Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fetus Tree posted:

What about a burger kfc double down style

So a tripple without a bun? Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

aren't patty melts usually on toast?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 232 days!)

a large trout posted:

aren't patty melts usually on toast?

you forgot the strange cheese

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Can I ask what you got?
I think I mentioned before in this thread, but I live deep in the heart of Wisconsin. Real Culver's territory, if you catch my drift...

And everything I've gotten, from fries to burgs to sandwiches has been so greasy as to be just...gross.
I got a patty melt once that I could have literally wrung the grease out of like a dishcloth, and fries multiple times, that were just wet and limp.

bacon double

i guess it was greasy but that usually doesnt really bother me also cheese curds hell ya

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

So a tripple without a bun? Sure.

Nah nah, chicken beef chicken

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh hot drat. Why haven't I done that before.

Next burg session is going to prominently feature cheese curds.

Fetus Tree posted:

Nah nah, chicken beef chicken
Not enough beef to chicken ratio for me to consider it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

Not enough beef to chicken ratio for me to consider it.

well in this case the chicken is thin fried patties that take the place of bread

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

well in this case the chicken is thin fried patties that take the place of bread

I'd try it.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Big Beef City posted:

Can I ask what you got?
I think I mentioned before in this thread, but I live deep in the heart of Wisconsin. Real Culver's territory, if you catch my drift...

And everything I've gotten, from fries to burgs to sandwiches has been so greasy as to be just...gross.
I got a patty melt once that I could have literally wrung the grease out of like a dishcloth, and fries multiple times, that were just wet and limp.

It sounds like your Culver's has lovely management

Also don't order a patty melt if you don't want something greasy, since it's griddled in grease at the end

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in Australia any meat pattie (or similar) in a bun is a burger, as God intended.

Sandwiches are anything with two slices of bread (or similar) with stuff inbetween.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

iajanus posted:

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in Australia any meat pattie (or similar) in a bun is a burger, as God intended.

it does not work that way here because that is dumb. I always see menus from UK and the like where the heading is "Burgers" and then the options are "grilled chicken breast," "BBQ pork," and "crab cake."

those aren't burgers you schmucks

x on a bun doesn't make a burger

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Has anyone here actually been to the Heart Attack Grill? If so is it actually any good? It looks solidly gross.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why are you idiots putting crab cake on a bun and calling it a burger?!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Norns posted:

Why are you idiots putting crab cake on a bun and calling it a burger?!

this is why we dropped the bombs

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

how does a patty melt differ from a burger?

it's a burger with toast (aka slices of bread) instead of a bun and has cheese melted in between - usually swiss but sometimes cheddar or just whatever is on hand. just made one. eating it now. not photo worthy but drat tasty.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

thathonkey posted:

it's a burger with toast (aka slices of bread) instead of a bun and has cheese melted in between - usually swiss but sometimes cheddar or just whatever is on hand. just made one. eating it now. not photo worthy but drat tasty.

you forgot the fried onions

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thathonkey posted:

sounds like two thirds of a club sandwich

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
naw it's nothing like a club sandwich per se:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i want a burger club stat

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah i mean not that that is a bad idea but a pattery melt is something different. i love a good club sandwich so i very much approve of this concept you've invented. somebody itt needs to make one and let us know what's up

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Im next leveling my future patty melt with cheese curds. Guess I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow.

I think I'll break out the meat grinder for the patties too.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

thinkin about puttin some avocado on my next burg

discuss?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

something like this

i really like that slice of lettuce under the burg although i could foresee it becoming detrimental to the foundation

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

a large trout posted:

discuss?

Always a good move. I like habenero slivers when I do the avacado thing though. Not sure how you feel about heat though.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

a large trout posted:

something like this

i really like that slice of lettuce under the burg although i could foresee it becoming detrimental to the foundation

I personally think that avocado is a little too bland to throw on a burger, I have thrown guacamole on burgers to great success but avocado slices are mehhh.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
question does anyone live in a place where the mcdonlads burgs look like they advertsimenets

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

no burger looks like an advertisement because the burgers in advertisements are made by people paid six figure salaries and they spend weeks in meetings putting it together to emphasize the various toppings and condiments and make sure its consistent with their branding. then they pay professional photographers and "food artists" to make a bunch of different perfect photos and at the end they chose the best one

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

LeoMarr posted:

I personally think that avocado is a little too bland to throw on a burger, I have thrown guacamole on burgers to great success but avocado slices are mehhh.

see this is why i asked

this is a very good idea

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

perhaps i'll use jack blacks recipe just because

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Alan Smithee posted:

question does anyone live in a place where the mcdonlads burgs look like they advertsimenets

nothing mcdonalds serves looks like anything they advertise

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

I ate at a McDonald's in Seoul that had sexy bigmacs.

They also had Korean bbq pork sandwiches. Not pulled pork, but sausage patties. Was pretty good.

Norns fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 3, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

no burger looks like an advertisement because the burgers in advertisements are made by people paid six figure salaries and they spend weeks in meetings putting it together to emphasize the various toppings and condiments and make sure its consistent with their branding. then they pay professional photographers and "food artists" to make a bunch of different perfect photos and at the end they chose the best one

West SAAB Story posted:

nothing mcdonalds serves looks like anything they advertise

I believe in a place where such exists

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Norns posted:

I ate at a McDonald's in Seoul that had sexy bigmacs.

They also had Korean bbq pork sandwiches. Not pulled pork, but sausage parties. Was pretty good.

I imagine I will feel the same way a Nork does the first time he sinks his teeth into one

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Alan Smithee posted:

I believe in a place where such exists

narnia?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a large trout posted:

discuss?

its good.

i prefer to just go full on guacamole though.

yes

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just keep that pickle off the guaced up burg and you're straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Norns posted:

Just keep that pickle off the guaced up burg and you're straight.

I replace it with lime slices, but that's just me

• Locked thread