Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Lotish posted:

Strange. I signed up for the beta and even have it and have used it, but I cannot view that topic after logging in with my origin account.

I had that issue and found that logging out of the forums and then logging back in let me view that topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I tried that and clearing my cache but no dice.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Does anyone know where I could find the tarot card art from the game? At least the stuff for the principal characters?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Does anyone know if you need to re-sign up for the Beta 6 if you were already in Beta 5? I thought I was fine for the rest of the Betas but today I ran Origin and I can't see the Inquisition Beta there and I had a character in the beta version I wanted to keep playing :(.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Does anyone know where I could find the tarot card art from the game? At least the stuff for the principal characters?

Here you go.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Thanks!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

DrProsek posted:

Does anyone know if you need to re-sign up for the Beta 6 if you were already in Beta 5? I thought I was fine for the rest of the Betas but today I ran Origin and I can't see the Inquisition Beta there and I had a character in the beta version I wanted to keep playing :(.

Well, I hope so. Unfortunately from what I just tested, if you're not authorized to be in the beta, you can't access Beta saves even if you use the launcher in the Inquisition Beta folder. You still have the saves, though, so you could possibly copy those saves to your regular game (and they'll potentially break in some way because they're for a different patch of the game) but they'll still be there if you get access to beta content again.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Yeah save the saves for post 5 patch release to see if they work. Beta 5 saves aren't working easily with Beta 6, as black emporium is not being tested---so often previous beta saves fail because it's got unrecognized content associated.

Lotish, they had a hell of a time yesterday with rollover from 5 to 6, with Origin client literally removing beta from listed programs for a bit + it was mentioned entitlements were still updating. Try restarting Origin itself, ensure up to date etcetc. Also yes, you need to sign up for each beta.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

quote:

==============================
Dragon Age™: Inquisition 1.06
==============================
Fixed an issue that allowed characters to take damage while using the Counterstrike ability.
Updated abilities to function correctly with front armor rating.
Fixed the Charging Bull ability so that AI-controlled characters no longer overshoot their target.
Removed the initial barrier that spellbinders receive when spawned.
Added an option to control the font size of subtitles.
Improved archer AI so that they choose to enter melee combat less often.
Fixed the save game card image for elf mages.
Fixed an issue that caused certain operations to disappear from the war table without direct player interaction.
Fixed a crash after use of a Tactician’s Renewal amulet in Skyhold.
Fixed a conversation where Leliana references being with the Warden to face the Archdemon when she was set to have died in the imported Dragon Age Keep world state.
Fixed a case where movement audio was muted after a level transition.
Fixed a case where music unintentionally played after a level transition.
Fixed a loot exploit.
Fixed a case where the Quarry Quandry quest could be prevented from being completed.
Added party storage to the Undercroft in Skyhold.
Improved stability.
Fixed the True Grit perk to apply to all party members.
Fixed the issue where Qunari Inquisitors were able to equip the Inquisition Battlemage armor.
Fixed an exploit where certain abilities could be used multiple times before the cooldown was started.
Fixed an exploit with Explosive Shot where indirect hits were not causing the ability to cool down and reduce stamina.
Fixed cases of the new-item icon appearing on old items after salvaging in multiplayer.

PC Specific: While we’ve added the ability to toggle mouse look, this feature is still under development and does not act optimally under all conditions. We are continuing to work on this feature to improve it for future releases.

Yowza! Black Emporium seems to be delayed, but the rest of the patch is super meaty.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
The patch sounds worth it for the party storage alone. Though I'm kind of amused that it also stops your party from running off into nowhere with Charging Bull and that archers might finally learn the difference between ranged and melee weapons.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 3, 2015

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I don't like the sound of "fixed loot exploit", and I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to remove the Flask of Fire thing as well. Everything else seems okay, though

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Man, Solas is a great character but he really looks like someone just opened up the creator, put every slider to 1 and called it a night.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

That's....pretty hot.

What is going on in this one?

He's kissing...something (a sword hilt?)...and is bound up in a leather necklace? What?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rabbit Hill posted:

That's....pretty hot.

He's kissing...something (a sword hilt?)...and is bound up in a leather necklace? What?

I was surprised by that Blackwall card as well. The card for Iron Bull seems to allude to BDSM?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tirranek posted:

Man, Solas is a great character but he really looks like someone just opened up the creator, put every slider to 1 and called it a night.

Given his origins, him picking a bland, anonymous form as his disguise seems appropriate.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Rabbit Hill posted:

He's kissing a gauntlet.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Yowza! Black Emporium seems to be delayed, but the rest of the patch is super meaty.

quote:

Improved archer AI so that they choose to enter melee combat less often.
Added party storage to the Undercroft in Skyhold.

This really blows my mind that it's taken 6 months for such essential fixes. Granted almost every patch has included at least 2-3 "holy gently caress why wasn't this standard in the game" but so many things that slipped by them during development that I'd be amazed if the level of QA/QC testing included more then 2-3 people playing the game and going "yeah, its okay, some bugs here and there, you gonna fix them?"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm hoping "Fixed a loot exploit" doesn't mean the chest trick. C'mon guys, leave us a few joys :argh:

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

I think Black Emporium is DLC and not a patch so excluded. However tinting is part of the patch, in the Undercroft stuff listed in the patch notes, so let's hope that's still in? It's not clear in the notes and you would think they would make sure to highlight cool new toys like that.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Rabbit Hill posted:

That's....pretty hot.

