Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How has no one mentioned Sandy Crow yet? Bad rear end scarred motherfucker with a hole in his neck. Even the one off characters in this show are awesome.

Chayton's execution was gruesome as gently caress goddamn :commissar:

Holy poo poo crazy Colonel Terminator wants his money back. He and the PMC mercs are going to tear some poo poo up looking for it.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not sure to interpret that as him being castrated or him having a micropenis, actually. Rebecca's reaction seemed to be more surprise and amusement than, y'know, "HOLY poo poo YOU DON'T HAVE GENITALS. :stonk:"

She was definitely horrified / surprised at first. But yea then she mockingly smiled at him at the end of the scene.

But still, you guys have it all wrong. It wasn't his :dong:, but the size of his balls.

they are massive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chayton just got HIS loving FACE BLOWN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is next level.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I took the Burton/Rebecca thing as he doesn't have a dick.

Or, maybe he has two dicks!

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Burton's a woman. It all makes sense now.

Jokes aside, i feel that if anyone would value a true and loyal bro over his crazy egotitstical niece, it would be Proctor. The scene at the funeral had me at the edge of my seat, but what made me finally slip down was when Colonel Stowe described Hood as "gone soft".

Also, the several Chayton vs Hood fights were all top-notch. At one point on the balcony i expected Hood to reach into Chayton's stomach and rip his guts out. And i liked the wearing down of the big guy and the finality when they ended it.

Well, that leaves Hood and Stowe to level the town and the awkward tag-team of Burton and Rebecca to kill a drug-cartel or two. The next (two???) episodes are gonna be insane.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I thought it was clear that Rebecca wasn't laughing at Burton's massive sized balls but rather the fact that she won. Burton is most loyal to Kai but he can't go to Kai with this since he isn't sure how Kai will respond.

With Burton defeated, there's nobody else in the organization that will be a problem.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:magical:

Well, that was quite possibly the most definitive way of finishing up a storyline I've seen on TV. With Chayton out of the way and Rebecca's storyline progressing the way it does, I wonder whether this season might be the last we see of Proctor.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Clearing out all the enlisted men from Camp Genoa leaves it clear to be the final thunderdome for:
-Team Hood
-Team Colonel Terminator and his mercs
-Kai's crew
-Rebecca's MS-13 buddies
-The guys who took Kai
-Burton the 1-man army
-Any remaining Redbones
-Bunker's old Nazi buddies

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Perestroika posted:

:magical:

Well, that was quite possibly the most definitive way of finishing up a storyline I've seen on TV. With Chayton out of the way and Rebecca's storyline progressing the way it does, I wonder whether this season might be the last we see of Proctor.

I am pretty sure that Rebecca knew that she was busted (or it was just a matter of time), so she made a naive power play and let the Philly gang in on the fact that proctor was "selling" drugs to the Salvadorians on the side. Otherwise, why not grab her as well? Or, why grab Proctor's new babe? Rebecca set it all up. She is not long for the world.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think Hood's going to save Proctor's rear end, paralleling the times it's gone the other way around. Alternately Proctor's gonna wreck poo poo.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I love this show. I've been pretty much begging my friends to watch it. I'm upset that Siobhan died. She was one of my favorite characters. Oh well, as long as Job continues to be fabulous then I guess things will be okay. Stowe mentioning Hood losing his edge was the first time I really thought about that even though it was shown in the alt-history flashback. Season one Hood would have just bashed Chayton's head in with a rock while he slept.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 2, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Only on Banshee could we describe the guy who just hunted down another man and removed half of his head with a shotgun as going soft

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
He's gone soft because he let it get to that point. Siobhan wouldn't be dead if Hood hadn't gone soft from whatever point he was at. In the end, Chayton still got what he deserved; put down like the animal he aspired to be.

Slight tangent that I don't think was ever covered: I know the Pacific Northwest/Southeast Alaskan tribes use the raven iconography that Chayton has on his back, but do the Northeastern tribes use it also? He seems to have every Native American tribe/tribal region represented somewhere on his body.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think the Kinaho are supposed to just be generic pan-Native American, rather than representative of any particular tribe.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coffeehitler posted:

He's gone soft because he let it get to that point. Siobhan wouldn't be dead if Hood hadn't gone soft from whatever point he was at. In the end, Chayton still got what he deserved; put down like the animal he aspired to be.

Slight tangent that I don't think was ever covered: I know the Pacific Northwest/Southeast Alaskan tribes use the raven iconography that Chayton has on his back, but do the Northeastern tribes use it also? He seems to have every Native American tribe/tribal region represented somewhere on his body.

Hood has had battle>sex>battle>sex>battle>sex>battle>battle>battle> revenge, for some time now. He's not soft, he's just lost it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The entire point of that scene was that Hood hasn't actually gone soft, as we see later- Col. Stowe thinks he has Hood nailed down, but really, really doesn't, and is gonna get his poo poo pushed in for it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My favourite scene this season was Rebecca and Burton teaming up and attacking the van. They worked really well together and I thought they were going to become closer allies.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

My favourite scene this season was Rebecca and Burton teaming up and attacking the van. They worked really well together and I thought they were going to become closer allies.

