Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dalael posted:

If a private citizen is not be allowed to keep the kind of highly destructive doomsday weapons built by an narcissistic egonomaniacal engineer in his vault, then this fictional america might as well be nazi germany. :colbert:

So any announcement regarding this show? How did it fare in the ratings? Are they planning of making more?

What I've been hearing is that the ratings were pretty sketchy but the prognosticators still aren't ready to call it yet. There still may be a chance of renewal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Also, was the chronology of the end of SHIELD totally hosed up? It was like four or five days after Hydra surfaced and Maria was employed by Stark and bitching about congressional committees like she'd been seeing them for months.

To be fair, congressional committees don't seem like the most entertaining thing, if I'd been dealing with them for 2-3 days after saving the east coast from magic airships that murdered smart people I'd be a little pissy too.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

MikeJF posted:

Also, was the chronology of the end of SHIELD totally hosed up? It was like four or five days after Hydra surfaced and Maria was employed by Stark and bitching about congressional committees like she'd been seeing them for months.

It probably felt like months!

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

XboxPants posted:

What I've been hearing is that the ratings were pretty sketchy but the prognosticators still aren't ready to call it yet. There still may be a chance of renewal.

I think the biggest problem with the ratings is that Big 4 TV audiences don't like "period piece" backdrops, and that Agents of SHIELD is not gangbusters anyway.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's pretty funny that the ultimate message of Agent Carter ends up being 'yeah, that whole thing was a terrible idea and should never have happened'. Not the most empowering sentiment.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
And simply because we don't have a Daredevil thread quite yet, heeeeeeeeere's Kingpin!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"This is my crime syndicate. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And simply because we don't have a Daredevil thread quite yet, heeeeeeeeere's Kingpin!

I have no idea who he is. But my first thought was the guy from The Shield.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kheldarn posted:

Vincent D'Onofrio, he's been in stuff.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kheldarn posted:

I will agree that D'onofrio's looking pretty Chiklis-y in this role.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I didn't even recognize him at first, and I know him the best for being bald and fat to begin with (I'm sure most of us do).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

He's no Michael Clarke Duncan (RIP :() but few people can be. I can buy him as Kingpin.

Random-shmuck-on-the-internet-approved.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It would probably (definitely) be a terrible idea, but I always kind of hope they'd cast The Big Show as the Kingpin :sweatdrop:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OH! It's Thor! Well, that's gonna be weird. But I guess no weirder than Johnny Storm as Captain America...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kheldarn posted:

OH! It's Thor! Well, that's gonna be weird.

Heh, At first I thought you were very mistaken, but then an old memory was triggered.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kheldarn posted:

OH! It's Thor! Well, that's gonna be weird. But I guess no weirder than Johnny Storm as Captain America...

How the gently caress can you even remember that unless you watched Adventures in Babysitting recently? Holy gently caress.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Confession. When I was a kid, I wasn't into comic books and I totally thought that Thor was a fake superhero that the movie made up. I knew about the god, just not the superhero.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Fun fact: they're all made up

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lycus posted:

Confession. When I was a kid, I wasn't into comic books and I totally thought that Thor was a fake superhero that the movie made up. I knew about the god, just not the superhero.

Me too probably, I've only really been into comics and superheroes for the past 10 or so years really.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Deakul posted:

How the gently caress can you even remember that unless you watched Adventures in Babysitting recently? Holy gently caress.

Marvel certainly remembers (notice the Thor reference).

I would watch the Fox remake of Adventures in Babysitting.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So, the all-white comic Kingpin look is fine and everything, but goddamn that is an amazing loving suit. Killing it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There's going to be a scene where Vincent D'onofrio strangles a dude, and he's really going to sell it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deakul posted:

He'll always be Thor to me. When I told my wife who was cast as Kingpin, she also went, "Oh, Thor!".

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

wiegieman posted:

There's going to be a scene where Vincent D'onofrio strangles a dude, and he's really going to sell it.

I hope they do that scene where that henchman fails and Kingpin basically tells the man how he's going to die and the guy doesn't even blink.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was right about them adding Mockingbird to the cast, so I'm going to throw out that if we see any actual major inhumans, it will probably be Crystal.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Deakul posted:

Me too probably, I've only really been into comics and superheroes for the past 10 or so years really.

I do not believe I have ever read a comic book in my life... Well, not in the traditional sense of comic books anyways.. Does Archie count? I really only started liking superheroes when I met my gf who is a huge Marvel fan. I've been sticking it to her ever since by telling her that DC comics looks better and has better story telling. :smuggo:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Then she knows she's smarter than you by now.
:)

one thing DC hasn't had in forever is good story telling.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Jerusalem posted:

It would probably (definitely) be a terrible idea, but I always kind of hope they'd cast The Big Show as the Kingpin :sweatdrop:

I sentence you to watching Knucklehead.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Jerusalem posted:

Well, he has done random bits of acting before...

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

twistedmentat posted:

I was right about them adding Mockingbird to the cast, so I'm going to throw out that if we see any actual major inhumans, it will probably be Crystal.

My guess would be Karnak, only because "minority casting" and kung fu. Lockjaw would be the best, though.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Deakul posted:

Seriously. I watched it not that long ago and still never noticed it was D'Onofrio. Then again, to me he'll always be Private Pyle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jscolon2.0 posted:

I sentence you to watching Knucklehead.

This post is a war crime :mad:

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Delsaber posted:

Well, he has done random bits of acting before...

To be fair, he was also in that one late episode of Psych (and wasn't bad there, not great but not bad).

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

HotCanadianChick posted:

Seriously. I watched it not that long ago and still never noticed it was D'Onofrio. Then again, to me he'll always be Private Pyle.

I guess maybe D'Onofrio's weight has always fluctuated and that contributes to it, but I'm ALWAYS seeing him in stuff and not realizing until halfway through that its him. I knew about him for years when he was on that Law & Order show but I needed to actually see the credits of Full Metal Jacket to realize he was Pyle.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Basebf555 posted:

I guess maybe D'Onofrio's weight has always fluctuated and that contributes to it, but I'm ALWAYS seeing him in stuff and not realizing until halfway through that its him. I knew about him for years when he was on that Law & Order show but I needed to actually see the credits of Full Metal Jacket to realize he was Pyle.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up that he was Edgar in Men in Black but I think that's an easy one to forget too what with all the hamming it up and makeup.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
He was also Orson Welles, but they did not use his voice.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The Red Queen posted:

I'm surprised nobody has brought up that he was Edgar in Men in Black but I think that's an easy one to forget too what with all the hamming it up and makeup.

My dad, sister, and I all call him Bugman and refer to Law and Order CI as "Bugman" because of him in that movie.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

TARDISman posted:

My dad, sister, and I all call him Bugman and refer to Law and Order CI as "Bugman" because of him in that movie.
My husband and I still quote that line his wife said about him in that movie whenever someone mentions sugar.

In... water.

Sugarwater.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You're all dumb and wrong.
He's the beautiful psycho king from The Cell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZfaE4HIsjU&t=136s

Deakul fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

TARDISman posted:

Say what you will, but Vincent D'Onofrio was great in that role. In general, he's a loving great actor.

"They should've cast this pro wrestler," is absurd nonsense, by the way. Stanley Kubrick once said Vincent D'Onofrio could be the next Lon Chaney, because his performance as Pyle was that intense and impressive. And Marvel cast him as a theatrically huge mob boss.

He may be the casting decision I'm most excited about.

• Locked thread