Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Man, the Redskins offense didn't have any trouble scoring on me at all. If I didn't constantly have at least 2 guys on RG3, he would take off for a huge gain (I think he ended up with 155 yards rushing). He was also pretty good at rolling out of the pocket to buy time and then making a big completion. If anyone is going to join the league, the Redskins seem like a great team to take over. Between their offense and having Revis on their defense, they are a pretty well rounded team.

Did ShortThug end up leaving the league? If so, then they NFC shouldn't have a problem with leaving a team out this season. 2 user teams each in the North and the East, so that will take care of 4 seeds between the division champs and the wild cards.

I'm enjoying how fast we are moving!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
the redskins are cursed man, they've driven off 2 users already :v:

that said, them or the Colts are probably the two most attractive teams because of good young QBs

E: I'm advancing once Piper and Fluo play their poo poo, its just been them we're waiting on since yesterday.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Havoc904 posted:

Man, the Redskins offense didn't have any trouble scoring on me at all. If I didn't constantly have at least 2 guys on RG3, he would take off for a huge gain (I think he ended up with 155 yards rushing). He was also pretty good at rolling out of the pocket to buy time and then making a big completion. If anyone is going to join the league, the Redskins seem like a great team to take over. Between their offense and having Revis on their defense, they are a pretty well rounded team.

Did ShortThug end up leaving the league? If so, then they NFC shouldn't have a problem with leaving a team out this season. 2 user teams each in the North and the East, so that will take care of 4 seeds between the division champs and the wild cards.

I'm enjoying how fast we are moving!

Had all the same problems with the Redskins. RGIII is impossible to stop when the CPU is controlling him.

Also Dubious if we advance I have all tonight and tomorrow off from work so let me know when you are free to make me look horrible.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 3, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

Also Dubious if we advance I have all tonight and tomorrow off from work so let me know when you are free to make me look horrible.

Hoping for tonight! Also, don't neglect to remember I play as the Eagles and I still have to start their loving secondary.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Seahawks don't have Alex Smith. They have Brock Osweiler. And god, how does a man that tall miss such short throws. :(

Defense is as good as ever though and we've found a pretty decent DT in the draft. We have a new ROLB who is pretty exciting for us. Cassius Marsh is also starting to show some of his potential as well.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dubious posted:

the redskins are cursed man, they've driven off 2 users already :v:

that said, them or the Colts are probably the two most attractive teams because of good young QBs

E: I'm advancing once Piper and Fluo play their poo poo, its just been them we're waiting on since yesterday.

Lemme know how I do. Hopping on a plane back to SD as we speak.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Fluo, you around?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

does the Brit usually stay up this late for games?

Shadowhand00 posted:

Seahawks don't have Alex Smith. They have Brock Osweiler. And god, how does a man that tall miss such short throws. :(
I didn't see someone say you had Smith but yeah he's my Seattle QB in the Bizarro league. And hey Osweiller just broke the TD record in that league with the Bills..

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 4, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
valtar if youre up for a late night tussle let me know (likely going to face a Vodka fueled Chip Kelly experience)

E: bizarro league, where logan thomas and brock osweiler set the world on fire

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dubious posted:

valtar if youre up for a late night tussle let me know (likely going to face a Vodka fueled Chip Kelly experience)

E: bizarro league, where logan thomas and brock osweiler set the world on fire

I can go after your game with Paperback, ill be up till 2 am or so.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
lol yes calvin johnson is total bullshit. But nobody was stopping my offense last season though and almost everyone had to play from behind. I think I get the most enjoyment in this league out of beating the lions (hearing dave get all pissed off over the mic was the best)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
:siren: Week 7 :siren:

Cowboys/panthers (auto)
Raiders/Jets
Pats/seahawks
Steelers/eagles
Lions/bulldogs

Houston/cpu
Browns/cpu

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Paperback Writer posted:

does the Brit usually stay up this late for games?

I didn't see someone say you had Smith but yeah he's my Seattle QB in the Bizarro league. And hey Osweiller just broke the TD record in that league with the Bills..

I was just reading the summary post earlier today and noticed the discrepancy. Osweiller isn't tooooo bad.

Fluo, when do you have time to play?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Big Lions-Bulldogs game, someone's 0 must go!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm ready to go when you are Dubious just let me know.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
God the Giants are bad.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

My 0 went. That lions d is good. 17-7

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm ready to go when you are Dubious just let me know.

ready in about 15.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
omg, bell is a monster, he ran for almost 300 against me.

I hope you see where i came from making that 4th down call. I wasn't anyway confident of stopping bell if i punted for you to get in fg range, let alone if i didnt convert and went for the gamble.

GG, that was a heart racer.

Eagles win it on a buzzer beater FG, 27-24.

This game had over 500 yards rushing between both teams.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dubious posted:

omg, bell is a monster, he ran for almost 300 against me.

I hope you see where i came from making that 4th down call. I wasn't anyway confident of stopping bell if i punted for you to get in fg range, let alone if i didnt convert and went for the gamble.

GG, that was a heart racer.

Eagles win it on a buzzer beater FG, 27-24.

This game had over 500 yards rushing between both teams.

