Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Since your not running club sides, are friendlies going to get full match reports again?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Same vote a Dreamsicle for essentially the same reasons.

1: B
2: English Championship, American MLS, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga

[edit] IR Dumb

Munin fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 1, 2015

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

1. A e: I, for one, don't want to turn this club into the New York Islanders.
2. English Championship
French Ligue 1
Russian Premier League
South Korean K-League
American Major League Soccer
Mexican Liga MX

Stiev Awt fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 1, 2015

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

A

Bundesliga, La Liga, Championship, MLS, Serie A

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

A
Bundesliga Serie A La Liga English Championship and MLS

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
A
Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
B. The Brown/Williams partnership is too important for Brown's LegacyTeam USA.

Whatever Brown thinks he needs to help Team USA.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

A

Spanish La Liga
Italian Serie A
German Bundesliga
French Ligue 1
Dutch Eredivise

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
A, and MLS cuz I'm a sucker for seeing how San Jose does.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
English Championship, English League One, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, MLS.

Also B for hilarity's sake

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
English Championship, American MLS, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga.

B: I think it's time to give Justin Bailey his chance to shine.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
A

Premier League, Championship, Bundesliga, MLS, Seria A, La Liga, and the Eredivise

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

A , the guy is p. good except for his discipline (I guess the players won't be fined at every misstep anymore!)

Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, Dutch Eredivise are the finest leagues.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Gonna close the vote up at the stroke of midnight on Tuesday. There's some tight votes:

Next Manager
Paul Willy: 9
AL Choice: 9

Simmed Leagues (top 4 will be simmed):
Spain-14
Italy-17
Germany-17
France-7
USA-14
English Championship-13
English League One-2
K League-1
Liga MX-1
Eredivise-2
Russian League-1

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
A

Premier League, Championship, Bundesliga, France, Seria A, La Liga, and the Eredivise

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
A

Championship Because, well, Tackleford.
Bundesliga Because of strength.
Serie A Because, um...
A-League Because of nationalism.
The MLS Since won't not simming it as playable stunt your national pool by a lot? That was my experiences with Australia - the A-League was view-only and the entire national team was just a smattering of free agents and guys from the AIS and various semi-pro sides.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You have to sim the MLS if you're going to continue on as the US manager. It'd be crazy if you didn't. Consider this a vote for that and nothing else.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

JT Jag posted:

You have to sim the MLS if you're going to continue on as the US manager. It'd be crazy if you didn't. Consider this a vote for that and nothing else.

Seconded.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

JT Jag posted:

Opposed. What, are you trying to make things easy for the man who has so utterly dominated the hardest leagues in the world?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

AJ_Impy posted:

Opposed. What, are you trying to make things easy for the man who has so utterly dominated the hardest leagues in the world?

Considering he basically gained omnipotence in the Tackleford fixture, who's not to say he can't alter the threads of fate to create a team of American wunderkinds anyway?

Voting A, and MLS, English Championship, LA Liga, Bundesliga to follow.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!
A

Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, and MLS because you have to to make the USMNT work. If you expanded to a 6th league, since you have to have MLS, I would throw in Bundesliga.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Final Tallies

Next Manager
Paul Willy: 13
AL Choice: 9

Simmed Leagues (winners in bold):
Bundesliga: 21
Serie A: 20
MLS:19
La Liga: 16
English Championship: 16

Ligue Un: 9
Eredivise: 3
English League One: 2
K League: 1
A League: 1
Liga MX: 1
Russian Premier League: 1

La Liga and the Championship tied, I used my prerogative to include both of them. I'm surprised by the level of support Ligue Un got, I'm guessing it's because of the number of ex-Dragons on PSG? I'm surprised by the complete lack of support for Scotland, too.

Prediction Contest Winner
Both Dias and LionYeti accurately predicted that we'd use the Pyramid in 26 matches. Unfortunately for LionYeti, they put 3.7 for the first tiebreaker (goal differential while in the Pyramid). So while Dias undershot the actual goal differential by a good deal (+19 compared to an actual +50), he still wins the tiebreak. Congratulations!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, I got the boon! Yaaaay!

