. (That still pulls 80+ cards regularly with this roster) This is everyone employed by WWE considered a 'draw or above' in the United States

yep, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Alex Reynolds. Almost every card is highlighted by Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Alex Reynolds, and Xavier Woods constantly battling each other. Billy Ambriz is a pretty solid generated worker.

What happened is Dragon Gate and AAA became international promotions, AAA hired every good lucha type worker, while Dragon Gate picked up Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe, the Young Bucks, and Bryan Danielson and became the world's #1 promotion. (man, this would be awesome in real life)

I started a company at regional level in USA and am now as popular as WWE in North America, but pretty much unknown in the rest of the world.

As of 2028 the National or above sized federations are AJPW, Dragon Gate, my company, NJPW, Pro-Wrestling NOAH, Shine Wrestling (yes, really), TNA, and WWE.

The top ranked 'real' workers are Serena Deeb, Portia Perez, Christina Von Eerie, Bray Wyatt, Xavier Woods, Magnus, Jimmy Rave, and The Young Bucks.

The #1 ranked/most over person in the world is:

This is using the Fleisch Chronicles 2014 database not CC (although I've recently started a new game with CC and we'll see how that goes). I love how weird this world turned out, I think I enjoy simming way ahead and seeing what weird poo poo happens more than actually booking and playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ChrisBTY posted:

Then it must be an oversight that persisted from earlier updates since I think I have the July '14 version.

I hope somebody will pick up the gauntlet though. Imbalanced or not, updated real-life mods are really what makes TEW imho.

TheWho is taking over for Cpt C, I think, and he's been doing these for a long time so I think he'll do well. From what I can tell he's been going through Cc's whole database and tweaking all the flaws he found. CC's original mod was a converted Who mod, I think, so it should be a good move.

In fact, when I want to add a wrestler to my database I almost always convert them from Who's TEW10 databases. He's just very good, IMO.

Fleisch was ok and had a different take but I think he gave up too and has been replaced by MrCanada. Personally I'm not a fan of Canada's mainly because he's kind of stubborn about doing everything exactly his way regardless of how much sense it makes to others. Which is his perogative but makes for a less cooperative public database.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Hit the wall much later than usual, at 48/170 of the Survivor Piper tier.

It seems so abrupt though. I go from breezing with +5 matches to getting murdered on any +3 I play. It's so frustrating.

I'll get the drat card one way or another, but it's annoying that I *still* can't get the RTG tier when they claim you should be able to get the card that is a tier above you. I'm about 50% on Survivor, so shouldn't that get me Piper relatively easily, and the 1st Cena should be obtainable? Obtainable by +1s is BS after the grind it takes to get there.

Broken record.... :suicide:

Can anyone explain how to 'sandbag' in RTG? Not too clear on it, I know it only works for +1 matches though.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

RudoReels posted:

Hit the wall much later than usual, at 48/170 of the Survivor Piper tier.

It seems so abrupt though. I go from breezing with +5 matches to getting murdered on any +3 I play. It's so frustrating.

I'll get the drat card one way or another, but it's annoying that I *still* can't get the RTG tier when they claim you should be able to get the card that is a tier above you. I'm about 50% on Survivor, so shouldn't that get me Piper relatively easily, and the 1st Cena should be obtainable? Obtainable by +1s is BS after the grind it takes to get there.

Broken record.... :suicide:

Can anyone explain how to 'sandbag' in RTG? Not too clear on it, I know it only works for +1 matches though.

You can't sandbag RTG anymore. You used to be able to run a full team of commons/uncommons with high level managers and you'd end up competing at the rare level where you would dominate because you were adding 20+ to your card stats. They fixed it a while back though so now using legendary or survivor managers pushes you into super or ultra rare, so it doesn't work.

If you want something to look forward to though, RTG is incredibly easy once you have an (almost) full team of survivor pros. Even if one of them is Luke Harper. I was running 5 point games right up to the last 10 points of the first Cena and was able to do the 2nd Cena all the way through doing 3 pointers. Although I did drop $20 for bouts/title matches because I'm super busy this weekend and couldn't do the whole 5 games an hour thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The #1 ranked/most over person in the world is:

282lbs and is a light heavyweight?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Davros1 posted:

282lbs and is a light heavyweight?

