Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

primelaw posted:

Cheers to you naysayer! This thing does have the newest i7 in it though, while my desktop still has a sandy bridge i5 2500k in it. Still, it kinda surprised me.

I think most of WoT is CPU limited, at least until they get around to upgrading the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

primelaw posted:

Cheers to you naysayer! This thing does have the newest i7 in it though, while my desktop still has a sandy bridge i5 2500k in it. Still, it kinda surprised me.

Surprised a laptop i7 even a haswell is beating a 2500k, snb was a hell of a uarch and ivy and haswell weren't huge jumps.

What're the max turbo bins on each? Lol single thread games in 2015.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh hey T57 is the on track tank. Guess I'll pull out my T54 and finish off like 80K xp.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Being CPU limited is so dumb when GPU's nowadays are way more capable of handling all the work of gaming poo poo. Thanks obama WG.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Oh hey T57 is the on track tank. Guess I'll pull out my T54 and finish off like 80K xp.

I'm just new back to the game, but what's the story with the new line up to the T57? Is it objectively better than going up through the T69? I hear a lot of people singing the praises of the Bulldog.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm just new back to the game, but what's the story with the new line up to the T57? Is it objectively better than going up through the T69? I hear a lot of people singing the praises of the Bulldog.

T54 is through the T69. I hear american scouts are great but I got into the T69 before the scouts were even a thing.

The first scout is the T37 I think then like T49.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Go through the new lights line. The Chaffee is fantastic, the T37 was laughably overpowered and did not appear to be nerfed enough, and the M41 would be the best tier eight light if it had 200 more HP. The T49 is hilarious and bad, or expensive, depending on the gun you use.

The T21 is very unexciting (it's a stock gun T20), the T71 is great and just got buffed because lol wargaming, and the T69 is great and extremely expensive.

And then the T54E1 is fantastic. I regret being coerced into free XPing up to the T57 for clan wars. Not enough to rebuy a tier nine because gently caress tier nine matchmaking, but it is a sweet tank.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
If the new French medium line is really going to branch off from the 1390 then I think I may start loading all APCR so I can accumulate as much exp as possible before 9.7.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do you autoloader users still run optics or do you try to maximize your reload time/aim time with vents?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Hahaha, it's been so long since I ran the 1390 with full gold loadout. poo poo is so OP fun.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Agrajag posted:

Being CPU limited is so dumb when GPU's nowadays are way more capable of handling all the work of gaming poo poo. Thanks obama WG.

There's still plenty of stuff that runs better on CPUs even in well optimized games. Crysis 3's probably still the gold standard of a game that'll use everything your computer has to throw at it, and it'll peg six hyperthreaded cores like it's nothing. But it uses all of the CPU, and it uses it for something. WoT does neither.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Y'know, when I see you guys posting about team killing people I usually don't remember why anyone would do that. And then I have a game that makes me remember.

The M2, in case you were wondering. Although it should've been most of them.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

They should make it so that if you haven't done over x amount of damage in y tank by a certain point on the timer, you will turn blue and your teammates will get XP and credits from :commissar:ing you.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I was blue in garage for several hours yesterday after some shitstain A) pulled in front me as I fired up the main road on Abbey 30 seconds into the match, then B) shot me, then C) shot me again and bounced, and then D) shot for a third time and missed me from literally 15 meters. I guess I should have just backed into the cap circle and let him kill me, but I was still holding out hopes of doing something useful that match.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Agrajag posted:

If the new French medium line is really going to branch off from the 1390 then I think I may start loading all APCR so I can accumulate as much exp as possible before 9.7.

AMX-30 is confirmed, right?

Tank looks like a beast. I love how thick the barrel is compared to the turret.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Finally bought my t-34-2. Not exactly sure why. I guess its a nice small little tank with a big gun strap on it?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

unlimited shrimp posted:

If you like thick long barrels compared to how small your frame is, you should join PANSY

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

unlimited shrimp posted:

Come to think of it, I don't even know.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

R. Mute posted:

Y'know, when I see you guys posting about team killing people I usually don't remember why anyone would do that. And then I have a game that makes me remember.

I've never regretted teamkilling someone that deserved it; I always regret not teamkilling someone that deserved it

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

WayAbvPar posted:

I was blue in garage for several hours yesterday after some shitstain A) pulled in front me as I fired up the main road on Abbey 30 seconds into the match, then B) shot me, then C) shot me again and bounced, and then D) shot for a third time and missed me from literally 15 meters. I guess I should have just backed into the cap circle and let him kill me, but I was still holding out hopes of doing something useful that match.

If you were that close to the cap circle, just pull into it and let him shootpen you once. He'll go blue immediately and you can end him and go on your way.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Animal posted:

They should make it so that if you haven't done over x amount of damage in y tank by a certain point on the timer, you will turn blue and your teammates will get XP and credits from :commissar:ing you.

Just hire someone to be a Community Contribution Contributer. Assign someone that players can submit replays to, which show a player deliberately hindering their team. Zero damage IS-7 as the last tank alive that fires three shots in ten minutes? You get a week off to review the battle mechanics wiki page and to watch some tutorial videos!

I will gladly be the first of many CCCs. Vote for me and we'll clean up this playerbase! Vote Hellsau - Tough on Crime!

frood posted:

If you were that close to the cap circle, just pull into it and let him shootpen you once. He'll go blue immediately and you can end him and go on your way.

