Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Raluek posted:

...and a Trans Fer?

don't gender/kink shame :v:

e; I always have the worst snypes in this thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Terrible Robot posted:

don't gender/kink shame :v:

Yeah I guess it's a trans fur, isn't it.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Raluek posted:

...and a Trans Fer?

There's a DickFor joke in there but I'm not quite reaching it.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Not my kind of thing but IIRC some AIers like these:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4911866511.html

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I've been trolling the craig for bmw wagons and I came across these.

This is a little too old for me at the moment but it looks clean and would be a good scoop for the bmw crowd if the maintenance checks out.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4908695233.html

Rust being the bane of all things old in the North, here is a "rust free" M car that needs some love.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ctd/4910459442.html

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 1, 2015

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

Brother of ranwen parkes.

Haha

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
wtt crx - $2500

He want's to trade for something drivable.

Citycop fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 2, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It took me a moment to realize that was paint. Why the gently caress...

That car looks worse than it is. And it is bad.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Call the ATF, that thing needs to be burned to the ground.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

ThirstyBuck posted:

I've been trolling the craig for bmw wagons and I came across these.

This is a little too old for me at the moment but it looks clean and would be a good scoop for the bmw crowd if the maintenance checks out.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4908695233.html

Rust being the bane of all things old in the North, here is a "rust free" M car that needs some love.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ctd/4910459442.html

They run a collision shop apparently and can't put the fender + new trim on themselves? I noticed they didn't mention the salvage title that it invariably has.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Octopus Magic posted:

They run a collision shop apparently and can't put the fender + new trim on themselves? I noticed they didn't mention the salvage title that it invariably has.

It's there, 'rebuilt'.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Octopus Magic posted:

If Addams posted it, it's pretty much assumed a salvage title or rebuilt even if it doesn't get mentioned in the ad, since that's what they primarily deal in. They probably didn't put the fender on themselves because they put enough into it to make it roadworthy, not pretty. Also what they do as SOP.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

BlackMK4 posted:

It's there, 'rebuilt'.

I didn't even notice the title status on the right. Stupid new CL system.

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.
It's a used car that's been lovingly refreshed. Not sure that makes resetting the odometer to 46 miles totally legit. Or the price tag.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic...=US_Cars_Trucks

MSRP on a new 1990 CRX was about $10k, in case you're curious.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4901310159.html

This can't be legit....

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Considering that the DOT is actively seeking out these cars and crushing them... it probably is. It's not a federally legal car.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Considering that the DOT is actively seeking out these cars and crushing them... it probably is. It's not a federally legal car.

How long until the first skylines become legal? I see a huge import business popping up overnight.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

KillHour posted:

How long until the first skylines become legal? I see a huge import business popping up overnight.

1989 is legal right now.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

BlackMK4 posted:

You can't even import them? Weird, I would think the DOT would be concerned with cars on the road.

If you want to piss people off, refer to an Infinit G35 as a Skyline.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You can't even import them? Weird, I would think the DOT would be concerned with cars on the road.

You can import them under show and display, but the 25 year exemption for actually registering it for normal use comes is based on the production date. so that car is still 2 years from being legal to use on the roads in the US.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There was a giant clusterfuck surrounding the GTR a while ago involving the RI bringing in cars that weren't what they were saying they were (only the R33 was able to be imported), not doing the proper retrofits, and letting them go. Read into the Motorex story.

Powershift posted:

You can import them under show and display, but the 25 year exemption for actually registering it for normal use comes is based on the production date. so that car is still 2 years from being legal to use on the roads in the US.

All of the Skylines are on the blacklist for importation for show/display.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BlackMK4 posted:

There was a giant clusterfuck surrounding the GTR a while ago involving the RI bringing in cars that weren't what they were saying they were (only the R33 was able to be imported), not doing the proper retrofits, and letting them go. Read into the Motorex story.

All of the Skylines are on the blacklist for importation for show/display.

Nah there's a bunch you can import.

here's the PDF list.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/sdlist040109.pdf

EDIT: Those ugly rear end early 2000s Aston Martins sure are popular.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Throatwarbler posted:

Nah there's a bunch you can import.

here's the PDF list.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/sdlist040109.pdf

EDIT: Those ugly rear end early 2000s Aston Martins sure are popular.

You are looking at the wrong PDF. The only Skyline on the S&D whitelist is the Skyline GTR R34 V-SPEC Early Model Limited Edition. Look at the blacklist.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/ShoworDisplayDisapprovedVehiclesoctober2014.xlsx

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The fact that the 2014 black list contains that many more models than the 2011 blacklist shows a whole bunch of people tried sneaking them in. cheeky cunts.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BlackMK4 posted:

You are looking at the wrong PDF. The only Skyline on the S&D whitelist is the Skyline GTR R34 V-SPEC Early Model Limited Edition. Look at the blacklist.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/ShoworDisplayDisapprovedVehiclesoctober2014.xlsx

Yes but that is still A Skyline that can be imported?

So "All of the Skylines are on the blacklist for importation for show/display." is not the case, but well anyway I take your point.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Throatwarbler posted:

Yes but that is still A Skyline that can be imported?

So "All of the Skylines are on the blacklist for importation for show/display." is not the case, but well anyway I take your point.