220-240 pounds is a lightweight. 241 to about 270 is a middleweight and 271 to 300 is a light heavyweight.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Happitoo posted:

You can't sandbag RTG anymore. You used to be able to run a full team of commons/uncommons with high level managers and you'd end up competing at the rare level where you would dominate because you were adding 20+ to your card stats. They fixed it a while back though so now using legendary or survivor managers pushes you into super or ultra rare, so it doesn't work.

If you want something to look forward to though, RTG is incredibly easy once you have an (almost) full team of survivor pros. Even if one of them is Luke Harper. I was running 5 point games right up to the last 10 points of the first Cena and was able to do the 2nd Cena all the way through doing 3 pointers. Although I did drop $20 for bouts/title matches because I'm super busy this weekend and couldn't do the whole 5 games an hour thing.

Sweet! Just another 20 survivor pros, and I'll be there!

I've been doing better this time--hit the wall at 90 for Piper, but I've got enough time left to get him through 1-point matches. I've also finally reached the point where I no longer have solo Legendary cards in my deck (though I still have two Epic pros to deal with.)

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

Happitoo posted:

By the time I get to that point they'll have another tier though. Arg

Do I pro my RTG stings? I have a fusion reigns... Don't want to kill my legendary KOTR sandbag setup though. But having quite a hard time pulling off anything in SV KOTR.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Somehow in my 1998 scenario, WCW Nitro lost it's deal with TNT so now WCW doesn't have a show.

It's weird to see WWF running unopposed at this time.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Finally got around to unlocking Evolved Bryan in Immortals. Now I'm debating on spending :10bux: to get Evolved Orton.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Would anyone be interested in a wrestling life sim? You're a wrestler and you try to get booked, but instead of focusing on actual wrestling gameplay it's more about the hand to mouth life style.

$10 on protein , or gas?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

Would anyone be interested in a wrestling life sim? You're a wrestler and you try to get booked, but instead of focusing on actual wrestling gameplay it's more about the hand to mouth life style.

$10 on protein , or gas?
basically one of those Positech games like Kudos, except for a wrestler? That sounds like the exact kind of garbage I would love

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A wrestling game with no actual wrestling sounds incredibly stupid, and I want it right now.

The next stage of evolution from Backstage Assault.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

simosimo posted:

$10 on protein , or gas?

I'd be into this if I could politic my way to greatness. Also if I can get on the gas to get the big dude loving promoter to push me.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

triplexpac posted:

I'd be into this if I could politic my way to greatness.

I want to play as Ed Leslie and change my gimmick tons of times while getting paid because I'm buddies with Hogan.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Pretty much all of the above. The actual wrestling won't even be a thing , instead you will be hocking yourself on podcasts with Kade Weller and telling fellow wrestlers that you now do kettlebell workouts (+5 endurance)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would definitely play Cart Life but you're a wrestler instead of owning a food cart, yes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I would definitely play Cart Life but you're a wrestler instead of owning a food cart, yes.

cart life is an appropriately bleak model for this

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Sadly I am not a programmer only a graphical asset person so sadly my ideas are just that - but for once in my gaming life it's not an MDickie mod it's an actual possible idea.

I'm thinking supercard statistical gameplay for matches / situational outcomes. An MDickie style world where there are other wrestlers/managers/promoters where events will affect these persons/organisations.

Along with the 'life' simulation and trait based nature of The Sims; for the player. (Injury prone (I would say durability)), marketing sense (the ability to sell merch, understand their own brand) , work ethic (a player who has spent more times taking back bumps and who watches other matches on the card etc).

For some reason I'm thinking of nimblebits tiny trains in terms of accessibility, but with a few more layers for the underbelly of the wrestling world. TEW is also interesting but the booking world doesn't interest me, this would be for the one player. Think 2k15s career mode, but where the nitty gritty stuff was amplified. Remember that wwe game with the 24/7 mode? Man I want my guy to attend a comic con!

I can picture sitting on the toilet playing such a game, tapping away, raising all important traits, but pushing too hard will cause certain negative or counter productive parameters to arise.