Definitely don't do that. Let him shoot you and turn blue. A blue dude shooting a teammate on the cap circle instantly gets banned.

Getting shitlords banned is a higher calling that I'm more than willing to follow.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Give 300 XP for watching a good player play a round. There, better earning for the bads and they might learn something.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Why'd my On Track missions disappear?
I just had an insane match in my T37 :(

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

BadLlama posted:

Finally bought my t-34-2. Not exactly sure why. I guess its a nice small little tank with a big gun strap on it?

It is a wretched, steaming pile of poo poo. Enjoy.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
It is inferior to the premium 34-3, which is pretty rare.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

srb posted:

It is inferior to the premium 34-3, which is pretty rare.

Yeah its really strange that its the case with this tank.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

BadLlama posted:

It's like a type 59 with worse armor. Enjoy!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo guys play your E4s and snapshot every shot. You will hit EVERY TIME FROM ANY RANGE.

9.6 accuracy change buffs E4, good poo poo.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I really should try playing my t-34-3 more.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Oh look they increased the on track discount back up to 30% for tiers 8-10. Lowering it to 15% was dumb as poo poo.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
So, I quit playing before the Chaffee line got extended, but came back to it being unlocked and my M5 being elited. Also, my M7 being elited as well. So, I now have a Chaffee and T21 in my garage. Which should I grind the hell out of during this on track event?

The Chaffee was a tank I always wanted, just as a WWII nerd, and I want to get a Walker Bulldog and am glad to hear it's awesome. But, the T21 is a tier VI, so one step closer to the on-track tank, and has that more powerful 76mm. Having played both for a few matches, they seem to want to play different, and I want to get the feel. Is Chaffee a good active/passive scout? Also, having finished messing about with the M7, I've always heard that should be played as an anti-scout/arty hunter. Is the same true for the T21?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Quit tanks for good today, haven't played in a long time but feels good to finally be done with this poo poo game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

So, I quit playing before the Chaffee line got extended, but came back to it being unlocked and my M5 being elited. Also, my M7 being elited as well. So, I now have a Chaffee and T21 in my garage. Which should I grind the hell out of during this on track event?

The Chaffee was a tank I always wanted, just as a WWII nerd, and I want to get a Walker Bulldog and am glad to hear it's awesome. But, the T21 is a tier VI, so one step closer to the on-track tank, and has that more powerful 76mm. Having played both for a few matches, they seem to want to play different, and I want to get the feel. Is Chaffee a good active/passive scout? Also, having finished messing about with the M7, I've always heard that should be played as an anti-scout/arty hunter. Is the same true for the T21?

Play the Chaffee. It's better than it used to be, and it sees 6-8 instead of 7-12. The T37 is incredible (680 HP is nuts) and the M41 is unstoppable. Oh also they can do everything - passive, active, combat, they do it all. They also have good tracks for goading whiffed shots. Insanely vulnerable ammo racks so get Safe Stowage ASAP.

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Quit tanks for good today, haven't played in a long time but feels good to finally be done with this poo poo game.

Mind sponsoring some other goon for the 12 step program?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

Chaffee is apparently great now (haven't played mine a lot since the change) mainly due to the change in MM, which makes it only see up to tier8 nowadays, but also due to it having great soft stats.
Apparently jacg123 in Relic have 100% 3rd mark of excellence in his.

Hellsau posted:

The T21 is very unexciting (it's a stock gun T20), the T71 is great and just got buffed because lol wargaming, and the T69 is great and extremely expensive.

And then the T54E1 is fantastic. I regret being coerced into free XPing up to the T57 for clan wars. Not enough to rebuy a tier nine because gently caress tier nine matchmaking, but it is a sweet tank.

I still don't understand why they buffed the T71, it was great before and now apparently even better. I am afraid to run mine since I don't want to damage my 66% win rate in it.
The T54E1 ended up pretty boring since most games were basically wait 35 s, clip an enemy tank in 7s, wait 35 s ad nauseaum until my HP or the enemies ran out. You need an absurd amount of damage in a tier10 game to ace that tank.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I think the T21 is good, but the T37 probably edges it out in every way except for getting snapshotted, that turret just catches all the shells.

One problem with playing the T21 is that you eventually get confused about which tank you're actually driving if you are also playing a T20. "Am I ammo racked? Why is my reload so slow?"

srb fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 4, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cardiac posted:

I still don't understand why they buffed the T71, it was great before and now apparently even better.

The T7 LTs got a balance pass to bring them closer in performance to the W-B. The T71 in particular was pretty much the same tank but with double (!) track bloom. Now that the W-B has lower sustained damage and only a little better moving acc there's actually reasons to consider playing the T71 instead.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

The T7 LTs got a balance pass to bring them closer in performance to the W-B. The T71 in particular was pretty much the same tank but with double (!) track bloom. Now that the W-B has lower sustained damage and only a little better moving acc there's actually reasons to consider playing the T71 instead.

The 1375 was not buffed at all though because gently caress you frenchie that's why.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

The 1375 was not buffed at all though because gently caress you frenchie that's why.

Pretty sure that's a quote directly from the patch notes.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea why they refuse to buff the 13 75. It barely performs like a T6 - and the gap between T6 and T7 LTs is huge.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So uh, the strongholds artillery strike thing seems to be quite something

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I will gladly take this for the ability to use Katyushas