Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
He nose when to not give in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The next chapter of Voynich will either be the saddest or happiest chapter in the whole story thus far, no in between.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
It might just be an inaccurate translation, but I found it interesting that the Yakuzas did a double take when Taizou called Samejima his "brother". Coupled with their apparently sleeping naked in the same bed and Taizou's "I'd go with you anywhere!", I'm getting the feeling that their relationship might not be of the kind we've been led to believe.

This would usually be some rather wild speculation, but we're talking about a Douman Seiman manga.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Carpator Diei posted:

It might just be an inaccurate translation, but I found it interesting that the Yakuzas did a double take when Taizou called Samejima his "brother". Coupled with their apparently sleeping naked in the same bed and Taizou's "I'd go with you anywhere!", I'm getting the feeling that their relationship might not be of the kind we've been led to believe.

This would usually be some rather wild speculation, but we're talking about a Douman Seiman manga.

I figured he meant brother as in Yakuza brother. "Aniki" or whatever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
In his only previous appearance, he was a standard yakuza aniki with a weird tattoo joke added in. However, that doesn't really preclude their being lovers. I'm pretty sure that two naked guys sharing a bed is pretty unambiguous in a Dowman manga. Two naked anything sharing a bed are probably lovers in a Dowman manga, for that matter. Sex is fun, love is good, people are awful, consequences are a bitch.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Heyy! It's our favorite demon king, showing us again one of the many ways in which a demon king is a far far better pet than a dog.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

You guys are jerks. Because of this thread I'm now reading three ongoing comics (Centaur's Worries, Flying Witch, and the pet demon king one) and I'm stuck waiting for new chapters with the rest of you.

:bahgawd: There outta be a law that you can only post completed comics.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I've been "reading" Hunter x Hunter for 8 years. It's my #1 favorite manga of all time. No sass from you :(

My condolences to Berserk readers. I just can't take the plunge...

Reiche fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Feb 8, 2015

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

GloomMouse posted:

You guys are jerks. Because of this thread I'm now reading three ongoing comics (Centaur's Worries, Flying Witch, and the pet demon king one) and I'm stuck waiting for new chapters with the rest of you.

:bahgawd: There outta be a law that you can only post completed comics.

The only solution is to start reading even more ongoing comics so that you have enough releases for a seamless Surreal Daily Life Manga experience.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy loving poo poo hold the phones and shut up about whinin', after three years of nothing there's a new Dainana Joshikai Houkou!

Already off to a great start :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Holy loving poo poo hold the phones and shut up about whinin', after three years of nothing there's a new Dainana Joshikai Houkou!

Heyyy! At long last! Finally some group has decided to pick this up!! :neckbeard:

I'm so glad, because I just love this author's style -- there's just something wonderful and dreamy about the way she draws things, and the stories that she writes. She's fantastic at "dream logic" stories. If folks have never read her short series, "The Faces of a Double Star", they would be well-advised to do so, because it's a pretty good introduction to the "feel" of this author.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Awesome. I loving love this manga. Here's hoping updates continue.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Kumamiko is back!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Captain Invictus posted:

Started reading this and it's pretty great. Weird without being creepy and most of all, funny.

coathat
May 21, 2007

That's awesome but if they don't put out some more soviet witch soon I'll commit violence.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Heyyy! At long last! Finally some group has decided to pick this up!! :neckbeard:

:eng101: It's actually the same group. The raws they had had missing pages and apparently it just took them this long to fix it. We had the same problem with Mikake no Nijuusei. I guess whoever scans the author's stuff just doesn't like double checking to make sure all the pages are there?

Fun fact: I actually translated this over a year ago.

Here's something people might want to keep an eye on: Takeo-chan Bukkairoku. It's your standard girl goes to live in haunted house story. But the main character's unusual reaction to the situation is what makes it, I think. I know some people don't like things that are just starting up but the next chapter should be out I'm hoping in the next week or two and then, hopefully again, pretty regularly from then on. It's also from the author of Love Roma, which some people seem to like a lot.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Joshlemagne posted:

Fun fact: I actually translated this over a year ago.

