Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Agoat posted:

The main Xbone clan is full? I'll make another if people will play.

There's probably some lovely glitch that's just telling you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I'm the lovely glitch that tells everyone that.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Reverse Centaur posted:

I am just getting into this but haven't played since MW2, what is the big deal about prestiges? What do they do? Back then just one prestige was for super spergs that had already finished everything there was to do. Now I'm like level 20 after two hours, what the gently caress is the point?

It's a good way to keep your hardcore fanbase playing, I guess. Rather than have a bunch of level 50s running around and killing any new people, you still get a decent mix of levels and loadouts and skill months / years after release. It sucks not playing for a while and coming back and remembering I prestiged though. "gently caress, I'm only level 9 and all my loudouts are gone..."

I started working overnights again so I'm not usually on when other PS4 peeps are, but if CoD bros see me online spam me an invite so I have motivation to play.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
They can gently caress the gently caress off with another 15 prestiges if they're not giving more custom slots. Also there's no reason that the measly 10 they give you need to be in 2 tabs.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Shannow posted:

They can gently caress the gently caress off with another 15 prestiges if they're not giving more custom slots. Also there's no reason that the measly 10 they give you need to be in 2 tabs.

Well, they give you Elite guns. The ubiquitous Obsidian Steed being the first.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

A SWELL DUDE posted:

If you're talking about BOYS, I seem to remember there being around 58 or so members last time I looked at the in-game roster. And I can't remember the last time I saw more than maybe three or four of those people online playing COD at once.
I just wanna play with goons. :/

Quabzor posted:

There's probably some lovely glitch that's just telling you that.

OP said it's full.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Agoat posted:

I just wanna play with goons. :/

This game is long dead among the majority of us. Being in a dead clan will not help you accomplish your goal.

Anyone who still plays, add Agoat944 and invite him to join you!

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Agoat944 you have like 60000 gamerscore but no friends?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Spoon Man posted:

I'm the lovely glitch that tells everyone that.
Feature, not a bug.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Shannow posted:

Yeah, so much for prestige master. I give up, I'll let prestige 12 be my last. I'm of the belief that anything more than ten prestiges is excessive anyway. Adding more prestiges is not going to keep me playing this game, but maybe actually letting me play the DLC maps would be a start.

I want to believe that the next COD game will be really good because of Treyarch. I feel like I should know better than that, though.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Gordon Shumway posted:

I want to believe that the next COD game will be really good because.....

THIS is what keeps your playing. Err, coming back anyway.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Nighthand posted:

In blops we could do like, 18-person custom gun game too. That poo poo got ridiculous really fast.

I enjoyed this :( Will be moving in a couple months and considering getting back into COD (current apt won't support it), looks like no one's playing this year?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

jerman999 posted:

I enjoyed this :( Will be moving in a couple months and considering getting back into COD (current apt won't support it), looks like no one's playing this year?

Isn't this like the 3rd year you haven't played cod? Javes gets on like every day and I'll play if people invite me.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
I play. Are you on bone or ps4, yeyo?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

beaner69 posted:

Isn't this like the 3rd year you haven't played cod? Javes gets on like every day and I'll play if people invite me.

Only the second! :v:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Nucka posted:

I play. Are you on bone or ps4, yeyo?

Bone.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've had a randomly busy stretch of time and have been dedicating what little game time I have to Magic the Gathering locally instead of video games. I'm slowly clearing poo poo out so I can get back to playing, though. Gotta get back on the "I want to max prestige and royalty everything but realistically will cap out at prestige 7 or something" train.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Dammit it seems as if there is no one that plays on ps4. Have to get a bone as well?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Been playing with Yeyo on Xbone, I really wish they would release their big balance patch already, core modes are really unfun even if I do decent with the Hbar3/Asm1. At least, like a goon here pointed me, the HC playlist helps a lot to play around with other gun builds.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I don't understand why this game died so quickly. Do you CoD aficionados have an explanation? I want to play the game, but...... I just am so burned out.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You kinda answered it yourself. People get burned out playing the same poo poo year after year. The new movement system isn't enough of a change to the stale COD formula, unfortunately.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

You kinda answered it yourself. People get burned out playing the same poo poo year after year. The new movement system isn't enough of a change to the stale COD formula, unfortunately.

