Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

For all of the great characters and storyline that Bayonetta 2 has, it's all thrown away in its cutscenes being mostly still images. Very boring and lazy.

the original reason they did it that way was to save time, but then they realized it actually took just as long or longer to do the cutscenes that way than if they had just animated them normally, so they kept it as a stylistic choice. whether it's a good one or not is up to the viewer but there it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm made some good progress in Twilight Princess this weekend. Finished the forest temple, found a bridge and liberated Karakiro village from twilight so now my stupid looking friends have been saved. :cripes: I also spent some time chasing a weird black two legged runner around that kept laying explosive eggs on my face. Is there any way to kill them?
I absolutely hate the music that plays in the twilight world. It sounds like something I make when I collide with an instrument of any kind.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Darth TNT posted:

I'm made some good progress in Twilight Princess this weekend. Finished the forest temple, found a bridge and liberated Karakiro village from twilight so now my stupid looking friends have been saved. :cripes: I also spent some time chasing a weird black two legged runner around that kept laying explosive eggs on my face. Is there any way to kill them?
I absolutely hate the music that plays in the twilight world. It sounds like something I make when I collide with an instrument of any kind.

Don't worry about those fast loving things in the field.

Once you get Epona (Which will happen like immediately after you try going up Death Mountain) you can run them over.

And look on the plus side, you have one area of Twilight left now.

Its just the longest one in the entire game to make up for it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

OK this came in the mail to day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6y6kiLNMDE&feature=youtu.be

Edit: I did call Nintendo Support and now I'm just waiting for a email.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 2, 2015

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Jarogue posted:

Holy poo poo, is that burnt? It looks like someone shot it with an incendiary round.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jarogue posted:

Looks like it got stuck in a package/envelope sorting machine somewhere, dang.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Jarogue posted:

"You're bidding on the ultra-rare Smash soundtrack with MANUFACTURING DEFECT! This was the last one printed and it got caught in the gears at Nintendo's shipping facility. They didn't want you to see this! Starting bid $179.99"

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Electromax posted:

"You're bidding on the ultra-rare Smash soundtrack with MANUFACTURING DEFECT! This was the last one printed and it got caught in the gears at Nintendo's shipping facility. They didn't want you to see this! Starting bid $179.99"

Someone would actually bid on that.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jarogue posted:

Man, and I thought the package I got last week was bad. Not only was the tape seal cut but it was also obviously torn open by hand... but it wasn't loving burnt :stare:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I haven't even gotten any confirmation that I will be getting any soundtrack, although it did confirm it when I initially registered both games.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I haven't even gotten any confirmation that I will be getting any soundtrack, although it did confirm it when I initially registered both games.

I just got my email today, so I guess it's being done in waves.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jarogue posted:

Unbelievable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If the CD isnt scratched buy a new case you idiot. Dont waste their time.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did you watch the video

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

Only one idiot here and it sure hell isn't him. :v:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Yes don't waste this faceless unfeeling corporation's time, Something Awful Poster Jarogue

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a video game soundtrack on CD, who cares. It's not like it's a 30 year old record.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Abu Dave posted:

It's a video game soundtrack on CD, who cares. It's not like it's a 30 year old record.

think about how dumb you would feel 30 years from now

go ahead and think about it ill wait

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Vintersong what happened to you what made you stop posting about how incredible it was that you owned 100 mario NES carts in every post you made

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

whaley posted:

Vintersong what happened to you what made you stop posting about how incredible it was that you owned 100 mario NES carts in every post you made

I think you have me confused with someone else, hahaha.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also: http://www.amazon.com/STANDARD-Clear-Double-Jewel-Case/dp/B002ROIFG8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425339013&sr=8-2&keywords=double+cd+case

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't think you watched the video.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vintersorg posted:

I think you have me confused with someone else, hahaha.

nah he's got you pegged

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Vintersorg posted:

I think the CD being scratched is the least of his worries.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Awesome! posted:

nah he's got you pegged

Is this a sexual thing now?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vintersorg posted:

Is this a sexual thing now?

is this where you drop the cuck meme

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Vintersorg posted:

The CD is partially melted! :psyduck:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Chaltab posted:

The CD is partially melted! :psyduck:

I guess now that im not poo poo posting and actually viewing it.

Im gonna send my phone to that poster for a better look. PM your address.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shut up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

I guess now that im not poo poo posting and actually viewing it.

Im gonna send my phone to that poster for a better look. PM your address.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just got a wiimote but I'm having trouble getting into vWii mode. I need a sensor bar before I gain full access, apparently? What's the point of putting a sensor bar on the gamepad if I can't use it?

Is there any way I can get into vWii without a sensor bar?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

I just got a wiimote but I'm having trouble getting into vWii mode. I need a sensor bar before I gain full access, apparently? What's the point of putting a sensor bar on the gamepad if I can't use it?

Is there any way I can get into vWii without a sensor bar?

If you can't use your gamepad as a sensor bar that means it's broken. It should work all the time. Plus a sensor bar comes with the Wii U.

Edit: The above is lies. Sensor bar only turns on in Wii mode, like you mentioned. Either way, a bar should have come with your Wii U. Alternatively you can use the sun and a mirror or two candles or something.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lemming posted:

If you can't use your gamepad as a sensor bar that means it's broken. It should work all the time. Plus a sensor bar comes with the Wii U.

Edit: The above is lies. Sensor bar only turns on in Wii mode, like you mentioned. Either way, a bar should have come with your Wii U. Alternatively you can use the sun and a mirror or two candles or something.

I figured it out. I can launch directly into Wii mode when powering up the Wii U using the wiimote.

My Wii U did come with a sensor bar but I was doing a massive amount of cleaning out when I was moving apartments some months ago and thought "lol I don't give a poo poo about wii games why would I ever want a sensor bar" and never brought it with me.

I still stand by my decision but Nintendont is forcing my hand. :colbert:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you hosed up. it's ok to admit it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

I figured it out. I can launch directly into Wii mode when powering up the Wii U using the wiimote.

My Wii U did come with a sensor bar but I was doing a massive amount of cleaning out when I was moving apartments some months ago and thought "lol I don't give a poo poo about wii games why would I ever want a sensor bar" and never brought it with me.

I still stand by my decision but Nintendont is forcing my hand. :colbert:

There are Wii U games that use the sensor bar.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kaubocks posted:

lol I don't give a poo poo about wii games
gently caress sake kaubocks

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I didn't buy the Wii U for any new fangled arm wagglin' jaunty adventures I just wanted to load up games on the gamepad and lay in bed which plays a major factor in my purchasing decisions. The games that have an option for wiimote+nunchuck that need a sensor bar are either so few and far between or mostly relegated to multiplayer games that they just aren't for me in the first place.

Also there generally really isn't any Wii games I'm particularly interested in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

you need a sensor to use the wiimote to get to wii mode and select ogre battle 64. this is the only reason to have a sensor bar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MinibarMatchman posted:

you need a sensor to use the wiimote to get to wii mode and select ogre battle 64. this is the only reason to have a sensor bar

What about Sin and Punishment or Mario Party 2? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

I didn't buy the Wii U for any new fangled arm wagglin' jaunty adventures I just wanted to load up games on the gamepad and lay in bed which plays a major factor in my purchasing decisions. The games that have an option for wiimote+nunchuck that need a sensor bar are either so few and far between or mostly relegated to multiplayer games that they just aren't for me in the first place.

Also there generally really isn't any Wii games I'm particularly interested in.

uh both mario galaxy games hello

• Locked thread