Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Jeremy and James don't like Richard. Jeremy and Richard don't like James. Richard and James don't like Jeremy. It's a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Gillian Anderson is adorable. :allears:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Brittish, blonde, giggly gillian anderson is basically a long lost twin with an entirely different personality as far as what I was expecting. It was a rather fun interview.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

DamnGlitch posted:

Brittish, blonde, giggly gillian anderson is basically a long lost twin with an entirely different personality as far as what I was expecting. It was a rather fun interview.

It blew my mind I had no idea.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Preoptopus posted:

It blew my mind I had no idea.

When she's interviewed in the states she speaks with an American accent. She lived in England until she was 11 and then moved to America. I imagine her natural voice is kind of a hybrid.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MrChips posted:

Wikipedia is wrong. Castlegar has no precision approach either and is the very last airport in the world I would use as an IFR alternate under any circumstances. At our company, standard procedure going into either Trail or Castlegar is to use Kelowna as an alternate.

Hmm, I guess you're right. I could've sworn there was an ILS approach (albeit with ridiculous minimums) but it appears I was mistaken as I can find no actual evidence of its existence. I have to agree that using either Trail or Castlegar as an alternate for anything would be bordering on the absurdly stupid and possibly suicidal.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I've probably eaten at that same diner in Hope a couple times. Really weird and cool seeing so many recognizable local landmarks on Top Gear.

GutBomb posted:

When she's interviewed in the states she speaks with an American accent. She lived in England until she was 11 and then moved to America. I imagine her natural voice is kind of a hybrid.

I think she spoke with the English accent on the Nerdist podcast a while back, which is a great listen if you liked her giggly-sweary side last night. I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a SIARPC segment that much.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
The technical term is bidialectal, as she can speak both accents naturally due to growing up in two places. But the giggly thing is something that I read about in an interview around the time of the X-Files, but never saw until now. So different from her usual roles, especially (recently) Hannibal.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
When Hammond was cutting down the tree and said "And if you'd like to write to the BBC about how this is supposedly some endangered tree you can shove it up your rear end" I was crying laughing so hard.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
My 4 year old son was watching it with me. While he didn't understand everything that was going on he died laughing at Richard throwing the knife at his wooden co presenters.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Next episode will feature the Jaguar F-Type R (nice!) and the Eagle Low Drag GT:

:swoon:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

HR Giger designs a car!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Next episode will feature the Jaguar F-Type R (nice!) and the Eagle Low Drag GT:
And according the Wikipedia, the new MX-5.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

And according the Wikipedia, the new MX-5.

Nice!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Another solid episode. This is supposed to be a 10-episode series, right?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Another solid episode. This is supposed to be a 10-episode series, right?

Yeah, the description for next week's episode looks pretty promising as well.

Reviewing the STi and Golf R, drive the countryside with a Fiat 124 Spider, MGB GT, and Peugeot 304 Cabriolet, and Gary Lineker as guest

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I loved how James struggled with the concept of a Top Gear presenter being...nice? And...helpful?

He'll be emigrating before you know it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We're still getting a full UK vs US episode yea?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

holocaust bloopers posted:

We're still getting a full UK vs US episode yea?

I don't think so. This one had the sound clip that kicked off all the speculation.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
It might just be me, but does the rear hatch on that Jaaaag at the beginning of the episode look like the hatch on a Crossfire? At least the rest of the car is beautiful, but once I saw that, I could not unsee it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GutBomb posted:

I don't think so. This one had the sound clip that kicked off all the speculation.

Well gently caress. I was eagerly awaiting Jeremy Clarkson to poo poo on Rutledge for an entire film.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
*explaining what a spotter is*

:pray: pleasebeclarksonpleasebeclarksonpleasebeclarksonpleasebeclarksonpleasebeclarksonpleasebeclarksonpleasebeclarksonpleasebeclarkson

"May!" "What are you doing here?" "We were told you needed spotters." :v:

:peanut:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

New Mad Max movie, huh?

Is it even possible to not remake something nowadays?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Data Graham posted:

New Mad Max movie, huh?

Is it even possible to not remake something nowadays?

It's not a remake, it's a sequel, by the same director/writer/producer as the first three. They've replaced Mel Gibson though, as nobody wants to watch that racist anymore.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
Once again, thanks to Top Gear, I feel the need to do some rallycross. I have roadraced both bikes and cars for many years, but this looks new and exciting, and the short races would be a way to counter the endurance races I usually love. One problem, I have no dirt experience.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

God that rallycross racing looked amazing. And props to May for actually holding his own :allears:

Also, I find myself lusting over the Eagle Low Drag GT. It's so beautiful :h:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The anti-lag system is lunacy in the best way.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

T1g4h posted:

God that rallycross racing looked amazing. And props to May for actually holding his own :allears:

Also, I find myself lusting over the Eagle Low Drag GT. It's so beautiful :h:

I wasn't a fan of the Eagle roadster, but this one makes my naughty parts go all tingly, especially with the noise it was making. I have always been a fan of the sound of a good V8 or V12, but a straight 6 has a sound all its own.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

How about we...

FIRE!

Well we could use...

FIRE!!

But that's...

FIRE!!!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

I witnessed a Mitsubushi Evo V rally car drive through a multi-storey car park and accidently trigger it's antilag. Pretty sure I also witnessed an old lady reach Low Earth Orbit.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

That's rude.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

God Bless Texas

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Man they really like Texas. :iamafag:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Yet another problem solved by someone saying "...What if we set fire to it?"

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Mustache Ride posted:

God Bless Texas

Isn't that the Chilean flag?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

It should've been a RAF Vulcan

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

saucepanman posted:

It should've been a RAF Vulcan

Or this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Navy_Submarine_Service#mediaviewer/File:Royal_Navy_Dolphins.jpg

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Joachim1167 posted:

Isn't that the Chilean flag?

Comeon dude http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2010/10/texas-county-confuses-lone-sta.html/

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Oh man, I hope they can somehow put the Koenigsegg Regera on track with the 918, P1 and LaFerrari.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but a man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh man, I hope they can somehow put the Koenigsegg Regera on track with the 918, P1 and LaFerrari.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but a man can dream.

I would love this and the Koenigsegg fanboy in me says it would wipe the floor with all three... but the realist in me says the 918 is the quickest of the bunch on a twisty track.