Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Transmogrifier posted:

I just put one of my cats to sleep this morning. This is the last picture I took of her, just two nights ago.

She's the one in the foreground with all the white. Could I have pictures of cat piles, especially where it shows they're totally in love? :( I am going to miss turning around and seeing these two together.

I'm sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
:unsmith: Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Transmogrifier posted:

:unsmith: Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

How your other kitty holding up without their buddy? Hope they're getting lots of hugs and petting :ohdear:.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Here's Kiwi showing Tiberius who's the real boss of the house.

I'm very sorry for your loss friend, I'm all to familiar with it. Hope you and your other kitty are doing ok.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Kitty gets his teeth brushed
http://i.imgur.com/dIUr2Hl.webm

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

^^^^
"Why? Why did this happen to me?"

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How your other kitty holding up without their buddy? Hope they're getting lots of hugs and petting :ohdear:.

Alteisen posted:

Here's Kiwi showing Tiberius who's the real boss of the house.

I'm very sorry for your loss friend, I'm all to familiar with it. Hope you and your other kitty are doing ok.

Thanks. :unsmith: I'm still really upset but I'll be fine. It just hit me particularly hard because she was my cat and I wanted her to live forever. Liv is doing ok it seems; I haven't heard any frantic meowing yet and she is still being herself. The two have been separated by houses before so maybe that's what she thinks is going on. She's as much a snuggle bug with me as she was with Memo so we still have each other.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sociopastry posted:

owls are just feathered cats. :kimchi:

I agree

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
baby gets a hearing aid for the first time:

http://i.imgur.com/lqnw0Jx.gifv

(the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUP02yTKWWo)

Apogee15 has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Feb 28, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crateria
Jun 16, 2013

Baby elephant trying to wake up a dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmdBWqmHYpY

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Love ME!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Thuglife.webm
http://i.imgur.com/P3x49vo.webm

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

This is super cute, but after 12+ hours it's just obnoxious. I love my cats, but when I hear people talk about how independent/aloof their cats are I sometimes get a little envious.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kimmalah posted:

This is super cute, but after 12+ hours it's just obnoxious. I love my cats, but when I hear people talk about how independent/aloof their cats are I sometimes get a little envious.

Seriously. One of ours sits on the couch next to me rolling around and rubbing on my arm and nibbling my hand. It's cute at first but after an hour you kind of want to scream.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Spoeank posted:

Seriously. One of ours sits on the couch next to me rolling around and rubbing on my arm and nibbling my hand. It's cute at first but after an hour you kind of want to scream.

Then sometimes you actually do and you feel really guilty later. :sigh:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes it's best not to scream.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

look at this fabulous rear end in a top hat

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That could be my cat. He's so intensely spoiled that he sometimes insists on being pet while he's eating a treat.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Sociopastry posted:

He is as fabulous as he is indignant. This outrage will not be borne! Put me down at once!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God help you if you throw off his groove...

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Sociopastry posted:

Haha wow that's ridiculous. Just what bird is this?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Mizuti posted:

Haha wow that's ridiculous. Just what bird is this?

A royal flycatcher.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Lit a candle, accidentally hypnotised my cat.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Kojiro posted:

Lit a candle, accidentally hypnotised my cat.

Your cat is dreaming of that fire becoming all-consuming and burning the filthy world away.

Cats are the most adorable psycopaths.

EDIT: My psycho!

As a kitten, planning global domination.

So very indignant at having his weapons deactivated.

Pretending that he wasn't just conspiring with our other cat on how best to end our lives and still get fed. (Sorry for the blurriness, I had to get this shot quickly before they both ran off)

Somebody has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Mar 2, 2015

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Your cat is dreaming of that fire becoming all-consuming and burning the filthy world away.

Cats are the most adorable psycopaths.

EDIT: My psycho!

So very indignant at having his weapons deactivated.

Deactivated? He's clearly engaged light sabre mode!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
My friend has the lovey-est cats, Bacon and Biscuit:

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Buzkashi posted:

My friend has the lovey-est cats, Bacon and Biscuit:

I usually prefer cats to have "people" names like Geraldine and Ned, but Bacon and Biscuit are very good cat names.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Yeah, they got the first from an appreciation for Footloose ("Kitten Bacon") and when they got the second they continued the alliteration/breakfast food theme.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Sociopastry posted:

owls are just feathered cats. :kimchi:

The Chinese word for owl is "cat headed eagle".

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The delayed blinking in the first one is the cutest thing to me for some reason.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This is Toad the kitten on her dog.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Dove from Above posted:

I usually prefer cats to have "people" names like Geraldine and Ned, but Bacon and Biscuit are very good cat names.

My parents got me my first cat when I was 5. I named him "Fred". I have no recollection of why.

Fred got sick and died at age 2 or so. My mom talked me into naming his replacement "Patches". Boring even to a 7 year old.

Patches was hit by a car after only a year. (I swear we weren't bad pet owners, but it was the 70's and an indoor only cat was a crazy rear end idea back then.)

Cat number three, and I was back in Business. "Reggie" it was.

Eventual cat number four got named "Snoopy" because by then I was a total smart rear end and thought it was funny to name a cat after a famous dog.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
When I was a kid, I named the neighbour's cat Oscar. I have no idea what that cat's actual name was, but to me he was Oscar.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I like giving pets old-timey mobster nicknames, like Brooklyn, Slick and Jimmy Fingers.

Jimmy Fingers was a ferret who liked to steal things. Also he bit fingers.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"
All our cats have always been 'the cat'
The dogs get names, sometimes even nicknames (they often don't care about all the syllables, so I find you've got a few 'variations' you can use with any particular dog-name)
But the cat is always 'the cat', and the two cats I can remember have acted so similarly that I've got trouble telling them apart (especially since the current one's the daughter of the first one, so there's a family resemblance)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

aerion111 posted:

All our cats have always been 'the cat'
The dogs get names, sometimes even nicknames (they often don't care about all the syllables, so I find you've got a few 'variations' you can use with any particular dog-name)
But the cat is always 'the cat', and the two cats I can remember have acted so similarly that I've got trouble telling them apart (especially since the current one's the daughter of the first one, so there's a family resemblance)

My uncle Doc had a bulldog that he just named "Dog". Damndest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My dumb cats cuddling. :3:

• Locked thread