Nice! I'm glad it's at least still being worked on. And you do a good job. :)

quote:

Here's something people might want to keep an eye on: Takeo-chan Bukkairoku. It's your standard girl goes to live in haunted house story. But the main character's unusual reaction to the situation is what makes it, I think. I know some people don't like things that are just starting up but the next chapter should be out I'm hoping in the next week or two and then, hopefully again, pretty regularly from then on. It's also from the author of Love Roma, which some people seem to like a lot.

Oh cool! Actually, I picked up Love Roma a while ago when it caught my eye as I was in the stacks in the teen graphic novels section (I work at a library!), and it has an odd charm to it. More people should read it, if they like quirky romantic comedies. It's not very surreal, but unlike your typical romantic comedy manga, doesn't have every page crammed with sleaze and fanservice.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Goodness the latest chapter of Renai Kaidan Psycho-san Sayoko-san is something special.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Goodness the latest chapter of Renai Kaidan Psycho-san Sayoko-san is something special.

Oh hey this one, I completely forgot that this existed. Actually, the other manga just posted a few posts ago reminded me of it and I was trying to remember what the title of this was, so I'm glad you posted it. Time to catch up!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm reading through this now, the dead girl and the concept of virtual heaven is fascinating.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Nate RFB posted:

Her mood is certainly easily seen on her face.

Also, that last page... :allears:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

The bear's right, just buy everything online, you never have to leave the house.

coathat
May 21, 2007

New dowman http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/hana-to-alice-douman-seiman-r13618

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
On a scale of one to hyper-fired, how :nws: is this one? I always enjoy his stuff, but it's often not 9-5 material.

Thanks. I am intrigued. Wish there was more translated!
\/\/\/\/

Squidster fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 17, 2015

coathat
May 21, 2007

Click on friend

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

If you missed it on Valentine's everyone's favorite Pet Demon King manga updated recently. This time it's a beach episode!! And it has just the hottest merman ever!!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Well, this will probably be awesome.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Squidster posted:

Thanks. I am intrigued. Wish there was more translated!

You'll have to wait for more to be published.

It looks like this is a promotional thing being published on the web for an anime movie. It seems to only be two chapters, with the first going up yesterday and the second going up next week.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone made a wish on a particularly odd star apparently, since all these long-untranslated mangas are suddenly being translated again. For example, fuckin' Mr. Macho is being scanlated again.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Doukyuusei-no-Maccho-kun/Ch-002--Friend?id=221296

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Apparently a prequel to an upcoming anime movie that is in of itself a prequel to a live-action movie from 2004? Anyway this was pretty good though the live action movie's plot synopsis sounds dumb.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Two more Centaur's. The first seems to be continuing the plot from a couple chapters ago. The second, less so.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The latest chapter of Girls Group No. 7 is about friendship, robots, and mermaids. It's positively magical. :allears:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Please take care of your demon kings responsibly and keep them properly vaccinated.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Saiki got a new chapter! The new scanlator said it might be their only release though sadly.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I think my favorite part here is how he has a natural spell-barrier that comes up if he's frightened. :3:

Zai X 10

I really love all the Assassin chapters, because they're just so bizarre and surreal. Dude is just unkillable!! Especially that gag with the almonds, it's great!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Let's nupu nupu is pretty drat surreal.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
In the newest Hinamatsuri chapter, Hitomi goes to America!

I don't remember if the series has a thread, so here it is. It's great.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Nondevor posted:

In the newest Hinamatsuri chapter, Hitomi goes to America!

I don't remember if the series has a thread, so here it is. It's great.
Oh my loving god. This is the best chapter in the whole thing.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Beautiful. I love how Hinamatsuri is barely even about Hina any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Due to her naivete, Hitomi is forced to become a cold blooded killing machine. :allears:

• Locked thread