Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Dork457 posted:

Having Call of Duty style kill-cams would offer up way too much information about the other team like the number of players with the person that killed you. Even if it was only available on casual, it could potentially disrupt anti-cheat methods like removing player models when they're out of view. Short answer is to gently caress off to call of duty if you miss them so much.

I'd like to see it at round end but that would slow things down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yeah you have to trade it for keys, probably 400-450 then sell those keys for cash, about 1.8 or 1.9 dollars a piece.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
that sounds like a gently caress ton of effort, damnit

mortar2k notice me senpai; i'll sell you my knife

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Carecat posted:

I'd like to see it at round end but that would slow things down.

Some kind of post game highlights would be nice but the automatic highlight generation from demos is pretty crap as is.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Dork457 posted:

Having Call of Duty style kill-cams would offer up way too much information about the other team like the number of players with the person that killed you. Even if it was only available on casual, it could potentially disrupt anti-cheat methods like removing player models when they're out of view. Short answer is to gently caress off to call of duty if you miss them so much.

Go back to Worms Armageddon you loving noob

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I've always wanted to be able to rewatch the last 5sec from my viewpoint with show impacts on so I could figure out where those bullets actually went, because they sure didn't go into the bad guy.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Ron posted:

So this just happened to me, supposedly worth around 900 dollars.

Factory New Stattrak Bayonet Doppler.

edit: timg.

You want to talk to Captain Invictus. He's the go to Goon Middleman for trading high value items on steam.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Ron posted:

So this just happened to me, supposedly worth around 900 dollars.

Factory New Stattrak Bayonet Doppler.

edit: timg.

Sell that poo poo on one of those websites where you can sell for real money instead of gaben bux. You'll get less value but you can buy a couple ounces of weed instead of 50 copies of HuniePop.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Ron posted:

that sounds like a gently caress ton of effort, damnit

mortar2k notice me senpai; i'll sell you my knife

clicking a mouse a few times to get 500 quid or whatever that knife would get is fuckin loads of effort, ugh.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Valve really hurt d2 mid play with the metal door bullshits

Its probably the worst/least enjoyable mid now, for me

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo this really is the thread of knives isn't it

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
There was a pro player quoted recently that said that dust2 changed from a good T sided map to just another CT map when they switched the doors to metal. i still love d2 but it was so much better with the old doors.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Cbble mid is pretty gross

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Norton posted:

Cbble mid is pretty gross

Its like they couldn't decide whether to make it T sided or CT sided so they just poo poo out this ugly clunky middle area with boxes that serve no purpose and a door frame that is just poo poo for throwing nades.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
I actually have a lot more trouble ct side now

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Yeah, it's sad that half my play on t side revolves around peekabooing the awper until one of us dies now.

It's ridiculous how one of us can't just wall the other dead lol, this is fuckin CS

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dork457 posted:

gently caress off to call of duty if you miss them so much.

jesus the gently caress is your problem man

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
How to fix de_nuke: http://imgur.com/a/TmVCk

Valvoe, please.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

It's ridiculous how one of us can't just wall the other dead lol, this is fuckin CS
I've gotta train myself to stop trying to spam the doors with rifles, it's never worth it unless they're pretty much dead already.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

mcvey posted:

Valvoe, please.

I've gotta train myself to stop trying to spam the doors with rifles, it's never worth it unless they're pretty much dead already.
These are all quite simple and brilliant fixes.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

It's so hard to keep to my 'shut the gently caress up while dead' rule when people do this and PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS SERIOUSLY IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR WHAT, A YEAR NOW?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Those nuke changes would make the map a lot more palatable.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
nuke sucks so loving much its astounding noone realized this during the 12+ years of its existence

----------------

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Necc0 posted:

It's so hard to keep to my 'shut the gently caress up while dead' rule when people do this and PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS SERIOUSLY IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR WHAT, A YEAR NOW?

Yea.. 2 years for me of back seat CSing in goonmans...

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I still don't understand the rationale for hardening those doors- all you're doing is taking away possibilities / options / considerations in an engagement which is rarely a good thing. MAYBE I can understand mid doors but why long and B as well?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Probably because dust two is the most common map and it seems really hard when every time you stand still in mid you get killed by some hacker.

Idk that's why I assume every wallbang(besides ofc Valve Sponsored spam spots like the obvious wood planks on overpass) has been sent to ineffectiveness hell

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I didn't even realize that change was made. That's a really terrible change.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

ArfJason posted:

nuke sucks so loving much its astounding noone realized this during the 12+ years of its existence

Nuke is actually really cool if you like doing things other than running around and clicking; it's amazing to watch a really good nuke team play the CT side. The rotations are so fluid and dynamic due to the sites being right on top of one another. It does need to be opened up a little for the T side though because losing the T-side pistol round really shouldn't doom you to the extent that it does on nuke currently.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Necc0 posted:

I still don't understand the rationale for hardening those doors- all you're doing is taking away possibilities / options / considerations in an engagement which is rarely a good thing. MAYBE I can understand mid doors but why long and B as well?

Because when valve fixed how bullet penetration worked they forgot that their fix also meant you could now 1hk body shot through any wooden door with an awp. So then they fixed their fix by making all the doors metal because they forgot that this would now make it basically impossible to spam anyone through doors with a normal rifle.

edit: nuke requires T side players to use their brains therefore it is bad

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
loving valve ruining this game and by extension my LiFE

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jesus if they would do this, I might actually be interested in playing nuke again

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

astr0man posted:

edit: nuke requires T side players to use their brains therefore it is bad

this unironically

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

loving valve ruining this game and by extension my LiFE

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Necc0 posted:

I can tell you exactly why, CTs were sick of being picked on cross. Totally agreed on B/long though.

Thug Lessons fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 3, 2015

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

mcvey posted:

Valvoe, please.

All of these suggestions are to expand areas or make them bigger.

I've always felt like the only thing holding csgo back is that the models are just too big.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
gently caress I'm bad.

I have no game sense beyond Dust2.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
I was on fire last night apparently:

Inferno Ace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4axtCK6IgNY&feature=youtu.be
Mirage 4k clutch CT sidehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEjc0njNLYA&feature=youtu.be
Mirage 4k clutch T side (same game) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmb84ptUaFY&feature=youtu.be

BOT Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7mdfsrwas&feature=youtu.be I laughed way too hard at this in warmup.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Nuke is a good fun map, and I like the door-to-metal changes. Rifles spamming through doors was stupid.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Nuke is my fav map but it's hard to defend it when you see a range of genuinely good pro teams regularly get beaten 16-2/3/4 :(

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
nuke used to be my wallbang fantasy back in 1.6, now I just shiver whenever someone mentions it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ron posted:

nuke used to be my wallbang fantasy back in 1.6, now I just shiver whenever someone mentions it.

my best cs moment was standing by vent and hearing the dude run outside, hitting the wall and getting a headshot. dude accused me of hacking lol

----------------

• Locked thread