After that scene, I was definitely thinking "Banshee Power Couple" but now...are we even sure Burton's not a eunuch?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Stowe is a loving terminator though. He was kinda having his way with hood and then just dominated inside the van.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Stowe is a loving terminator though. He was kinda having his way with hood and then just dominated inside the van.

I think he had the advantage of surprise and also of close quarters, where a Marine with his training would excel if this show were trying to be like real life, which it totally isn't

I think Hood will totally take him in the almost-inevitable fight this season. It's just that no one was ready for Stowe to actually go all Robert Patrick on their asses in the van. You will note, however, that in the tunnel, Hood popped him good and dazed him long enough to be able to get in the van.

Still not sure how Stowe took like three shotty blasts, though. That's a stretch even for Banshee

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

life is killing me posted:

Still not sure how Stowe took like three shotty blasts, though. That's a stretch even for Banshee

Someone itt speculated they went in with beanbag rounds as a first resort since it was a military base and all. A badass could take 3 beanbags with kevlar.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
didn't have a plate carrier on? i mean it's standard issue.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

didn't have a plate carrier on? i mean it's standard issue.

He did have a plate carrier on, you could see it, but whether the SAPI plates were in there is subject to speculation. By the way he took the rounds if they were beanbag rounds, my guess is he had plates in, but beanbag rounds will knock a man on his rear end regardless.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Someone itt speculated they went in with beanbag rounds as a first resort since it was a military base and all. A badass could take 3 beanbags with kevlar.

That was me. Small rounds are less lethal than a shotgun. Don't we still have an insider on the show in this thread, he should ask what the what was with it.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I mean, dude had a plate carrier on it looked like, but whatever the gently caress he was doing just walking around with it on is anyone's guess. Without the plates it's a nuisance, with the plates? gently caress that poo poo. Hated wearing body armor every day and I continue to hate it even though it's no longer in my life. gently caress that poo poo with a fork sideways. He couldn't have had time to get that poo poo on either, he had to have it on already, otherwise it's a mess what with getting it on over his head and making sure it was snug with his torso and any sane person would say gently caress it can't I just go out without it?

Basically, what this boils down to, does this bro just walk around, 24/7, ready to go terminator on some poor wretched fucker's rear end?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty sure that guy is a DARPA robot

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy is a DARPA robot

Yes, he is a Marine

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Semper Sci-Fi?

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

life is killing me posted:

I mean, dude had a plate carrier on it looked like, but whatever the gently caress he was doing just walking around with it on is anyone's guess.

He put it on when he went to the IT guy and found out about the breach.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The ceramic SAPI plate is made to take one, possibly two, rifle round and shatter. The bean bag, at the range Stowe was shot from, probably did not have enough time to expand and disperse the force of the blast. So I could see the beanbag theory working if the first 2 rounds crack the plate and the third actually connecting to slow him down. Did he have a flak jacket on along with the plate? Those are Kevlar, that could help disperse the force as well.

At the minimum, Stowe should have some broken ribs.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

The ceramic SAPI plate is made to take one, possibly two, rifle round and shatter. The bean bag, at the range Stowe was shot from, probably did not have enough time to expand and disperse the force of the blast. So I could see the beanbag theory working if the first 2 rounds crack the plate and the third actually connecting to slow him down. Did he have a flak jacket on along with the plate? Those are Kevlar, that could help disperse the force as well.

If the people in this series would be as vulnerable as in real life, the show would just be a protagonist slaughterhouse, and its actors would only get one-episode contracts, though.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

red19fire posted:

Plate carriers are usually lined with Kevlar anyway. I've only ever seen pilots wear simple plate carriers.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If we don't see Chayton strolling back into Banshee with a big bandage covering half of his face and wrapped around his torso... well, I'm going to be mildly upset. :colbert:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Deakul posted:

If we don't see Chayton strolling back into Banshee with a big bandage covering half of his face and wrapped around his torso... well, I'm going to be mildly upset. :colbert:

Still a little freaked out about the after-credits scene. It's like they are loving with our heads, to get us to ask ourselves, "Is he...is he still alive?!"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I can't post a full synopsis but tonight's episode is called Even God Doesn't Know What to Make of You, which, come on.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Good loving lord for being a bridging episode with fairly little violence this show is still brutal and awesome as gently caress. Goddamn I can't loving wait to see how this season ends.

e: I've never seen someone get dumped to hard. Kai is a master of negging

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Where did Kai get that SMG during his little escape? Maybe God put it there for you Kai :tinfoil: Also curious to see what Kai will do to Rebecca.

Terminator Stowe don't gently caress around.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Where did Kai get that SMG during his little escape? Maybe God put it there for you Kai :tinfoil: Also curious to see what Kai will do to Rebecca.

He beat up the guy who was shooting it at him in the previous shot.

The delivery on the last line was perfect. I love this show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yodzilla posted:

Good loving lord for being a bridging episode with fairly little violence this show is still brutal and awesome as gently caress. Goddamn I can't loving wait to see how this season ends.

e: I've never seen someone get dumped to hard. Kai is a master of negging

Fairly little violence? Did we watch the same thing?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How's season 3 so far? I marathon-ed through 1, and felt 2 was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Rhyno posted:

Fairly little violence? Did we watch the same thing?

Compared to most Banshee episodes, yeah. :v:

• Locked thread