With the calendar days of the week, the game would present certain events such as wrestling school training Monday or working overtime at your job for more money..... for wrestling school!

For instance, you think you're cheating the game by grinding overtime at your day job and getting easy cash, but your boss just told you he needs you the weekend. That date is booked for a show, oh crap!

Again I'm no programmer / dev but I'm putting together notes, which is probably a lot more than some projects. The wrestling world interests me more than the actual wrestling and I think creating a world with all of the facets of the business would be brilliant.

If only I knew some nerdy app developers :(

Edit: come to think of it. Matches can't be played like 'a game' as the non-kayfabe nature of the game would focus on backstage politics and booking. I need a pen and paper . poo poo.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 3, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
In my TEW game, the AI is booking WWF. Animal is their world champion and is beating HBK, Austin and Rock regularly.

What a time to be alive.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

simosimo posted:

Sadly I am not a programmer only a graphical asset person so sadly my ideas are just that - but for once in my gaming life it's not an MDickie mod it's an actual possible idea.

I'm thinking supercard statistical gameplay for matches / situational outcomes. An MDickie style world where there are other wrestlers/managers/promoters where events will affect these persons/organisations.

Along with the 'life' simulation and trait based nature of The Sims; for the player. (Injury prone (I would say durability)), marketing sense (the ability to sell merch, understand their own brand) , work ethic (a player who has spent more times taking back bumps and who watches other matches on the card etc).

For some reason I'm thinking of nimblebits tiny trains in terms of accessibility, but with a few more layers for the underbelly of the wrestling world. TEW is also interesting but the booking world doesn't interest me, this would be for the one player. Think 2k15s career mode, but where the nitty gritty stuff was amplified. Remember that wwe game with the 24/7 mode? Man I want my guy to attend a comic con!

I can picture sitting on the toilet playing such a game, tapping away, raising all important traits, but pushing too hard will cause certain negative or counter productive parameters to arise.

With the calendar days of the week, the game would present certain events such as wrestling school training Monday or working overtime at your job for more money..... for wrestling school!

For instance, you think you're cheating the game by grinding overtime at your day job and getting easy cash, but your boss just told you he needs you the weekend. That date is booked for a show, oh crap!

Again I'm no programmer / dev but I'm putting together notes, which is probably a lot more than some projects. The wrestling world interests me more than the actual wrestling and I think creating a world with all of the facets of the business would be brilliant.

If only I knew some nerdy app developers :(

Edit: come to think of it. Matches can't be played like 'a game' as the non-kayfabe nature of the game would focus on backstage politics and booking. I need a pen and paper . poo poo.

If you haven't played/seen/heard of Cart Life I'd seriously suggest checking it out as a model for the game play here. It's very much a time and money management simulator, and for a wrestling game I think you'd just have to add in some backstage politics poo poo to go on top of that.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

In my TEW game, the AI is booking WWF. Animal is their world champion and is beating HBK, Austin and Rock regularly.

What a time to be alive.

This is everything I love about TEW

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

TheJoker138 posted:

If you haven't played/seen/heard of Cart Life I'd seriously suggest checking it out as a model for the game play here. It's very much a time and money management simulator, and for a wrestling game I think you'd just have to add in some backstage politics poo poo to go on top of that.

Game Dev Story/Game Dev Tycoon might also come close.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thanks for the suggestions. I had a stint of wanting to learn coding/game design with Game Maker on steam but was just lost in the maths; the learning demos while functional were just a pointless exercise imo, not for me.

For such a text based/menu based game I'm hoping there is perhaps a more viable way for me as a total newb to at least create a working concept. The graphics/style and world creation is fine, it's just getting it all working :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kudos and Kudos: Rock Star are also worth looking at for this kind of thing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Delsaber posted:

Game Dev Story/Game Dev Tycoon might also come close.

I would play a Kairosoft game about running an indie fed so fast.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Time to re-install Game Maker, and attempt to make make rough cut demos such as Hogan's Freezer.