Bull is kissing the inquisitor's gloved hand, and he and you are wrapped up by a dragon's tooth necklace, a symbol of a deep connection between two people in Qunari culture, which you can give to bull at the climax of your romance with him.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Ahh, now I see it. That's pretty cool.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Also please note that the word for this relationship in Qunari is "Kadan," which is what Sten calls Shale. Is he making a dry joke, kind of like calling her his "work wife?" Or is he genuinely so impressed fighting next to a sarcastic golem that he unironically falls in love with her? Honestly, I never could tell with Sten.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Also please note that the word for this relationship in Qunari is "Kadan," which is what Sten calls Shale. Is he making a dry joke, kind of like calling her his "work wife?" Or is he genuinely so impressed fighting next to a sarcastic golem that he unironically falls in love with her? Honestly, I never could tell with Sten.

Kadan: Literally, "where the heart lies." An all-purpose word for a "person one cares about," including colleagues, friends and loved ones. Sometimes also "the center of the chest".

According to the wiki. I imagine he respects her as a warrior, if nothing else. That Shale is a woman probably plays even more into it considering Sten is a bit more misogynistic than Iron Bull.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Kadan: Literally, "where the heart lies." An all-purpose word for a "person one cares about," including colleagues, friends and loved ones. Sometimes also "the center of the chest".

According to the wiki. I imagine he respects her as a warrior, if nothing else. That Shale is a woman probably plays even more into it considering Sten is a bit more misogynistic than Iron Bull.

Yeah it's not necessarily sexual. Doesn't he also call the Warden Kadan if you have super high approval? If he does it explains the ending where he invites you to... Seheron? Where did Sten think he was going before his promotion? Whatever. I think a good equivalent in English would be something like "life partner." Still given what Bull says it seems like a very serious title, like you probably wouldn't call a solider you've spent your career fighting next to "Kadan" unless there was something more there, either as a romantic partner or a bffl.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
They should've put the storage in your bedroom, giving you a reason to ever actually visit it.

I wonder how worthwhile the font size increase will be? I would love to start playing this game on my big SDTV instead of my smaller HD monitor.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Digital Osmosis posted:

Yeah it's not necessarily sexual. Doesn't he also call the Warden Kadan if you have super high approval? If he does it explains the ending where he invites you to... Seheron? Where did Sten think he was going before his promotion? Whatever. I think a good equivalent in English would be something like "life partner." Still given what Bull says it seems like a very serious title, like you probably wouldn't call a solider you've spent your career fighting next to "Kadan" unless there was something more there, either as a romantic partner or a bffl.

Given that Sten was basically a Workaholic Qunari with Aspergers, I'd be okay with the idea that Sten just doesn't know the difference between "extremely reliable colleague" and "person for whom I'd die to save".

But given that the Qunari apparently don't really do romantic entanglements, I'd also accept that there's no Qunari word for "beloved", and Bull is overemphasising Kadan past it's usual meaning to get a Qunari approximation.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Digital Osmosis posted:

Sten and Shale definitely had a weird flirtation going on, they clumsily complimented and flirted with each other while talking about how superior they were to humans and how easy it would be for the two of them to crush everyone else. They both seemed more open around each other, it was kind of sweet.

I may or may not have spent a lot of time running laps around the Orzammar bridge trying to hear every possible banter.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Hell yeah, new patch hosed up the mesh quality! I love Bioware but I'm certain there's no company with shittier programmers. Aside from Obsidian maybe.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
David Gaider just announced on twitter that he is leaving Dragon Age as head writer. Patrick Weekes will be taking his place.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Leelee posted:

David Gaider just announced on twitter that he is leaving Dragon Age as head writer. Patrick Weekes will be taking his place.

That is really intriguing.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Who did Weekes write? Mordin, Legion, Solas, and Cole? I think this may be a positive thing.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

SgtSteel91 posted:

Who did Weekes write? Mordin, Legion, Solas, and Cole? I think this may be a positive thing.

Speak for yourself.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
If Patrick Weekes is as good with scenario as he is with character, this is a good thing. He's always been Bioware's strongest writer. Although Gaider has honestly gotten better over the years. All of his characters in Inquisition were good (Cassandra and Dorian especially).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Beefstew posted:

If Patrick Weekes is as good with scenario as he is with character, this is a good thing. He's always been Bioware's strongest writer. Although Gaider has honestly gotten better over the years. All of his characters in Inquisition were good (Cassandra and Dorian especially).

I was thinking much the same thing. I really liked those characters. And pretty much everyone liked Anders when Gaider wrote him in Awakening.

So he's leaving Dragon Age as head writer, but not Bioware entirely? Is he moved to the Mass Effect team or something?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Lotish posted:

I was thinking much the same thing. I really liked those characters. And pretty much everyone liked Anders when Gaider wrote him in Awakening.

So he's leaving Dragon Age as head writer, but not Bioware entirely? Is he moved to the Mass Effect team or something?

He's moving to an unannounced project (I'd guess it's their new IP).

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

He's moving to an unannounced project (I'd guess it's their new IP).

It better be the biggest, most expensive project that Bioware has ever worked on (TOR2?). Otherwise forcing a man out of the setting he designed and nourished for most of his career seems incredibly cruel and petty to me.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Sounds like it was his own choice.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Sounds like it was his own choice.

Yes, that's what it sounds like. Because he still works for Bioware, who don't only decide which projects he's assigned to, but also control what he is allowed to say in public. David freely deciding to hand over Dragon Age to Weekes is about as likely as G.R.R. Martin amicably handing over Game of Thrones to Suzanne Collins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Tweets in question for people not checking Twitter

• Locked thread