...I have no idea what to do with it tho. Maybe Scott Brown would enjoy a tropical landscape? I'll have to think about it.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Dias posted:

...I have no idea what to do with it tho. Maybe Scott Brown would enjoy a tropical landscape? I'll have to think about it.

Make Bailey the Assistant Manager for the USMNT, give him great AM stats.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
I still wanna know what the previous "mystery boon" was.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Brony Hunter posted:

I still wanna know what the previous "mystery boon" was.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Dias posted:

Transfer Bailey to Tackleford and make him player/manager. :unsmigghh:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Dias posted:

Turn the Son of Brown into a wonderkid.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I've been runner up in two different contests for boons, curses. Thought there'd be a lot more high scoring 5-4 type games. I suppose the Colorado Rapids will never get the Spanish prospect of their dreams either here or in real life.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 3, 2015

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

The Sandman posted:

Turn the Son of Brown into a wonderkid.

He's capped for England though so screw that traitor.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
How about increase the global reputation of MLS so that it can more easily attract top players in their prime from Europe and South America? You still wouldn't be able to sign superstars because wages would still be higher in Europe, but it would create a stronger league which would (in theory) be better for US player's development.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Scotland isn't the most interesting of leagues. But can be fun trying to do a Fergie and win with a non Glasgow club.

edit: Saying it's terrible is a bit harsh I admit.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 4, 2015

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Will Brown's not capped for England. He was called up for their U19's on one occasion, but didn't get into the match. Even if he had gotten a youth cap, players aren't declared for a nation until they play a competitive senior team match for that nation. That's how striker Diego Costa earned two caps for Brazil, in friendlies against Italy and Russia, before switching to Spain after getting Spanish citizenship in 2013 and playing for them in the World Cup.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

habeasdorkus posted:

Will Brown's not capped for England. He was called up for their U19's on one occasion, but didn't get into the match. Even if he had gotten a youth cap, players aren't declared for a nation until they play a competitive senior team match for that nation. That's how striker Diego Costa earned two caps for Brazil, in friendlies against Italy and Russia, before switching to Spain after getting Spanish citizenship in 2013 and playing for them in the World Cup.

Thanks for correcting me. In that case Will Brown Superstar would be kinda cool.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Make him 20s across the board but a lovely attitude and glass everything.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Well, there's some nuance to it beyond that. If you're capped for a youth team in a competitive match, you're locked into that nation and any nations you were eligible for at the time. Or some bullshit like that. It's kind of galling how Adama Traore can't get capped for Australia while Diego 'literally capped for the Brazilian national team' Costa goes to the World Cup for Spain, but that's how it goes, I guess.

It's all a moot point - Brown should be fine through, well, your parenthood anyway.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you hold eligibility for multiple countries you can change before you make your full competitive debut.

However, you can't play for Australia at a Youth Level, move to Portugal and then get citizenship and play for Portugal because you weren't eligible for Portugal when you first played for Australia.

That's how Deco, Senna, Costa et al were able to play for other nations - they weren't called up when they were only eligible for one nation.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Really the bigger problem is that he was capped for England and not Wales. Doubly a traitor!

The Welsh sadly seem to have squandered their golden generation.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I have no clue how he has English eligibility when he was born in Wales to an American father.

He's still refusing my callups, now to the main team for World Cup qualifying matches against Panama and Surinam.

Updates have stalled over the last week due to both work and trying to put together a suitable capper on my years at Wrexham. I'll get to them sooner or later, and I still need to play the Goon Cup final at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, I have no clue how he has English eligibility when he was born in Wales to an American father.

He's still refusing my callups, now to the main team for World Cup qualifying matches against Panama and Surinam.

Updates have stalled over the last week due to both work and trying to put together a suitable capper on my years at Wrexham. I'll get to them sooner or later, and I still need to play the Goon Cup final at some point.

I'm off this week, so let me know if/when you'd like to play the final.

• Locked thread