I didn't get burned out. I just hate the atrocious gun balance this time around.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mill Village posted:

I would argue that the new movement system was to much of a change. It's the biggest change the franchise has ever had and really changes the dynamic of the game.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Mine was a combination of getting busy and not seeing anyone on when I did play, which was admittedly at odd hours. That, and trying to grind challenges on guns.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I'm too old to keep track of boost jumping with my gun.
The exo suit movement also makes the riot shield a joke.
No C4.
There is only one exo zombie map.
Domination games ending in time-out is still dumb.
We all have smaller groups of friends playing this on XYZ console.
Game chat is poo poo so everyone is in party chat, which eliminates the pubby tear aspect.
I don't even know if there are clan wars rewards. If there are, it needs to be more transparent.
I've had less free time than usual.
I've been playing seasons in D3 instead when I am free.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Fibby Boy posted:

I didn't get burned out. I just hate the atrocious gun balance this time around.

New patch is out. ASM1 was nerfed and a bunch of guns have been buffed but I don't think it will change the meta.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Patch Notes posted:

Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants):

Heavy weapons: increase player movement speed by 5%
Corrected scopes on the AE4.
MK14 - reduced recoil
ARX160 - increased magazine size
AMR9 - increased damage, decreased time between bursts
SN6 - reduced recoil
KF5 - mid damage range increased
Atlas 45 - mid damage range increased, max damage range increased
PDW - increased damage
Shotguns: reduced spread when using Gung-Ho
S12 - increased fire rate, increased damage
EPM3 - reduced recoil
Lynx - reduced recoil
ASM1 – slightly reduced initial fire rate

EPM3 remains a 3HK at all ranges and now must have approaching zero-recoil, but it still doesn't fit into a game with exo-movement.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I might try playing it later. Though shotties still not getting a range increase has me worried.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The Scorestreaks are boring as gently caress.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

I might try playing it later. Though shotties still not getting a range increase has me worried.

Tac-19 got that back in January.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

Tac-19 got that back in January.

I remember that but it really didn't feel like much of an increase at all.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Fair enough.

The ARX mag increase took it from 30 to 45, which is pretty neat. And while the ASM1 nerf sounds weak, what it did was remove the 1000rpm initial fire rate entirely, so it's not better than a Blops FAMAS anymore.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Mister Macys posted:

The Scorestreaks are boring as gently caress.

I think I've said this before, but there must be some internal data from Activision that supports the notion that powerful streaks make people play less because they get angry at being killed by OP (fun) streaks.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Fun and anger should but considered the same response and all player vs player interactions should be optimized to elicit this response.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Javes posted:

I think I've said this before, but there must be some internal data from Activision that supports the notion that powerful streaks make people play less because they get angry at being killed by OP (fun) streaks.

Activision should tell them to piss off to play Destiny where there aren't any.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Spoon Man posted:

Fun and anger should but considered the same response and all player vs player interactions should be optimized to elicit this response.

They made a positive step in that direction with the "go teabag/clamslam somebody" mission in Ghosts.

Xbox has the next DLC weapon available now to Season Pass dummies, btw.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Xbox has the next DLC weapon available now to Season Pass dummies, btw.

It's a shotLMG - 40 round 3HK LMG that switches to a 40 round S12 with D-pad Left.

That's, uh, pretty good.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

It's a shotLMG - 40 round 3HK LMG that switches to a 40 round S12 with D-pad Left.

That's, uh, pretty good.

Wait what

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Yuuuuuup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

So it's a better LMG than all of the LMGs and a better shotgun than all of the shotguns?

• Locked thread