No I'm fine with you going for it though I feel like I got shafted when your CB on the last third down attempt was crashing down and I had outside leverage and he did a full stop and some how caught me. Then you make a circus catch at the sideline to get in field goal range. I just cant catch a break in these games right now, 4 user loses in a row puts me in a bad spot. I felt bad that I just kept running it but I got away from it the last couple of games and just made a concerted effort to stick to the run.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

and I could have traded my lovely draft for a 10m Bell...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yea i really do feel lovely about how that ended, because you completely outplayed me with Bell. You threw it like 5 times, and I just had no answer. I'd get you to 3rd and long, and then BAM 80 yard run.

Basically, our game was not trusting the forward pass. I'm still laughing at that bomb i threw up that you intercepted because my WR was wide open and my QB just laid a wet fart and put like 20% of his arm into it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I gotta deal with that twice a season. Dude is a monster.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
For some reason my defense just isn't stopping the run this year like has before and its frustrating the poo poo out of me because my whole game is running and a punishing defense. Also don't feel bad you won fair and square, I almost went for it on that 4th and 2 after you stopped Bell just because I knew I wouldn't stop you but I didn't know if you would have been upset so I just punted. At least I get a bye before continuing this hellish schedule, might still be in the playoff hunt but it might be rough getting there.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Piper posted:

Tonight is good for me. Pretty much anytime after 6pm EST

5-7pm EST tonight is 100% good, if any time between this is good for you? :)

Couldn't do yesterday :negative:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Fluo posted:

5-7pm EST tonight is 100% good, if any time between this is good for you? :)

Couldn't do yesterday :negative:
We advanced :/

So I play you Piper! Third season vs the Jets a charm for me, I can feel it!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

So I play you Piper! Third season vs the Jets a charm for me, I can feel it!

We play in both this league and the draft league. Maybe we can knock both out back-to-back tonight. Anytime after 7PM EST is good for me.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The Piper posted:

We play in both this league and the draft league. Maybe we can knock both out back-to-back tonight. Anytime after 7PM EST is good for me.
works for me. If you annihilate me again I might need a day in between.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I so what do you guys do with options like heat seeker, ball hawk, strafe assist and switch assist? I'm having trouble understand if some of these are actually harming me when trying to make plays on the ball.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Shadowhand00 posted:

I was just reading the summary post earlier today and noticed the discrepancy. Osweiller isn't tooooo bad.

Fluo, when do you have time to play?

5pm EST - 7pm EST tonight, I could try and push it later but, let me know what times good for you if known of these are... tomorrow is brew day so gotta get it done tonight as tomorrow I'll be screwed haha

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal

Fluo posted:

5pm EST - 7pm EST tonight, I could try and push it later but, let me know what times good for you if known of these are... tomorrow is brew day so gotta get it done tonight as tomorrow I'll be screwed haha

Man, I'm on PST and don't get out until 5pm PST (8PM your time). It takes me about an hour to get home - could you possibly do 9:30PM?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Shadowhand00 posted:

Man, I'm on PST and don't get out until 5pm PST (8PM your time). It takes me about an hour to get home - could you possibly do 9:30PM?

A bit late for me... I can do 6:30pm PST (9:30pm EST / 2:30am GMT) tomorrow though, PST time zone is pretty perfect for a brewday, as I'll have a good nap inbetween anyway. Tomorrow (Thursday) 6:30pm PST good for you?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Texans beat the Despodos 35-10 but are now in some injury trouble. Rookie QB George Young dislocated his ankle late in the 4th and is now out 7 weeks. Clowney and Cushing will miss 4 weeks, while Hunt will miss two. Oh well. Rookies!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

hey Paperback, when do you want to play tonight?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The Piper posted:

hey Paperback, when do you want to play tonight?
45 mins (9:15est)?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal

Fluo posted:

A bit late for me... I can do 6:30pm PST (9:30pm EST / 2:30am GMT) tomorrow though, PST time zone is pretty perfect for a brewday, as I'll have a good nap inbetween anyway. Tomorrow (Thursday) 6:30pm PST good for you?

I think that should work. I get off work at 5pm tomorrow and my train leaves at 5:35 so... I should be home by 6:10-6:15.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

45 mins (9:15est)?

OK

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

most bullshit ending ever. not talking about you Piper... just the way Madden hosed me.

Piper rightfully got a TD at the end to potentially tie it but his 2 pt conversion pass went right through Charles Woodson. Then it dislocates Carr's knee with a minute to go and Pryor's lovely loving CNF stats made him throw an INT too close to my end zone and that was it. I should have let it go to OT and put McGloin in.

It was Carr's MVP year :smith:
and on a loving non contact play... I don't wanna play with Matt McGloin for the next 6 weeks.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 5, 2015

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

yeah I didn't deserve that one. I'm proud that I drove the length of the field for a TD in the closing minutes but my 2 point conversion play should have been a disaster. My first 2 reads were covered, I tried to scramble but quickly realized I had nowhere to go so I just rifle a pass to the nearest receiver. The ball goes through a Raider CB's hands and into Eddie Royals and it's suddenly a tie game.

Then Carr goes down on a non-contact play and the next play is a Pryor to Pryor INT. That's a really tough loss man. Khalil Mack was eating Geno's lunch all game. I stupidly called alot of PA's and long-developing passing plays and you just can't give a blitzing Mack that much time. I think he had 3 sacks and a bunch of QB hurries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Shadowhand00 posted:

I think that should work. I get off work at 5pm tomorrow and my train leaves at 5:35 so... I should be home by 6:10-6:15.

Auto me, this brew is taking later than expected, i wont be finished before 4am

Sorry ;_;

• Locked thread