Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will accept this if it means we can finally ditch Wendy and Charle, though I know that won't actually happen. At least Lucy actually has a new powerup I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I fully support Lucy imitating Erza in order to beat the crap out of people.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I like how eyebrow dude has even longer eyebrows now

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah it's great that we got to see up the skirt of a little girl who is also a cat :rolleyes:.

Yeah I'm getting very close to dropping this series. If only Natsu wasn't about to have a totally awesome fight.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That cover is creepy as gently caress.

Lucy finally getting a sweet power up owns though, except when the eventual uh ram girl fluffy bikini power up rolls in. Ugh. Calling it now.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
yeah its not a sweet power up and it doesn't mean anything. like erza's magic, it is an excuse for fetishy outfits. she's still Lucy and this only happened so she can become a cow girl. dude knows what he likes to draw

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Simoom posted:

yeah its not a sweet power up and it doesn't mean anything. like erza's magic, it is an excuse for fetishy outfits. she's still Lucy and this only happened so she can become a cow girl. dude knows what he likes to draw

I like the concept, and I'm glad Lucy taking on Aquarius's power wasn't a one-off thing (okay so technically, it was. Maybe). But so far, yeah, it's just an excuse to put Lucy in new fanservicey clothing. It would've been better if the Regulus Lucy kick wasn't just used for a quick joke in one panel. Mashima should've made it an Inazuma kick shout-out or something.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
What exactly is "fetishy" about a dress?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Leo-mode is fine, but you know future fusions will be more fetishy. Maybe not all of them, but it's gonna happen.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Were it another author I'd give the benefit of the doubt but cmon. it took him all of two chapters to burn through his restraint re: charle

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I kinda want to see Sagittarius because that would ether be the funniest or the creepiest.

Anyway, finished the Battle City Battle of Fairy Tail arc and, yeah, that's as good as a point to arbitrarily call an end of season point as Funi could get away with and pretty much follows up on what I've said previously; weaves points in for the next few arcs (I didn't call Mystogan. That said Hiro's getting his money worth out of that character design :haw:) and pays off on a few other points and genuinely ends on a high point for me until I can figure out the least expensive legal way (That doesn't pay Manga anything) to get the rest.

I kinda wish Elza was Out of Action for longer but this is Shonen so that wasn't happening. At least it wasn't the next episode like Jump would have demanded and calling back to her Prosthetic Eye was at least not a compete bullshit way to do it

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 3, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kuroyama posted:

It would've been better if the Regulus Lucy kick wasn't just used for a quick joke in one panel. Mashima should've made it an Inazuma kick shout-out or something.

I will thank you not to denigrate the upgraded form of The Most Powerful Attack.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh, worse media's defiled the Rider Kick.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 3, 2015

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

chumbler posted:

I will thank you not to denigrate the upgraded form of The Most Powerful Attack.

It was just a suggestion. I just want Lucy to be more than jokes an fanservice.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Two time skips and everyone is pretty much the same.

Fairy tail is like a wheel that just keeps on spinning.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I forgot Erza only has one eye.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kuroyama posted:

It was just a suggestion. I just want Lucy to be more than jokes an fanservice.

Erza is barely keeping her head above water on that front now. Lucy's got no chance. Sorry.

As of now all your no fanservice hopes rest of Levey's shoulders. Which is sad for everyone but her.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nobody is safe from filler: “FAIRY TAIL of the DEAD MEEEEEEEEEN” is going to be released 3/25 for the manga and 3/28 for the anime.

I can only assume that it will be about Zombie Ichiya turning Blue Pegasus into a zombie horde.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Nobody is safe from filler: “FAIRY TAIL of the DEAD MEEEEEEEEEN” is going to be released 3/25 for the manga and 3/28 for the anime.

I can only assume that it will be about Zombie Ichiya turning Blue Pegasus into a zombie horde.

That actually sounds kind of incredible and Ichiya owns.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

chumbler posted:

Ichiya might be the only over the top fan service (can you even call it that?) that I'm always okay with! Also Nichiya!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Reiche posted:

Ichiya might be the only over the top fan service (can you even call it that?) ...

Yes. It is most definitely fan service.

e: I really hope that Ichiya is on that filler ep. The title seems like a blatant giveaway. Zombies are bonus points.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 3, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

As long as it ends like a good zombie anime episode with everyone dead/undead and everything irrevocably screwed sideways with the next episode just moving on without comment (see Samurai Champloo, Panty and Stocking and Space Dandy) it should be amazing, yes.

And, hey, that filler with the body swap magic was pretty drat hilarious and ended on the same note so yeah.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Natsu's named attacks are just getting ridiculous

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
hmm, why is Juvia sad, this is a big mystery

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Grey asked her to marry him, but Juvia doesn't believe in marriage. Oh no!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

She ended up marrying Grey but quickly regretted it. She's sad because she'd rather be with Lyon, but doesn't believe in divorce.

The story will end with Natsu's fist creating an annulment and everything becoming status quo again.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She's not actually sad, it's just unusually dry where they live and she's working to end the drought.

Also remember how Lucy's mom died the same day the dragon's vanished what ever happened to that

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe they have really spicy food there, but it's so delicious she just keeps eating it despite it making her cry/rain. A cold glass of milk and it would all go away, but she's lactose intolerant.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Whatever it is, Natsu will punch someone and make it better.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

KoB posted:

Whatever it is, Natsu will punch someone and make it better.

I don't know, this seems like a pretty tricky problem. The solution may require parties and or drinking.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Carla and Wendy are going to need new clothes due to strategic battle damage at least 3 times before fairy tail is reformed. Lucy will need 5 times.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jaweeeblop posted:

Carla and Wendy are going to need new clothes due to strategic battle damage at least 3 times before fairy tail is reformed. Lucy will need 5 times.

Ah, the ol' Price is Right $1 play.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Lucy is going to gather all of Juvia's rain tears and reform Aquarius.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I thought Juvia was the coolest when she was first introduced. I loved her design and hair style and her powers were waaay more diverse. She just doesn't do a whole lot anymore.

Although the way she beat that necromancer demon was metal as hell so I'll give her that. I'm hoping she's gotten a noticeable power up as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jaweeeblop posted:

Pretty sure you're off by a good factor of 3 or so for Lucy. Hell, there's probably a 90% chance the rain will melt her clothes at least once. All those clothes, lost in time, like tears in the rain.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reiche posted:

I thought Juvia was the coolest when she was first introduced. I loved her design and hair style and her powers were waaay more diverse. She just doesn't do a whole lot anymore.

Although the way she beat that necromancer demon was metal as hell so I'll give her that. I'm hoping she's gotten a noticeable power up as well.

I hope over the time skip Gray went and found the kicking rad hat he jacked off of a guy during the magic tournament and that's what Juvia's upset about

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I just hope this isn't emo juvia because of boring flashback scenes which will be analogous to her and grey getting their hair cut and uncut at the end of the last arc

Seriously I can't take anymore of FT's plot progression seizures. Let the fruity broad be happy over grey, sad about something else.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Juvia was really cool when she was wiping the floor of that sword chick back during the Hades arc.

Gajeel was always cool.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The Gray/Juvia thing is dumb because Gray clearly likes her but is a big dumb baby and is a jerk about it for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

If he gives into Juvia and his own feelings, how will he ever surpass Natsu?! That guy is a big meathead whose definition of love is all his guildmates

Seriously Natsu, your childhood crush who you thought was dead has been back for a while now. Get you some Lisanna.

• Locked thread