Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Is there some sort of fee to trademark things because I'm going to start, then corner, the hashtag squatting industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

Glad that you trademarked that, because it is just QIYD. Good luck cashing in on lovely internet acronyms!

Sounds like somebody is attempting to get around my trademark. You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Crotch Bat posted:

Who is John Mackovic and why should I care?
Former Texas coach who got run out, then ran an Arizona team that went 12-1 a few years before into the ground so badly that Mike Stoops needed some five years or so to get Arizona to a bowl game.

He sucks.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Apparently Real rear end Spurrier is on Twitter now

https://twitter.com/SC_HBC

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Korranus posted:

Apparently Real rear end Spurrier is on Twitter now

https://twitter.com/SC_HBC

I'm surprised he didn't before. I know he's an old dude but I figured all FBS head coaches were expected to have twitters nowadays.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know if I should be surprised or if it makes perfect sense that one of the first people he followed was Darius Rucker.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

I'm surprised he didn't before. I know he's an old dude but I figured all FBS head coaches were expected to have twitters nowadays.

Ferentz has requested that he be hit in the head with a baseball bat if he ever gets one so here's hoping!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Spurrier deleted his first post where he tagged the wrong USC

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lamentable dustman posted:

lol

well i guess its nice to see a coach using twitter instead of some intern

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Sounds like somebody is attempting to get around my trademark. You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Jokes on you guys. The real money is in trade marking SMH and SMDH.

Also the Hatin rear end Spurrier Twitter owns.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

see even your loving coach knows that y'all aren't the real USC.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Some might say it's the right USC.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Crotch Bat posted:

Who is John Mackovic and why should I care?

star of my favorite spike jonze movie

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Crotch Bat posted:

Some might say it's the right USC.
Much like everyone knows OSU refers to Oregon State University, MSU refers to Murray State University, and UA refers to Arizona, USC refers to South Carolina.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Much like everyone knows OSU refers to Oregon State University, MSU refers to Murray State University, and UA refers to Arizona, USC refers to South Carolina.

Don't forget about the University of Tampa.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

MSU refers to Murray State University

I believe scionix will tell you that it is actually Morehead State

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 2, 2015

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

MourningView posted:

I believe scionix will tell you that it is actually Morehead State

As a Morehead State alum, I can confirm that Morehead State is, in fact, the one true MSU.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Did you go there at the time when those hats were in style? I imagine a campus full of assholes proudly sporting those.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Growing up in Oregon, then moving to Oklahoma, and having Ohio State nationally known as OSU has made me generally very confused about which is the real OSU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Father of A&M commitment trademarks #WRTS, a hashtag tweeted plenty by the Aggies that means "We Run This State".

I'm still uncertain, at this point in time, what state they're talking about.

Rick Perry is an aggie, yes?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

DOOP posted:

Rick Perry is an aggie, yes?

Yup.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
He literally has the Hitler haircut

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

aaaaand done.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wish college sweaters were still in fashion

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

If this is the next evolution of "shaky & googly eyes", I'm on board.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

fixed this for you

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Why is the dogstache above its nose this is driving me nuts

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Did you go there at the time when those hats were in style? I imagine a campus full of assholes proudly sporting those.

I bet everybody at Morehead had a white Oregon State or South Carolina hat.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Don't forget about the University of Tampa.

Go Spartans Bitch!

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
"Dealing with the low character limits is a real challenge. Makes me appreciate what Coach Bowden did back in the 90s.

'Course, that's still higher than the word limit for a term paper at UNC."

:)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG's schedule is out, I'd imagine the rest of the MAC's is as well.

@Tenn, @Maryland, vs. Memphis, @Purdue, @Buffalo, vs. UMass, vs. Akron, @Kent, vs. Ohio, @WMU, vs. Toledo, @Ball St.

I... have no idea how any of this is going to go. Obviously Tennessee is going to smoke us and we're not beating Maryland. Offense will probably still score shitloads but it'd be nice if the defense went back to the Dave Clawson days where they did things like.... tackle.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Lotta games that could go either way and also a loss to Kent, good schedule.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Things are getting a little bit more interesting re: Chavis' lawsuit

Possible recruiting violations by A&M and Chavis?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lotta games that could go either way and also a loss to Kent, good schedule.

Oh you :3:

Also Behold the 2015 UMass Farewell Tour, which somehow starts with a bye week. lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

DJExile posted:

BG's schedule is out, I'd imagine the rest of the MAC's is as well.

@Tenn, @Maryland, vs. Memphis, @Purdue, @Buffalo, vs. UMass, vs. Akron, @Kent, vs. Ohio, @WMU, vs. Toledo, @Ball St.

I... have no idea how any of this is going to go. Obviously Tennessee is going to smoke us and we're not beating Maryland. Offense will probably still score shitloads but it'd be nice if the defense went back to the Dave Clawson days where they did things like.... tackle.

All you get is 5 home games all year? God it must suck rooting for a non-P5 team.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We had the same deal 2 seasons back, I didn't mind because traveling is always fun and it's not exactly as if we get huge support at home games anyway.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Meltathon posted:

All you get is 5 home games all year? God it must suck rooting for a non-P5 team.

I think we had an FCS team to start the season so it would have been 6. Tennessee was supposed to start the year against UAB, until they folded the program. We jumped on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

Obviously Tennessee is going to smoke us

It's been a long time since anyone said this.

• Locked thread