A simple mario platformer where you hop over frozen Pastamania crates and Frozen Ed Leslie zombie to get to the end and claim the fabled Meat shoes.

or

A booking game where you set appearance dates for Virgil. Not much code required in that one.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

simosimo posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a stint of wanting to learn coding/game design with Game Maker on steam but was just lost in the maths; the learning demos while functional were just a pointless exercise imo, not for me.

For such a text based/menu based game I'm hoping there is perhaps a more viable way for me as a total newb to at least create a working concept. The graphics/style and world creation is fine, it's just getting it all working :(

You need Twine in your life, man. Create a text-based sim thing, draw some pictures to go with it, you're done.

http://twinery.org/

Alternatively, if you want to stick with Game Maker, you should follow along with these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6dZWXUEzA

They're from Tom Francis, who made Gunpoint in Game Maker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibDAg_Bix8

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 3, 2015

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I want a wrestling simulator that makes you drive through several states to get to the show (steal Euro Truck Simulator engine), wrestle in death matches, get paid in hot dogs and then drive back all the while trying to figure out how you'll explain to your boss at Subway why you keep bleeding into the lettuce. After awhile, you get booked for conventions and have to sit at a table with no lines for several hours. You then get to do shoot interviews where you burn every bridge.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Greetings from Games, John Cena can finally fight his hero Goku

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Here's what the WWF booked for King of the Ring 98.

Ken Shamrock beats Skull
Mankind beatsMosh
Marc Mero beats Bradshaw
Animal beats Owen Hart

Ken Shamrock beats Mankind
Animal beats Marc Mero

Ken Shamrock beats Animal

It got a 67 overall, did you expect any better? But that is a seriously weak tournament and I don't get why the AI booker has such a hard on for Animal.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So I restarted my 1985 game and I decided to sign some of the guys to Exclusive PPA's so I can actually have dates to run shows. Is there a problem in using EPPA contracts?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

No real downside - essentially what it means is that while he's under your contract he won't do shows for anyone else. The difference between EPPA and Written contracts is that in the latter case, guys under contract are essentially unpoachable until the last month of the contract, but in the former case, another promotion can snatch them away at any time, provided the rival fed is prepared to beat your offer. In my experience, if you can secure an EPPA contract in the first place, then rival feds have already made their best offers and you've beaten them, and they won't be aggressive in undercutting you going forward. But if a fed that can make written contracts comes at the worker then you're hosed. That includes developmental contracts. Written contracts are always seen as better than even a rash of PPAs that net more per month.

You win some and lose some with EPPAs - on the one hand, the other shows that a PPA contracted worker runs will help their overness in places your shows don't run (assuming you're a fed without TV coverage). On the other hand, guys in a sweet spot of overness (main event / upper midcard at the regional level) will be both in high demand and willing to take PPA contracts with smaller feds. Those are the guys you want to give EPPAs to, or else they'll inevitably get injured from running too many shows a week. In present-day mods guys like Chris Hero and Colt Cabana have this problem.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 4, 2015

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Onmi posted:

Greetings from Games, John Cena can finally fight his hero Goku

haha thats amazing

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Jubs posted:

I want a wrestling simulator that makes you drive through several states to get to the show (steal Euro Truck Simulator engine), wrestle in death matches, get paid in hot dogs and then drive back all the while trying to figure out how you'll explain to your boss at Subway why you keep bleeding into the lettuce. After awhile, you get booked for conventions and have to sit at a table with no lines for several hours. You then get to do shoot interviews where you burn every bridge.

You're in luck! This is what i'll be going for. Down the line, eventually, maybe, probably....

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I want the Kentucky Route Zero of wrestling games.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheJoker138 posted:

I want the Kentucky Route Zero of wrestling games.

Well you're in luck, as this game likely won't ever get finished either.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Another occurance in my TEW ECW game, Violent J has been sentenced to 3 years for dangerous driving. I was actually using the ICP as a tag team so this kinda inconveniences me.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

Another occurance in my TEW ECW game, Violent J has been sentenced to 3 years for dangerous driving. I was actually using the ICP as a tag team so this kinda inconveniences me.

Bring him back in 3 years as the higher power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

Testekill posted:

Turn Big Sal into a juggalo replacement