There is no such thing as a Limited Edition 1999 GT-R.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

For American Godzilla it goes like this:
-Only the R32 Nismo has gotten in using show or display: http://www.showordisplay.com/2012/12/1990-nissan-nismo-skyline-r32-gt-r.html
-The R33 can come in if it goes through someone that properly federalizes it, since Motorex at least did that one right before loving it up for everyone else: http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/FAQ%20Site/pages/page10.html
-25 years or older means no one gives a poo poo unless California
-Offroad use only is okay too I think
Everything else becomes a JDM steel cube

e:

project does not mean scrap

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 3, 2015

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BlackMK4 posted:

There is no such thing as a Limited Edition 1999 GT-R.

razorscooter posted:

For American Godzilla it goes like this:
-Only the R32 Nismo has gotten in using show or display: http://www.showordisplay.com/2012/12/1990-nissan-nismo-skyline-r32-gt-r.html
-The R33 can come in if it goes through someone that properly federalizes it, since Motorex at least did that one right before loving it up for everyone else: http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/FAQ%20Site/pages/page10.html
-25 years or older means no one gives a poo poo unless California
-Offroad use only is okay too I think
Everything else becomes a JDM steel cube

The guy who runs gtrusablog.com has a 1999 V spec that he brought in under show and display. I get some inkling that maybe it is different now? It's not clear looking at all the information.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Throatwarbler posted:

The guy who runs gtrusablog.com has a 1999 V spec that he brought in under show and display. I get some inkling that maybe it is different now? It's not clear looking at all the information.

Google the name Sean Morris and GTR, he owns that site. ;) You'll understand once you read about him a little bit.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
4 door jaguar with an el camino truck bed. I'm phone posting, will add image later.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4902742832.html

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

IIRC the whole thing with Motorex was that you can bypass the 25 year rule if you modify the car to comply with DOT regulations. Motorex initially started doing this with Skylines then at some point stopped and some cars were released to the public unmodified and/or stolen. Motorex's record keeping was so sloppy that there was no real info which cars were DOT compliant and which weren't so they instituted a blanket policy of seizing and crushing any cars found and banning it from being imported in the future.

My memory is a little fuzz and I believe its just the R32 that is banned, and once the 25 years is up its free to import. Could be wrong though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

IIRC the whole thing with Motorex was that you can bypass the 25 year rule if you modify the car to comply with DOT regulations. Motorex initially started doing this with Skylines then at some point stopped and some cars were released to the public unmodified and/or stolen. Motorex's record keeping was so sloppy that there was no real info which cars were DOT compliant and which weren't so they instituted a blanket policy of seizing and crushing any cars found and banning it from being imported in the future.

My memory is a little fuzz and I believe its just the R32 that is banned, and once the 25 years is up its free to import. Could be wrong though.

My understanding is that they federalized R33s, then started bringing in R32s and R34s claiming they were the same thing, which threw every car they ever imported into limbo, with the r32s/R34s being absolutely illegal, and the R33s being suspect.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I know a guy with a fully legal V-Spec Nismo 2001 R34 and he paid $120,000 for it (through motorex) and he has no problems DDing it. He said something about how a few of the first R34s through motorex were grandfathered in as long as they could prove that the required modifications had been performed and he had all the paperwork saying that it was. Someone else local to here imported a 1989 R32 from Canada with no issue, but he knew his poo poo and had all the correct paperwork filled out and ready to go. Border didn't give him any beef and neither did the state when he registered it.

Picture of said car:

I had seen a GTR or two in UFs thread and assumed that it must have an '89, so I went rooting around on CL and found a '91 and I just couldn't believe it (RIP, probably)

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 3, 2015

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Right now 1989-1990 R32's are legal to import under the 25 year rule. Caveat: there is a shitton of paperwork involved. Doug DeMuro has chronicled his efforts to get a clean 1990 R32, and I think his should be arriving in the next week or two.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

My understanding is that they federalized R33s, then started bringing in R32s and R34s claiming they were the same thing, which threw every car they ever imported into limbo, with the r32s/R34s being absolutely illegal, and the R33s being suspect.

That sounds about right. Its been a while since I read up on the story so I don't remember all the facts. The whole thing was escalated when the DOT realized there was no real record of what was federalized and what wasn't and that was the real root of the problem. There was some car theft element to it too which probably factored into the DOT's decision to just say "gently caress it all of them need to be gone."

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Why is there an obsession over those cars?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

grass is always greener, and all that.

They're everywhere here, and it's pretty much just a japanese mustang that's hard to insure and gets stolen a lot.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

It's like those weird people that import things like old muscle cars and bugs and the like overseas. They just want a cool car you can't get at home.

e: I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to jump on the Skyline GT-R train when I get the money, to me those are some of the best looking cars ever made.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Based on what I understand, they make a huge amount of power and are very reliable compared to other cars with 600hp, they're relatively easy to work on, theyre awd, they don't look like any other car that's available in the US, and some people would really like that RHD thing to be unique or stand out or whatever.

I would own one given the chance, but I have a feeling that an R34 will be crazy expensive by the time they're legal to import, and the ones that are affordable will be garbage bins. Australia/NZ pick over Japan for old used cars and leaves Canada and the rest of the world the scraps, then the US can pick over those scraps ten years later after sitting in either Japan or the frozen wastes of Canada during that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I think the whole 4-wheel-steering thing is cool, but then again, the 300zx has it, and you can get a nice TT Z32 for 10-15k, rather than 120k.