Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hannibal exists so I'm no longer surprised by any level of violence on network TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

Who are they setting up to inherit HYDRA now? Von Strucker?

I was surprised no one said anything in the thread at the time but they mentioned him in that first scene around the hydra table with wine, but the guy said it with a heavy accent so I almost didn't catch it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yeah I had captions on so I caught it. I wonder if they're just setting up Age of Ultron fallout and we're just gonna have Muad'dad/Inhuman people as the remaining antagonists for the season (and whatever Bob and Mac, and Ward end up doing)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Awesome episode. It was hilarious how EASY it was to tricky Hydra into killing each other off. That's the downside to being in an evil, secretive organization built aroun d backstabbing. No trust at all.

Best plan that Coulson has ever had.

I hope they deal with the Skye stuff quickly or it will be super annoying.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
They're almost setting up Simmons as a possible antagonist too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

They're almost setting up Simmons as a possible antagonist too.

Her jumping from zero to kill all mutants people with powers was pretty drastic and lol. Could have built up to that more slowly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Her jumping from zero to kill all mutants people with powers was pretty drastic and lol. Could have built up to that more slowly.

Cyclops was right.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Simmons had that whole flirty thing going on with Tripp, she liked him a lot. I'm not surprised that she didn't take his death well and is lashing out a bit at that kind of stuff in response.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yeah, it wasn't completely out of nowhere given her relationship with Tripp, but it did feel kind of rushed. Oh well.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Don't forget that Raina also just superkilled three people right after she watched them wheelbarrow out Tripp's remains. That has to be traumatic.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

bull3964 posted:

Don't forget that Raina also just superkilled three people right after she watched them wheelbarrow out Tripp's remains. That has to be traumatic.

"At which point the superpowered quill lady killed three people, ripped some throats out and got shot twice by me which apparently did jack loving poo poo. But yeah I'm sure some of them are just lovely"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I'm willing to give Simmons a little room here. She's clearly not in her right mind. Although, it did seem like did noticed that something was weird with the blood samples before Fitz got her out of the lab. I'm sure nothing will come of that.

That had to be a terrifying moment for Skye. Simmons is normally the nicest person on the team, and her going all PURGE THE UNCLEAN while poor Daisy Poots is still dealing with being an inhuman... grim.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 4, 2015

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Woah this show got loving good.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

He was only in the preview for a second, but Eddie McClintock, Pete from Warehouse 13, is in next week's episode, so that's rad.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Xtanstic posted:

My money is on Mack and Bobbi to be working for Maria Hill maybe?

Talbot. The story about their faith in shield being broken by hydra is true but since the government still needs to get to Fury to actually end shield they are working from the inside to get the toolbox.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

J33uk posted:

"At which point the superpowered quill lady killed three people, ripped some throats out and got shot twice by me which apparently did jack loving poo poo. But yeah I'm sure some of them are just lovely"

I do hope that Simmons keeps her "kill all inhumans and destroy their cities :black101:" angle even after Skye is exposed.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Pretty sure Bobbi and Mac are going to form/are working for SWORD.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Seriously, no Muad'dad happy dance gif yet? Because that poo poo was amazing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I do hope that Simmons keeps her "kill all inhumans and destroy their cities :black101:" angle even after Skye is exposed.

"Not to be a racist, but for an Inhuman you're alright."

Edit: Fixed the phrasing.

Onean fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 4, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

That whole thing was fantastic and Fitz is such a loving hero.

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.
I had a hard time with the first half of the show, but by the second half I was starting to get back in to it. We're not going to laugh anymore, you guys. poo poo's getting real.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Whoever Mack and Bobby are working for would need to have for-knowledge about the cube, because last I checked Coulson has been keeping the thing secret. So it's either Fury or Hill.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Onean posted:

"Not to be a racist, but for an Inhuman you're alright."

Edit: Fixed the phrasing.

Actually, even better since Simmons has pretty much already said exactly this, "There's something wrong with you. Why won't you let me fix you?!"

Not to be a homophobe...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Onean posted:

Actually, even better since Simmons has pretty much already said exactly this, "There's something wrong with you. Why won't you let me fix you?!"

Not to be a homophobe...

Have you tried... not being an Inhuman?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I also love the contrast they have going on for Skye and Raina. Whereas Raina is getting all this help from people who know a lot about the mist and transformation, Skye and the team are basically blind going into this stuff.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ApeHawk posted:

I also love the contrast they have going on for Skye and Raina. Whereas Raina is getting all this help from people who know a lot about the mist and transformation, Skye and the team are basically blind going into this stuff.
Which is also funny since the Inhuman helping Raina literally has no eyes

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.

Bruceski posted:

Have you tried... not being an Inhuman?

Eight year old hackneyed social commentary, nice.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Emerson Cod posted:

That could be a great twist on why they are after Fury's box. But would SWORD be tied up with the X-Men? I know for the fact at least their leader won't be appearing since she IS a X-Men character pretty much.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
What exactly is SWORD?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Ensign_Ricky posted:

What exactly is SWORD?

SHIELDs sister agency that is focused on extraterrestrial threats to earth rather than domestic problems.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So if you cut off one head two take its place. What happens if you just shoot all the heads simeltaneously ?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

So if you cut off one head two take its place. What happens if you just shoot all the heads simeltaneously ?

Hydra has to order a monogrammed table that is twice as large

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Somewhere a HYDRA HR rep gets an email and sighs

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Somewhere in Europe just before Age of Ultron, Von Strucker is facepalming.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I doubt we're going to see much more of Hydra this season. That episode felt like it was wrapping the plotline up.

The first scene between Fitz and Skye was really great. I love that we're getting slowmo every time she quakes.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rarity posted:

I doubt we're going to see much more of Hydra this season. That episode felt like it was wrapping the plotline up.

Nah, we've still got Crazy Ward and whosits, possibly Madame Hydra. And technically we still have Bakshi in play.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Skye's dad is a cold blooded dude. That shut down of Raina was epic.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Originally I thought Bobbi was working for the Avengers, that was my speculation last season, but now I'm going to go out on a massive limb and say she's working for Thanos/is the MCU equivalent of a Skrull. The previews all describe her and Mac as working against SHIELD from a new force. This ties into Thor investigating whose behind Ultron and uncovering Thanos' involvement in A2.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Emerson Cod posted:

Or they are working for Rebecca "I am actually not dead(maybe)" Hand after Nick Fury tahiti'd her.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I'm amazed no-one has suggested it yet so I'm just gonna jump to the raddest option available: Bobbi and Mac are Skrulls.

• Locked thread