Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Bayonetta 2 tonight. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Anyone who says there aren't any Wii games that interest them simply doesn't know what games are on the Wii.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Austrian mook posted:

Anyone who says there aren't any Wii games that interest them simply doesn't know what games are on the Wii.

The Wii has an absurd amount of good games. I got some games I enjoy for a few bucks. If someone doesn't like ANYTHING the Wii has put out...that confuses me. Id be hard pressed to find a gamer that can't find enjoyment in at least one game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you don't have a 3DS, get Animal Crossing City Folk instead. :homebrew:

I really cannot wait for the Wii U sequel to Animal Crossing. This is my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

correction: there is nothing on the wii that interests me that I didn't already experience on the wiis all my friends owned

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

What is cute stuff doing in this hardcore thread

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nolgthorn posted:

Kirby is pretty hardcore. :colbert:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well in America he is.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

8-bit Miniboss posted:

He wears pink, which is confident I guess.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Nolgthorn posted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thank you. This is how things should be.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

If the CD isnt scratched buy a new case you idiot. Dont waste their time.
The Blue CD is burnt on edge side and is unrealable. You can see it in the video

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 3, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Game is much more appealing now

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ALRIGHT, AMERICAN KIRBY IS BACK IN ACTION.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

AmeriKirby in action, fully animated now!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

drat, did a new kirby game come out?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kaubocks posted:

correction: there is nothing on the wii that interests me that I didn't already experience on the wiis all my friends owned

Pretty hosed up that a self-professed rhythm game fan doesn't care enough to own Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Seems like a good time to bring this up. I missed out on the entire era of the Wii (life got bad), and now with a Wii U I'm eager to play the best that its predecessor had. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and Pikiman are all I've got for my list (I played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword already). What else really made the Wii great?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Seems like a good time to bring this up. I missed out on the entire era of the Wii (life got bad), and now with a Wii U I'm eager to play the best that its predecessor had. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and Pikiman are all I've got for my list (I played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword already). What else really made the Wii great?

Bowling.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Get Metroid Prime Trilogy and Punch Out Wii on the eShop.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Sin and Punishment
Donkey Kong Country Returns
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
The Last Story
Trauma Center
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Endless Ocean
Battalion Wars
Muramasa
Xenoblade (expensive)
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (expensive)
Resident Evil 4
Wario Land Shake It

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Wii had some really cool games but personally I don't want to bother with Wiimotes again, and jesus are some of those games ugly if you play them on an HD TV. Plus honestly a lot of the "good" Wii games were not very good. The Wii U already has a better lineup than the Wii had.

The two games I make an exception for would be Mario Galaxy 1 + 2

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Plus honestly a lot of the "good" Wii games were not very good. The Wii U already has a better lineup than the Wii had.

You are not an awesome ghost :colbert:.

Looper posted:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Sin and Punishment
Donkey Kong Country Returns
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
The Last Story
Trauma Center
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Endless Ocean
Battalion Wars
Muramasa
Xenoblade (expensive)
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (expensive)
Resident Evil 4
Wario Land Shake It

To add to this;

House of the Dead: Overkill
Dead Space: Extraction
Madworld
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Sonic Colours
Red Steel 2 (Do not go near the original, and they're not related in any way story-wise)
Okami
Goldeneye 007
Rabbids Go Home
Super Paper Mario

Some of these are subjective to taste, go look'em up before buying.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mario Kart Wii is great. It gets a bad rap but it's 32 tracks are better than the 32 in MK8. Also wheelies. Maple Treeway >> anything in MK8.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Waltzing Along posted:

Mario Kart Wii is great. It gets a bad rap but it's 32 tracks are better than the 32 in MK8. Also wheelies. Maple Treeway >> anything in MK8.

You should feel bad about this post.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Funky Kong.

:colbert:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MK Wii is easily my least favorite one and MK8 might actually be my favorite

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The Wii had some really cool games but personally I don't want to bother with Wiimotes again, and jesus are some of those games ugly if you play them on an HD TV. Plus honestly a lot of the "good" Wii games were not very good. The Wii U already has a better lineup than the Wii had.

The two games I make an exception for would be Mario Galaxy 1 + 2

This isn't really fair considering the Wii U has the best lineup of any console

edit:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

House of the Dead: Overkill
Dead Space: Extraction
Madworld
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Sonic Colours
Red Steel 2 (Do not go near the original, and they're not related in any way story-wise)
Okami
Goldeneye 007
Rabbids Go Home
Super Paper Mario

Some of these are subjective to taste, go look'em up before buying.
Yeah, I mean of those, I've only played Madworld, Super Paper Mario, and Okami. The former two are iffy, and Okami is probably better on the PS2 v:shobon:v But point is, the Wii had lots of good games

Looper fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 3, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm pretty happy with MK8, I don't really feel like I'm missing out by skipping MKWii.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm pretty happy with MK8, I don't really feel like I'm missing out by skipping MKWii.

You aren't MKWii is the most item-happy, which is saying a lot, the cars don't turn particularly well, walls cancel out your momentum entirely...but the character roster is kind of neat.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I never had a problem with the Wiimote. But Twilight Princess is probably the worst waggle game I've played.The first horseback fight is horrible and I wish I had better control.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hope they do a digital release of Fire Emblem Wii. I really wasn't familiar with the series when it came out but I'd like to play it.

Also yeah the Wii had some fantastic games. Who cares what they look like on a HDTV?

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 3, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Looper posted:

The former two are iffy, and Okami is probably better on the PS2 v:shobon:v But point is, the Wii had lots of good games

If you have a ps3 that is the best version of it and you can get it on psn for 20 dollars

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I never had a problem with the Wiimote. But Twilight Princess is probably the worst waggle game I've played.The first horseback fight is horrible and I wish I had better control.

The waggling makes me appreciate my GameCube copy that much more.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The Wii kinda blows. Blowed. Zeldas and Galaxies and I guess Primes and I don't know what else you'd want from it if you have a Wii U. Yarn Kirby was dope and Smash had a silly campaign, but after that you start thinking Deep Sea Diving or whatever the gently caress it was called is a good game.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

kater posted:

The Wii kinda blows. Blowed. Zeldas and Galaxies and I guess Primes and I don't know what else you'd want from it if you have a Wii U. Yarn Kirby was dope and Smash had a silly campaign, but after that you start thinking Deep Sea Diving or whatever the gently caress it was called is a good game.

Your forgetting stuff like Deadly creatures, Fire Emblem, Kirby Return to Dreamland, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Punchout, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Sin & Punishment 2, Trauma Center New Blood Second Opinion and Team, Xenoblade, and all those dope Konami Rebirth games.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The Wii was the home of long awaited sequels.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, like NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah, like NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop.

Some good ones were Sin and Punishment, Punch-Out!!, Wario Land, Klonoa, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, several WiiWare games, and the first English version of Itadaki Street.

• Locked thread